Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

why not

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> why not
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/7/2015 20:07:01   
ambien

when the update happen rabblefroth does the ( balance ) the way the ds notes post. so atom smasher, shadow arts, venom strike, toxic grenade were all nerft for balance as he posted

on the forums post some players were talking about the unreal damage that bot builds are doing in battles.
well since they seem to not care about having a real balance for bot damage, l guess we might as well abuse the bot attack for builds, why not rabblefroth posted in the ds notes that bots rly had no nerf to damage at all. when a bot does 300----to 600 pts of damage in a game why not abuse it.

seem fair to me . l have now seen more bot builds for the unreal damage they can do. so maybe we all should jump on the band wagon for bot damage builds.

when poison builds were running crazy on ed for their damage they nerf poison to 1 more round of cool down. why not balance bot damage it is not that hard., it seems that they do not care about bots doing insane damage any more.

my thoughts on this
ps the balance notes here came from rabbefroth in his balance remake for the game.

always the syfy.

Moved to ED Balance

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 3/8/2015 11:57:55 >
Post #: 1
3/7/2015 20:28:37   
Mother1

If you want to blame someone blame the players who complained about their not being a standard for robot damage. I saw several threads with player griping about the newest promo robots having move power than the others making them worthless.

They wanted a standard and the staff seeing these complaints did just that.
Epic  Post #: 2
3/8/2015 7:00:51   
Lord Machaar

After reading your post, 2 things came up to my mind:

- Ranks.
- Counter builds.

The last changes that occured to balance mainly focused on nerfing TLMs, and especially str/poison build, by adding 1 turn cooldown to 5 focus TLM builds. 1st indirect nerf for 5 focus TLM builds.
Making all bots damage the same 170 damage, sure making all bots equal for players to use, rather than preferring a bot over another for its damage . 2nd indirect nerf for 5 Focus TLM builds.
Those were clear 2 incdirect nerfs to the build you are mainly talking about, because the only class/build that you can abuse the bot damage in is 5 Focus TLM poison build. The bots damage was nerfed (Katherax : the 1st bot for encountering str builds) and nerfing poison which is a main skill used by this build.

Now if you are mad here about the extraordinary damage of robots: Lemme bring the 2 things that showed up in my mind.
I want to point something here very clear, till last friday, 5 focus tlm poison builds with high tech, was the only build to encounter high rank players with, sure it was an OP build, and if it is used by a rank 60 player, it will be even more OP, if not undefeatable, for the simple reason that ranks give, +40 Damage to bot, will result in big damage. Add +30 defense and +30 Resistance.
- The builds that count on robots, which are 5 focus (e.g TLM 5 focus poison builds), are used as counter builds used by low rank players against high rank players with strenght builds.
- Adding ranks means that, a high rank player using this build will have an unbeatable
Sure by nerfing robots will bring balance to battles between high rank players, but what about low rank players?
Where is the problem? Is it in the build? In the ranking system? In low rank players who want to play PVP?

- So, if you are saying here that robots deserve a nerf, for the simple reason that they make an extraordinary damage, that means that 5 focus builds will be directly nerfed to the point where they won't be even able to encounter any build by a high rank player, so what about a low rank player? I'm sure your words are based on 5 focus builds of High Rank Players, because you are a high rank player. Sure by nerfing those bots, a little of balance will come back to ranks ranging from 40 - 60, but what about low rank players, and the problem is, till now, there is no build to replace the 5 focus TLM build. And I can clearly sort from this out, this is a clear message for low rank players to go and do some NPCs.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 3/8/2015 7:10:05 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
3/13/2015 9:49:47   
shadow.bane

^ i am a low rank and i have no trouble in defeating high ranks ( rank 19 moi ) it's just u have to use ur brain , not look at other builds and copy , i have created an unbeatable bh build that is f5 using infernal android and it seems that majority of players are copying me why ? cause it's effective , and u wont find hard time with rank that are ( 40 + ) with this build my ratio jumped from 70 % to surprisingly 85 + % and am only rank 19 ... so this balance is pretty much better then other balance accrued in omega , actually after seeing so many players in ed that are using focus 5 ( bh , ch , tlms , merc , mages , bms ) all classes , in other word all classes now are balanced to me since am a focus player since 4 - 5 years now .

< Message edited by shadow.bane -- 3/13/2015 9:50:45 >

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
3/13/2015 10:27:19   
Lord Machaar

If the game is balanced for you, it doesn't mean it is balanced for everyone.
And rank 19-20 is not a low rank, having 19-20 ranks give you the possibility to use many builds or even create your own, low rank players I'm talking about are ranged from 1 to 10-15, starting from rank 20 to 30, you have enough ranks to choose the build you want, below rank 20, you pretty much can use 5 focus only with no possibility to create build of your own.
5 focus build is a pretty old, even older than some of ED players, having an infernal bot with 5 focus build isn't something new, so if you are talking about copying, I don't think this is copying unless it has something to do with skills.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 3/13/2015 10:29:18 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 5
3/13/2015 14:50:54   
shadow.bane

^@Machaar

f5 is old yes but how the build is used and stats distributed is different then old ones and no rank 20 is low trust me , since i used m brain to distribute my legendary points in a way not the majority of players in ed use it ( simply add 5 ONLY to all legendary points not all 10 since there is + 15 core now) lower the gap between u and high ranks , ed is a game where u need to take advantage of ur math skills and brain skills . and u can ask about my build in game , it's a one of a kind that i created it :) .

AQW Epic  Post #: 6
3/13/2015 16:38:03   
The berserker killer

Dude that's not even fair though. We put the work in to get to our rank, we support the game with time and real money, we put the time in necessary on forums suggesting our ideas. It's sad that you guys are just coming out of nowhere and getting rid of the fun things in the game. Do you not understand that ranks are accessible to everyone and that you're going to get there eventually? Man I could nearly cry about what some of you are doing to this game.

I might as well support every post that suggests we nerf ranks so you guys can finally understand what you're actually doing.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
3/13/2015 16:52:32   
Mother1

@ TBK

No one has made a single nerf to the ranks as of yet. it has been suggested many times, that they be nerfed, or changed but so far ranks are still the way they have been since day one.
Epic  Post #: 8
3/13/2015 18:15:00   
Lord Machaar

The ranking system is still on because the game devs don't have the courage to change it.
I feel great because I know that I gave valid and logical arguments and reasons for not this system to be just tweaked, but to be removed, while on the other side, we find the butthurt players who can't properply use their head anymore for the simple reason of too much clicking on "Strike" button whether by NPCing or PVPing, that they can't even generate a valid argument and they cry over here in the forums to keep their advantage.
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
3/13/2015 22:45:57   
shadow.bane

^ lord machaar when was the last time u logged to ed ? this strike system no longer work if u are rank 1 or rank 60 . what works now is all f5 build no matter what class u are .

AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/14/2015 8:09:21   
Lord Machaar

I logged in yesterday and played 30 1vs1 battles to test many builds of my own.
60% of the opponents were strenght build users with rank 25+. (BM , BH, Merc..)
25% were 5 focus (using the build u stated) with higher rank than 60. Now imagine a rank 60 player with +6 cores on dex/resis/str. Madness.
10% were players using their o
5% Support players.

I got tired of testing builds of my own, and trying to be creative, which means you turn your character into a farming product, I decided to use the only build that can get you atleast 50% ratio at rank 1-10 which is 5 focus.
MQ Epic  Post #: 11
3/14/2015 9:38:57   
shadow.bane

well to be honest i gave my build to many low ranks and they have no hard time of killing str abusers . maybe ur playing wrong or just not lucky at all .

AQW Epic  Post #: 12
3/15/2015 12:52:10   
Squrwogrona

Well tbh with this huge buff to android it was only a matter of time before focus 5 became more popular. Kinda feels odd having abbys, kartherax and cyber yeti in my bank and playing with android again.

< Message edited by Squrwogrona -- 3/15/2015 12:54:09 >
Epic  Post #: 13
3/15/2015 13:48:47   
The berserker killer

True mother but they wont realize what they're doing is ruining the game until it actually happens. That seems to be the only way they will learn so ill just support them. Theyre reasoning is as sound as a child who wants to play near a stove. It just looks interesting to him and he wont learn until he gets burned. Its sad but its true.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 3/15/2015 13:50:06 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> why not
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition