Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

My Idea To Make Shadow Arts Better

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> My Idea To Make Shadow Arts Better
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/8/2015 12:39:17   
Midnightsoul

Add "energy drain" resistance to Shadow Arts. I think this will help CHs go against people who can immediately steal the CH's energy right after the Ch uses Static Charge. For BHs, I think this will help them get a better edge in battle since they are rather weak right now.

Example

-CH uses Shadow Arts (grants 30% damage reduction AND 30% energy drain reduction from opponent)
-BH uses Static Grenade (supposed to steal 300 energy)
Effect: CH only loses 210 energy instead

< Message edited by Midnightsoul -- 3/8/2015 12:50:27 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/8/2015 20:46:29   
  Exploding Penguin

IMO They should just rename the skill entirely because shadow arts has nothing to do with damage reduction...?

This is a pretty neat idea though. I would go as far as to completely rework shadow arts into such:

-Slight damage reduction
-Instantly cleanses a % of any debuffs applied onto you, and reduces effects of debuffs on you for the rest of the skill's duration
-While active you are immune to stuns
-Energy drains, including DoT ones, are reduced by a percentage
-Immune to crits for the duration

Overall it improves your defensive options by a ton and is pretty widespread, so it can fit onto a lot of builds. However, it does not drastically improve anything, so it's more for use against opponents that utilize all forms of the stuff it protects against, most notably focus builds.
Epic  Post #: 2
3/9/2015 4:44:19   
Squrwogrona

Not enough, SA is pretty expensive energy-wise; A turn is most valuable commodity player has and right now it is still debatable if SA is worth wasting a turn. It was ok to invest as a passive, but now just scrap it altogether imo. Or give it lesser cost, 5 turn duration and then maybe it will be worth using.

EDIT: I think it already reduces drained energy imo, but since both static charge and static grenade are so weak, it doesn't make a difference.

@Penguin what you are saying is that SA should basically remove RNG. I'm all for that.

< Message edited by Squrwogrona -- 3/9/2015 4:48:56 >
Epic  Post #: 3
3/10/2015 1:07:16   
Midnightsoul

@Exploding Penguin

Yeesssss. I like that ^_^
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
3/10/2015 15:06:21   
Caststarter

Sadly, while this is actually rather nice, there is already the Official Cyber Hunter Balance Discussion Thread that allows for this type of discussion. It would be rather appreciated if all discussion of this can be moved over there. In which case, this thread will be locked.
DF  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> My Idea To Make Shadow Arts Better
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition