Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= March 13th, 2015 - Celtic Celebration!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= March 13th, 2015 - Celtic Celebration!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/13/2015 15:07:30   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

March 13th, 2015
Celtic Celebration!

Enjoy the luckiest Friday the 13th in ages by picking up St. Patrick's and Celtic-themed gear available from Naomi!

These beauties were crafted with care by SlayertheKraken, Theon, and Bidoof!

Deadly Decor

Decorate your walls and floors with a fine selection of new items including Dage-themed decorations and new banks!

New Dailies!
Be sure to check for new Daily Missions created by Ranloth for fantastic rewards! For those who don't know or occasionally forget, Daily Missions are a great way to earn Credits and Arcade Tokens without grinding out dozens of PvP or NPC battles.

The Guest Team Grows!
We would like to extend a hearty Delta V welcome to new Guest Artist Theon and Guest Writer Silver Sky Magician who formally joined the team and are hard at work to produce new content for all to enjoy (Theon created weapons for this release)! Say "hello" to them in game if you bump into them.

Lucky Number 13!

The Friday the 13th achievement now available! Grab it before it vanishes!

Bunny Time!

Easter is just around the corner so you know what that means -- deadly bunnies of DOOM! This is just a small preview of what awaits in the epic new event coming to a Biodome near you!

Tags: Titan

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 3/13/2015 17:15:53 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/13/2015 15:44:44   
Lord Machaar

Hmm... Can't wait for the easter update, these small updates are cool but content-less.
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
3/13/2015 16:18:30   
The berserker killer

Might as well change the name from "Epic Duel" to Epic Mission with a description on the front page that says "Become the most Epic Mission completer of them all as you gear up with a wide variety of weapons! Hard to pick which weapon to choose? Don't worry! They're all the same!"

We have said countless times over and over again about what we would like to see in this game and what we would not like to see in this game. I even have a list of things I would like to see in this game that I have spread around to over 150 people who actually play this game who have all contributed to this list and supported the final making of it. 150 people is a pretty fine representation of the 400 people that play this game on a daily basis.

Some Constructive Criticism: You like missions and weapons, fine, but it's time to realize that the value of a weapon isn't just determined by the price it has on it but by the amount of work an individual put in in order to obtain that weapon. Sure this is a small update, in preparation for a bigger one, but just hear me out. The games motto is
quote:

...become the most Epic Dueler of them all!
... I mean it literally says that right there on the front page. So in the future instead of tying PVP with Missions on such a basic Level, can you try to do it more on an EPIC level?
What I mean by this is that you could have created those daily missions but also another Tier of Daily Missions called something epic like Beast Mode. In this tier of missions there will be 4 Missions.
Mission 1) *Description*
Requirement:100 Wins
Reward: Epic gun
After Mission 1 you can go on to Mission 2,so on so forth
Mission 2) * Description*
Requirement: 200 Wins
Reward: Epic Aux
Mission 3) *Description*
Requirement: 300 Wins
Reward: Epic Sword & Mutating Wep
Mission 4) *Description*
Requirement: 400 Wins
Reward: Epic Armor and Robot.

Understand what I did there? I took a basic set with no cores, aux, gun, robot (sure, a core here or maybe just a gold version of some other bot) , armor and I increased the value of it ten fold. Am I fair to all Players? Yes. Is the mission permanent? Yes. Will it seriously affect PVP and make it unbalanced? Only in a way that a ton more players would come on with Epic Builds and race to claim this Champion Gear. Would this set, that's completely available to everyone, maintain its uniqueness? Yes! So whats wrong this picture? Nothing because at the end of the day this game is called Epic Duel and, just like any other PVP, we love our bragging rights. If you can't "put up" then shut up and if you can't get enough wins to acquire this set then im sorry but it's too bad. It's not meant for everyone. And what better bragging rights than walking around in gear that you did a grand total of 1000 wins for? Charfade even said it when tons of players tried to collaborate and revamp the faction window:
quote:

There must be room for players who get 1000 wins in a day
. And believe me, if you don't think that players will return this game faster than a pindrops for this gear then you must be insane.

That is how you tie missions with Epic Dueling. Sure the same thing could even be done in way larger numbers for npcs, but that's all I have to say for that topic.

On another note just good job implementing weapons based on the "Iron Age" from 12th century. I would like to see more done with that such as the "Stone Age" where you release Bow & Arrows as guns, a Wooden Club as a mace, a Spear as a sword, knives for bounty hunters, a wooden staff for mages etc. Loincloths for armor, tiger skin, etc.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 3/13/2015 16:25:42 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
3/13/2015 16:41:04   
Ranloth
Banned

Daily Missions are aimed at casual players who want to make fast Credits, and either an Arcade Token or War Commander / Whiteout cores. Casual players won't spend a great deal of time on a game each day, hence why they are relatively easy (and fast) to complete. On that note, The berserker killer, weren't you the one asking for more Daily Missions, sometime before Christmas?

In regards to your Beast Mode, we are already aware of it. Since these kind of Missions do not fit the Dailies (read above), it doesn't mean we can't release them separately, either - there is already a very similar chain planned for Easter, as I've tweeted last week. There is only so much you can reward from these Missions, without having to repeat the same reward over and over again. If players do like the concept of them, based on actual feedback when they are out - as opposed to asking players on social media only - then we can consider continuing the trend, and making them even more difficult (and more rewarding at the same time).
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
3/13/2015 16:52:53   
The berserker killer

Yes, definitely, I loved the new various rewards for Daily Missions (including the recent War Commander reward which really makes sense in preparation for war). That was released a few weeks after Christmas and you've got noooo idea how grateful I was for that. But the missions, in general, are too short. Theyre so short!

And thank God you're in the process of a mission chain like that. I'll definitely come back to the game when that's released however if that mission chain itself will be permanent it eradicates the uniqueness of the weapon.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 3/13/2015 16:54:11 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
3/13/2015 16:56:26   
Lord Machaar

quote:

And believe me, if you don't think that players will return this game faster than a pindrops for this gear then you must be insane.

I don't think your suggestion will make players return to the game that magically. In fact the gathering of many suggestions will do.
Taking "Gift system" for example, personally I think it was the best event in the history of ED, the servers were full, the game was running so good for atleast the 27 days that event occured in. The gifting system was matched with a promo pack, mission chains, new weapons, etc... This means players come back when different suggestions are gathered, to bring back all types of players, because each player prefers a certain thing, some like missions, some like new look, some like new features, etc... gathering all of them, will bring back all players.
Sadly, features like gifting system are rare, sure features are harder to make (atleast that's what we are being told) and frankly nothing comes easy, you can't just sit there waiting for the game to grow without putting effort in features, cores, content, etc... the game won't function properly.
Furthermore I would like to focus on something here very important, taking ranks for example, sure this system was introduced for hardcore (no-lifers) players, to do something when they reach cap level, the reason for this system is legit. Now how devs have made this wish came true for those no-lifers ruined the balance of the game, just food for thought, introducing a new system to entertain players doesn't always require a need to give players a reward in return that affects badly the game balance. I mean for god sake even before ranking system was introduced the ED balance forums section was burning in flames, and players were complaining about imbalances between classes, now on top of that ranks can feed that by giving an OP class more points to make it even more OP.
I frankly think that the devs could came up with a so much better system to give no-lifers to do without affecting the game balance, e.g the suggestion you just gave, and many others that I can't count.

I would like to stick with my very first clean reply to OP, this one is just what we were saying in the last couple of months, and I don't think this will change anything.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 3/13/2015 16:58:48 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 6
3/13/2015 17:31:37   
dfo99

quote:

Hmm... Can't wait for the easter update, these small updates are cool but content-less.

yes, because decoration items and mission, is far much more important than useless things like daily wins personal counter, show legion and exile players numbers, war statistics and others frequently suggested ideas for a online pvp game.
Post #: 7
3/13/2015 19:54:29   
Squrwogrona

IDK, new missions are fine, more weapons why the hell not...but please how about some more info on what is in the pipeline?

I asked similar question a few weeks back; is it so hard to post one sentence in DN'S/twitter; ok now we'll have killer bunnies next week.

I know that ED is more centered on kids now, but it started as 18+ and some of us from that times are still here and this honestly sucks.

So far it is always finish the war, wait for cooldown to reach zero; rinse and repeat; and on top of that between the cooldown there is month + of basically nothing to do, bcs PVP is far from ideal (I'm trying to be polite) and a small tweak once in two months give or take just doesn't cut it.

You say that you are monitoring battles and taking names for months now, but honestly no update yet reflected this. How much longer till you fix juggernaut for example? Or do something about never ending circles of buff/nerf? Anything about energy meta? And write something about how you see the classes. I still don't see any concept here bcs you switch skills all the time.

I was optimistic when you shuffled skills around, but honestly I expected that to be prelude to some heavy lifting in balance terms. If so, then write about it, don't keep it under wraps. IDC if it's not set in stone, it would be great to know that you trying to fix PvP instead of just flooding the game with more art/missions and keeping silent...

//end rant

I'm gonna cool off now, see you next time.
Epic  Post #: 8
3/13/2015 20:03:57   
Lord Machaar

On a side note, I really like the weapon (staff maybe? or a club) that showed in the end of the DNs, it just has so much details in it, that I frankly think it is impossible to be coded in game as, till now, apart from Azrael's sword, frost slayer and some other weapons, not even one single weapon has so much details in it like this one, just beautiful, especially when you compare it to the weapons in the same DNs, you really feel the difference and how much work was invested in that piece of art (no offense to other guest artists), but sadly it will be 150% a promo-pack weapon, totally worth the 10k var. I think the game really need some fine looking piece of arts in-game, I frankly am tired of shallow and cliché weapons for the last 5 years (again except some weapons). I might buy this piece of art without a core in it, atleast it has something in it worthy. Sure simple weapons are a well-fit for low levels players and begginers, but as you level up, you would like to gear up yourself with some fine looking loot.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 3/13/2015 20:14:05 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
3/14/2015 4:57:19   
Vorzathiel

^thanks for the compliment on the weapon, and i can be 90% sure that it won't be a promo since the team is working really hard to make stuff for the easter event instead.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/14/2015 6:02:57   
Vextur

First of all, i would like to welcome new guest artist and writer, i hope you will listen to player's wishes about better missions and more detailed weapons and not just trying to oppose every different opinion.

On to the update, if it even can be called an update..
No word from devs whole week cuz it obviously takes every member of high ranked ED staff to solve a bug..
And weapons are, uhm, not that bad but we need more detailed and rare weapons that you'll be able to wear with pride for the next years cuz it's special. Did you notice that ED didn't make rare or ultra rare weapon in years, all of it is seasonal. But the good thing is that at least higher rarity isn't "inflated" like seasonal and limited rare weapon tag.
Onto to next week, what else can we do..
~Vextur

< Message edited by Vextur -- 3/14/2015 6:03:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/14/2015 7:03:33   
Darkwing

I like many of the new weapons, but why use when best cores are locked on a certain weapon? Either unlock cores from gear or make new cores.
Post #: 12
3/14/2015 10:04:02   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

No word from devs whole week cuz it obviously takes every member of high ranked ED staff to solve a bug..

Reality lines up pretty well with that statement. Even the Writers and Artists were asked to try and figure out this bug because we didn't have any solid bug reports to go on until recently.

The problem was simple if you didn't train any points into Energy shield, static grenade, or stun grenade you would get kicked for not having a point in energy shield. However; if you had a point in Static grenade the game would tell you that Energy shield needed a point instead of kicking you. If you were running any build that used multi or even a build with energy shield you would never notice the issue or if you had energy drain the game would prevent you from being kicked.

In short it was a simple bug that was hard to pin down because the skills that solve the bug are fairly common place as skills actually used by BH's
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/14/2015 11:10:37   
Drianx

After not reading anything in Design Notes about it, I randomly logged on 5 days ago to check whether Celtic Cleaver has been released.
And yes, it has.

After not reading anything in Design Notes about it, yesterday I logged on to check whether Bunny Borg has been released.
And yes, it has. Furthermore, it was already out of stock. Logged out.

Today I logged on to check whether they restocked. No, they didn't. Logged out again.

Too bad they become too lazy to post when seasonal items come again in shop, or when they restock Limited rares. Not to say why in the world they decided to make items both seasonal rare and limited quantity?

Epicduel logic fails, as usual.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
3/16/2015 11:06:17   
King Bling

Needed : Balance Given : New Items
Needed : 1vs1 Given : Class Changes
2vs2
Losing-naut
Battles
Needed: Restocking Given : New Items
of Items

Things Which We Need To Continue Playing The Game Are Not Given While Things That Are Given Are Not What We Needed. Make It Visa-Versa ASAP!

Merged ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 3/16/2015 15:21:45 >
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= March 13th, 2015 - Celtic Celebration!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition