Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= March 20th, 2015 - Rabbits Return Next Week!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 20th, 2015 - Rabbits Return Next Week!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/22/2015 11:11:56   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Just spoke with Char, and yes, it is technically engine limitations. On one hand, it's possible but... your progress would not save on logging out or a disconnect, just like AQW. It was one or the other, a trade-off. With how long Missions can take in ED (e.g. 200 PvP), how could a casual player ever finish this? And random disconnects skewing players over? We would have to stick to very simple Missions for good, something that can be done in a couple of minutes tops; PvP takes a little bit longer than that.

Saving progress and having multiple Missions is something that isn't possible, at the same time, and AQ even has similar thoughts on saving progress in Quests - coding issues, and database space; players suggested it there many times, too.

In other words, it's either multiple Missions or saving progress on logout / disconnect. The latter was chosen since it's proven to be far more efficient and effective, than having multiple Missions active. Not even AQW saves your progress during a disconnect or when you log out. Engine limitations, eh?
Source: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21941911
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
3/22/2015 11:27:07   
The berserker killer

Limited time and hardcore go hand in hand do they not? Winning 1v1, 2v2 champs, even jugg chamos is hardcore simply because they are limited time. Yes it would be permanent but theres a timer. Without a timer or some kind of resetting factor these missions wont be anything close to hardcore. I'm not saying these missions should be changed, I'm not saying anything could be taken out. I'm just offering constructive criticism to a dev that most players are looking for. You say we're the minority but that's only the case because the recent constant story line updates as opposed to PVP updates have made your older players leave. In fact I still think the majority of players would support hardcore PVP daily missions @ oz since I had 150+ players on facebook supporting the idea.

Fyi, please please please keep in mind that "hardcore PVP" doesn't target any level group at all. I've seen lvl 40s reach 700 wins, I've seen lvl 30s+ reach 500 wins, I've seen a level 18 have 600 wins by 12 hours after reset. Hardcore PVP is fair to everyone and its seriously about time that we get something like it in this PVP based game.

And to be honest I dont even think I will play if its permanent. No offense to you but just why? Why consider something hardcore if its permanent? Winning WD, or daily champs is hardcore. Getting 500 wins with no time limit? Thats cake. And I just don't feel like its fair. Theres no one in the dev pool thats representing the hardcore players that used to make up 85% of tho games database. You think they left because of flash reasons? They left because "the game isn't what it used to be" (which was the leading answer from 275 ex-players that i managed to encounter on facebook). We've strayed so far from the goal of the game
quote:

Become the most epic dueler of them all
that no one even recognizes that quote anymore.

Sure its my "opinion" supported by over 100 players but of i dont say something then i feel as if no one will represent the in-game pro players who dont log on to forums. And if no one says something, and the game continues on in thw direction its going, then ill have no one to blame but myself.

Some more constructive criticism: If you have a holiday like spring break comingup where most of your players will be online simply because most of them will be out of school wouldnt it make more sense to put in "Unrestricted" content as opposed to "Restricted" content? What i mean by that is that oncw these missikns are done....its over. Good jov everyone you did the missions, which will result in 30 players completing these missikns at a single time on most moments. However if you would have taken the time to implement Faction rewards for winning champs/world dom, killstreak cheevos, and letting bosses drop xp and creds......do you even understand how many players will not only come online but will stay online?

Lastly: IMO if this were a single plaher game id be the type to love missions. Sure. But since its not i would like to say thaf its time to recognize your priorities. Pvp is first, missions second. You cant become the
quote:

Most Epic Dueler
by completing missions. With that said, im not looking for an argument with anyone. Just representing a vast majority of the player database at this time and a small majority of the players who have quit this game.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 27
3/22/2015 12:09:32   
One Winged Angel1357

@berserker killer here is the good thing about our mission system it has a cancel button. If you want to make these missions even harder than they have written them to be you can impose your own rules onto them. After X number of days you can say well I didn't beat it time to restart and try again or I beat this one do I want to dive back into the next mission or pick up one of the easy ones to take a short break. I can say this because Ranloth is trying to make me record this missions the number of PvP wins all equal high ranks on the daily leaderboard, the first mission on a school only otherwise it looks middle of the road, and I doubt you can accomplish the entire chain in one day so putting a time limit on it when we don't know how long it will take players to complete could very well lead to impossible missions but maybe we can look at a daily that has a high win req if these missions are well received.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
3/22/2015 12:25:35   
Lord Machaar

quote:

And to be honest I dont even think I will play if its permanent.

Hmm, remember me again, who are you?
We are not making a game here just for you, beside you, there are players with different tastes, level range & etc...

quote:

Become the most epic dueler of them all.

I see nothing epic about a player that has:
+ 30 Primary Damage.
+ 40 Sidearm damage.
+ 40 Aux damage.
+ 40 Robot damage.
+ 30 Defense.
+ 30 Resistance.
Farming a bunch of players having!
+ 0 Primary damage.
+ 0 Sidearm damage.
+ 0 Aux damage.
+ 0 Robot damage.
+ 0 Defense.
+ 0 Resistance.

Basically having +210 damage in the whole battle, yet saying i'm pro player?
Pro players died with the opening of Omega, pro players are players who played before Omega, having same everything their opponent has and yet managing to have a decent win ratio. That's called pro.
MQ Epic  Post #: 29
3/22/2015 12:27:38   
Mother1

@ OWA

My thoughts exactly. Those kinds of missions sound more like "I have plenty of time on my hands missions" rather than hardcore ones. Real life can come at any time, and when real life comes you have to deal with it before the game. Any player who has to deal with Real life situations only to be told they have to start a mission chain over after investing X amount of time would be furious if anything.

The old yeti trainer mission with the PVP part of it when it was bugged is a good example. When said bug was fixed the players were told they would have to start from scratch and while people did do so they were not happy about their hard work going down the drain.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 3/22/2015 12:30:28 >
Epic  Post #: 30
3/22/2015 12:32:41   
The berserker killer

@OWA:just constructive criticism. And the lbs at reset are much more interesting and diverse. But thanks for at least saying you will "look at it".

@Machaar: Ive been playing since beta.

@mother: Plenty of time isn't needed. Just an eagerness to fight and win. Like what players used to have.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 3/22/2015 12:34:46 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 31
3/22/2015 12:33:42   
Lord Machaar

Never saw you.
MQ Epic  Post #: 32
3/22/2015 12:35:25   
The berserker killer

Same master acc, diff name/char
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 33
3/22/2015 12:38:26   
Lord Machaar

Playing 1 day in beta and quitting for 4 years doesn't count.
MQ Epic  Post #: 34
3/22/2015 12:43:33   
Ranloth
Banned

Only because a suggestion has a lot of support, it doesn't make it a good idea - and even if, there are different priorities too.

quote:

If you have a holiday like spring break comingup where most of your players will be online simply because most of them will be out of school wouldnt it make more sense to put in "Unrestricted" content as opposed to "Restricted" content? What i mean by that is that oncw these missikns are done....its over. Good jov everyone you did the missions, which will result in 30 players completing these missikns at a single time on most moments.

They are permanent for a reason, and it's always a goal for the players - leveling up to access them. Furthermore, the hardcore chain is a side-chain which I wrote in case we had the time to implement it with the main Event, and it allowed me to put players' suggestions in-game - having more difficult Missions to play through, that is.
So much for having an exclusive chain too, for higher level players - another player suggestion. Had it not been players' suggestions, the "hardcore chain" would've possibly ended up as a side chain, akin to Treasure Hunt (Ishmael) or Overlord Ops (Overlord Guard) - content which also gets complaints because it can be completed in short period of time.

Back in the day - which goes back a phase or two - players wanted more Missions, because the game was all about PvP. This was when we had all these Turrets, more active Factions, etc. - EpicDuel's prime, you could say. Now with less players and some of the features mentioned being gone, some people are saying the opposite; more PvP, and less Missions. It is contradictory, because with all these features (which have now been removed), players still wanted Missions. Now that they are a lot more common, it became a problem. I won't mention old complaints about no story or whatsoever - effort is being put into it, but players just change their mind and look for a scapegoat.

Can't please everyone, y'know? Doesn't stop us from trying, however.
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
3/22/2015 12:44:09   
The berserker killer

@machaar: Okay

@ranloth: And not once did it cross anyone's mind to implement a bit more missions instead of changing the game to solely mission and story line based? Just asking. When things were "the other way around' there were at least 1k more players m

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 3/22/2015 12:47:55 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 36
3/22/2015 12:59:59   
Mother1

@ TBK

You need both to be honest. You can have the drive and eagerness to win, but if you don't have the time then you won't succeed. The same could be said if you have all the time in the world but no drive to do it then you won't as well.

But my point was that if Time isn't on your side especially since RL can come at anytime then these missions will cause more rage rather than happiness.
Epic  Post #: 37
3/22/2015 13:50:00   
The berserker killer

Yea and that's life. Just because somethings in game doesn't mean it has to be easy enough for everyone. After all, looks like omegas mainly about bragging rights. If you can brag that you got said weapon from the 3rd tier daily mission then that says alot as opposed to " I got this weapon from a mission".

Basically we would like an actual challenge in this game. You know, like that one level 100 boss in most mmorpg games that only a few players can beat? Even releasing Dage at level 100 with a cheevo would be an amazing release by itself. But hey, its just my opinion backed up by some players
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 38
3/22/2015 15:08:51   
King Bling

Having rank 40+ is being pro
Post #: 39
3/22/2015 17:11:04   
Lord Machaar

Having rank 40+ after 20k NPCs is not being pro. Nothing pro about farming same NPC for 1 year and a half doing same moves in same turns with same class and build/
Having rank 40+ after PVP battle, that's called being pro. Facing higher rank than you with no additional rewards and less advantage.

I barely have 300 npc wins and that's due to missions, trying builds, etc... I got my 7 ranks fair and square playing what the game is standing for.
Some prefer to NPC at first and PVP when they reach rank 30 atleast.
Some NPC to rank 60.
And then there is a group of true players. Who pvp all the way up 2 years after introducing this system (which means many high rank players). Now those are the true pros.

@Below: Stop npcing a little bit and check out the game, doing some PVPs and hanging out in crowded areas might give you the chance to find one, it seems like you are missing out.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 3/22/2015 17:21:28 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 40
3/22/2015 17:13:51   
The berserker killer

Idk much players with 20k npcs
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 41
3/22/2015 18:44:09   
Squrwogrona

Got kicks from playing 1v1. Sometimes I get owned by str bm's regardless of their rank, but whatever, can't win every battle;)

Really love shadow arts now. IDK if they're in line for another tuning or not, but now it's pretty cool to use them. Especially when battling in a dark location;)

On the other hand, playing with android is getting dull. Hope they nerf it again so I can use another bot...

Epic  Post #: 42
3/22/2015 22:40:21   
RageSoul

More missions i see? Well it's good to know that now you guys want to revive the hardcore/competitive aspects in the game . I guess i could try leveling up one of my characters from 37 up to 40 given that they'll be worth doing ( only thing keeping me doing so are them high Rankers though ) if i have the time .

Just a question , an off-topic one: Will there be any news about the Arcade prizes being able to be upgraded based on Character Level for free? It could also be a great opportunity to test if you can make item rewards from future missions like Primaries and Sidearms have stats upgraded based on CL in the future .
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 20th, 2015 - Rabbits Return Next Week!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition