Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Design Notes March 27th, 2015: Drakath's Final Form - Chaos Drakath!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes March 27th, 2015: Drakath's Final Form - Chaos Drakath!
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/4/2015 9:09:44   
The Jop

Because of how it's clearly better than everything else in terms of its power for energy ratio. When was headless horseman ever overpowered? He's about the same level as Fire Witch, and she was only overpowered when Fireball was 5 energy (and now there's Chaos Spikes, which do the same amount of damage as Fireball for 2 less energy...). And I do think stuff life frostbite should be balanced, it's just awful. Water especially needs to be reworked.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 4/4/2015 9:11:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 101
4/4/2015 10:09:06   
Gorillo Titan

I'm not comparing them to drakath, I'm comparing them to when they first came out and they were unkillable by the characters at the time now they are just weak.

@asuka are there any plans to change around the water element and fix the frostbite card?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 4/4/2015 10:32:33 >
Post #: 102
4/14/2015 9:34:48   
Vestrova

alot of stuff needs to be balanced, yeah. im sure they'll get to it eventually. like i think i heard something about water being looked at? i'm not sure...
and i thought the 500 pierce cards were pretty good?
DF AQW  Post #: 103
4/14/2015 9:42:22   
The Jop

The 500 pierce cards aren't really bad, nobody said that. Frostbite is the card that does 800 damage over 4 turns for 6 energy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
4/14/2015 16:27:58   
Gorillo Titan

@the jop can you add a recommended CC section on the wiki? I know it says for the starters the best way to use them in a fight on the wiki?
Post #: 105
4/14/2015 16:30:41   
The Jop

I could talk to Asuka about it, but he didn't want to put up a page about the Oversoul Index so I doubt he'll want to make a page for it. It's his call; maybe he'll want to add it to the Beginner's Guide if not as a new page.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
4/14/2015 22:57:26   
Elite Tuga

Chaos Drakath sure did get a respectable nerf. I never use to lose with it because Regen was just 'supernaturally insane' but since the nerf, I lose my battles with C. Drakath (with CC's) against characters like Great Pump-king, Necrosis Dezgardo, Kruger, Volt Engineer, Hanzo Queen Aegea and more.

Overall: I think Chaos Drakath is nerfed enough as its very beatable if one has good PvP experience & plays their cards right. Chaotic Flux is fine how it is in my opinion since its the real Chaos trait the character has (BUT like said before, it should be CC-unobtainable to prevent major imbalances across the game).

Epic  Post #: 107
4/15/2015 4:39:30   
R.chime

or maybe they can make it so that you can only ever have 1 copy of CC chaotic flux(make it obtainable through a event of beating some chaos boss, u'd b able to fight it many times, but only get CC flux once)
Post #: 108
4/15/2015 19:27:08   
Elite Tuga

quote:

or maybe they can make it so that you can only ever have 1 copy of CC chaotic flux(make it obtainable through a event of beating some chaos boss, u'd b able to fight it many times, but only get CC flux once)

I wish I could agree with you on this one but I completely do not.

Reason: Even if 'Chaotic Flux' was limited to 1 quantity per account through CC's, it would still make the game balance messed up, since at least a few elements would be pretty much broken like i.e Ice, Earth & Light. These 3 elements would be 1 huge step ahead of any other element even Chaos, since they already have special cards like i.e Freeze, Petrify & Greater Heal (which are CC unobtainable). Chaos deserves this special card to be unique in it's own way too, otherwise what's the point of Chaos, if every other element can have it's best trait?.. I think best option is to 'respect Chaos' & make 'Chaotic Flux' exclusive to specific/all Chaos Legendaries.
Epic  Post #: 109
4/15/2015 20:14:32   
Gorillo Titan

It's chaos master limited not chaos legendary limited.
Post #: 110
4/15/2015 21:03:41   
Elite Tuga

quote:

It's chaos master limited not chaos legendary limited.

We don't know that.. Bandit Drakath could be an exception for all we know. Let's see what Nulgath will do for Chaos in 24th April.
Epic  Post #: 111
4/15/2015 23:21:33   
Gorillo Titan

Regen isn't worth CC a lot of maybe one for a character but two or three is to much.
Post #: 112
4/16/2015 0:07:59   
The Finnish Phoenix

I agree, four Chaos 525/3's and a Neutral-525 would be a fun CC set for Chaos characters. Regen as a CC would have potential on defensive characters and/or characters with low energy totals that need some higher energy cards to balance that out.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 113
4/16/2015 0:12:02   
Gorillo Titan

I run only 5 hit combos most the time anyway chaos will be fun for me to use. I get a strange feeling they could make the CC chaos cost 4 energy though.
Post #: 114
4/30/2015 16:45:04   
Subon

OH I MADE AN ACCOUNT, THIS IS AMAZING.

...Anyway.

As Chaos Flux is concerned, it's a pretty damn good card, altho I wonder how Nulgath is going to pull it off with custom decks, since if anyone manages to get like 3 of them, that would be OP as hell. Chaos Flux should be limited only to characters designed by Nulgath, so they would fit into decks that wouldn't completely break the character, just don't make them obtainable trought Card Customisation.
Post #: 115
4/30/2015 18:09:14   
Elite Tuga

quote:

OH I MADE AN ACCOUNT, THIS IS AMAZING.

...Anyway.

As Chaos Flux is concerned, it's a pretty damn good card, altho I wonder how Nulgath is going to pull it off with custom decks, since if anyone manages to get like 3 of them, that would be OP as hell. Chaos Flux should be limited only to characters designed by Nulgath, so they would fit into decks that wouldn't completely break the character, just don't make them obtainable trought Card Customisation.

Hi and welcome bro to our small friendly community. I 100% agree with what you said, i've been saying the same-thing in the past. I sure hope most OS Staff are reading our feedback and forwarding it because we don't want Nulgath to do anything that would disappoint the fans.
Epic  Post #: 116
5/1/2015 2:06:34   
elite dark slayer

Welcome to the forum where everyone argues about the game, Subon! Personally, I think chaos flux is fine as it is, as long as it is made non CC-able and it is limited to 1/deck. It is balanced because it lessens the characters chances of a five-hit.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 117
5/1/2015 7:55:00   
Gorillo Titan

@subon http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21769949
Post #: 118
5/1/2015 8:08:20   
SonicTbear

@elite: Come on! This game doesn't suck just because of one OP card! It's not like it's AQW or ED... :P

Now for the problem of Chaos Flux, I agree with the no CC thing but other than that, it's fine how it is with the choose any card to play for free thing. Now before you bring out the pitchforks and torches, let me add that this card should allow you to play any card for free, but since it's exclusive to Chaos, that effect should only work on Chaos cards. After seeing how you can use it with CCs like Water Flow, that's OP God powah wite deyah... So by doing this, people can't 5-hit you or stun you or etc. with non Chaos cards right off the bat. Also, give Bandit Drakath his Neutralize and Ironhide back. If this CF suggestion actually takes place, he can't use it anyway. :P I don't know if this has already been said, but this is what I think they should do about this Chaos Flux issue/Chaos rebalancing thing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
5/1/2015 8:56:02   
Gorillo Titan

If chaos flux isn't CC it needs to count as dual element I'm gonna fight on this one it doesn't make sense for it not to make a character part chaos. It shouldn't be in CC packs thats a given as is it could be used by any character and make it god mode.

Bandit drakath deck is good as is if they nerf chaos flux he's going to suck though.
Post #: 120
5/1/2015 9:34:36   
The Jop

He's still a good shadow character. You need to be pretty lucky to draw chaos flux and the card you CC'd from another element at the same time anyway. I'm pretty sure the nerf they're planning is to stop it from working on other elements anyway.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 5/1/2015 9:35:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
5/1/2015 9:41:26   
Gorillo Titan

Thats stupid since chaos cards don't cost enough to make chaos flux worth using.
Post #: 122
5/1/2015 9:46:40   
The Jop

They go up to 8 energy, that's definitely worth it. Sorry you won't be able to use 5-hit combos for free anymore.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 5/1/2015 9:47:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
5/1/2015 9:51:22   
Gorillo Titan

nope. Not worth it rather 5 hit naturally then have a dead card in my hand.

Gonna be just chaos plague spamming when the CC comes out anyway lol.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 5/1/2015 9:52:28 >
Post #: 124
5/1/2015 10:05:56   
The Jop

Why is not worth it? You'd rather spend more energy than save up to 8 energy?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes March 27th, 2015: Drakath's Final Form - Chaos Drakath!
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition