Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= April 3rd, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.43 (Discussion)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= April 3rd, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.43 (Discussion)
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/3/2015 12:25:53   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

April 03, 2015
Patch Notes - 1.6.43

Continue the saga as you continue to help the Lagomorphs repair their ship and attempt another daring escape!

NEW CHANGES/FEATURES:
  • Rabbits Return Part 2
    • Rocket Recovery
    • Grid Grind
    • Shrimp Shakedown
    • Flash Files
    • Rabbit on Record
    • Team Guard Duty
    • Rocket Grease
    • Nerves of Floof
    • Farewell Flower
    • Parting Ways

• Lagomorph Destiny Achievement
  • Bundorable Cores (Continued)
    • Egg-citing Adventure

BUGS FIXED:
  • Bunny Egg Bank would hang the game when clicked

Tags: RabbleFroth

The other section of the patch notes have been posted in ED Balance ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 4/4/2015 9:46:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/3/2015 12:33:56   
Lord Machaar

Big announcement?
Teasing players for 2 weeks, that's childish.
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
4/3/2015 12:41:21   
Ranloth
Banned

We won't be sharing something that's not 100% set in stone, just to have it backfire afterwards - e.g. saying one thing, but the outcome ends up being different. Releases were promised in the past before, just to see them getting delayed last minute, thus players saying that the Devs lie.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
4/3/2015 12:47:42   
Lord Machaar

Why would they even mention it, since personally, I see it has same outcomes as saying something you are not sure of, since the delaying of this announcement, will make players put hopes on it, ending up by saying the announcement about Rabblefroth getting married, I'm happy for him but how is that will change anything about the game, and since the hopes that players hanged on this big announcement that was meant to change players play the game to a better stats, turns out to be Rabblefroth getting married, well that's something.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/3/2015 12:48:04 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
4/3/2015 13:40:42   
Squrwogrona

EDITED, thanks @Machaar;)

Onward to this release; well even if we disregard everything new that was suggested, when do you fix features already in game, namely Juggernaut and Ranks? These balance changes would be fine if PvP was healthy, but why tweak something in a broken system?

Anyway, it looks like str got nerfed anyway, so I'll give this one a try. But I have to say I'm disappointed once again.

< Message edited by Squrwogrona -- 4/3/2015 14:58:05 >
Epic  Post #: 5
4/3/2015 13:46:29   
The berserker killer

To be honest this was extremely disappointing and a huge waste of one of the only breaks that we get during school. War should've been here or the release should've came with the war.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
4/3/2015 13:49:53   
Lord Machaar

@Squr
that was an example.

On topic
last week, they said that the war is starting this week, is this a bug?

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/3/2015 13:52:52 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 7
4/3/2015 15:10:52   
Drianx

quote:

We won't be sharing something that's not 100% set in stone, just to have it backfire afterwards - e.g. saying one thing, but the outcome ends up being different. Releases were promised in the past before, just to see them getting delayed last minute, thus players saying that the Devs lie.

Well, in the past it mattered more, but now you really shouldn't be afraid of disappointing the remaining 5 active ED forum users... wait, it's 4!
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/3/2015 16:16:56   
Ranloth
Banned

In case someone believes it, Rabble did not get married and it's not the big announcement. When the time is ready, it will be announced by one of the Devs.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
4/3/2015 17:09:01   
overdead

@^: Can't stop laughing with that. XD

What is the requirement for the added harcore mission in the bundorable chain?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
4/3/2015 17:36:45   
Ranloth
Banned

Finishing all the Missions before it - just like any other chain works. :)
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
4/3/2015 17:50:04   
Mother1

Is there going to be another part to this mission, or is part two the final part of the bunnies mission?
Epic  Post #: 12
4/3/2015 17:55:19   
overdead

LOL. I meant to ask what the mission objectives are. So after I finish the 600, what is the next objective? :P I must have phrased it incorrectly.

< Message edited by overdead -- 4/3/2015 17:56:21 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/3/2015 18:01:21   
Ranloth
Banned

Ooooh! xD Since the chain had enough PvP, I decided to add more Eggs into it - Nemesis and Omega to be specific. Five of each kind but Nemesis, which you only need one of, but with a catch - they drop from three different Bosses.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
4/3/2015 18:24:15   
Lord Machaar

Hardcore PVP missions, will be called hardcore for all and not for some when PVP is hard for all and not for some, when PVP is balanced for everyone, when everyone can use builds that get fast wins.

In fact, if devs have put thoughts into this, instead of presenting a dead-end way system, ranking system, they could've continued with leveling up system, each time a no-lifer cries about nothing to do, give him a 25k pvp mission, by then I swear no one will complain because everyone has same chance to complete the mission with the build he wishes.

Strenght builds aren't a new product of omega, they started with the game, but got promoted in omega, strenght builds were never friends with good win ratio, never had good defenses (def and res), weren't good at long lasting battles, the opposite of that is wwhat we see in omega, before omega, you should sacrifice with win ratio to get fast wins, now, you get fast wins and good win ratio, who will play other builds then? hardcore missions come to promote, last balance update and patchnotes promote, promos promote for these builds, ranks promote for these builds, I once heard ED team wanted to make battles last shorter, is this the solution you come up with, come up straight and lay it down, it's better than hiding it with fake patchnotes. What makes it worse, is these builds, starting from level 38, that's if you ask me why hardcore missions aren't hardcore for everyone.

I sense the irony of some players here:
Wants variety, but doesn't want to nerf strenght builds.
Wants the game to be fun and interesting, defends ranks. Sure having 60 ranks plus your enemy, and 2 levels (38 vs 40 r60), sure that's interesting.

Just by playing now, I met 9 players out of 10, using strenght builds, not any, strenght builds with very high strenght, why wouldn't he? everything in the game is now promoting for these type of builds, yet the irony of not only players, but devs, we want variety, variety comes with costs, shut the hell up next time when variety is brought up to the surface.
@Mister Rabblefroth, balance is made out of two things:
Knowledge of mathematics. https://twitter.com/Titan_EpicDuel/status/584008432950370304
Knowledge of the game you are balancing.
Anyone can learn how to use a program, and play lottery with it.

Peace.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/3/2015 19:13:24 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 15
4/3/2015 21:24:40   
One Winged Angel1357

Seeing as THIS thread doesn't leave much room for discussion what did everyone think about the Rabbits Return story?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
4/4/2015 5:29:29   
RageSoul

Wow , after a few years , i thought i would never see the aftermath of of the Rabbits again when the ship they're in failed to go outside the atmosphere of Delta V . I haven't finished all of the rest in the Part II though ( too lazy to 2v2 :P ) . However , I find the story the missions are being more "filler-inclined tasks feel" when Ulysses's speech in one of his missions ( along with one of Cottontail's ) just told you to go fight but doesn't seem to mention why ; he doesn't mention how he was actually busy at something , just "do this and go" for the sake of unlocking something .

Also , the rewards seem smaller compared to other Events . Could this be so the more demanding Mission Chain will be more appealing to finish instead ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/4/2015 6:20:25   
Ranloth
Banned

Some Events are bigger than others, and lock lower level players out - whilst there are some which are available to vast majority of players; this 2-Part Event was finished by players as low as L17. Sometimes it's just difficult to tie a Boss fight or something far more challenging, into a story - especially something like Lagomorphs. One of the reasons the Bundorable Chores was made, was because of that (exclusivity to higher level players, unlike other instances when side chains are for everyone and main story is partially locked). Brachylagus getting buffed was because of that too; gives a challenge for some, bonus achievement, etc.

Rest assured, the next Major Event we do (after this), will make up for this. No spoilers yet. :]
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
4/4/2015 9:07:18   
Silver Sky Magician

@OWA

Feels like the two chains could have been condensed significantly without losing much. I also agree with RageSoul - there could be a better justification for PvP in missions than 'go do this while you're waiting'. That's a more serious threat to the formation of any functional society in Delta V than the entire Legion-Exile war :P It would also be nice to move away from having almost the entire chain be about collecting parts - as RageSoul said, it gives the chain a filler-esque feel. Two to three missions should suffice.

Mmmm I can't honestly say that I enjoyed the latest release, though that's more due to an unlucky streak in PvP than the missions themselves. But I do feel that the bulk of this saga was in part 1, and there wasn't much to look forward to in part 2.
Post #: 19
4/4/2015 11:46:33   
One Winged Angel1357

This was definitely a filler event no hiding from that one. I hope we can avoid the rabbits for a few more years now and have bigger and better spring events but with this on timed so close to Easter it only made sense to follow up with our local rabbits even if that meant a really limited story.

spoiler:

The existing lore set up for the rabbits to attempt to leave again with all the information they needed to succeed; however, we can't have NPC's go rare otherwise the missions linked to them also have to go rare.

The good news is we got to use this filler event to test out the hardcore mission chain idea so I'd still say it was pretty successful
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
4/5/2015 8:24:39   
SouL Prisoner

So, where is JUGGERNAUT BALANCE??? Is anybody is even reading this?? Seriously! It's been forever waiting for Jugg balance. When are we getting that???
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
4/5/2015 8:53:09   
Vextur

@^ From staff's twitter

quote:

Remember guys, only because some things aren't mentioned (balance) doesn't mean we're not aware / not planning a fix. Example: Juggernaut.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
4/5/2015 9:21:03   
Ranloth
Banned

To add to that, since I had tweets following the above, the Legendary Mode changes need to be pushed first, since the fix for both is partially linked together.

I don't know the ETA for Juggernaut, but we're not ignoring it. Yes, no changes were made to it but lowering the level range for the Mode won't fix it - issues with it include EP meta, removal of passives making it a bit more difficult to play as Juggernaut, loss of P2W has also made an impact because Juggernauts used to face mostly F2P players, etc.
We are aware of suggestions such as giving Juggernaut an option to go twice (player1 - Juggernaut - player2 - Juggernaut, etc.) But is that enough? EP meta is still there which may make it difficult either way, because of the double drain from your opponents so on your 3rd turn (assuming you could go after each player), you'd likely have no EP already. So how exactly can it be fixed properly? We know the roots of the problem, but the solution that would cover them all and make Juggernaut playable again, is a bit more difficult to find.

I want Juggernaut to be fixed too, because it was a fun mode back in Delta, but I can't do anything about it - apart from saying that we're all aware of the issues, we are looking at the possible options to fix it, but there's no ETA for it. I'm just writing and trying to improve the communication between players and Devs (sort of like a middle man).
AQ Epic  Post #: 23
4/5/2015 9:44:02   
Lord Machaar

I think devs have gave up on this battle mode. They are struggling to balance 1vs1 and 2vs2, struggling to attract enough players. They don't have enough testers or the will to do massive moves to balance the game.
MQ Epic  Post #: 24
4/5/2015 10:24:15   
Mother1

@ Ranloth

I hope when you guys are thinking about things that you don't make it more of a blood bath for lower level opponents of the lower level juggernauts. While high level players have issues, lower levels are made punching bags due to lack of experience and points.

A stat spam build can wreak havoc on those low level opponents who face the juggernauts.

Personally I say you should up the min level for juggernauts to level 30 instead of 20 so the opponents who face them will have a better chance of winning while it still being balanced for the juggernaut.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= April 3rd, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.43 (Discussion)
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition