Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Balancing Solutions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Balancing Solutions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/9/2015 22:33:12   
Alphaeus

(I have been playing relatively consistently for 5 years, i.e. since just after Beta closed. I am also a jugg who has successfully been a chart top 4 regularly.)

So, you just got into a battle. You have your primary, your sidearm, and your aux (not talking bout the robot right here). You have good wepons, and you know how to use them. But what exactly IS that usage? Okay, you shoot your sidearm. Later you shoot your aux, maybe taking advantage of rage. You happen to be out of mana towards the end, so you strike. Yet, unless you use the random few active cores for sidearms, aux, and primary, (which require mana) your shots and strikes will always have the same result. To get anything different, you will have to either use a skill (which isnt REALLY involving much except MAYBE your primary), or use one of a few cores. Either way, mana is invovled. So here is my idea: Revamp the strike and shoot actions.
Now, I know that VEEEERRRRRRYYYY few fighters will agree on how to revamp them, so the resolution is thus -- create a simple 3 option customization for each action. That way, each player will have three choices of what exactly will happen when they strike, three choices for when they shoot their gun (cores aside), and three options for when they shoot their aux. All of these would be passive effects, toying around with the balance of damage, energy steal, hp steal, debuff, block-reduction, deflect-reduction, crits, etc. There would be not MAJOR effects, which should still be left to mana-consuming skills and cores, but these skills would allow a customization level for this game which it has not yet had.
An additional option is alotting one or two skills in each class skill tree that involve the sidearms or aux, instead of having primary requirements or no requirements at all. I have good wepons, and would like to actually use them for more than just what a single active core allows. (Imagine the CH massacre being for your aux -- think gatlin gun -- instead of wrist blades like BH).
Thirdly, I have to echo the words of many other players in saying BRING BACK THE PASSIVES!!!!!! That would also improve and vary what happens when your strike or shoot.

Just my thoughts on the matter, so tell me what you think.

< Message edited by Alphaeus -- 4/11/2015 14:09:12 >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Balancing Solutions
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition