Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= April 15th, 2015 - A Legendary Spring!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= April 15th, 2015 - A Legendary Spring!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/15/2015 16:42:36   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

April 15th, 2015
A Legendary Spring!
With all of the recent attention on our new project BioBeasts, we wanted to reassure players that all of the EpicDuel dev team, including Titan, Nightwraith, Charfade, and Rabblefroth will continue to actively work on EpicDuel. Here is our roadmap for EpicDuel’s direction over the next few months:

Legendary Improvements

Based on your suggestions, we’ve decided to fix a few commonly reported problems with the Legendary system. The Legendary system doesn’t offer any exclusive rewards, there aren’t enough ways to invest your Legendary points, and matches against a high ranking Legendary player can be heavily one-sided. We’re going to fix these problems with the following improvements:

Introduce NEW Tiered Legendary shops

Players will gain access to exclusive gear only available to Legendary players. The shops will be gated by your Legendary rank. There will be 3 tiers of Legendary shops unlocked at Legendary Ranks 1, 10, and 25. Reach the rank and you can shop at the shops, it’s pretty easy.

New item rarity category "Legendary" items
Currently, EpicDuel offers Normal Items, Seasonal-Rares, Limited-Rares, Rares, Ultra-Rares. The Legendary shops will sell exclusively Legendary items. When calculating inventory rarity scores, the new Legendary items will be worth as much as a typical Rare item.

Evolving Legend Achievement
Players will be rewarded even more for achieving greater Legendary ranks. Reach Legendary status and you’ll unlock this new achievement. Each time you achieve a new Legendary rank your achievement will increase in rating point value.

NEW matching changes Juggernaut and Legendary battles
Implementing an underdog mode to improve the quality of matchmaking and duels. More details on this to be announced.

NEW legend hangout area near Titan's Peak in Frysteland
This will be the location of the new tiered Legendary shops.

NEW categories to invest your Legendary Points:
  • Improve Medic
  • Core Energy Cost Reduction
  • Increased Damage to NPCs
  • Reduced Damage from NPCs

Wasteland War
The Wasteland War is set to launch Friday April 24. This will include a number of fixes to improve the War automation, allowing us to more easily setup war prizes and hide the cooldown until closer to the next war’s actual launch. This should help us avoid confusion as to the date of a war’s launch and prevent the issue of having to move a war date around to accommodate other releases or allow for more development time.

In the Wasteland, Legion and Exile players will vie for control of the Lawman’s not-so-secret weapons cache. Players on the offense will use transport drones to bypass The Lawman’s security measures and loot the cache. Defenders will thwart the drones by sabotaging them at their launch sites scattered throughout the Wasteland.
The best, victorious contenders in this war will receive an impressive mutating armor from Guest Artist Seth Juron!

BioSynergy
Because BioBeasts was inspired by the EpicDuel universe, we fully intend to cross-promote both games. Expect upcoming EpicDuel mission and storyline tie-ins that promote BioBeasts. Likewise, BioBeasts will reference and drive interest back to EpicDuel. So while we understand player frustration with the idea that our limited time will be split across 2 projects, our hope is that BioBeasts will increase interest in EpicDuel while simultaneously paving the road for larger scope future projects.

Returning Rares

How time flies when you're dueling your butt off! April is here and May is around the corner and that means some amazing seasonal rares are ready to populate the shops around Delta V! Most recently, merchants in the Biological Preserve has received stocks of Earth Day Seasonal Rares.

Coming up May 1st is a MASSIVE restock that should slake the appetite of the most warlike Epic-Duelists. That date will herald the return of the incredible Lionhart weapons, Dread weapons, and Leigon/Exile Battlegear!

• Legion/Exile Gear May 1
  • Lionhart Seasonal Rares
  • Dread Seasonal Rares

BioBeasts Promo Pack in EpicDuel
We saw quite a few people in the comments section of BioBeasts’ FAQ asking about a possible EpicDuel Promotional Pack celebrating the launch of our mobile game. We love this idea so we’re running with it. You can expect a BioBeasts-themed EpicDuel Promo Pack to premiere around the launch of BioBeasts.

Guest Artist Showcases

Our Guest Artist Team has been crucial to building the best releases possible for EpicDuel so we’d like to show our appreciation for all their hard work...by making them work even harder! Mwahahaha *cough* I kid! I kid! This Spring and Summer, we’d like to highlight our Guest Artists by giving them their very own showcase shops packed with iconic items that represent each artist’s individual style and personality! You may even be able to duel their NPC avatars in game for a real challenge!
The following are tentative dates for the upcoming showcase shops:
  • Deuce May 22nd
  • Bidoof June 12th
  • Seth Juron June 26th

Dragon's Reckoning 2

You thought it was time to count Dravax the Harbinger out for good? That his precious “master” was off eating planets in some far-flung corner of EpicDuel’s Universe? You would be wrong! Ranloth is crafting a continuation of the Dragonoid Saga to place players in an epic confrontation against a revived Dragonoid menace! Even though this event is planned for late Summer, we’re already stockpiling content to make this event one of the most epic yet!

Tags: Nightwraith

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 4/15/2015 16:43:58 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/15/2015 16:47:35   
Lord Machaar

quote:

and matches against a high ranking Legendary player can be heavily one-sided. We’re going to fix these problems with the following improvements:

quote:

Implementing an underdog mode to improve the quality of matchmaking and duels. More details on this to be announced.

This is called isolating high rank players, except if this underdog mode is bringing something new, because with the low player base, there is no chance to make mode to make battle even more fair except if this only included level 38s/39s.

quote:

Improve Medic
Core Energy Cost Reduction
Increased Damage to NPCs
Reduced Damage from NPCs

Oh great a buff, so now rank 60 str players can invest their wasted 20 legendary points on bot damage and aux damage, so now they can be using these legendary points in improving their heal and reducing the energy of their cores. Beautiful. Because strenght builds weren't so OP on rank 20 - 50, let's make them OP at all rank ranges.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/15/2015 16:49:47 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
4/15/2015 16:54:29   
Ranloth
Banned

Underdog mode is NOT a new PvP mode, just to clear that up. The changes will cover the Legendary Mode, and those who face the Legendary players - I mentioned it in the Livestream earlier. Cannot share details just yet, but the same fix used for Legendary Mode, can be used for the Juggernaut.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
4/15/2015 16:56:11   
Lord Machaar

quote:

The changes will cover the Legendary Mode, and those who face the Legendary players.

Legendary players, you mean players having rank 1 - 60 ? And those who face them are level 38s/39s, that's the fix? So rank 1 is also considered as a high ranked player with super powers?
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
4/15/2015 16:58:51   
Rayman
Banned

quote:

Improve Medic
Core Energy Cost Reduction

OK now the Focus 5 Rank 80 will be way stronger now and of course a Rank 50 str build will work way better now.

quote:

Probably this is the best thing but there are no details yet so...

And When is this coming?

< Message edited by Rayman -- 4/15/2015 16:59:58 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/15/2015 17:00:10   
Squrwogrona

Gotta ask why legendary points against NPC's, though field medic sounds really crazy now. Almost like the old days when medic improved with supp.

And cheaper cores gotta make str op even more, whilst every other build doesn't benefit as much from that...if this goes ingame, 90% players str will become 99% and 1% masochists.

But whatever, I don't mind at all facing str tac/bm with the same build over and over (sarcasm)

I was kinda hoping focus 6 would be announced, to have some hard alternative against str spam.

< Message edited by Squrwogrona -- 4/15/2015 17:04:40 >
Epic  Post #: 6
4/15/2015 17:00:36   
Ranloth
Banned

Legendary players = anyone who's L40. Those facing Legendary players = L38+, and those who are higher Rank than yourself. The fix does cover the issue, and as much as I'd like to say how it'll work exactly, I cannot. Final numbers are still being finalised, and then need to be tested - so I don't want to say something that may not happen / be different to what I said / etc.
This does cover issues such as:
quote:

OK now the Focus 5 Rank 80 will be way stronger now and of course a Rank 50 str build will work way better now.
So as much as it may imbalance them, we have a way to not make it as bad as it seems. But as I said, details cannot be shared just yet.

The changes aren't too far away, and the DNs cover all the plans for the Summer - not in detail, since we will have releases in-between. So expect it sometime... in the future? We have an ETA, but it's not 100% set in stone, so y'know.

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 4/15/2015 17:04:17 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
4/15/2015 17:07:03   
Lord Machaar

Oh and I thought these changes are coming in the upcoming weeks, so basically we are looking at a road map of 2 years? I thought this is a road map for 2 months.
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
4/16/2015 2:55:20   
RageSoul

I feel that just limiting the amount of categories one can max out would at least even out the already problematic Legendary Ranks into a bearable level . Remember when people complained about Release TLM being slightly OPed for being overloaded with other classes' abilities that synergize with each other ? Maybe if we give limits so the problem of overloaded power would be fixed since the bonuses don't grant drawbacks unlike abilities .
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/16/2015 3:02:09   
Ranloth
Banned

Since NW posted this in BioBeasts FAQ:
quote:

If you're referring to ED, the next war is scheduled for next week while the Legend Revamp is scheduled for May 8th, plus all the many returning seasonal rares. Artist showcases will also roll out throughout Spring and Summer. There should be plenty to do in EpicDuel while development for BioBeasts continues.

So three weeks on Friday. Artist showcases will include more weapons, yes, but also Missions to go with their shops and NPCs, so we end up releasing a little bit of each + more NPCs to farm, for those who do. There are also other Missions we have written between Winter Event and now, which are yet to be released, so we have enough content for the next couple of months - and we can now focus more on balance, such as what's mentioned in the DNs; especially Juggernaut!
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
4/16/2015 4:06:27   
nowras

I want an explanation.... are the legendary mode points (bot damage gun damage etc..) going to be removed or reduced or what?
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/16/2015 4:47:37   
Ranloth
Banned

Nothing is being removed. This is just more categories being added. I can't address whether the values will be changed or left the same, since it's still in testing - it's not final, so would rather avoid giving out wrong information.

Typo game is strong with this one...

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 4/16/2015 12:50:31 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
4/16/2015 5:02:26   
Darkwing

Don't know what 'underdog mode is' but in some games they used to give bonus damage,health,stats to the underdog. Hope it's something like that.
Post #: 13
4/16/2015 7:22:57   
Silver Sky Magician

Everyone may be talking about Medic, but the real shake-up is the core energy reduction. No longer can you lean back, confident that your opponent has insufficient energy to pull a last-minute Hawk Guardian or Yeti Fury. This change promises to shake up EpicDuel and introduce an exciting element of unpredictability to a metagame used to rote builds.

It's difficult to judge if the upcoming balance changes will fully address the problem, but the information provided so far is promising. Legendary Ranks may help enhance instead of diminish build variety, and features non-battle benefits in addition to in-battle ones, suggestions that players have been making for a long time. The non-battle benefits can also soften the blow of any nerfs to the in-battle benefits. The patch is scheduled three weeks from now, a relatively short time after the BioBeast launch announcement. That should put to rest any concerns about the devs' commitment to EpicDuel. Again, it's too early to celebrate, but I think this piece of news definitely inspires optimism.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 4/16/2015 7:25:51 >
Post #: 14
4/16/2015 8:07:13   
King Bling

I think they will remove the +30 and +40 and give that healing and npc and energy buff because both together will get op which they dont intend too, well the low rankers won the fight, the high rankers who spend their time, money , effort at last get nothing but this bs, deal with it or leave the game which is easier, getting hanged to it though, will leave fully if this gets implemented.
Post #: 15
4/16/2015 8:55:52   
.Lord Ginger.

quote:

It's basically unstoppable right now. :3
@King Bling
quote:

Ranloth:
Nothing is being removed. This is just more categories being added. I can't address whether the values will be removed or left the safe, since it's still in testing - it's not final, so would rather avoid giving out wrong information.

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 4/16/2015 9:01:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
4/16/2015 11:49:40   
Lord Machaar

The DNs are pretty vague mentioning a buff to ranking system by giving high rank players and especially strenght builds more options to enhance their build, basically any strenght build user knows that you can pull off a strenght build with its full potentials at rank 30 - 40 (10 legendary points def/resis and 10 legendary poiints primary/sidearm damage), which means a rank 30 str user is just like a rank 60 str build user, on top of that, rank 60 str build user wastes 20 legendary points on auxilliary and robot damage, so basically giving these players another 2 options (increasing field medic and decreasing energy needed for cores) will put these 20 legendary points in use means a direct buff to strenght builds from rank 40 to 60. Which means a rank 30 str build user no longer has same potentials as a rank 60 str build user (Best example is tank builds for now, a rank 30 tank build user is far less powerful then a rank 60 tank build user).

quote:

I think this is not right. They will maintain 60 ranks cap, but instead they will add more possibilities to spend your legendary points on, so tank build will remain the same at rank 60, the build which is getting a buff here is strenght build, because frankly its the one that you have wasted legendary points, if you are using it after rank 40, because the last 20 legendary points will be used on aux/bot damage which adds nothing to strenght builds, by adding 2 new options, str builds will spend these 20 legendary points on something (field medic and core energy reduction) which will make these builds OP and popular from ranks ranging from 20 to 60.
These new options that they will add will only increase variety in tank builds (Not making them more OP), e.g if you are a rank 60 tank build user, you might use 10 legendary points on field medic instead of using it on your sidearm damage and so on. And that's called variety.

Till here, we see a buff to strenght builds ( from rank 40 - 60 ), as for players who are using these builds from rank 20 - 40 will receive nothing, since they will still have to use their legendary points on def/resis and primary damage, we also see adding variety to tank builds from rank 40+., and a new cheevo/items/hanging area which is great and very exciting for anyone wishing to rank up, But, the question is, this is all beautiful, we were asking for a nerf for high rank players, now we see a buff, but that's okay, since I think they planned a fix,but where is the fix? what is the fix after buffing high rank players and doing the opposite of what we asked for? This will go in vain if the game remains imbalanced.

quote:

This is vague, I can't judge it because it's not detailed, but I'm telling you, it's a bad idea, since improving the quality of matchmaking always means isolating players with different ranks/levels (best example level 35 - 36 - 37 don't face level 40s anymore, good for players for level 35s36s37s, but pretty bad for rank level 40s who will be isolated, and even more worse, forced to face players 60 ranks more than them), and since there aren't many players, some rank ranges will be isolated (40+).

I hope this underdog mode isn't based on this classic idea, and something innovative is brought up to the surface.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/16/2015 12:45:08 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
4/16/2015 14:20:27   
nowras

kk ill nolife till i get rank 80 then ill gg ya all :P im 64 atm
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
4/16/2015 14:36:47   
Ranloth
Banned

There will be no cap on Points you can spend on Ranks. So by Rank 100, you will be able to max out all 10 categories - just like you can now with six, at Rank 60. For PvP related bonuses, Rank 80.

The EP cost reduction on cores is still up for debate - it will come down to balancing, whether it'll be possible to balance it and make it worth investing into, or swap with a different effect which could work better - whether it's balance, variety, or both. We thought sharing the details will work better, before the changes are made in May, so we can see feedback on it and possibly swap for a different effect.
AQ Epic  Post #: 19
4/16/2015 15:27:45   
Lord Machaar

Are you kidding me? Is this for real? This underdog mode HAS to be something epic otherwise leaving a rank 1 to face a rank 80 with same logic you have now, I'm out, totally out. I hope this underdog mode is something, because what I see now is a buff to high rank players which is the opposite of what we asked for, and probably they will consider rank 1 = rank 80 giving rank 1 a 0 more rewards nor advantage, so this underdog mode has to be something, it seems like biobeasts is consuming a lot of time, time that could have been used to fix legendary ranks correctly.

Plus we already stated that base energy is pretty high giving stat abusing builds enough energy to use their OP skills without wasting 1 level up stat on energy, so the solution is reducing the energy needed to use cores, epic, just epic.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/16/2015 15:33:04 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 20
4/16/2015 15:34:57   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

it seems like biobeasts is consuming a lot of time, time that could have been used to fix legendary ranks correctly

Hence why you don't jump to conclusions, before all the details are announced. After personally saying on the Forums, in the Livestream, and DNs mentioning Legendary players imbalance (when facing high Rank players especially) - the complete opposite isn't going to be done.

quote:

so the solution is reducing the energy needed to use cores, epic, just epic.

Once again, I said just above your post, that it's still up for debate.

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 4/16/2015 15:38:18 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
4/16/2015 15:40:10   
Lord Machaar

I will wait for details, and as I mentioned before I won't judge this because it's not detailed but the idea is pretty bad already, after 5 years playing this game, I'm pretty much aware of what I'm saying right now, because this isn't the first time.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/16/2015 16:01:23 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
4/16/2015 17:47:42   
romanu

I think it would be better if they would tell players first what how they would balance legendary ranks, ask them how they feel about it, rather the make the change and ask after that.

Legendary ranks made one of the biggest inbalance in the game next to enhancements.

We don't know if this change would be good or not, but past shows us they made some poor choises.
Post #: 23
4/16/2015 19:13:04   
nowras

What should happen is....

IF u guys FIND A SOLUTION to the JUGGERNAUT battle mode people are going to move to jugg and in jugg there's no one u will face with ranks that are higher than urs that means u will find another way to rank up without fighting high ranked players

If u want my suggestions for jugg battle mode here are they:
1- Their cores are disabled (they cant use cores) only the juggernaut can use them(The Juggernaut is not affected by this ONLY THE PLAYERS who are VSING HIM are affected)

2- Energy drain skills only drain 60% of the normal energy they drain (The Juggernaut is not affected by this ONLY THE PLAYERS who are VSING HIM are affected)

3- Healing skills only heal 70% (The Juggernaut is not affected by this ONLY THE PLAYERS who are VSING HIM are affected)

4- They can't stun

5- they deal 10% less damage

so they should make something like Diamond Skull Card for lvl 30+ players and make it cost like 50k credits but it only unlocks the 1st and 5th suggestions from the suggestions
i mentioned up there
and when reaching lvl 40 u can buy a Legendary Skull Card from the legendary shop with 50k and it unlocks the 4th suggestion (let me call them effects) then when
u reach rank 10 u will be able to buy the Gold Legendary Skull Card (75k credits)and it unlocks the 2nd effect then when u reach rank 25 u will be able to unlock the last
effect by buying the Diamond Legendary Skull Card (100k crdits)

< Message edited by nowras -- 4/16/2015 19:41:27 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/16/2015 19:22:15   
Mother1

@ Nowras

Even with this idea it still doesn't fix Juggernaut as a whole. level 39's and lower who struggle will still have issues with the battle mode.

Personally if Juggernaut is to be fixed the problems that the staff brought upon the game when they tried to balance it need to be fixed first because every one of those balance changes broke Juggernaut indirectly. Especially with the passive to active update.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 4/16/2015 19:23:03 >
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= April 15th, 2015 - A Legendary Spring!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition