Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Infernal android power error

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Infernal android power error
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/19/2015 2:57:40   
Mother1

With the last robot balance update IIRC rabble changed the numbers of all the robots base power to make a standard.

Now this is all well and good, however Rabble made an error with the infernal android.

IIRC he buff the base power of this robot but nerfed it's special by 5% to "keep it on par with previous values"

quote:

Infernal Android will still gain 5% damage per round, but will max out at 125% damage. This keeps the damage roughly on par with previous values.

However here is where the error lies.

the infernal android's base damage originally was 140 damage, with the special max out doing 130% damage.

Now times this 140 X 1.3 = and base damage at it's lowest without bonus = 182

Now for the next part with the new numbers

Infernal android gets a 30 damage base increase but in exchange it's special gets a 5% nerf.

Now lets time 170 X 1.25 = 212.5 at it's base with the special maxed out

Before 182
After 212.5

Ok last I checked 182 =/= 212.5

In fact the infernal android special got a 30.5 damage buff which is a full 30 or 31 if rounded up extra damage.

In fact in order for it to be roughly around the same value the special of the laser would need to be changed from 125% max to 107% max

which if you to the math

170 X 1.07 = 181.9

which is .1 percent less but would be more accurate seeing as the original base with the laser at max power was 182, and with a nerf to the laser by 18 of the 125% you get rough the same number.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 4/19/2015 2:58:58 >
Epic  Post #: 1
4/19/2015 3:45:05   
RageSoul

I'd say the damage of both Infernal Overload and the regular Impaler attack should have different damage values so either one of the attacks won't affected when calculations are brought .

BTW , no offense to Rabble , but basing on numbers alone is too shallow for balancing functionality . At least changing the other effects of other bots would be a better compensation for lack of the others' numbers ( i.e Assault Bots do , let's say , 150 base damage but Cleanse does additional effects like damage % reduction for 1 turn ) .

Edit : @Mother1 : Are you requesting a nerf?

< Message edited by RageSoul -- 4/19/2015 3:46:46 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/19/2015 5:53:28   
Ranloth
Banned

You have to multiply the total damage, not just the Base values. Let's use some examples:

400 * 1.3 = 520
420 * 1.25 = 525 (since the Base value was buffed by 20, compared to above)

500 * 1.3 = 650
520 * 1.25 = 650

550 * 1.3 = 715
570 * 1.25 = 712.5

Edited the post due to the below. Since high Tech Focus 5 builds often get around 580 Base damage for IA, even more so with Legendary Ranks, it will be a minor nerf for them. Otherwise around 520 damage, the damage is the same, and a very minor buff under that.

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 4/19/2015 9:29:39 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
4/19/2015 9:25:39   
King Bling

the previous base damage of ia was 150 not 140 so its 150x1.3 not much difference
Post #: 4
4/19/2015 10:07:10   
Lord Machaar

I have a simple question about IA's special, does it gain 5% each round starting from first round or starting from the round after it is ready to be used? First one means the special will be ready at 5th turn with 125% damage, and second means it will be maxed out at 8th turn.

On topic, I thin IA and other bots who work with 5 focus to get buffed, such bots aren't usable with strenght builds like blood hawk for example, therefore I think IA's soecial should remain the same along with a buff to other bots such as gamma bot who are only used with 5 focus builds, and maybe a buff to normal atacks of bots who work with their different builds.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/19/2015 10:17:26 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 5
4/19/2015 10:12:19   
Ranloth
Banned

It has a warmup of 3 turns, and it starts at 85%. Once the warmup is over, which is your third turn, the special deals 100% damage - so it maxes out on 8th turn. It used to be 9th turn at 130% so in a way, it did get a small buff by maxing out its damage a turn early.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
4/19/2015 10:16:30   
romanu

When 90% of the 5 focus builds I see use this bot, you know something is wrong.The other 10% use that bot that counters strength builds, since that's another problem of the game.

With rage, I did close to 600 damage on my good res.

I think this bot needs a look. It's a shame the game has many bots, but you don't seem them in battle because you guys make some specials too strong and too good.

Post #: 7
4/19/2015 10:25:06   
Lord Machaar

^ Something to remember is, this bot is only used with 5 focus builds, this is something that should be considered.
Unlike blood hawk for example, if you buff its special, you will buff other builds with it who are already OP at the moment, strenght builds for example.
IA is currently the only bot that can encounter strenght builds alongside Kartherax, so I believe other bots who are only used with 5 focus should get a buff for their both attacks (normal and special), gamma for example, and other bots who work with all builds, should get a buff for their normal attack only, blood hawk for example, this way only you buff only 5 focus without buffing other builds such as strenght if you buff the special of blood hawk.
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
4/21/2015 11:41:29   
King Bling

true, very true machaar, idk why ppl consider IA op, when its base damage is increased by just +20, even b4 the buff I used it, and it did almost same damage, there not a wide change in IA, when kartherax has +190 base no one considered it op, then why IA, you cannot balance bots, diff bots are used for diff builds, and ppl are using the f5 so its the infernal, unless someone thinks diff and uses diff build with diff bot
Post #: 9
4/21/2015 12:01:11   
shadow.bane

infernal starts at 85 % damage , it warms up till round 4 to be usable and also gain the 5 % each round so when it allows u to use it it do the original 100 % and it maxed out at round 8 due to personal experience .

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Infernal android power error
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition