Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A New War for a New World

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> A New War for a New World
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/19/2015 23:33:35   
VanitySixx

This same war has become a bit of a drag. I've spoken to many players about the current state of the war system, and I had not one approval. So it's time for EpicDuel to start fresh and start attracting players.

The new war system I have in mind would be global (in EpicDuel) instead of regional. There will be one flag placed in each region on the map. Players will have to fight at these locations to earn War Points (WP). WP will be used at local shops to buy war related items such as temporary cores, new weapons, and Influence badges.

The flags will fall under two categories once clicked on. One category will show the top 5 contributers, while the other option will show Exile's influence and Legion's influence. To keep things simple, each flag under control will give off 10 Points an hour. These wars should be every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and at the conclusion of Sunday the alignment with the most points win the war.

To keep things even more simple, let's cut down on how exclusive the war prizes are. Give the winners of the war a Power Week (2x XP) for Monday through Thursday. If a person was the top contributer for their alignment, they should get 10,000 Credits and two Arcade Tokens as a prize. The other top 4 contributors to the winning alignment will get 5,000 Credits and one arcade token. The losing alignment will gain nothing.

To keep things fair, when an alignment is leading a flag's Influence over 50% of their enemies WP, the leading alignment will get a "System Overflowed" message and that flag will be unable to add influence for one hour.

In order to win, players must use their WP to purchase Influence Badges. These badges replace those laggy bombs and they are the main source of influence for alignments. WP will not be able to be purchased. It must be earned through fighting at a flag zone. However, Influence Badges can be purchased with varium, but there will only be a limited supply. The supply will not be able to be restocked, so varium spammers will be able to help out, but the real meat of the war is actually battling. WP will not be able to be purchased using varium because as I said earlier, players can get weapons and other related war items with WP. Influence will also be transferred to personal and faction influence pages.

When applying influence badges to a flag, the player clicks the flag, then clicks their Influence Badge, then clicks "Apply" and the transaction will be finished. Influence badge's amount of influence can be decided by the Devs, however, there should be 3 different badges for 3 different WP prices.

However, varium can be used to give your entire alignment a boost, which boosts your own Influence without the need of influence badges. The boost to the alignment would be lowered prices on WP items by half for one hour for fighting at the correct flag zone. Once the boost is applied, it cannot be stacked and their will be no option to boost in that area until the hour is complete. Something like this should cost around 5,000+ varium, but in return, the player gets a hefty boost in influence after buying the alignment boost. THIS CAN ONLY BE APPLIED ONCE A DAY IN EACH REGION!

Once the flags give off 10 points an hour and the winners are rewarded at Sunday's reset to Monday, the war is over and ED players can do whatever.

This will spice up the game every weekend, and ED will see some major competition between factions in each alignment.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/20/2015 0:37:59   
Mother1

While the idea seems cool the whole no rewards for the losing side will not fly well with the masses. Players complained when their work wasn't getting recongized and as a result of this the players on the losing side just rolled over and played dead.

That was why the staff made it so that win or lose you get rewarded for you hard work but the losing side doesn't get the war prize.
Epic  Post #: 2
4/20/2015 15:53:53   
VanitySixx

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't like "no rewards for losers" either. I should have omitted that part.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> A New War for a New World
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition