Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

2 Solutions to Legendary Ranks "Problem"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> 2 Solutions to Legendary Ranks "Problem"
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/22/2015 10:30:00   
The berserker killer

Well the problem isn't necessarily Legendary Ranks, its the matching System. Im hearing the same thing over and over again that:

1) We can't remove legendary mode
2) It's like enhancements all over
3) Low ranksers don't stand a chance

So I offer 2 simple solutions towards taking the first step in making Epic Duel Epic again.

First Solution:

Limit the Matchup System to 15 Ranks and remove the 5 match cap versus the same player.

For all of you who didn't know, there is a system set in place so that players don't fight the same opponent 20 times in one hour. This system will allow up to 5 rematches with a particular opponent before excluding him/her from your list of viable opponents.

Effect on the game
1) The only people who will feel a challenge from this system will be anyone under rank 65 after the Legendary System is updated (which will be the majority of all players).
2) The match-making time will not decrease because the 5 rematch cap will have been removed. Therefore allowing you to face an enemy multiple times. This may be good or bad (depending on the situation) however given the fact that the person you will be fighting is capped at only 15 ranks higher than you, you will undoubtedly have a more even playing field as opposed to the current system now ( which allows you to fight someone 50 ranks higher than you).
3) Matches should be far more even.

so on so forth. If you find a negative effect this will have on the game just comment it below. If you are right, I will delete this portion of the thread.

Second Solution:

Allow the Legendary System to only affect NPCS and merely be a part of the Leveling up Process. This means that Players can level up to level 100. (Example: If you are rank 60 and this release went live, you will be level 100. You will be forced to retrain and your Legendary Ranks will only affect NPCS. You will no longer level up, however you will "rank Up" up to 40 times. Now, granted this will be a huge release, I think this will be exciting and extremely fitting for the development of EpicDuel.

Effect on the game
1) Open up a doorway to more NPCS being fightable
2) Would be an epic release, bigger numbers in both damage, shields, and general database, epic variety.
3) Players would finally have enough stats to utilize the full potential of classes.
4) Stat requirements can be increased on Skills, allowing you more lee-way to balance the game.
5) This would just be awesome.

Now should this be the popular decision I only ask that players get up to 30 more OPTIONAL Skill Points to invest in the skill tree. By Optional I mean that players don't really have to use them

so on so forth.

Well once again, tell me what you think and try to stay on topic. Ill just ask for this thread to be locked should we get off topic and disrespectful.

Thank you.

Please refrain from using font size over 3. Any larger and it is considered spam.
For more information, please read the
=AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior > Do Not Spam. ~Caststarter

< Message edited by Caststarter -- 4/22/2015 14:55:20 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
4/22/2015 11:53:40   
shadow.bane

first solution is okay i support it but the fighting cap of one person shouldn't be unlimited should be capped to 10 times or 15 if needed not more . second solution is way another thinking . will give huge stats and would be something uncontrollable not supporting solution 2 .

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/22/2015 23:45:32   
RageSoul

Or just limit the stat categories one can access . Currently , Legendary Ranks pretty much stagnate the variety of builds due to you being able to access to all categories ( same bonuses ) , hence you ended up having the same looking builds ( No variety . At all ) .
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> 2 Solutions to Legendary Ranks "Problem"
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition