Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 155 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 155 - Read the first post!
Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/7/2015 23:11:03   
Gorillo Titan

Someone inbox kiyone about the idea of a team based tournament everyone duels everyone each win counts as a point two wins in a row 2 point lose 0 point winning team has the most points.
Post #: 126
5/7/2015 23:26:38   
Elite Tuga

Chaos is most likely to be post-poned as she told me before (due to lack of characters), and she's trying to come up with something else with maybe the help of Mritha. We could always give her ideas as she's open to them and when she's ready she will notify us about any upcoming Tournament.
Epic  Post #: 127
5/7/2015 23:29:26   
Gorillo Titan

tournament should happen this month I informed kiyone and mritha of the 3 way war on the forum no response yet.
Post #: 128
5/7/2015 23:40:36   
DarkBlazer49

@ Tuga the Arch-Angel aka Chaos Drakath. I offer my services in the war and shall train till then.

Voice of Fate, Founder, Void Rebirth and until I defeat Nulgath's Shadow, Master of the Voids: I am neither mortal nor immortal but if you excuse the "puns" an Elite, a Titan, and a Phoenix as we all are. Nothing more and nothing less... The Transcendent
AQ AQW  Post #: 129
5/7/2015 23:42:39   
The Jop

There is no war.

I could proclaim myself ruler of the galaxy, but that doesn't make it true.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 5/7/2015 23:43:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 130
5/7/2015 23:53:33   
Gorillo Titan

@jop you're a weird fellow my dude.
Post #: 131
5/8/2015 0:51:37   
  Kiyone

quote:

Someone inbox kiyone about the idea of a team based tournament everyone duels everyone each win counts as a point two wins in a row 2 point lose 0 point winning team has the most points.

Ok. For that idea we would have to determine how big the teams would be. Range would be 2-4 Players per team. What would be allowed character wise. Like each team has to register 1 master of 8 of the 9 elements(no chaos for this). Where the teams can only used masters from their character pull. For fights teams would send a representative of their team to face their opponent team in which can only use one of their eight characters to fight. Where afterwards that character is no longer available to them. Where will see who get the most points based off home many rounds we decide on with who signs up. Would be the set up I would think we would if we try something like that.

For the next tourney I'm still doing some character testing with it. Waiting for feedback on one of the people I ask for balancing issues to get back to me on. Lastly figure out a set up for google document spreadsheet.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 132
5/8/2015 9:00:44   
Gorillo Titan

Just to make sure each team would pick 8 characters they could use one from each element then we would only be allowed to use those characters for are team then after that each match done with one of them eliminates a character from are pool? I like it seems like a relay when you put people at the position they work best at.

So which tournament are we doing next?
Post #: 133
5/8/2015 9:42:00   
Ahsan the legend

Hi guys i am new to this page i guess some of my friends know me here so i will be posting too!
Post #: 134
5/8/2015 10:14:19   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The idea of working in teams sounds fun, assuming we can get enough people involved. I'd say no more than 2 people per team because this community is so small. Once we get though this next tournament, we can focus on deciding what comes after and how to implement it.

quote:

So which tournament are we doing next?

Duel elements. Kiyone and his helper are hard at work figuring out the details, which characters can be used and which cards can't, etc.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 135
5/8/2015 10:22:07   
Gorillo Titan

@mritha since we are doing dual can we get confirmation on if chaos flux will count bandit drakath as dual element?

New bug with chaos drakath charged made me skip two turns then it went from 14 - 20 was fighting a flesh void so I know I didn't get hit with freeze.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 5/8/2015 11:34:14 >
Post #: 136
5/8/2015 12:02:11   
Elite Tuga

quote:

@ Tuga the Arch-Angel aka Chaos Drakath. I offer my services in the war and shall train till then.

I summon you white wings of the 'Arch-Angel'.

quote:

There is no war.
I could proclaim myself ruler of the galaxy, but that doesn't make it true.

Obviously there is no official war as of now "Mr Party Pooper".

@ Kiyone and Mritha

I'm really glad you two can continue to help making OS as fun as possible despite the small community.
I am looking forward to the 'Team Tournament' and the future 'Dual Tournament'. Just hope the restrictions will be well thought out and manageable.

Epic  Post #: 137
5/8/2015 12:05:26   
DarkLore

No os release today. Artix.com proves that. I move into my new apartment today. Best early mothersr day gift I could ever give my mom.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 138
5/8/2015 12:09:10   
Gorillo Titan

It makes sense for the release to be two weeks you have 2 weeks to do 1212 fights.

So how many team? 3 or 4 people per team?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 5/8/2015 12:10:33 >
Post #: 139
5/8/2015 12:52:23   
Subon

@Dark lord

Well that definitelly sucks. Getting by-weekly releases is pretty bad, but getting by weekly releases that include one character such as flying eye is super bad.

< Message edited by Subon -- 5/8/2015 12:55:15 >
Post #: 140
5/8/2015 13:08:35   
R.chime

question for kiyone's idea of 1 character per element, are character's elements in this case determined by its primary element(ex mana guardian=fire), or would we in mana guardian's case count him as fire or energy
Post #: 141
5/8/2015 13:23:47   
Gorillo Titan

The next release will bring the rest of easter stuff maybe new easter stuff bunny rank up and maybe legendary eye.

Nulgath most likely came up with characters last year he didn't have time to release or at least he should of since easter was delayed so much it wouldn't make sense for him to have at least came up with at least one character during that.

@R mana is considered fire its based on the element he falls under on the character list.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 5/8/2015 13:24:19 >
Post #: 142
5/8/2015 13:34:14   
Subon

Fire Shinobi when tho?
Post #: 143
5/8/2015 13:41:16   
Gorillo Titan

lol, when nulgath gets bored.

I forget about that character in all seriousness I think of its as just a fire version of water dynasty and no one even remembers that character.
Post #: 144
5/8/2015 14:00:31   
Elite Tuga

quote:

Like each team has to register 1 master of 8 of the 9 elements(no chaos for this). Where the teams can only used masters from their character pull.

I hope we can use Legendary rank character(s) as choices, I don't have many Master rank variety.
Epic  Post #: 145
5/8/2015 15:15:27   
  Kiyone

quote:

@mritha since we are doing dual can we get confirmation on if chaos flux will count bandit drakath as dual element?

*Kiyone paints herself purple to answer this*
With Bandit Drakath and Chaos Flux, for dual tournmaent he will not be allowed. I'm keeping tournamanent to characters that can generate at least a second element energy source by a card. So its characters who can use Energize, Neutralize, and Fresh Start card as a second energy source. Where if it doesn't match their primary element(so no neutral characters who just use Neutralize). Since Chaos Flux is more play a card for free. People can just play the character as pure shadow with a free play every so often and with no chaos custom cards. He doesn't really feel like a dual elelemntal character. Plus if I allowed him. That means I would have to allow any character who has 2 different elemental card types. Even if its just one empower. By keeping it to characters who generate energy by cards keeps it simple and make sures every will have to address the issue of how do I approach the second elemental cards in my deck which require do I use energy card to charge them?

quote:

So how many team? 3 or 4 people per team?

Its still a little early to say. Since the team tourney idea is still being work on. Most likely its going to be two per team. It really will depend on how many people we seen in the dual tourney. If we can justify 3 or 4 people per team we can try.

quote:

question for kiyone's idea of 1 character per element, are character's elements in this case determined by its primary element(ex mana guardian=fire), or would we in mana guardian's case count him as fire or energy

It would be their Primary element. So in mana Guadian would be consider fire for that idea.

quote:

I hope we can use Legendary rank character(s) as choices, I don't have many Master rank variety.

Well I said master characters for it to be fair for everyone. Given its easier for everyone to have/get a master rank character. I wouldn't be against legend characters for team tourney idea. Where each team member can choose one legend character instead of master for one of their elements. So it would be like if ya have 2 man team. The team would have 6 masters and 2 legends for your character pull.

quote:

I am looking forward to the 'Team Tournament' and the future 'Dual Tournament'. Just hope the restrictions will be well thought out and manageable.

I'm making sure the restriction will be well thought out and manageable for everyone.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 146
5/8/2015 20:13:57   
The Finnish Phoenix

Thank you Kiyone! Sometimes it can be difficult/impossible to have guidelines everyone likes but the thought and work you're putting into making these tournaments/events as cohesive as possible for the community and making them possible is very much appreciated!

quote:

I nominate TFP for the third side in the war and volunteer to join his side.

I nominate The Jop for the third side in the war and volunteer to join his side.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 147
5/8/2015 23:13:50   
R.chime

well for the team tourney, we need an even number of sides(currently 3) are some other ppl going to declare a side(if need be kiyone can take side #4 I suppose), It'd be nice to get some other forum ppl involved

-as for our character pools(when we get that far), do we post them on the forum?

< Message edited by R.chime -- 5/8/2015 23:15:32 >
Post #: 148
5/8/2015 23:18:21   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Nice to know that the next tourney is coming along pretty well.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 149
5/9/2015 1:07:13   
Elite Tuga

I think thats a hard task to get 1 per element, as usually for Tourneys it's recommended to max out the level of a character one is going to use for the competition to increase their victory probability. I might just stick to a few, we don't have to get/use 1 per element anyway, lol. Dam, just re-read carefully Kiyone's old post and yeah I guess I need to farm a lot as I need to make a 8 char pool, since we can only use a character once.

I'm glad we still have a few great OS Staff, they are keeping the game alive and we thank-you them.

< Message edited by Elite Tuga -- 5/9/2015 1:19:32 >
Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 155 - Read the first post!
Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition