Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 29 of 30«<2627282930>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/1/2015 18:40:56   
Ash

quote:

Locking Fleshweaver to Ice doesn't make sense. Roirr ate Vaal's soul companion, who was attuned to Fire, and was able to use use the Evil element in combat. If anything should have been bound to a certain element it should have been SoulWeaver, since we are bonded with our icy soul ally. Fleshweaver has serious potential to become a major class, so locking it to one specific element would make it unpleasant to use. If it absolutely has to be locked to an element that can deal a fair amount of damage to all monster. Something like Void/???, which doesn't meet this standard, or maybe even a new element. I know there's the whole issue with having to implement it into the combat system, but this would be on of the only ways that locking FleshWeaver seems logical.

Again, if Tomix wants it locked to Ice for thematic reasons it will be locked to ice. If he wants it locked to Bacon it will be locked to Bacon. The problem here is you're seeing a snapshot of what Roirr is. You saw him use his abilities while he's still in the process of absorbing everything and fighting against Vaal for control. We haven't seen what his final form and abilities are, we haven't seen what he can do in his fully transformed form. Maybe he'll do fire damage and have a totally different set of skills after fully absorbing the spirit? The fact is you all don't know anything beyond what you saw with Riorr in one quest. That's not even close enough to a sample size of anything. Tomix could be doing something totally different for the next one. He may want Roirr to have the same skills right now for a reason so he doesn't spoil his plans for FW. He may just want to use what's there to make less work and get the content out faster.

Until you know for sure, 100%, what the plans are then you can't say conclusively that it will or will not be a certain way. If Roirr's skills change completely in the next quest your whole argument goes out the window. My advice is to not dig in to something when you have no clue which way things will go. That saves us the trouble of trying to fix mindsets later and opens up MUCH more to discussions. I'd rather have to poke you guys to reign back in a little because you do sometimes go over the edge than to have to force you all to accept something later down the road. There is a middle ground between the two polar opposites many people here post as. It's not always a "RUNAWAY TRAINWRECK OF IDEAS!" or "STONEWALL OF ONE IDEA AND ONE IDEA ONLY." There is a middle ground of fun ideas in a somewhat contained thought process.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 701
6/1/2015 18:41:29   
Shadows Morgenstern

@Soulus: Yes, I've been following the thread since the first one started. He's given nothing substantial enough for people to be having these long arguments about the details of the possible class, I
still hope it doesn't get a green light from Geo tbh. Fleshweaving should be mostly unique to Roirr, one of the most interesting characters in all of DF.

Edit: Ninja'd by Ash yet again. Q_Q

I am the night! ~Ash

< Message edited by Ash -- 6/1/2015 18:45:33 >

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 702
6/1/2015 19:39:44   
soulus42

@Shadows As proven, substantial information is not required to have long debates about the class that has yet to be truly shown. Always fun to try and guess how it will be though :)

I would like for the class to be given the green light as I am rather intrigued by the fleshweaver, even with the consequences.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 703
6/1/2015 19:41:47   
Chaoshaper

^ I do to. While i may be against the class itself, i want to see what the staff can make out of it, and how they implement it into the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 704
6/2/2015 7:49:57   
VJ

its funny how people keep bringing up roirr as to why it shouldn't be locked as ice because of the soul ally he murdered was fire based.

Look at Artix's Pally skills, they are different to the player's skill and both are Pallys.
The fights we had with the DK npc has skills that are not like the DKA we have access to.
If we come across another Necro I bet they do not have the same skills as we do
Don't have a DoomK but I am sure they do not have the same skills as Seppy
Or Pyromancers don't have the same as Xan's Pyromancer skills.

Those with Pyro & DoomK can you correct me if I am wrong as I don't have those armors.

What I am getting at is just because the npc has one thing does not mean the player's armor should mirror the npc's unique style/armor/abilities.
so it isn't that far fetched to see the fw being an element lock depending on their soul ally.

< Message edited by VJ -- 6/2/2015 7:50:37 >
Post #: 705
6/2/2015 9:11:17   
soulus42

It's also not far fetched to see the FW not being locked to an element. After all, we have been weaving with Aegis as a soulweaver and that isn't ice locked even though the soul threads we use are made from a spirit attuned to ice. It may or may not be locked, we don't know. We can guess but for now, we have to see if it gets the green light first.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 706
6/2/2015 11:57:18   
Darius

I really wouldn't want to see this class on anyone but a villain. Eating poor Aegis, after how he was murdered for the Ice Orb in his previous life, and how we practically abandoned him when we were frozen for five years, he doesn't need us killing him again to become a nasty fleshweaver, using his powers to fuel our evil. Let Roirr--and ONLY Roirr--do that, because the hero just isn't cruel enough to do that to someone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 707
6/2/2015 14:36:16   
Starstruck91

Wait, Aegis was murdered for the Ice Orb? I must have missed that memo. XD
DF  Post #: 708
6/2/2015 14:42:47   
Ibnar

@Starstruck91 Find Aegis in book 3, Talk, Ask about his death.
DF  Post #: 709
6/2/2015 15:14:04   
Shadows Morgenstern

quote:

Aegis: I was on a mission in Northlands with other soulweavers, we were sent to investigate some spherical artifact.
Aegis: We were in an ice cave, when the other soulweaver stepped on thin ice and fell into the water.
Aegis: I jumped in to save him, and succeeded, but he pushed me back into the ice cold water. I drowned.
Aegis: I don't know why he pushed me. I didn't try to find out after I died.

It's not directly said but it is pretty heavily implied. I do like the vagueness behind it and that Aegis is mature enough to leave the past where it lies. I still would really like to see Aegis make an appearance in some quests outside of Ravenloss sometimes!
DF  Post #: 710
6/2/2015 18:40:50   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

Ok, enough. I've already stated earlier in this thread that rudeness, attitude, snide remarks and rule-breaking in general will not survive here. Nor will the thread.

When a staff member posts in this thread it is to stop discussion from getting too extreme in one way or another. They might joke, they might explain in detail. They might even post teasers. But that is in no way a reason to pop off to them with disrespect. Remember, these are the same people who work for your enjoyment, often for free. I think that warrants keeping your attitude somewhere else and not in this forum. Yes?

Also, there's absolutely no need to try to intervene with other players. If you see something that is obnoxious or rule-breaking, contact one of the DFGD Archknights or myself and let us handle it. There's no need to reply to snarkiness with snarkiness.

ANY further pop-offs like the posts I just deleted will result in a warning and/or further consequences. No more reminders.

As much as we'd love for this thread to stay alive, I will not keep it open at the expense of other players reading trash, disrespect and infighting.
AQ DF  Post #: 711
6/2/2015 19:22:06   
flashbang

quote:

We haven't seen what his final form

Roirr: THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 712
6/2/2015 20:13:53   
Darius

I was just thinking, since the title of this thread also involves Soulsmithing, does anyone think that it might be a tradeskill rather than a battle class? If Soulweaving isn't meant to be a combat class, but rather a crafting trade, then shouldn't Soulsmithing be sorta like Yulgar's Blacksmithing, except taught by Lanrete and require soulthreads (or is it soul-ores?) to craft weapons and accessories?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 713
6/2/2015 20:22:12   
flashbang

Tomix has confirmed that Soulsmithing would be an upgrade to blacksmithing.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 714
6/2/2015 20:32:22   
Darius

Ah, then I did miss that part of the convo. Sorry, my bad!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 715
6/2/2015 20:52:18   
Rio3678

quote:

We haven't seen what his final form and abilities are,

quote:

Roirr: THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!

We need to fight him multiple times and he needs to say that in our first battle against that. Glad i wasn't the only one thinking that quote though lol.

Master of Light and Darkness
Rio Skyron
with Bianca, my blade of Destiny
theme song
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 716
6/2/2015 20:59:19   
GreenGuy23

Honestly, with SoulSmithing, I would really love to see the ability to upgrade your SoulClaws for SW/MSW. Maybe increasing overall damage percentage on all of your moves in whihc you attack with your SoulClaws....? It would be really cool to be able to upgrade your ChaosWeaver damage as well using SS.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 717
6/3/2015 11:53:53   
Meloette Wells

can someone find this confirmation from Tomix? I know us guys assumed it would be a Blacksmithing upgrade but, I don't recall seeing Tomix actually commenting upon Soul Smithing during this. I know he been popping in to make comments about FleshWeaving, since as Bella said, he been making comments upon major points that the thread popped out.

Edit: @below that's kinda my point. There's just SO many pages, it's kinda hard to be sure if Tomix actually said it was or not. I just recall us formunites agree-ing it would be a logical upgrade for Blacksmithing

< Message edited by Meloette Wells -- 6/3/2015 12:34:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 718
6/3/2015 12:31:21   
soulus42

I'll have a look through the thread in a minute to double check, but I think his confirmation is somewhere in this thread... somewhere o.O

*edit*
quote:

It will be an upgrade to blacksmithing.

Posted by Tomix on page 11 of this thread Meloette.

< Message edited by soulus42 -- 6/3/2015 14:08:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 719
6/4/2015 1:49:35   
Dark Lord Urmi

then dont eat him Darius....
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 720
6/4/2015 4:04:20   
VJ

I look forward to the new smithing class as it will be nice to do more with the weavers
Post #: 721
6/4/2015 4:28:18   
Aargarok

Just to weigh in on the conversation, I really can't see any way we could justify or explain eating Aegis to our friends.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 722
6/4/2015 4:37:17   
Dark Lord Urmi

either roirr does it and like serenity a friend fuels evil or out of desperation we do it first. whats the saying not all good actions are wise and not all evil actions foolish. at least thats how i would think it would go similarly like what happened with envy.

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 6/4/2015 4:45:02 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 723
6/4/2015 8:05:36   
Snakezarr

Has it been said what happens when a soul is swallowed? Is it sent to purgatory?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 724
6/4/2015 8:08:30   
Starstruck91

I would think that if a soul were to be swallowed it'd be digested/absorbed by the imbiber in a serenity-esque fashion, and thus simply cease to exist?

< Message edited by Starstruck91 -- 6/4/2015 8:09:03 >
DF  Post #: 725
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 28 [29] 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 29 of 30«<2627282930>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition