Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 9 of 30«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/3/2015 6:28:11   
Dark Lord Urmi

that...is extremely petty.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 201
5/3/2015 6:35:23   
VJ

not really.
I wouldn't make that choice so why should it be force on me in any way shape or from be it those unwelcome guest in the fire orb saga if they went that route(bad enough I have to deal with doom knights on my team during that mission) or facing them in the arena.

after all it wouldn't be my choice.

they would need to implement something that would allow us to avoid them.
maybe make it an auto lock out for those that went the 'good' route unless manually typed in.

though I just wish Tomix would come and tell us he won't do it(which I hope) or he will do it(which I hope he does not) ----->and who to blame one way or another<----I am kidding by the way.

I just want this whole mess behind us so we can move on.

< Message edited by VJ -- 5/3/2015 6:37:01 >
Post #: 202
5/3/2015 6:37:04   
Renn Shadowheart

Hold on a min, VJ. You aren't being forced to be a FleshWeaver, it is a CHOICE. So why barr FleshWeaver if only you do not want it? Why stop it being in game, just because some people don't want it. You don't HAVE to get FleshWeaver if you don't want to, but there are people who do. So I think you should respect their opinions.
AQW Epic  Post #: 203
5/3/2015 6:37:57   
Dark Lord Urmi

VJ agreed i haven't seen the forums this split in quite awhile. i hope a compromise can be made with no DCs involved in the end well lets see how this goes

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/3/2015 6:38:31 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 204
5/3/2015 6:39:11   
megakyle777

quote:

I just want this whole mess behind us so we can move on.

There, I can agree.

When it comes right down to it, I think Tomix should put a poll link and large note in game. Fleashweaver Class: Yay or nay? Let all players decide rather then just the forum ones. Whichever one wins is the one chosen.

However, I take issue with Chaosweaver being locked off, since that is a DC class and if someone pays for it and then it's locked off that's a potential lawsuit right there.
DF  Post #: 205
5/3/2015 6:39:40   
Renn Shadowheart

^ Great idea :D. I think a poll, will show the devs, what the most of the community think. :)

< Message edited by Renn Shadowheart -- 5/3/2015 6:40:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 206
5/3/2015 6:40:02   
Dark Lord Urmi

chaosweaver has nothing to do with aegis it wont be barred id almost bet money on it XD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 207
5/3/2015 6:42:16   
VJ

lol Renn you missunder stand me.
I said facing me or on my team, that has nothing to do with the one who chose that route and would not affect them in any way shape or form.

after all shouldn't it also be those who did not want fws to began with have a right to not have anything to do with them in any way shape or form?

forcing them on those who don't want them is no different that your complainant about someone not wanting them for everyone else.

my list I had are my actual reason for not wanting them in the game while what I said above you was that I want nothing to do with them if they are in game in the future.

@Kyle & Renn
That would be a very one sided poll and I think you know that.
as not ever one who is for or against this would vote or be able to vote for whatever reason.

What I think that should happen is that Tomix takes everything into consideration such as review the list and what others have said for or against.

polls will not work.

@Renn
no it would only show what a few think and this goes for both sides. there are roughly 9000 players daily and only a handful are in the fourms.
so I have to ask, adding this class would it not be forcing this on those who play the game as whole Again this goes for both sides.

we need to stay out of it which means no polls and something they need to talk about with each other and only take into account pros and cons as this is a heated debate as it is.

also they should take into account that they said they would never have any choice that would lean towards the hero be coming evil.
this isn't the non canon aqw where you get those types of choices.

its what sets DF apart from all other games of theirs.

< Message edited by VJ -- 5/3/2015 6:50:49 >
Post #: 208
5/3/2015 6:49:19   
megakyle777

VJ: All you would need to do is log into the game, read the large note explaining the situation, click the link and vote. And if we take the forum route, you'd lose. More people want it then don't. Look at the earlier post counting both sides. It's 23 not to 34 do want. If we go solely by forum votes, Fleshweaver is wanted more then not but a significant enough amount.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 5/3/2015 6:50:50 >
DF  Post #: 209
5/3/2015 6:54:48   
Tomix
Soulweaver

If the class is in game, it will not be pushed upon you. It will be a choice, nothing mandatory.
If you'll decide to go that path, you are welcome to do so. If not, you can completely ignore it.
It would be an optional feature, with a clear explanation of what happens if you'd choose to become a Fleshweaver.
It won't be anything that is forced upon you, worry not.
DF  Post #: 210
5/3/2015 6:56:10   
Dark Lord Urmi

Tomix thank you for explaining its basically a prestige class from a skill tree if it gets implemented that will be amazing. :D

< Message edited by Dark Lord Urmi -- 5/3/2015 6:57:43 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 211
5/3/2015 6:56:16   
VJ

I am editing this to reflect what Tomix said.
I am talking about having to deal with fw in any mandatory mission for example the fire ord(still have three waiting to finish the orb quest line lol) where two players are forced upon you which are a hindrance as it is but to have a fw on someone's team due to wining a contest or other mandatory missions is forcing it on those that don't want it as the other player would be on their team.

Thus why those who didn't want fw should not have to deal with them thus auto block those IDs unless typed in by the other player.

I type veryyyy slow and miss a lot.

< Message edited by VJ -- 5/3/2015 7:02:15 >
Post #: 212
5/3/2015 6:58:24   
Renn Shadowheart

@Tom Could you clarify something for me? Would only the SoulWeavers and maybe SoulSmiths (if ever in-game) be locked, if FW ever came out, at the end of the Vaaloirr Saga?
AQW Epic  Post #: 213
5/3/2015 7:00:52   
megakyle777

Tomix, a Quick question: Chaosweaver is going to be a DC class right? Because what is someone buys it for money and then gets locked out of it because of Fleshweaver?
DF  Post #: 214
5/3/2015 7:01:48   
Tomix
Soulweaver

Correct, Chaosweaver will be a DC class.
DF  Post #: 215
5/3/2015 7:07:45   
megakyle777

But doing Fleshweaver locks you out of all weaver classes. My question is what if someone buys Chaosweaver for DC, a real ife currency I might add, and then gets locked out of it due to picking Fleshweaver? Plus what about the Amour Closet?

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 5/3/2015 7:08:06 >
DF  Post #: 216
5/3/2015 7:08:13   
VJ

by the way Tomix thanks for the clarification and I know you guys will do what you feel is right for the game and Us the players regardless of how we might feel one way or another about this class.

on a side note I finished the last mission of your npc's quest line and I tell ya I was not expecting that at all as I like taking him along with me on many missions.

question though, will he always be accessible regardless of what may happen in the future?
I figured this is a fine place to ask seeing as it all has to do with weaving.

@Kyle
Do don't think they would do that when it comes to DC items.

< Message edited by VJ -- 5/3/2015 7:11:27 >
Post #: 217
5/3/2015 7:28:27   
tomas185

I was thinking that perhaps the Hero doesn't consume Aegis simply for power, but for situational purposes. Perhaps (hypothetically) the Hero and Aegis battle against an extremely powerful enemy (Roirr), and are about to die/lose. Maybe Aegis would convince the Hero to consume him, giving the Hero the power he/she needs to survive against Roirr. IMO this would mean that the staff wouldn't have to go through all the trouble of adding in all the negative connotations/reactions of "Look, it's the so called 'hero' who devoured his soul ally for power" to the quests and NPCs. It wasn't the hero devouring Aegis for sheer power, but rather Aegis making the ultimate sacrifice for his closest friend. All it could require is a statue commemorating Aegis' sacrifice for the hero.

Personally that's how I'd go about it, however it would remove the option of playing an 'evil hero'.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 218
5/3/2015 7:59:03   
god of chaos

@VJ. You can acess old Pellow Village and Tomix even if you have finished his questline.
Post #: 219
5/3/2015 8:41:03   
LouisCyphere

Well since Tomix had emphasized that it will be the player's choice, it's alright if Fleshweaver is implemented into the game. If you don't want it, don't eat Aegis and If you want it, then do so. The only ones who would have a hard time here would be the ones developing the class since there's already a lot in their to-do list.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 220
5/3/2015 8:42:52   
god of chaos

^ one of the reasons I don't want it. I'd rather have many of those things on their to-do lists come before fw, and then if things split this issue will be further made evident.
Post #: 221
5/3/2015 8:46:04   
megakyle777

My main concern now is the following:

1: Chaosweaver. As a DC class, it should not be locked out. If people pay for it and then pick Fleshweaver they wasted 1800 DC on nothing.
2: What exactly does Tomix mean by Canon? What extent is it canon to his and other stories? What is affected and what is not?
3: What about armour closets? The armour closet,, for 2000 DC, is sold as a way to acess EVERY class you own, rare, non rare, DLC, special offer ETC. /:
4: If races are done can I be a Werepyre Fleshweaver? Because I'd LOVE to be a Werepyre Fleshweaver.
DF  Post #: 222
5/3/2015 9:51:30   
Sakurai the Cursed

quote:

But doing Fleshweaver locks you out of all weaver classes.

Tomix said maybe any other form of weaving, seemingly meaning it's not certain whether CW would be locked or not. But even if it is, it's 100% obvious that they would never take away a purchased item like that without at the very minimum giving a 100% refund, and even then people may have bought DCs just for that class so it seems iffy (though I suppose if it's made clear that it would be taken away then that's not much of an issue).

Also, regarding "canon": afaik every class in the game except for the DC/special offer classes (and perhaps the joke classes) is canon; that doesn't mean they have to be "continually referenced" as you've said, or really have any bearing on anything else at all. FW would be a huge exception already in that it would remove Aegis and SW/MSW, but having every other NPC comment on how disgusted they are or some such similar thing would just be silly. Do people continually show disapproval of Necro/DK players? No, in fact the only place it's ever mentioned at all is in the training and in Artix's slight disapproval when he sends you to the trainers, never to be hinted at again.

< Message edited by Sakurai the Cursed -- 5/3/2015 9:54:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 223
5/3/2015 10:17:35   
megakyle777

quote:

Tomix said maybe any other form of weaving

Can you provide the quote/link for that please? Because if it's optional, does not not lock off the weaver classes, there;s not too many refference to it, and the "Only" cost is to eat Ageis, then PASS ME THE HOT SAUCE XD I may reconsider my choice on this.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 5/3/2015 10:18:12 >
DF  Post #: 224
5/3/2015 10:33:52   
Rio3678

I've got to say, this is the most heated discussion I've ever seen in the forums.

Master of Light and Darkness
Rio Skyron
with Bianca, my blade of Destiny
theme song
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 9 of 30«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition