Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= April 30th, 2015 - Legendary Preview

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= April 30th, 2015 - Legendary Preview
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/30/2015 15:21:08   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

April 30th, 2015
Legendary Preview

Good afternoon, duelists! How goes the war? We're currently engaged in a 2 week build for an epic Legendary revamp scheduled for May 8th. You may have seen some of the projected features described in the April 15th Design Notes.

Our artists are hard at work developing some of the coolest items ever to hit Delta V -- items worthy of the Legendary designation. These items will only be available exclusively to Legendary players.

The Legendary Shops will be broken into 3 separate tiers to cover a range of Legendary Ranks. Each tier will have it's own unique set of items on offer. Being Legendary should feel awesome and we want those who are dedicated enough to achieve that status to really be able to show that status off in as many ways as possible.

The Legendary Shop merchants can be found inside Titan's Peak. This is destined to be a hangout for the best and baddest in all of EpicDuel.

MOAR
I haven't even covered the new achievements and Legendary stats in this release, but I've got to leave something to talk about next week. We'll also have more specifics concerning the new Legendary stats and more preview images of Legendary content.

"Underdog Mode"
We've all been the underdog in a duel at one point or another. Even the level 40s with dozens of Legendary points started once as lowly level 1s. This can be very frustrating, especially as power levels increase near the cap. An underdog mode is being developed to address this issue by giving the lower level player a boost to help them remain competitive against a much more highly ranked opponent. This will not grant an easy win for a low level player, but merely offer a boost to give the player a fighting chance.
As this feature is still in development, we don't yet have exact figures to offer. We will likely have more details in next week's Design Notes.

Incoming Restock!
We covered this before, but it's so important, it's worth mentioning again. Coming up May 1st is a MASSIVE restock that should slake the appetite of the most warlike Epic-Duelists. That date will herald the return of the incredible Lionhart weapons, Dread weapons, and Legion/Exile Battlegear!
  • Legion/Exile Gear
  • Lionhart Seasonal Rares
  • Dread Seasonal Rares

You may think you'll have plenty of time to get them, but it's easy to save it for later, but forget and miss out. Be sure to pick up these amazing items before they're gone for another year!

Tags: Nightwraith

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 4/30/2015 15:24:45 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/30/2015 16:50:30   
Lord Machaar

1 week before its release, and devs still don't have a solid idea about this new underdog battle mode. Are you for real NW?
By the release of another 40 ranks, a rank 100 will still face level 39-38 players and ranks 1 players. If you are still thinking that 100 ranks give also "ZERO" advantage then shut the game already.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 4/30/2015 20:53:58 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
4/30/2015 16:57:46   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

1 week before its release, and devs still don't have a solid idea about this new underdog battle mode. [...] If you are still thinking that 100 ranks give also "ZERO" advantage then sgut the game already.

And yet DNs answer both:
quote:

This can be very frustrating, especially as power levels increase near the cap. An underdog mode is being developed to address this issue by giving the lower level player a boost to help them remain competitive against a much more highly ranked opponent. This will not grant an easy win for a low level player, but merely offer a boost to give the player a fighting chance. As this feature is still in development, we don't yet have exact figures to offer.

Exact figures = exact numbers - unless we lock the numbers now (for the sake of releasing exact numbers), and don't bother testing; despite the fact testing will result in values getting shifted around. We had concept set in stone for weeks already, and all that remains is finishing development of stuff like Legendary Shops, Achievements, etc., whilst we focus on testing the balance side of things.

@below
quote:

A boost for 39's and 38's hooray. So now rank 39 can=rank 60.

Assuming you meant level 39, but either way, not exactly:
quote:

This will not grant an easy win for a low level player, but merely offer a boost to give the player a fighting chance.
So the advantage will be lower, thanks to the Underdog Mode, but not exactly nullified completely. Ranks will still give an edge over lower Rank player, but lesser. It won't be a fixed boost either - it will all depend on your level (and rank, if applicable) as well as your opponent's Rank.

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 4/30/2015 17:40:31 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
4/30/2015 17:26:55   
.Lord Ginger.

A boost for 39's and 38's hooray. So now rank 39 can=rank 60. very hard to win, but we can add boosts like (crits, blocks, deflects)? Sounds rigged. If they never made stupid legendary mode, they wouldn't need a revamp. And plus, it's supposed to be hard to beat someone way higher level than you/ I.e level 40 vs level 35 once level 40 was made, all the 35's complained. And also level 30 and 35 back In Delta. pfft

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 4/30/2015 18:09:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/30/2015 22:09:13   
dfo99

the legendary shop is a notable item from the berserker killer list of things that could made the game better, but this is just the only of few things that i don't support because is a waste of development time, since there is already in game a large amount of cosmetic weapons, what a bad luck (if this weapons is not for varium only of course).
Post #: 5
4/30/2015 22:59:54   
Mother1

@ lord ginger

I am guessing

2 level stats + 60 ranks > 5 levels stats.
Epic  Post #: 6
5/1/2015 0:11:35   
Silver Sky Magician

Lionhart primaries should prove very useful for players exploiting burst damage skills, particularly support mercs and dex-caster TMs. Lionhart's Avatar may see a resurgence in 2v2, though its applications in 1v1 are lacklustre.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 5/1/2015 0:16:04 >
Post #: 7
5/1/2015 1:53:26   
dfo99

more weapons with cores and i already have 49 slots used.. unfortunately i have to sell some rare items..
Post #: 8
5/1/2015 7:14:27   
SouL Prisoner

Lionhart's weapons(Mutating) costs varium only!!?? Was that intended?? or a bug??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/1/2015 7:24:42   
Ranloth
Banned

It's a bug. Happens every time a new promo is back in-game - Blood Hawk ended up being the same. It should be fixed later today, once Devs are in the Lab. (it's 7:24am EST)
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
5/1/2015 7:50:56   
SouL Prisoner

oh ok. thnx. That's good. Although i doubt i'll buy...

Waiting for a new promo. *Hope it's dual set* Phy and Energy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/1/2015 9:22:14   
Xendran

Underdog mode could be interesting.
This can be done in a way that makes it still better to be the actual level, as you have more direct control over what parts of your build are stronger and how much, with underdog mode being just a general global boost.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 5/1/2015 9:24:29 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
5/1/2015 9:32:38   
Lord Machaar

@Ranloth:

Is there a fix for strenght builds in general and strenght stat (strike) in particular coming next week? Or there will be the underdog mode only?
MQ Epic  Post #: 13
5/1/2015 10:05:56   
The berserker killer

I originally meant for the Shops to be based on your PVP Rank such as Legend, Grand Emperors, and Emperors because the items would actually be more exclusive that way. However maybe that is somewhere in the pipeline. I highly suggest keeping the 3 rank shops but also adding a rank 100 rank shop to encourage players to keep playing. If I am correct, the last rank shop is accessible at rank 25. That's relatively low given the fact that players have had access to ranks for this entire year. Once again, keep all rank shops but also implement a rank 100 shop. Individuals are only mad that no gear is exclusive and that everyone has the same things. Some weapons need to be harder to access than others. That's one of the many ways that a feature becomes hardcore, and players earn bragging rights in this game that is mainly cosmetic. Since these weapons will be coreless, there shouldn't be an issue in having a rank 100 shop. The only issue should honestly come from those lazy enough to not want to do it. In that case, the problem is with the player and not the feature.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/1/2015 10:07:44 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
5/1/2015 10:23:44   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

I originally meant for the Shops to be based on your PVP Rank such as Legend, Grand Emperors, and Emperors because the items would actually be more exclusive that way.

Shops being unlocked with Ranks is a new feature which was developed for this release, so I do believe we can also do the same with Level requirements to open a shop, etc. Not sure how PvP Ranks (emblems) work in this case - it may be possible, but if anything, that'd be very low priority for the time being.

quote:

Once again, keep all rank shops but also implement a rank 100 shop. Individuals are only mad that no gear is exclusive and that everyone has the same things. Some weapons need to be harder to access than others.
quote:

Since these weapons will be coreless, there shouldn't be an issue in having a rank 100 shop.

Cost-benefit analysis. There probably aren't enough players who are close to Rank 100, to warrant a high demand for it just yet. Time is put into creating weapons, and there are other tasks which the Artists must focus on - so for now, it's something. This does not mean Rank 100 shop is out of the question - but if anything, it will be further down the line. Right now there will be incentive to get to Rank 100 to get all the boosts (or Rank 80 for PvP-related ones).
We had the same recently with increasing Bank space; see here. And after last week's release, you can see that Bank space was increased significantly. It all boils down to cost-benefit, and whether there is a demand to get it done asap, or if it can wait for a little bit before another Shop is created.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
5/1/2015 14:37:51   
Darkwing

So, this dog system will give you a bonus, but ranks will still have the edge. It depens what kind of bonus you get, if it works with your build. Strength tank builds that will have more heal and less energy for cores will be even better then now, that's for sure.
Post #: 16
5/1/2015 14:55:05   
Lord Machaar

^ that's what I've been talking about. Being able to do 600-700 hp heal, and being able to do blood hawk's special on your sword for 20 energy, well that's something. Given the fact that strenght builds now adays are tank builds also, well, you know what, let's buff them, and hey come on, 80 ranks, that gives zero advantage. Let's wait until rank 250 rank is released, and then let's do the math and see if Then level 38 is too weak for such a match.
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
5/1/2015 16:40:21   
The berserker killer

I just think that waiting until the majority of players are rank 100 in order to implement a ran k100 shop defeats the purpose because there are indeed players who are rank 100 right now. Just make the shop and throw a single weapon in there. That weapons value will be substantially great because only a limited amount of players could access it just as:

-Promos are cool because only a limited amount of people used to be able to access them
-Founder armor and Beta gear is cool because only a limited amount ofpeople used to access them
-The same with Dage Swords, Rare Prize codes, etc.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 18
5/1/2015 19:14:59   
Elite Tuga

It's about time Legendaries got special stuff in order to feel more "legendary", can't wait for the above content to release, especially that new 'under-dog mode', that should be interestingly fun.
Battle-On!

Epic  Post #: 19
5/1/2015 19:44:04   
Guppy

Is the Lionhart gear intended to be for 2,445 Varium each? Because that is quite a massive price.
Curious in case it is lowered once the option of buying it with credits is added.

< Message edited by Guppy -- 5/1/2015 19:51:31 >
Post #: 20
5/1/2015 20:40:38   
Mother1

@ guppy

They made that mistake last year with the blood hawk promo as well. You should have waited for them to fix it instead of spending your varium.
Epic  Post #: 21
5/5/2015 4:04:47   
edwardvulture

I don't feel like this game is going the right direction. Legendary ranks is only an incentive for people with loads of free time to play this game. Although this is a huge improvement upon the previous legendary experience, there are other games that require the same amount of time yet are much more rewarding in that they have a higher skill cap and being less luck-based. I think epicduel would do the best if developers focused on the 15-20 minute experience or developed the game-play to the point which is more skill-based than luck/core based.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
5/5/2015 13:44:23   
The berserker killer

Me either honestly. But not for that reason Edward. My problem is that you have to honor your players, especially those that have been with you for so long. That is why I suggested a shop based on your rank (demigod, legend, grand emperor etc) because you will be killing two birds with one stone. You will encourage players to play substantially longer, and you will give them something to look forward to.

Legendary ranks are cool, and so are the shops, but I have to disagree with you here ranloth and call you out on this hypocrisy. There aren't enough people for you guys to want to create a rank 100 shop? There also aren't that many DemiGods. Yet you have a reward for that. In fact there is only one person substantially close to becoming a demo god whereas there are on average 40 players I have seen who are nearing rank 100.

Why is that person still fighting? My guess is to become a DemiGod. Would it make sense to create a DemiGod rank after he reaches the amount of wins needed? No, that would not make any sense. You release the shop now to give players something to look forward to. Too many times have the AE team half-assed releases (with all due respect and no aggression meant). If you guys are going to do a release, go all the way with it. If you cant go all the way, kindly explain why. If the reason is because you dont have time, you have school or work, after 4 weeks of no content, then maybe its just time to step down and assume a lighter role. Something like a tester. No one will think badly of you. Its just that you are wasting space. Sure we understand the job doesn't pay, but then allow someone else who is passionate about AE to take your job and will go 100%. Venomities has had amazing ideas constantly retweeted on twitter (art-wise). She has and continues to play this game everyday for countless hours. She has even created a flying armor from the looks of it. I'm not asking why she isn't part of the ED guest Artist team, I am simply pointing at the fact that abstract ideas like this aren't implemented on a weekly basis.

Back to half-assing though, I hope you understand what I mean.
1) You create Ranks such as emperor and grand emperor yet you dont have Emperor and Grand Emperor shops. Or their cheevos have 0 ratings. I know this idea must have been in the mainstream because there are armors that are sold at Steve 2.0 that are labeled Warrior, Officer, etc.

2) You have a War yet you cap the rewards to an amount of credits that cant even upgrade your war item.

3) You have factions yet leaders cant see how much wins each individual person has committed to their faction for that day.

4) You have a battle arena that isn't utilized for tournaments.

5) The games PVP based yet you can see how many NPC battles you have done for the day and not PVPs.

6) the cost to switch between your classes counterpart is the same as becoming an entirely different class.

7) you've got bosses that don't drop XP or creds.

8) you've got bosses without a solo option or a hard mode

I mean the list goes on and on and the simple excuse of "we're not ready for that yet" is what's really turning alot of people off from the game.

My thing is, I don't like the way the game is going because you guys aren't going 100%. This legendary system should've been complete by the time you released it. Now you've waited so long to add more features to it that players are just chilling at rank 100 because theres nothing more to play for. Sure, we're gonna log on and buy the gear and do acouple matches to see how cool it looks. We might even keep it equipped so we look cool when we log off.

I mean c'mon, lets think about it real quick. Who said that all cores had to be different or have a special effect? Its my understanding that the coding for cores becomes difficult when coding the actual effect of the core. Well here's a thought that will bring some fun into the game: Code the same exact core but make it look different. Here are a few ideas:

1) EASTER- Instead of Meteor Shower for 110% damage you could've had Egg Shower for the exact same 110% damage and exact same animation but instead of Meteors it would be eggs.

2) VALENTINES- Instead ofEnergy Storm why not have Love storm that rains hearts down upon your enemy instead of fire with the same exact effect of draining energy?

3) Winter- Instead of ENERGY SHOT for your gun you could've had ICE SHOT for your gun. Same effect, different animation.

So on so forth. Thats what I mean by half-assing. You guys could go so far. But you're stuck on the idea that "if we release a core it must be new and must be promo". NOOO IT DOESNT. The cosmetic could change, the effect can stay the same, and it could still be sold in vendbot.

Well thats my take. Hopefully you guys get some ideas from thos
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 23
5/6/2015 3:59:49   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I take it Underdog Mode will be like 1v1, 2v2 etc in the bottom row to select? Or will it be simply added into the game via normal battles?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
5/6/2015 9:53:19   
..Jasmine..

@Digital X
We can expect a detailed information about underdog mode in the next design notes
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= April 30th, 2015 - Legendary Preview
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition