Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

My 2 cents

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> My 2 cents
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/8/2015 9:45:16   
Codas X

Hi

I am a beta player, couldn't be an alpha player as I did not spend money on any AE game. So I have been playing this game for quite some time. Not consistently though. (took several months off more than once)

Well back to my main point, I recently became level 40. Being a warlord at level 34 then seeing those with a hero ranking at level 40 with several ranks was already annoying but I didn't think too much about it. Then when ED removed the losses (God knows why) and implemented NPCs wins instead it became clear that there is a segment of the the community who enjoy fighting NPCs. I wonder why? Wins don't count towards 1v1 stats anymore so what could it be? To try out new builds? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH what a joke. Get that extra exp. Again, I did not think much about this except some people were dedicated to slaying NPCs. However when I became level 40 and tried out 1v1 (I'm more of a 2v2 guy) I was up against level 40's (as excepted) with ranks in the 30's and NPC kills in the thousands. There was no way I could win unless I fought a bot. (LOL) Ranking up beyond has given some players such an advantage it makes the varium vs. non varium argument seem petty. Their strength is high, their defence and resistance are also. Because of this I was forced to return to 2v2 matches where I stand a better chance of success.

I preferred level caps WITHOUT ranks because at least there would be a more equal fight with greater variety in builds. (ones that did not evolve soley around dexterity, strength or support)

Hopefully I didn't complain too much! :)
Post #: 1
5/8/2015 10:07:09   
SouL Prisoner

Honestly, right now, there's hardly or i would say non! Difference between and varium and a non-varium player. Idk what you're complaining about?? And about the level difference issue, you should read the latest DN(Design Notes :)

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21970121

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 5/9/2015 9:14:44 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/8/2015 13:46:38   
8x

quote:

I am a beta player, couldn't be an alpha player as I did not spend money on any AE game. So I have been playing this game for quite some time. Not consistently though. (took several months off more than once)

Those who spent money on AE games and created ED account early are still beta (the only difference is that we received 1000 varium). I though I should let you know.
Epic  Post #: 3
6/7/2015 11:07:46   
Cons

I totally agree with codas. What happens when you reach rank 100 or whatever the cap is? It just make the game more unbalanced as high rank 40s can easily verse lvl 38s, 39s and low rank 40s who are all at a huge disadvantage. Diversity has also been decreased by the removal of passives and the introduction of full-stat enhancements.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/7/2015 11:16:06   
King Bling

Another machaar, dont cry do npc for 1 hour and some 1vs1 , now that you get under dog and extra luck factors you can win more, I lose to rank 1's as well
Post #: 5
6/7/2015 12:04:58   
Lord Machaar

I'm glad that the game now is better than it used to be before, underdog mode has brought diversity to the game, compare ED before underdog mode (strenght builds dominating) and ED now with the underdog mode, tons of classes/builds, players of all ranks playing. Wondering how the game is going to run when we remove ranks.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/7/2015 12:07:43 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 6
6/7/2015 12:27:44   
shadow.bane

@king bling ! no man he can't do npcs , cause npcs are embarrassing ! he can't live with huge amount if npcs in his record <<< i hear that a lot trust me but the stupidity about it is that they nag about my npcs wins and call me a noob and the fact that when i battle them i have 99.5 % chance to win and they 0.5 % ... 3510 wins 1 vs 1 , 250 2 vs 2 25 jugg and 20800 npcs and level 40 rank 36 , it's the easiest way to lvl/rank up
so king bling don't tell anyone to do npcs cause they will be embarrassed LOL xD .
anw done with sarcasm about what people say about my npcs wins , i agree 100 % with bling , do npcs for faster lvl/rank up . trust me it helps :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/7/2015 12:35:22   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

Shadow: I bet that your 1v1 record is not even 65% win/lose, same for your 2v2 and jugg.
And removing ranks is still a way better idea, they don't even help the game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/7/2015 13:11:53   
Lord Machaar

Players do not NPC for various reasons, beside that some might be embarassed, I personally don't NPC because I found it boring, I prefer to enjoy the game after all, and that's what I find in PVP battles, battles that change from one battle to another, forcing you to adapt with the situation and actually use your brain to react to different circumstances, whether these are due to luck (crits/def/blocks) or your opponent has way more advantage than you. Feeling embarassed is the last feeling I would have when doing something in ED that ED kids think it is embarassing, if I enjoy it, case closed, when you like a food your friends don't like, that doesn't mean you will stop eating it.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/7/2015 13:16:14 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
6/7/2015 13:14:09   
8x

If he wanted to do NPCs he would play AQW.
Epic  Post #: 10
6/7/2015 15:14:21   
King Bling

Meh I think it the other way, more npc wins than 1vs1 is the new cool, I myself am concentrating to get more npc wins than my 1vs1, doing 100 npc wins daily + extra 100 or 200 for drops to sell so I can use +6 cores in 1vs1 and get either way around, if you understand what I mean.

Removing ranks = removing players from the base. Then Uchiha who doesnt even play the game will play alone.
Thank you.
Post #: 11
6/9/2015 2:19:52   
Cyber Dream

quote:

I bet that your 1v1 record is not even 65% win/lose, same for your 2v2 and jugg.

This is why losses were removed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/9/2015 3:09:29   
Xendran

Being able to see losses would be very helpful if this game had seasonal ladders that prevented you from class changing while engaged in them. You could easily check what the win ratios were like for different classes and builds compared to others in a specific chunk of time with heavy competition (the heavy competition part is important), unadulterated by previous battles.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
6/10/2015 16:55:55   
MirageD

most players on the 1v1 leader board got there by NPCing, even back in alpha and beta
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/12/2015 22:22:19   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Hey everyone,

Since this thread contains flaming (most of which I've cleaned up) and unconstructive criticism, I'm going to lock this thread.

Thanks,
Battle Elf
ED Archknight
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> My 2 cents
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition