Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= May 8th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.45 (Discussion)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 8th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.45 (Discussion)
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/8/2015 16:11:47   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

May 8th, 2015
Patch Notes 1.6.45

NEW CHANGES/FEATURES:
  • New Legendary categories
    • Medical Mastery: Field Medic heal +2 per point
    • Energy Efficiency: Active core energy cost -1 per point
    • NPC Crusher: +2 damage to NPCs per point
    • NPC Armor: -2 damage from NPCs per point

• Legendary Achievement
    • A new evolving achievement based on your Legendary Rank with many tiers. Reaching the highest tier will be an incredible accomplishment. Existing Legendary players should immediately see this achievement unlocked.

• Legendary Shops
    • Three new shops have been added to Titan’s mountain. The items in this shop are unlocked by reaching Legendary Rank 1, Rank 15, and Rank 50, respectively.
    • Items sold by these shops have a new Legendary rarity. They are equivalent in rarity score to Rares.

• Titan - Legendary mode
    Titan has a new ultra-difficult challenge option available. A new achievement awaits anyone powerful enough to take him down.

BUG FIXES:
  • Credit option added to Lionhart weapons and bots

Tags: Rabblefroth Patch Notes

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 5/8/2015 16:30:27 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/8/2015 17:25:26   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Titan - Legendary mode
Titan has a new ultra-difficult challenge option available. A new achievement awaits anyone powerful enough to take him down.

Happy ghost god ? Hope this will cool you off little bit and tame your wild needs for harder bosses. When you are done with legendary titan, let ranloth know so they can add epic titan with 100k hp.

I believe that even with an ally it's impossible to defeat legendary titan. Too sad Ii don't have enough ranks to do a serious try.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/8/2015 17:26:50 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
5/8/2015 17:30:37   
The berserker killer

Awww sounds personal. Sorry bud
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
5/8/2015 21:22:50   
dfo99

i like the titan challenge, but should have a option to select the npc which you want to fight as partner (2v1 mode) and achievemant for defeat him it in 1v1 mode
Post #: 4
5/9/2015 0:44:53   
Variation

I beat Legendary Titan. The fight itself took well over 500 rounds though.

I really enjoyed the release, and there is nothing terribly wrong with the new legend rank categories.

< Message edited by Variation -- 5/9/2015 1:25:58 >
Post #: 5
5/9/2015 1:34:39   
DeathGuard

@Variation: Congratulations! I think you were the first one to beat him.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/9/2015 1:46:48   
Qwerty Again

I beat legendary Titan around 2 hours after the release, idk if that was before variation but he is not as hard with dex tech mage after gun buff
Post #: 7
5/9/2015 2:05:31   
Variation

@Qwerty Again: No one beat him around two hours after the release. Towards the ending of the recent livestream it was said no one beat him yet -- which automatically implies you didn't. Unless of course we have a vastly different understanding of the word "around", which I surely don't see as plausible.

@Death Guard: Thanks, I might have been. I know during the ending of the livestream it was made known that no one beat Legendary Titan. Legendary Titan was one hell of a challenge and it certainly did feel rewarding defeating him!
Post #: 8
5/9/2015 2:19:44   
Rayman
Banned

The New Legendary titan battle takes way to long for Dex TM, This is not like Saeva where I can try to kill the boss around 10 or 20 times but this titan makes me take a break after 3 tries.
Took me like 250-350 rounds to get titan to 8k HP then He messed me up with a couple of crits, But I will try tomorrow, Im almost rank 10 so 1 more Point into Res might help me a bit.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 5/9/2015 2:21:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/9/2015 2:22:45   
Lord Machaar

Yeah, with 100 legendary points, sounds fun.

Looking forward to hear from someone who defeated at rank 20 - 50. Sounds more fun.

Ranloth said that legendary Titan won't get a nerf if someone defeat him, so there you go guys, to all low rank players, here is another reason for you to rank up, beside the legendary shop, scaling achievement, and the honor to defeat legendary titan, and ofcours the ridiculously huge advantage you get, that gives you the privilege to farm low rank players and the poor 38/39s players who will probably stop playing the game after the shock.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/9/2015 2:24:01 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 10
5/9/2015 2:35:47   
Mother1

@ Lord Machaar

The whole point of this boss was because some players wanted a super hard boss that everyone couldn't defeat. This boss was designed for that matter which was the entire point of this so complaining about something that was made with this intention to be honest is pointless.
Epic  Post #: 11
5/9/2015 2:51:29   
Lord Machaar

I wasn't really complaining, but having more bosses like this but in more realistic way would make everyone happy.
I mean they jumped from saeva lionhart to legendary titan, it's like fighting 2 of saeva lionhart without an ally.

Anyways, looking forward for some bosses that are hard, sure, but target a larger audience, making a boss for 3 players is great by me, but I hope we could see more bosses like this, because if you make bosses according to the players with most ranks, that's not called hard, that's called how much ranks you have.
MQ Epic  Post #: 12
5/9/2015 2:51:36   
Variation

@Lord Machaar: Yeah except players have been pulling the level/rank ideology when it comes to bosses for a while. I solo'd Exile Leader and Administrator 10 at level 36 (as in with a level 1) where is the rank logic now? I have a level 30 alt that beat Saeva Lionhart, once again where is the rank logic?

Let me also point out by what I mean by "rank logic" -- Legend ranks are extremely overestimated, and they aren't the reason why certain players can beat bosses such as Saeva Lionhart. Some players are so fixated on excuses to do nothing and it's quite obvious that Legendary Mode is one of them.

Another thing to point out, just because someone has a high legend rank doesn't mean somehow everything he/she managed to achieve post acquiring said rank is a consequence of said rank. The previous statements should be apparent to most, but it seems like you can't grasp it.

The very fact that you say something like "Yeah, with 100 legendary points, sounds fun. Looking forward to hear from someone who defeated at rank 20 - 50. Sounds more fun." Just goes on to show what I've pointed out.

By the way, that 500+ round victory was very fun. In a match against someone like Legendary Titan skill would play a much greater role than one's legend rank. Rank 1 or rank 120 if one doesn't have the necessary skill in an attempt versus Legendary Titan he will fail it, period.
Post #: 13
5/9/2015 3:01:03   
Lord Machaar

^ so you are telling me that having:
- + 30 resistance and defense and primary damage.
- + 40 aux/sidearm and bot damage.
- + 20 points in health medic, and -10 points energy for all cores.
- less damage taken by the npc , and more damage dealt.

Sorry the Ed team didn't add something else to meet your needs, because this is overestimated, and frankly they should add more things like:

- Extra base hp and energy.
- more critting/def/block chance.
- less energy needed to use skills.
- less cooldown turns for skills and weapons.

I hope these additions aren't overestimated for you.
I think you missed something important about ED, we aren't playing counter strike where your reflexion and intelligence matter, give a pro cs player base weapons and he will still rock. It's not the same thing in ED. Everything is related to what equipement you have and how much stats you have.

Just some food for thought, having 30+ defense and resistance, and 20 damage less taken from NPc, 50 damage less taken, looks small? You said you played for 500 turns? That's 500 * 50 = 25k less damage taken, sure it varies between 25k and 20k taken in consideration the turns he didn't attack in. You deal more damage, 20k more damage, 50 more damage is a fraction, if you muliply it with number of rounds, you get higher value, this is not saeva lionhart, this legendary titan, the longer the battle, the greater the effects of ranks.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/9/2015 3:19:13 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 14
5/9/2015 3:47:18   
Variation

@Lord Machaar: Yep and you completely misunderstood my post. When I said,
quote:

Legend ranks are extremely overestimated...

it's quite apparent what that statement meant in context if you comprehended the entire post. It meant legendary ranks aren't the reason why players can or cannot beat bosses. It may give players an excuse to not ponder and try how to beat a boss, but it sure isn't stopping them from beating a boss. This is coming from someone who has played since 2009 and I know this game like the back of my hand.

You also continue to take things out of context when you go on to say "Sorry the Ed team didn't add something else to meet your needs, because this is overestimated..." Which is quite funny because the great players such as myself never needed Legendary Mode or any additions to the mode to be satisfied.

Also, I beat Legendary Titan on pretty much full hp and access to mp. This is without using my mana to full potential by not using my defensive armor, which would've clearly gave me access to much more defense protection than what my Legendary Ranks provide. Here is some algebra,

if n = legendary defense
and 3n = my extra defense from a defensive buff,
I now get 3 times more defense than what the legendary defense provided me with, provided n is a natural number (which it is).

Picture of sums that represents this case -- made in a program I have to use for labs.

< Message edited by Variation -- 5/9/2015 6:06:28 >
Post #: 15
5/9/2015 5:54:16   
ConQrR

I beat Legendary Titan. Variation build advise helped me a lot though. Thanks Variation.

And i think following quote sums everything about Legendary rank discussions and pretty much everything in life.

“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.”

― Jim Rohn

ConQrR
Epic  Post #: 16
5/9/2015 6:00:09   
Variation

^I'm glad I helped and it's great you also put hard strategic effort into killing Legendary Titan instead of finding an excuse.
Post #: 17
5/9/2015 6:44:56   
The berserker killer

Variation: All I can say is thank you
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 18
5/9/2015 6:45:42   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

This is the AQ Nightbane of the ED world I see. Gratz to those who beat him, what build was being used?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
5/9/2015 6:49:52   
The berserker killer

I think dex tm *if what I am hearing is correct

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/9/2015 6:50:37 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 20
5/9/2015 8:31:47   
King Bling

Steps to kill Legendary Titan:-

1.) Get to rank 100
2.) Get +6 cores
3.) Get Eternal Protection aka +15 Defns/Resis
4.) Get 50k Credits to change to Tech Mage
5.) Get 452 Defns/Resis Build with +6 making it tanky.
6.) Keep Spamming Technician along with drain his energy, around 400-500 turns estimated (According to variation)
7.) Victory - Party Time
Post #: 21
5/9/2015 8:48:23   
The berserker killer

Yea I ran out of creds a LONGGG time ago. Its gonna take me about a week to get ample amount of credits
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 22
5/9/2015 9:29:13   
SouL Prisoner

Honestly, did any tester actually defeat titan or just for the sake of making it hard, ED/Devs once again over did it??

EDIT: @King

IMO, BM is the best for NPC battles. You get tons of energy drain and heal.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 5/9/2015 9:32:27 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
5/9/2015 9:36:18   
Mother1

I have to ask are level 40's supposed to be able to get battles with players lower than level 38? Cause I was doing a 1 vs 1 battle, and to my surprise I ran into a level 37 which is something i haven't seen since they cut level 40's player range.
Epic  Post #: 24
5/9/2015 9:42:50   
Ranloth
Banned

@Mother1
Yes, it's intended. Thanks to eLevel, you can make up for it with the Underdog Mode - so you can face players as low as L36, from what I've seen, assuming there is no one closer to your range. L36 should then have power of ~L38, minus skill points and HP/EP which is scaled by level. We will watch over the change as the data keeps rolling in - especially for the Underdog passive which can end up being buffed if it's necessary. Once we're happy with the numbers (and feedback from players is positive regarding the fix), we can then expand it to 2v2 and Juggernaut alike (latter = the Jugg gets the boost, that is).

@SouL Prisoner
Yes. I did whilst testing, and Titan personally beat him with his own build - so without using any h4x tester tools. Charfade talked about it yesterday during the Livestream, which covered how Titan planned out the whole fight (although, he can see what stats Legendary Titan has) and just tanked + looped throughout it. Only managed to win once himself, and couldn't repeat it afterwards.
AQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 8th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.45 (Discussion)
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition