Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= May 8th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.45 (Discussion)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 8th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.45 (Discussion)
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/9/2015 15:47:27   
Daph Duck

dis under cat mode is gr8, now dat i always get the +2 bonuss sense i am low rank i can rapalace my internal inhance with nano steal armor or a over sheild. thx so much. gr8 update
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
5/9/2015 15:49:14   
Lord Machaar

@Exploding Penguin: I see that they will start making players quit from as early as level 36 lol because ruining the gaming experience for players from level 38 to 40 wasn't enough, they started ruining it from level 36. Don't get surprised if you meet a rank 80, especially at reset time when player base drop to 150 players, you will get paired more than 5 times with high rank players, because according to some players here, 80 ranks don't give an advantage, and level 36 is probably just whining.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/9/2015 17:06:15 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 52
5/9/2015 16:18:53   
Ranloth
Banned

Yeah, we definitely want to make players quit - that's why we tried to fix the Ranks by indirectly nerfing them, and hoping the fix will be good enough to improve matchmaking at all levels - since it's not restricted to Legendary matches only. There's a reason why we're asking for feedback first, and haven't expanded it to 2v2 and Juggernaut at the same time as we did with 1v1. Had we kept the Underdog Mode to Legendary matches only, we would have kept the old matchmaking range (L38s forced to face Legendary players), but since it was expanded to all levels, we hoped it may make up for it.

Also, you cannot meet Rank 80 at L36. There is still level range at play which is 5 levels in 1v1 and 2v2 alike (4 levels in 2v2 if Legendary match) - so the absolute highest a L36 can meet, is Rank 10-19 (because tiring works in tens, so it's unfortunately that high). Differences such as Rank 1 vs 80, can only occur for L38+ players only, hence why there's 5 tiers to the Underdog.
That's exactly why we're looking for feedback here, because: the boost may not be enough / the tiers are too steep and should increase every level and not two (so +1 to all stats -> +1 to two stats and +2 to two stats -> +2 to all stats, etc.) making it a bit smoother when it comes to level differences / and so on.
AQ Epic  Post #: 53
5/9/2015 16:57:16   
Rayman
Banned

I Really Enjoy this legendary titan and I cant wait for the Legendary NightWraith Battle.

About the UnderDog Mode, It seems nice I guess but I dont think +1 On each stat is the solution, there are builds that dont even use support nor str at all and they get Useless Points from the new underdog mode, Maybe it should go to dex and tech only or just boost the stats you get from the UDog Mode.
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
5/9/2015 17:01:39   
Lord Machaar

^ Udog mode haha, I like this name.

@Ranloth:
Once I get my hands on my character, I will say my opinion, but through talking to my friends many of them are pissed why level 36s meet level 40s. That's 20 skills stats points and 4 skill points and 10-20 legendary stats. Plus you considered that 20 ranks equals one level, that's not right at all.

Also with this logic, a level 39 player will face rank 80 players since 80 ranks only make a 4eLvl difference. RIP level 39/38 players.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/9/2015 17:07:46 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 55
5/9/2015 17:29:19   
Ranloth
Banned

L39 player (or even L38) could face Rank 100 before the change anyway. Difference is now, the underdog gets boosted up - albeit not by a great deal.

The issue is with allocating stat boosts, that not all builds want Dex/Tech only either. What if I run Str/Support CH build - I would rather get Str/Support than Dex/Tech. And vice versa - why do I need offensive stats, when my build focuses on damage output from skills that use defensive stats (e.g. TMs - Tech + Dex builds). Hence why it was split across all. At the same time, balanced boost is often weaker than a focused one - see the Eternal Enhance core (+2 to all stats) vs. x Stat core (+6 to one) - hence why it makes up for it by having more stats in total. Will bring it up, though.

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 5/9/2015 17:38:03 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 56
5/9/2015 23:13:58   
.Lord Ginger.

"Albeit not by a great deal." Honestly, if I get a rank 1, they get +5's on everything... That's +5 pts worth on every stat they have to either crit, deflect, or block, they only need 2 of the 3 to win.....................................................................................................................................................................................................that wouldn't normally happen. It's a huge buff. My rank 12 got variation(rank 100+) to 12 HP without luck.....
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
5/10/2015 5:20:25   
King Bling

Under dog Mode is OP , with this mode, a 17 support rank 10 can start against a 62 support rank 50, so yes its definitely a buff to the low ranks/level, quit whining lord manchaar once your rank 30+ you will notice the plight of high ranks

Btw, var what class did you use against legendary titan, since bm is not possible according to me, i tried fighting titan with tlm with a whopping 1000 health with 500+ defns resis ultimate heal loop with high dex for blocks and gun damage, with poison bot and +6 stats with +15 defns/resis and bought the new slots for npc advantage, but still cud get him to 12k, being rank 50 almost.

Suggest me something I can do "more" over what I have tried, and yes 500 defns resis means, 525 defns + 15 and 365 resis + 15 with , blood shield spamming ( 5 turns is pretty good )

Apart from all that I cannot think of anything else, and for ranks, I chose, defns resis + 30 each, npc buff/debuff + 40 , - 40, and healing +20

< Message edited by King Bling -- 5/10/2015 5:24:23 >
Post #: 58
5/10/2015 7:27:29   
Ranloth
Banned

Instead of focusing on Legendary Ranks, do you realise Underdog works for ALL levels? So players at L10 (example) facing a L15, will get the Underdog too. And prior to L40, your HP and EP scales with your level + you get a skill point too. So think about others, and not just you being high Rank, because quite frankly, Ranks have alienated PvP before and we won't keep it as broken anymore.
Objectively speaking, Ranks STILL have advantage because we assume one level = 10 Ranks (it's closer to around 6-7), stats give boost to some skills (but so do Ranks; defensive bonus stacks with Armors, Primary buff stacks with Bludgeon/Zerker/etc), your boosts are NOT affected by diminishing returns (so they may be stronger in some cases, compared to stats). Below L40, as I said, you also get scaled HP and EP which is also worth approx. one stat point in total, and then there's a skill point too.

Only because you start losing with Ranks, it doesn't make the Underdog overpowered. You ARE meant to lose more now, because you indirectly lost power. We cannot keep a handful of players happy because they want to have more power, when there are LOTS of other people who have to put up with that, and lose. And as I've said already, Underdog is applied at all levels and not Legendary matches only, so take that into account the too.

Also, going first in battle is still more or less based on luck so I wouldn't say it's a guaranteed bonus either. 17 Support (Rank 10) vs 62 Support (Rank 60) - this means the Rank 10 had 30% chance to go first, and the Rank 60 had 70% chance (which was 80% prior to Underdog giving First Strike bonus, which is the same as levels). But yeah, that's hardly a buff if it's just probability based and may not even get you to start first.

Also, +5 stats to everything is really little when you talk about effects, like blocks or deflections. With the new scaling, it grants you... +1% to block, deflections and not even 1% to Crit (0.66%). That's hardly anything, if you ask me.

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 5/10/2015 7:29:53 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 59
5/10/2015 12:09:17   
Lord Machaar

^ I'm glad you can see the big picture.
Omega came to close the gap between varium and non-varium players, Before omega, There were arrogant varium players inclusing me who were mad for having less than a 95% win ratio.
Sadly with introducing ranks, the gap went back, since any new player who reaches level 38 will face difficulties. Before when there was rank 60, reaching rank 30 was enough to remain competitive, 30 ranks is the equivalent of 225k experience, not all players are willing to accumulate this huge number of experience in such an imbalanced environement. Now with rank 100 is out, the least rank you have to reach is rank 50, the equivalent of 375k experience.

Not all players are willing to reach this number of experience when ranking system was released two years ago and a bunch of players reached the maximum rank and dominating the field.

I say that the least thing devs can do is creating a balanced environement to play in.

The irony here, for 3 or 4 years, ED balance section on the forums was in flames because of balance, given the fact that players had same levl, same level.
For god sake, what do you expect when clear advantage is given, flat stats, flat damage, what logic is that?

Haters gonna hate. But the game s balance is back on track. And backstabbing new players, who don't use forums, by laying wrong facts here is over, facts like ranks don't give an advantage, is an old trick, that thanks to maths we can prove is wrong and proved is wrong.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/10/2015 12:13:36 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 60
5/10/2015 13:14:14   
Rayman
Banned

Okay I can Confirm that The Legendary Titan Is beatable for a rank 9 Tech Mage, Once Titan is out of energy you win.
The First step is to drain the 20k energy of titan, you don't even need to attack on this stage of the battle, and then just heal loop until you win.
I'm still trying to beat the titan but I better don't because im having internet issues which leads to alot of disconnections, I don't want to get kill when titan is at 1hp. My closest fight was yesterday with titan at 3k HP and then I got a Connection lost.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 5/10/2015 13:15:59 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
5/10/2015 13:33:18   
Variation

^Which is exactly why the amount of extra damage you can do to him with legend ranks becomes extremely irrelevant for most. Another thing is focusing because regardless of one's rank one wrong move at the wrong time and it's game over.
Post #: 62
5/10/2015 13:54:33   
a non varium player

i killed him too. my char "Drogo."
Post #: 63
5/10/2015 14:08:06   
The berserker killer

Now to everyone who has successfully faced him: Did you like the challenge?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 64
5/10/2015 15:54:14   
Rayman
Banned

Its Alright but its all about draining the boss energy and win.

We Need a Legendary Big Tuna Battle, that would be crazy, also a Legendary NW, then we need an ally 2v2 boss battle where we fight Legendary Titan+Legendary Nightwraith.
Also I really don't want anyone who defeated titan to give away builds, I kinda want people to find the way to win without asking for builds atm.
And For TM, Dex Abuse is not the best Build, just saying.
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
5/10/2015 19:36:26   
One Winged Angel1357

Dex abuse is a fun gimmick for TM though and you can't take that away... unless you take all their energy and use yeti chomp
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 66
5/10/2015 19:49:01   
Rayman
Banned

I mean that is not the best build for L 100 Titan.

It steals the same rage as before but now does 85% dmg and they also lowered the energy needed to use the core, it seems fine to me.

And you can discuss that in here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21970676

Please don’t double post ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 5/11/2015 15:09:54 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 67
5/10/2015 21:44:41   
doomkiller98

I dont understand how your not mad at this, there was absolutely no reason whatsover to nerf the core. It's devaluing rares in a game that's already dieing I don't get it.

Removed caps ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 5/11/2015 6:55:35 >
Post #: 68
5/10/2015 23:02:15   
Mother1

@doomkiller98

It still does what it was designed to do. Which is steal rage and add it to your own. So what if they nerfed the damage this core is for effect not damage. That is secondary.
Epic  Post #: 69
5/11/2015 0:07:06   
dfo99

anyway why the chairman fury core price reduce + nerf? it looks senseless.
Post #: 70
5/11/2015 0:28:05   
Ranloth
Banned

Cores with effects often come at a price, which is lower damage. It's pretty much a standard for cores and skills alike - for ones that use %'s. Whereas Yeti Fury deals 105% damage and has an effect, it also has HP requirement hence why there's a leeway in how much damage it deals. The same applies to Adrenaline Rush, Hatchling Rush, Azrael's Will / Torment, some Bots' specials, and so on.

That's why Chairman's Fury had its damage lowered. To make up for it, the cost was reduced. It wasn't a balance issue with the skill directly (being OP), but standardisation - just like Bots were changed to deal the same damage (and fix the power creep). Once a standard is set, you follow it from there on.

Then again, some people didn't consider the power creep with Bots as a balance issue, hence why we have to look at balance objectively - and not go with what people think is best by not following any sort of standards; in other words, having a subjective view on it.

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 5/11/2015 0:32:29 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 71
5/11/2015 11:22:21   
veneeria

This balance change was amazing. The new twist to sidearms introduced a nice and cool layer in terms of strategy and build making! NICE

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
5/14/2015 14:27:17   
The berserker killer

Do they REALLY have to get both a bonus in PVP then an extra bonus Creds &XP for winning? Like seriously? Can we get a bonus for beating low rankers???
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 73
5/14/2015 17:34:56   
.Lord Ginger.

You know, early Omega was fun and better than now. Wouldn't be a problem if there no bad changes

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 5/14/2015 17:35:49 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 74
5/14/2015 18:15:32   
Mother1

@ Lord ginger

the beginning of omega everyone was sporting strength builds. Strength Merc was dominating at the time due to the lack of defensive stats which couldn't keep offensive at bay. While it might have been fun for some it certainly wasn't balanced for anyone who didn't want to be a strength build.
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 8th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.45 (Discussion)
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition