Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= May 8th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.45 (Balance)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> =ED= May 8th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.45 (Balance)
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/8/2015 16:27:38   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

May 8th, 2015
Patch Notes 1.6.45

BALANCE CHANGES:

Along with the normal slew of number adjustments, we’ve made a few deeper changes mainly aimed at balancing high-level matches, namely the Underdog buff and using Legendary Rank when considering matchmaking. We’re also adjusting the power of Strength as a stat in a few key ways.

• Effective Level
    • A lot of changes involve an idea we call your “effective level” or “eLvl” and mainly applies to Legendary players. Basically, we consider each 10 Legendary Ranks you gain to be about equal to 1 level. So if you are Rank 10, your “eLvl” is 41. If you are Rank 78, your eLvl is 47. Since you can spend a maximum of 100 legendary points right now, we cap your eLvl to 50. If you are lower than level 40, your eLvl is the same as your actual level.

• Underdog Buff
    • This is a new buff that will be applied automatically to 1v1 PvP players when they are lower level than their opponent. For every 2 levels (including eLvls), the lower level player will receive +1 to Strength, Dexterity, Technology, and Support. This is not designed to completely even the playing field, just to give lower level players a fighting chance.
      While this will initially only apply to 1v1 matches, we’re considering ways to expand this into 2v2 and Juggernaut.

• Matching
    • eLvl is now considered by matchmaking. It will attempt to match players with similar eLvls before allowing higher level differences. Legendary players can match with non-Legendary players just like before, but the Underdog buff may be applied in this case to compensate.
    • eLvl is now considered for First Strike chance and experience / Credit bonuses for winning against higher level players. This means that an eLvl 41 player will have a greater chance to go first and will get bonus experience and Credits for a win against an eLvl 45 player.
    • Maximum level range for non-Legendary 2v2 matches is now 5, down from 6.

• Gun Damage
    • Gun damage now scales with Dexterity instead of Strength.
    • Because Dexterity provides a number of defensive bonuses, it will scale slower than Primary damage. We’ll be watching to see if adjustments are needed after the patch.

• Primary Damage
    • The amount of Primary Damage per point of Strength has been lowered.
    • For comparison, a player with 100 Strength will do roughly 17 less damage with a normal Strike than before.

• Critical, Block, Deflect chance
    • The minimum chance for these effects is now 0%.
    • This means a high enough stat advantage will reduce your opponent’s chance to crit, block, or deflect to 0. The number of stats required to accomplish this has been increased, however. See below for details.
    • Cores affecting these chances have been buffed to compensate for this change, making them more effective at balancing weaknesses in your build. These cores are still not affected by stats.
    • These Cores can also no longer exceed the maximum chance for these effects to prevent abuse cases.

• Critical chance
    • Minimum chance: 1% ⇒ 0%
    • +1% per 7 Support over opponent ⇒ 7.5 Support

• Block chance
    • Minimum chance: 2% ⇒ 0%
    • 1% per 2.5 Dexterity over opponent ⇒ 5 Dexterity

• Deflect chance
    • Minimum chance: 2% ⇒ 0%
    • 1% per 3 Technology over opponent ⇒ 5 Technology

• Skills
    • Artillery Strike
      • Damage: 200-410 ⇒ 205-430 (+25 per point)
      • Energy cost: +5 at all levels (+10 against 2 opponents)

• Multi-Shot
      • Damage: 200-390 ⇒ 194-410 (+24 per point)

• Plasma Rain
      • Damage: 180-390 ⇒ 183-390 (+23 per point)
      • Energy cost: -5 at all levels (-10 against 2 opponents)

• Skill Cores
    • Ninja Reflexes
      • Block chance: 4% ⇒ 6%

• Deflection Shield
      • Deflect chance: 6% ⇒ 8%

• Primary / Gun / Auxiliary Mastery
      • Critical chance: 4% ⇒ 5%

• Lucky Strike
      • Hit chance: 2% version ⇒ 4%
      • Hit chance: 7% version ⇒ 8%

Armored Roots
      • Defense increase: 25% ⇒ 33%

• Chairman’s Fury
      • Damage: 100% ⇒ 85%
      • Energy cost:110 ⇒ 95

• Concussive Shot
      • Damage: 80 % ⇒ 85%

Curse Aura
      • Curse chance: 13% ⇒ 15%

• Frostbite Aura
      • Frostbite chance: 11% ⇒ 15%

• Jack-O-Fire
      • Damage: 113% ⇒ 115%

• Spirit Thorns
      • Energy cost: 90 ⇒ 0
      • Now useable once per battle

• Yeti Fury
      • Energy Cost: 110 ⇒ 100
      • Damage: 115% ⇒ 105%
      • Now unblockable

• Gamma Fire
      • Damage: 100% ⇒ 105%

• Infernal Overload
      • Maximum Damage: 125% ⇒ 120%

• Azrael's Torment
      • Buff reduction: 65% ⇒ 70%

• Heart Attack
      • Buff reduction: 65% ⇒ 70%

• Cleanse
      • Debuff reduction: 65% ⇒ 70%

Tags: Rabblefroth Patch Notes

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 5/8/2015 18:09:53 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/8/2015 17:14:12   
Lord Machaar

Can't play the game for this week and the next one sadly I can't test this to give a reasonable reply, wish that my phone was able to run ED. but I know for sure that something is better than nothing, this underdog mode will balance the game a little bit. Looking forward for the juggernaut fix.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/8/2015 17:17:18 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
5/8/2015 17:35:53   
Squrwogrona

So first I was really excited with the new 0 bases for crit etc. After a few battles, I got owned by random so much I´m totally pisd off. Alright you "destroyed" str spam, but every battle now takes 15+ turns and its more boring than ever, bcs nearly every turn there is crit, deflect, block. And you broke cyber yeti´s shield again. Also, tried new build of the month (dex tm with high dex, I played with 200+) Underperforms, no blocks, contrary to your claim that stats now matter more... If anything, ED is now just RNG lottery...
Epic  Post #: 3
5/8/2015 20:43:37   
The berserker killer

quote:

every battle now takes 15+ turns and its more boring than ever

Well this is what you guys asked for (not you specifically). People begged more and more until the game is kinda even and every ones almost the same. It makes no sense at all to make everyone even because things just get boring that way.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 4
5/8/2015 20:43:41   
  Exploding Penguin

Fix the title of the post to say may 8th rather than april 8th

"gun damage scales with dex"

Beware dex TM mages now. They will destroy everybody, especially with massively improved scaling on luck factors.

I like the increased scaling and the minimum being 0%, it makes things more fair to the players despite being more random. Now having very little of a stat will get you punished much harder. I never supported guns increasing with dex, but it seems interesting so I'll give it a try out over multiple builds

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 5/8/2015 20:47:18 >
Epic  Post #: 5
5/8/2015 21:06:02   
dfo99

this patch was suggested by a dex tm player?
Post #: 6
5/8/2015 21:25:42   
shadow.bane

dex mages are still weak , i faced one with rank higher then me like 35 - 36 am only rank 28 (am a dex bh) i totally owned him .
it's trust me now it's fixed more then ever . but there is some few bugs need to be fixed .

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/8/2015 23:20:27   
Silver Sky Magician

I gotta say, this balance patch is simply awesome! My old build was rendered obsolete, but now I'm rocking it with a brand new one ;)

*Ahem* Right, back to topic. STR builds have been given a much-needed nerf, but are still very much competitive. Build variety has drastically improved - with guns scaling with dex, one need not either go for STR or focus-TECH spam for adequate damage. Perhaps the most surprising (and welcome) change is legendary ranks - instead of nerfing them per se, which was widely expected, better matchmaking was introduced, which greatly alleviated the balance issues while still giving legendary ranks their due power. Underdog mode is cool, but I doubt it makes a difference - still, no harm done and it's a further bulwark against balance issues due to ranks. The luck factor balances were also a nice touch.

A few things, though. Dex TMs may need to be monitored - on paper they are formidable, but the dearth of TMs so far may indicate that they're more balanced in reality. Separately, I'm not sure why Yeti Fury is now unblockable (the damage nerf is compensated by the energy cost decrease), but anyway Hawk Guardian and Exile/Legion Strike should also be made unblockable to align with it. Juggernaut still needs fixing - perhaps the Juggernaut could have a buffed version of underdog mode.

Nonetheless, this patch has definitely exceeded our already high expectations. Great work, balance team!

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 5/8/2015 23:24:20 >
Post #: 8
5/9/2015 5:14:54   
Ranloth
Banned

Hawk Guardian and Legion/Exile Strike are already unblockable, so. We've had few people wanting Yeti to be unblockable too, but it was good when blockable already, hence why it got a nerf-buff (unblockable and lower cost, but less damage).

Dex builds will be watched. The only ones causing issues are Dex TMs, and I was well aware of that during testing - hence why ended up with DR (Diminishing Returns) giving you +1 damage per 1 Strength, at over 85 Strength - it's as slow as it can get. We didn't want to spow it down earlier and further weaken the Gun damage, because it'd target normal users and not abusers - so for now, we will see if there are truly no ways to beat Dex TMs (including the luck changes being taken into account; if you're a tank build, Dex builds should technically be unable to Crit against you - assuming they have Base Support and you have around 50-60 - and possibly low chance to Deflect, or none at all if you're running a very high Tech build; you can then Deflect their Gun). Alternatively the cores were also buffed, so they may work a bit better against abusers - they will always increase your minimum chance, and be used as the minimum if the stat difference got you as low as being unable to block. Not exceeding the cap is something I'm very happy to see going through, because it only broke these effects with stat abusers - whilst cores like these should only be used to cover flaws in your build, not strengthen something that's too strong already.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
5/9/2015 5:50:41   
Darkwing

About dex mage. They need the battery so they can use overlord or plasma rain often. If you time your energy steal right after they used battery, they should not be hard.

Heck a simple CH 5 focus takes like 50 or more energy.

And since block also got a nerf, they will block you less often.

Energy weapons can also help. I see many dex TM with rather low resistance, or not that good.

Poison builds also help with them since they tend to have low health.

The Bm dex needs good points in support to use that parasite, but even that doesn't help if none has energy.

I think the dex mage is now on par with support merc or TLM. They have crits, multi, bazooka, chance to go first, faster rage, skills like intimidate and blood commander. Dex mage has gun. multi, overlord and better defense but with lower health.

I want to try a dex tm with high health, see if that works better then the one with low health.

Post #: 10
5/9/2015 6:45:23   
RageSoul

DEX scaling of damage for Sidearms = STR scaling of damage for Sidearms .
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/9/2015 9:21:25   
Ranloth
Banned

@RageSoul
Apart from the fact it's not.

DEX's scaling: 0.6 Dex for +1 damage below 55 Dex -> 0.8 Dex for +1 damage at 55 Dex, until -> 1 Dex for +1 damage at 85 Dex and above.
STR's scaling: 0.5 Str for +1 damage below 55 Str -> 0.65 Str for +1 damage at 55 Str, until -> 0.85 Str for +1 damage at 85 Str and above.

@below
TLM's Atom Smasher is unblockable, though - has been for at least a month now.

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 5/9/2015 12:08:56 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
5/9/2015 9:23:38   
Luna_moonraider

quote:

dex mages are still weak , i faced one with rank higher then me like 35 - 36 am only rank 28 (am a dex bh) i totally owned him .
it's trust me now it's fixed more then ever . but there is some few bugs need to be fixed .

The only counter to a dex mage now is ch/bh and Bm because well their energy drain is not blockable. what about other classes merc and TLM are at the short end of the stick.

quote:

I think the dex mage is now on par with support merc or TLM. They have crits, multi, bazooka, chance to go first, faster rage, skills like intimidate and blood commander. Dex mage has gun. multi, overlord and better defense but with lower health.

Wrong. dex mages also have guess what a tech steroid which makes them even more deadly cause now they cant get deflects if they turn on the tech steroid which oh improves with oh let me think DEX. Do take note the energy cost for plasma rain is now a wee bit lesser than arty strike. rage can be blocked/neutralized if the opponent times his/her azreal gun active. oh simple just get rid of their energy than see point above TLM and mercs are at the short end of this cause guess what their energy drain is oh BLOCKABLE.

quote:

I want to try a dex tm with high health, see if that works better then the one with low health.

oh hell yeah it be better cause with higher health u can HEAL LOOP

Now for my opinion on the patch.

Well the rise of heal looping dex mages is unavoidable. spam core energy reduction,heal cooldown reduction and use azreal gun(those without azreal gun too bad so sad/just wait till next year) hope u block like hell and heal when needed and battle goes on for ages if u vs another dex heal loop mage. woo thx devs thx so much for making heal loop even crazier. age of dex build. dex TLM should be fun XD.

EDIT: ops outdated my bad haha so mercs are the only class which are at the short end of the stick i guess.

Also: Dex bh hard counters those Pure dex build mages as in max LB and max PR dex mages but not all dex mages go this route.

Double multi build is very painful i guess. Dage gun,multi boom pain in 2v2

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 5/9/2015 12:35:59 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 13
5/9/2015 9:44:47   
Silver Sky Magician

^

TLM's Atom Smasher is unblockable btw.

EDIT: Bah, got ninja'ed by Ranloth.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 5/9/2015 9:45:55 >
Post #: 14
5/9/2015 11:41:08   
dfo99

a huge amount of balances where nobody ask and the simply removable cores option suported by a lot of players was ignored. what the hell is wrong dudes?
Post #: 15
5/9/2015 11:49:55   
Mother1

@ dfo99

A lot of those changes were suggested by the players themselves.

The buff to the Assault bot cleanse? Was asked for in the past by the masses

Changing guns to dex? Another change that was asked for.

The buff to the lucky strike cores? Was asked for my players

Heck even the removal of mins for blocks and deflections was asked for way back in delta.

Epic  Post #: 16
5/9/2015 12:38:26   
Alkimos
Banned

quote:

TLM's Atom Smasher is unblockable btw.

But what about Mercenary's Static Smash? So someone who abuses a stat can win because of multiple blocks?

< Message edited by Alkimos -- 5/9/2015 12:39:38 >
Epic  Post #: 17
5/9/2015 13:11:24   
Squrwogrona

Well, I cooled off, just bad luck with perma special effects... though long battles are unecessary now imo. Just lets do squat for 20 turns, then fire up android and get a kill... dex bh is now at least viable build to play, support merc/tac the same, and FINALLY more xp for defeating a higher rank. Support finally does its job. This is kind of balance update that should´ve come last year. Better late than never though.
Epic  Post #: 18
5/9/2015 13:20:16   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

then fire up android and get a kill...

With all these damage nerfs to Str and Guns (since they deal less damage on Dex, than they did on Str), IA also received a small nerf to make up for it - namely capping at 120% instead of 125%. It's not a huge difference, but should also be noticable.
AQ Epic  Post #: 19
5/9/2015 13:46:31   
Lord Machaar

That's something rabblefroth didn't mention.
MQ Epic  Post #: 20
5/9/2015 13:51:41   
Ranloth
Banned

But... it's in the Patch Notes?;
quote:

• Infernal Overload
    • Maximum Damage: 125% ⇒ 120%
  • AQ Epic  Post #: 21
    5/9/2015 14:05:08   
    Lord Machaar

Gotta be the hype of underdog mode.
    MQ Epic  Post #: 22
    5/9/2015 17:16:27   
    Rayman
    Banned

Wait the max chance to block is still 35%? and ninja reflexes can no longer get over the max block chance of 35%? Up to 41%.?
    AQW Epic  Post #: 23
    5/9/2015 17:25:07   
    Ranloth
    Banned

Yes, max chance for any of the effects remain unchanged. Cores, however, cannot exceed the cap anymore and it's reflected in their descriptions too (max x%). This is to prevent some builds abusing cores, such as current Dex TM hype - 160 Dex or so + Ninja Reflexes, which could result in blocking a lot of the time and I personally didn't like cores exceeding the cap either, because they only made things more luck-based (+ the build pretty much guarantees max blocking chance vs. a standard build + you're unable to block).
    AQ Epic  Post #: 24
    5/9/2015 17:50:35   
    Squrwogrona

Seems to me that energy control wise (excluding cores, i. e. piston and shards) bh takes the cake in later turns. Renders static smash, battery and static charge useless. Seen a few builds on bh just spam poison and static, wait for android to charge up and bam. These kinds of builds really kill the mood, but they always been there in some form. Just makes me rage (pun intended).
    Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> =ED= May 8th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.45 (Balance)
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition