Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Massacre Need To Be Overlooked

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Massacre Need To Be Overlooked
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/14/2015 17:32:16   
.Lord Ginger.

We are being punished, it's bull.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
5/14/2015 19:10:35   
Introduce

that's the thing, people can easily just copy your build, to make the game 'balanced' there needs to be things that differentiates good players from bad players, more-so than now.
Epic  Post #: 27
5/14/2015 20:18:43   
The berserker killer

Trust me, there are a ton of builds yet to be released to the public that would make PVP fun again but players aren't going to release them if devs continue "punishing" us
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 28
5/14/2015 22:08:22   
.Lord Ginger.

When Glass Cannon CH was finally release, here came the balance team that wrecked it. STOP FOCUSING MAKING EVERYONE EQUAL! IT NEVER WORKS. THE BEST WAS EARLY OMEGA UNTIL YOU JACKED IT UP WITH THIS PASSIVE REMOVAL GARBAGE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH Y'ALL?!
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
5/15/2015 6:31:19   
shadow.bane

hahahaha nailed it berserker :p
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
5/15/2015 16:19:57   
Alphaeus

I have been watching this game (and playing) for years, and here is the cycle I have noticed ---

1) The devs make a change.
2) The good players come up with awesome builds using the change.
3) The bad players get their butts kicked.
4) The bad players complain about the power of the good players' builds.
5) The devs go in and make a hack job of nerfing and buffing randomly, or make poorly tested updates.
6) The result is that certain builds end up being OP, even for good players, while other builds become extinct (or nearly so).
7) The good players recommend a reversal of certain changes, or alternatives that will yeild the same effect as it used to be.
8) The poor players complain even more about the builds that are still OP.
9) The devs listen to the poor players and continue nerfing, buffing, and making poorly tested updates.
10) And it just keeps going on....and on...and on....

I remember back in Gamma, I could use a massacre/bloodlust/smoke/cheapshot build with ease, and (converting to Omega numbers, not Gamma ones) could do over 700 damage sometimes with massacre. Now I dont use mass anymore, cuz it is insane, esp for CH.
For a BH, if you want to still do a smoke, mark o' blood, and mass build, you have to have at least 1k MP. If you put Generator core on with mostly resist armor, and have a good Static grenade, you might be able to get away with 800. Since Static charge of CH is somewhat inferior to the Static grenade of BH, they need to have at least 900 for that.
I personally still love massacre, and cheer every time I see someone pull it off successfully (which is extremely rare). The problem is, if you dump enough stats into MP to be able to do it, you will end up crippling yourself more than if you just did without massacre...which is a crying shame.

The best option would not be to lower the cost of massacre. It's cost is in the general range of most super-skills, so I am not concerned about that now. What I would like to see is a change in stat-nerfing skils.
Right now, a maxxed Smoke or Malf costs 200-300 MP (I will have to check later), and lowers their target stats by about 35-40 points. The problem is, a lvl 3 Dex-boost or Tech-boost only costs a little over 100 MP and boosts by 35-40 points. A lvl 1 or 2 shield will boost def or resist MORE than the nerf lowered it (usually. Depending on stats, lvl 3 might be required, but not more).
Am I the only one who sees this as whacked out?

Since shields serve a slightly different function, and do not fix the stat (which might affect skills), it might be OK for them to be left as they are.

If nerfs and boosts were made equal, however, I think that would change the dynamics. Namely, I think nerf skills should be buffed to match boosts (instead of nerfing boosts, which would only make both of them useless).
Mark of blood is valuable, and perhaps should retain its high cost. I do agree, though, that it should increase with support, instead of being fixxed.

If those two changes were made, I think the Massacre builds would be back in business.

Just a thought.
Post #: 31
5/15/2015 18:20:52   
Mother1

@ Alphaeus

more like

1) A powerful build comes out
2) Players copy this build until it becomes overused
3) The players who don't want to use this build/ get beat by this build due to it more than likely being their bane build complain
4) The staff eventually nerfs said build or moves with said build
5) A formerly underpowered or balanced build becomes more powerful due to the old builds that kept in in checked getting nerfed.
6) Repeat steps 1-5

It is nothing knew within the game and this cycle as it stands will never be broken without the game itself getting a complete Jenny Jones make over.
Epic  Post #: 32
5/15/2015 18:24:57   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

quote:

Trust me, there are a ton of builds yet to be released to the public

I'm sorry, what? How are builds not publicly available? You just click the player, go to their build/skills page.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
5/15/2015 18:57:16   
shadow.bane

@Digital x

she means that the builds exist but no one knows about them till the user come up and say i made goof % with it than people start copying it . just like what happened to me , people laughed at my build cause it was focus when strength was op , i said i made 90 % + with it , then loads of people start copying and even some said that that they made it :p .

< Message edited by shadow.bane -- 5/15/2015 19:05:25 >

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
5/15/2015 22:43:31   
The berserker killer

True, there are builds that players just haven't found out yet but players are deliberately hiding revolutionary builds because of the same steps mother mentioned in her last comment. I'm not going to make something public if devs will Nerf it. Thats not right and so builds will stay hidden. The point in trying to make here is that we continue to get punished for making good builds yet this time the devs have ended up nerfing so much that they have crossed the line and indirectly needed one of the three Ultimate Skills: Massacre. Massacre, itself, needs a buff.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 35
5/17/2015 18:52:04   
.Lord Ginger.

Because no other class NEEDS to dump points into ENERGY to do their Ultimate well, Surgical and Super both heal, massacre doesn't do anything. MOB+Smoke+Mass=low def/res/hp
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Massacre Need To Be Overlooked
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition