Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mark of Blood and FireBall

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Mark of Blood and FireBall
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/15/2015 9:18:19   
The berserker killer

I would like to suggest two things. First:

-Making Mark of Blood scale with support. What I mean by this is that the total amount of HP regain isn't just a set standard, instead it will increase with support. This will be an indirect buff to Bounty hunters being that their only incentive to invest points in support is there Static Grenade.

Secondly:

- I would like to suggest that the Blood Mage skill Fireball also scale with support. With the recent nerf to strength, the various builds created to incorporate Fireball into a PVP match have ceased to be efficient. I don't just mean that I'm no longer getting a 99% win ratio out of 100 matches. I mean that I only won 24/100 matches now after this nerf. I have truly and wholeheartedly spent over 500,000 credits experimenting with different versions of that build and the most effective version has just been shot to poop. By allowing Fireball to scale with Support, Focus BloodMages will be able to incorporate it into their build and it will be able to be fully utilized.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
5/15/2015 9:26:43   
Introduce

Focus build
Epic  Post #: 2
5/15/2015 9:47:54   
The berserker killer

Yea it seems as if focus builds is what ED is trying to move to, given the fact that they are diverse in the sense that they utilize nearly all the stats in succession. What this will do is add to that diversity.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
5/15/2015 11:27:56   
Rogue Ninja

As a Bountyhunter, I believe Mark of Blood is already good as it is. Maybe Fireball getting a change would work since it doesn't make sense increasing with the strength stat.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/15/2015 12:44:47   
The berserker killer

Thanks for the reply. Well the thing is that should Mark of Blood increase with support, their hp regain could in fact surpass that of which it is now when using a focus build. That would make up for the turn that your strongest moves such as Aux or Robot are on cooldown.

Edit: My point exactly. Fireball scaling with strength is obsolete and useless at the moment. It should definitely scale with support.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/15/2015 12:45:45 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
5/15/2015 18:50:10   
  Exploding Penguin

Fireball should definitely be moved to support. The class would actually have extremely viable support synergy then, with the high support requirement on energy parasite, and 4 skills (3 currently very useful, fireball will possibly also become useful) that scale with support.
Epic  Post #: 6
5/15/2015 22:45:23   
The berserker killer

My thoughts exactly. This skill should not scale with anything besides support.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
5/15/2015 22:52:05   
Ranloth
Banned

We have few ideas in mind, since the skill is clearly underused and we are considering ways of buffing or adjusting it.

Current ideas are, but not restricted to:
- Making it scale with two stats. Strength and Support?
- Moving it to Dex, and making Multi improve with Strength - however, we'd need new art for the Multi which means it'd have to wait for who knows how long. (to differentiate Fireball from Bludgeon, and give Str an unblockable skill too & Dex would have a Staff build (Staves finally useful!) in form of Overload and Fireball)
- This thread. Although, I'm not fully for it myself due to amount of good skills that improve with Support already.

Ideas welcome. But keep them reasonable and justified - clear ideas are usually the best ones.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
5/15/2015 23:03:26   
Introduce

what i meant was this will just encourage focus builds moreso
Epic  Post #: 9
5/16/2015 8:02:28   
The berserker killer

Im just not sure about it scaling with strength or even dex because that would encourage start abuse builds with little to no draw back and it would be way less diverse in builds as opposed to scaling with support. Tech might not be a bad idea but, then again, that seems like a huge and unnecessary buff to focus builds who already have 101+35 tech. They will then have fireball, bot, and aux on repeat when they incorporate in parasite.

With the skill improving with support players can merely use this skill as an accessory, as skilled should be used, rather than the basis of their build.

Besides: The amount of skills that increase with support are all defensive and effect moves like Para or intim. An offensive move would be quite useful and will definitely encourage variability.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/16/2015 8:05:48 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
5/16/2015 9:34:04   
shadow.bane

i don't think that fireball should be scaled with support cause it will be just like tactical mercenaries , like (support blood mage goes like : aux, fireball, parasite and on again) it will be spammable

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/16/2015 11:19:34   
The berserker killer

Sure that can happen, but keep in mind that the most successful % builds for tactical merc are the focus builds. Any build for any class where you tank a certain stat has a major weakness. If you tank support youre going to have no defenses and, with the way the game is now, no defenses can render you completely unable to connect a single strike or no tech will make everything deflectable. What makes tlm so difficult is the fact that it has an unblockable DOT attack which completely wrecks tanks since the only counter is heal (which cant be spammed).

If anything, fireball scaling with support is the best option. It cant be spammed since it has a pretty high cost, can be perfectly incorporated into all builds, and it has a staff requirement which means less stats.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
5/17/2015 21:04:10   
.Lord Ginger.

Fireball yes for supp. MOB No because more HP regen w/ burst skills and murdering str completely. Then +, that's 1 skill in BM list w/ strength
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
5/19/2015 6:06:11   
Striker44

Fireball is incredible underpowered ,less damage than the primary with energy consumption it's a joke

< Message edited by Striker44 -- 5/19/2015 6:08:56 >
Post #: 14
5/19/2015 12:22:27   
Variation

@TBK: Fireball improving with support would be fine as long as the scaling is kept in check. I cannot support Mark of Blood improving with support because if it did the skill's default values would most likely have to be lowered (to prevent mass abuse from higher support builds) unless the scaling factor is so low one would gain little benefit. With that being said if Mark of Blood's default values were lowered due to the compensation support would give to it builds that have little use for support would suffer. In that case diversity would take a hit.

In my opinion, a massive Reflex Boost buff would be far more beneficial compared to a Mark of Blood buff (which would lead to a massive diversity hit if done incorrectly). I don't want to go into too much elaboration on Reflex Boost(which is a completely usable skill, just in need of attention due to the classes it's on) because this is your thread and not mine.
Post #: 15
5/19/2015 16:42:15   
The berserker killer

Yes of course, it should definitely be kept in check which is something Im hoping will happen when/if devs begin testing. Thanks for the feedback on Mark Of Blood also, I thought it might be a stretch of a suggestion especially due to the fact that it would attack diversity in the long run.

I love your idea on the reflex boost buff as I've actually been testing out reflex boost with a support/dex build and Overload. What I noticed was that the 4 turn shield was beneficial however with the amount of support I was using it was still a little on the weak side. I even tried using the skill more as a "support" skill in critical situations as a Bounty Hunter and yet it still was unable to make a difference on my stun grenade or my multi whereas a buff like technician is able to use efficiently for anything (maybe due to the fact that the skill increases with a far useful stat).

Im not saying "make reflex boost scale with tech" because support is actually a really useful, fun, and interesting stat. I'm saying that reflex boost could definitely use a buff.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 16
5/21/2015 18:42:28   
.Lord Ginger.

I've even talked to Alley Cat about this a month or two ago, Hopefully it will get fixed, lol. Underused and STR is awful now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/27/2015 12:26:15   
SS

Maybe just ditch strength as obsolete and useless and play with only 3 stats? And the "Strike" move too, since all non-strength builds hate it anyway.
Post #: 18
5/27/2015 12:28:56   
The berserker killer

^^ That would kill diversity
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 19
5/27/2015 12:49:36   
SS

Diversity was killed when strength was nerfed beyond usability, discarding it would just be a cleanup, removing unnecessary and unused things from the game.
Post #: 20
5/27/2015 13:03:09   
The berserker killer

I can't deny that statement, but i'd prefer not to get rid of it completely. The devs seriously underestimate the power and effect that one single stat would have on PVP and I hate that. No offence to the testers, we seriously either need more testers or better ones
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Mark of Blood and FireBall
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition