Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Venom Strike

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Venom Strike
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/15/2015 11:27:28   
Wox.SA

Don't you guys hate when you lose a battle because the poison does not kill? Atleast I do, I think the Venom Strike is pretty much useless since it only ''HAS TO'' do damage once, ofc it can do damage over those 3 rounds if you use it right but poison should do the damage it says it does and should be able to kill.
If you think it would be too Over Powered, You could make it deal 50% of normal damage instead of 85% when you apply it.

Moved to ED Balance. ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 5/16/2015 9:45:40 >

Iniquitous
Epic  Post #: 1
5/15/2015 11:30:26   
Ranloth
Banned

Poison not killing your opponent is also an engine limitation, due to how it's coded in the engine - which checks it after your turn begins (and takes HP away), rather than checking after your opponent's turn is over but before your begins.

It was suggested before, was brought up with the Devs, and won't be happening due to the above.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
5/15/2015 13:37:02   
Wox.SA

Coding it otherwise is possible you know, I don't think it would take too long either. Pretty stupid to make the engine like that so it checks it before instead of checking after the opponents turn.

Iniquitous
Epic  Post #: 3
5/15/2015 13:51:24   
Ranloth
Banned

Yeah, and it would've been done in the past already if it was that easy - battle engine was recoded from scratch even, when Omega was released (since that was the whole point of Omega; technical debt). Is it possible to do that in Flash? Yes. Is it possible to code it into the current battle engine? It isn't, without doing a major overhaul to how DoT (effect) works, how HP/EP works, and how the code (skill) would work with DoT (effect).

You'd have to update the engine, which is really low priority for minor stuff like these. AQClassic has been doing minor engine updates for a while, but they are really minor, and happen every few months. It's easier to do it there, because AQClassic is a single-player game - unlike ED, which is a PvP MMO; these are always a bit harder to work around in.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
5/15/2015 17:17:13   
Wox.SA

I don't really know why you are answering lol. Let the mods etc read this and if they think its a good idea bring it up to the devs :)

Iniquitous
Epic  Post #: 5
5/15/2015 17:22:10   
One Winged Angel1357

@Wox.SA Ranloth is a tester and writer so if someone were to bring it up to the dev's he would be on that list
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Venom Strike
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition