Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Botting Card

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Botting Card
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/19/2015 17:23:14   
  Exploding Penguin

An item that is distributed for free to every player once every week. A person cannot be affected by this item more than once per hour. Can be purchased from vendbots for 2500 credits.

Basically, use it on a specific player (you have to see them in-battle, not on the world map to ensure that this is used on people who can be called botters) and force them to type one captcha in after the battle ends. This shuts down people suspected of botting, but the restrictions make it barely troublesome to regular players who are tested by the card by accident. This also can't really be used to bully players because it can only be used in a random PvP match and one person can only be prompted by the card for the captcha once every hour.

This removes the need to sift through reports of botters and check for evidence. If someone doesn't respond to the captcha within 10 minutes their username is tagged and the staff view that username to double check for botting.
Epic  Post #: 1
5/20/2015 5:32:50   
Thylek Shran

Alot players would use it to annoy and discredit other players. Especially when they loose the duel.
DF Epic  Post #: 2
5/20/2015 12:19:50   
Rogue Ninja

Why not just bring back the old battle captcha back? It was really useful preventing botters to do their deeds.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/20/2015 12:30:59   
Ranloth
Banned

^ But it really wasn't. There were ways around it - no matter how inconvenient it was for them, it was possible and captchas just weren't working as intended (to stop botters).
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
5/20/2015 15:55:30   
Rogue Ninja

^How about when they jumbled up the skills in battle every turn? I thought that helped too.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/20/2015 19:07:02   
  Exploding Penguin

I considered this, which is why I put some restrictions on it. Putting in 1 captcha an hour at max isn't that painful at all. Additionally, if people want to spam it to annoy you they have to buy more after the free one they're given every week, which some might consider not worth investing in just to annoy people.
Epic  Post #: 6
5/21/2015 0:27:44   
Ranloth
Banned

Shuffling skills wasn't really working either, and was more of an inconvenience legit players. I'm giving you the actual reasons for their removal (from the Devs) - not my opinion, mind you.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
5/21/2015 0:32:24   
Mother1

If they started shuffling skills to try and combat botters one of the side effects of this would be the whiteout core would get an indirect buff from this.

Anyone using white out with this change would be able to hit their opponent with a 100% uncounterable attack for a few turns.
Epic  Post #: 8
5/21/2015 17:39:40   
Elite Tuga

ED is turning into a nasty un-loyal, unvalued and exploited, no fun type of game with all these obvious botters (especially on 1v1).

I approve of this idea or any as long as we can see botters diminish.

quote:

Anyone using white out with this change would be able to hit their opponent with a 100% uncounterable attack for a few turns.

I wouldn't care.. We have to compromise sometimes and it would be worth the sacrifice, to see botters reduce.

P S: Just hope Dev's and MOD's bother to actually do something about the situation (doesn't look like they have tried at all as of yet).

< Message edited by Elite Tuga -- 5/21/2015 17:59:52 >

Epic  Post #: 9
5/21/2015 18:01:10   
Mother1

@ Elite Tuga

Fighting completely blind with no form of counter in a game that is supposed to be planning based would make many players furious especially if they lose because of this. While bots are an issue for some they aren't so much of an issue that we need to make the game luck based in any shape of form due to a core that is in game.
Epic  Post #: 10
5/21/2015 18:43:20   
Elite Tuga

Its only that core, we don't have any other ATM, so it's not a big deal. I'm more worried about the game as a 'WHOLE', if we have botters increasing in numbers everyday how will this game attract new players & maintain well overall!?..

New and old players will be put off from trying hard to achieve accomplishments in game (leading to inactivity) since game it's self loses value as any botter/cheater can do anything he/she pleases with ease, it's disgusting thus it's a big issue if one has a 'right set of mind' they can see that. Needs action taken!
Epic  Post #: 11
5/21/2015 18:44:51   
.Lord Ginger.

This game is already broken in pvp and botters. A botting card wouldn't do much.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
5/21/2015 19:03:32   
Elite Tuga

quote:

This game is already broken in pvp and botters. A botting card wouldn't do much.

If we act all pessimist, then ED staff won't do anything about the situation. We need anything, as it's better than nothing, bro.
Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Botting Card
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition