Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= May 19th, 2015 - Epic Artist Showcase: Deuce

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 19th, 2015 - Epic Artist Showcase: Deuce
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/19/2015 20:49:18   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

May 19th, 2015
Epic Artist Showcase: Deuce

This Friday, we are excited to introduce our first in a series of artist showcase shops! This week, we'll be featuring Guest Artist: Deuce! This mysterious warrior, tired and weathered from years of torment and battle, recently arrived in a remote and forgotten portion of Delta V!

In the old, forgotten Minestation, Deuce wanders, looking for clues to his mysterious arrival and the cause of his lack of memories of his past.

Speak with him to assist him is a series of brutally challenging missions (created with the assistance of Guest Writer Ranloth) or partake in his shop of signature items. Deuce somehow found time in the Void to handcraft these items and they all reflect his unique style. At least, that's his story. He may have "borrowed" them from some fellow travellers in the Void.

If you're feeling tough, you can challenge Deuce to a 1-on-1 battle for new boss achievement!

He won't give up this achievement easily -- his mind may be clouded, but his skills in battle are razor-sharp! He may have a weakness, though.

Be sure to say, "Hi" to Deuce if you see his real persona in game.
Again, this is the first of several Guest Artist showcase shops this summer! Our Guest Artists and Guest Writers have contributed so much to EpicDuel since the programs inception. They make these releases with loads of quality content possible. It has been truly inspiring to watch their progress as artists and writers through the weeks, months, and (in some cases) years since they joined the team. We are truly thankful for all of their hard work and tireless dedication to building the world of Delta V!

Legendary Update Update

This Friday, we'll be tying up loose ends from the Legendary update with balance improvement, bug fixes, and a hearty update to the Legendary shops!

Tags: Nightwraith
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/19/2015 21:03:11   
Lord Machaar

Hope there is something worth buying from all of the "coreless" weapons in his inventory.
I can buy any weapon with a good core, no matter how it looks, but not vice versa. I hope Deuce have spent sometime on his art set to make them worth buying.

Excited for a new decent NPC that is open for everyone to fight, a hard mission chain? Just in time with all the balance changes, I think now is the right time of hardcore missions.

Also I still have a question, the central station war is coming next friday also? or the one after it?
Can't wait for this war to end, and the current war system gets tweaked or revamped to give both alignements a fair chance to win it.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/19/2015 21:06:43 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
5/20/2015 1:50:11   
toannghe1997

I am fine with coreless weapons, the reason why most people don't like buying coreless weapon despite its good look seems to be the high upgrade cost and not the core perk itself. Plus, winning by using a special core ( outside of those the vendbot offers ) seems pretty cheap to me. Then again, that is what makes this game so complex.
Post #: 3
5/20/2015 2:13:37   
Introduce

I'm fine with buying a coreless wep but not aux or sidearm
Epic  Post #: 4
5/20/2015 6:19:38   
SouL Prisoner

lol. So many good artist came to ED and none got their own NPC, but Deuce is 1st timer and got it in the 1st attempt!!?? LOL??

Trizzz was wayyyy better.. He's collection is the best. (No offense bro) everyone's got their taste.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/20/2015 6:21:09   
Darkwing

The tommy gun, that's great, wanted a gun like that. But too bad, the Azrael gun core is so good I can't miss it in PVP, it wins me battles.
Post #: 6
5/20/2015 6:39:48   
Ranloth
Banned

Showcases are decided on time availability (in terms of who has theirs first) and not necessarily the skill... Considering a few of us are still at school / College, there are exams going on and they are unable to get their showcase ready this early.

Besides, they are creating their NPCs. Every item in their shop, their battle NPC and the world view - it's all created by them themselves. Not by the Devs. Deuce had his ready for May, whilst some others have theirs in June / July / etc. I don't think we should delay releases for a "better" Artist to go first, when we can just roll them out gradually based on Artists' available time to complete all the tasks necessary for their showcase.

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 5/20/2015 6:43:50 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
5/20/2015 8:04:53   
Lord Machaar

I'm fine with using a coreless armor, because I'm already using one and I use vendbot cores in this case, but for the aux, dread auxs are irreplaceable, same with azrael gun, and the celtic ofcourse. So, if I'm going to buy a coreless aux/armor/sidearm, it should be pretty banging because then I will be replacing a 2/3% winning ratio for that weapon.
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
5/20/2015 8:41:20   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

^Same, I'm content with the cores I have at the moment, seem to do alright. Would love a suit type armour to go with the tommy gun.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/20/2015 9:38:08   
toannghe1997

Those that don't play dragon fable won't get this but... is it just me or does Deuce look like a chickencow ? :r
Edit : wait a minute... tech weapons of AWE... he REALLY COULD BE FROM Lore O_O... how the heck did he get here, epicduel has the same timeline as mechquest!!!

< Message edited by toannghe1997 -- 5/20/2015 9:45:13 >
Post #: 10
5/20/2015 9:41:07   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Heh, he does a bit yeah.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/20/2015 10:00:45   
The berserker killer

Well the thing that I'm liking more about coreless weapons is that they're not just coming out with our average weapons anymore. They're coming out with Unique coreless weapons. Bareknuckle gear, blade of awe, tommy gun, those are a bit unique to me and when I finish upgrading them and throwing cores on them I'm definitely going to use them.

What I would like to see though is more cores inside vendbot. Now listen for a second, I know creating new cores are hard but what about keeping the same core and changing the art? What I mean by this is simply taking Meteor Strike, keep the same effect, but replace the Meteors with something like Red Hearts for Valentines day, or Eggs for easter, Rocks for earth day, etc. I mean those are more cores vendbot has by just simply changing the art and keeping the same effect. Now this might be hard, but it wont be as hard as coding an entire new core with an entire new effect.
Guys please tell me if you like the idea above

Now I haven't come up with an "easier" idea for the gun and aux cores yet but I will soon! Rest assured.

Also it seems that players would like to see new skills. Skills that would be unique to classes. Now, granted that this isn't a perfect idea I think this is an absolute great one. Creating new skills must be as hard as creating cores so what I would like to suggest that instead of creating new skills for evolved classes why not recycle skills from NPCS. Some of the skills from NPCs can be implemented into several classes, including ultimates. I would like to eventually see unique skills like Black Abyss' and Davarril get implemented into some of these classes. It would mean a lot if you guys could take some time, look at their animation, and decide which skills can be swapped/moved around. I am pretty sure that you will notice that a lot of their skills actually scale similarly to our skills so it should not be a huge problem.

Overall, I gotta say that I am excited for Friday, especially for the additions to legendary mode. I mean players aren't completely bored given the fact that PVP is more "balanced" (personally I think its unfair but that's just me) and Legendary Titan is still a challenge to over more than 90% of the database. Yea, those may seem simple but players are occupied and as a developer that is something that you want your players to be while you come up with new ideas.

Once again, what would really keep players occupied for a legitimately LONG TIME is kill streak cheevos with a max tier of 200 wins in a row but your highest number is still recorded. What I mean by that is that 200 wins will get you the highest rated cheevo, Max Rank, however your highest number (should it exceed 200) will still be recorded

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/20/2015 10:14:33 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
5/20/2015 10:15:30   
Mother1

@TBK

I remember that suggestion you made and to be honest cores like Meteor strike already have several versions.

Jack o fire
Thorn assault
Bacon rain

ETC

are all different looking versions of one another so for that core where we have burst damage moves we have more than enough.

Energy shot and the other cores however don't have as many so core that only have one or two versions wouldn't be all that bad but still they should also focus on new non promo locked cores as well.
Epic  Post #: 13
5/20/2015 10:18:22   
The berserker killer

Yeaa I noticed that those cores are versions of them but they should definitely be sellable in vendbot for all players. If they sold them in vendbot that would be absolutely awesome.

A different version of energy shot/conccusive shot etc would be pretty cool
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
5/20/2015 10:48:21   
8x

I'm wondering how the tommy gun will look when firing it. And also, will it have to be smaller to fit on the characters leg? I get the feeling that it might look weird.

That AK looks more like an auxiliary. I wouldn't mind seeing some more simple and slim auxes. Most of the auxes are just fat bazookas.

quote:

^Same, I'm content with the cores I have at the moment, seem to do alright. Would love a suit type armour to go with the tommy gun.

You have two suit type armours in your inventory.

quote:

lol. So many good artist came to ED and none got their own NPC, but Deuce is 1st timer and got it in the 1st attempt!!?? LOL??

Trizzz was wayyyy better.. He's collection is the best. (No offense bro) everyone's got their taste.

But you must admit that this guy is extremely original. I mean, just look at all those items. I don't think I have ever seen any guns that look like that and those weapons of awe, just wow... Tommy gun, AK... how ever did he come up with such names? Sheer brilliance.

< Message edited by 8x -- 5/20/2015 10:58:11 >
Epic  Post #: 15
5/20/2015 11:00:48   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Hmm. The helm does somewhat look like that of a chicken cow.. Interesting design choice. I'll have to check em out.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
5/20/2015 12:17:06   
Lord Machaar

quote:

But you must admit that this guy is extremely original. I mean, just look at all those items. I don't think I have ever seen any guns that look like that and those weapons of awe, just wow... Tommy gun, AK... how ever did he come up with such names? Sheer brilliance.

Haha, I lost it here for a moment, but who knows, you just saw the name, I personally will stay excited until I see the weapons with my own eyes, judging the weapon from its name, is somewhat harsh for a new artist.
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
5/20/2015 13:57:26   
Mother1

@ TBK

Jack o fire is already a prize in the arcade

Thorn assault is a rare promo core that came before the rare promise.

Bacon rain is already available at the titan's peak IIRC so you can already buy that core from him.

As for all the other versions of this move they are in the vendor bot or their respective NPC so other than Jack o fire and Thorn assault all the other forms of this kind of core can be brought within the game.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 5/20/2015 17:45:08 >
Epic  Post #: 18
5/20/2015 17:30:52   
The berserker killer

Wow, the respect on forums for eachother has really depreciated from when I first started. I'm extremely disappointed
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 19
5/20/2015 19:05:39   
  Exploding Penguin

^What's kind of funny is when you first started (From what I remember) the respect for each other had already deteriorated a ton from the Gamma days and earlier.
Epic  Post #: 20
5/20/2015 21:16:14   
shadow.bane

@TBk

i think what mother1 means is that ur suggesting and idea that is already in game , i did not see any disrespect in the way she wrote . and she is right this idea is in game .

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/20/2015 22:37:37   
The berserker killer

No I didn't mean disrespect coming from Mother, sorry if it's interpreted that way. I meant from other posts on this thread. Sorry for the misunderstanding
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 22
5/20/2015 23:50:34   
Rayman
Banned

Looks like a good update unless they mess everything up with the balance.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
5/21/2015 0:01:30   
Rogue Ninja

Interesting update. I just hope the balance improve and some new promos with cores too.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
5/21/2015 0:04:37   
Rayman
Banned

If Im not mistaken the next promo they are adding is the BioBeast Promo which comes out when the IOS/Android Game goes live.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 19th, 2015 - Epic Artist Showcase: Deuce
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition