Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= May 19th, 2015 - Epic Artist Showcase: Deuce

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 19th, 2015 - Epic Artist Showcase: Deuce
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/21/2015 0:30:49   
Ranloth
Banned

We don't have major balance changes planned, so it shouldn't go wrong. For the most part, it's the Underdog Mode - based on the feedback received - but there are also some smaller changes planned, some which were brought up on here (nothing gamebreaking), and on one which should increase weapon variety for some classes.
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
5/21/2015 0:53:12   
Rogue Ninja

The underdog mode will truly improve things up for 1v1 and 2v2 to make battles closer to fairness. As for Deuce's weapons, I shall check it out to see if it's my liking, but mostly the achievement award is what I want.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/21/2015 1:45:44   
Rayman
Banned

I think they should Add more Non rares Physical Staffs too.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
5/21/2015 4:50:39   
8x

quote:

Wow, the respect on forums for eachother has really depreciated from when I first started. I'm extremely disappointed

When you first started, the forums weren't more or less dead, so the one or two negative/disrespectful persons were much harder to notice.
Epic  Post #: 29
5/21/2015 5:11:41   
kelvin48997

well, it's looks like an alright update, i hope for allot of credits in the new misson chains lolz, tommy gun looks nice, can't say anyithing about the other weponse cause i haven't seen em with my own eyes ingame hope they will be somwhat awsome looking to, the npc doesen't seem so hard a disepointment cause i like hard bosses cause they if you beat em you get a more worthly earned achivment, so i wouldn't care for more impossibol bosses, i would actually like more impossibol bosses than legendary titan, that are many times stronger just to make all players keep on trying non stop lolz with no sucsess
Post #: 30
5/21/2015 9:41:03   
The berserker killer

Not gonna rant, but I would like to offer 2 suggestions.

1) Get rid of UnderDog mode

OR

2) Give the opposite player the same rewards for winning

Right now it feels like high rankers are being discriminated against greatly. We didn't buy our ranks/exp. We didn't abuse a glitch or a hack to get exp. We didn't cheat, we didn't steal, we didn't lie. You released a feature that would allow players to level up (in a sense) to gain power advantage over our foes in battle. So we played your feature, we unlocked the slots, we spent months on the game, and then lo and beholdevery player gets a bonus. Not even a bonus to their def/res primary/sidearm. Instead they get a bonus directly affecting their stats, their skills, their chances to deflect/crit/block/connect strike/first turn, and they get a bonus for winning.

Man that just seems so wrong to me. I would give up each and every last one of my ranks to prove to you how broken this system currently is. I'd be abusing +6 cores, eternal enhance, and underdog mode all day while farming someone like davarril for credits just so I don't rank up fast enough. Heck, I'd even avoid power hour to abuse this system.

And I don't know how often any of you play this game, but to those who say ranks offer a huge advantage over stat advantages then you really must not remember the day where Hegemony came out of nowhere with a techmage build and +6 cores at rank 23 and had 400 wins by 9 hours after reset when a majority of the players were already rank 60 with max slots by then. But I guess we all forgot

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/21/2015 9:44:08 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 31
5/21/2015 10:43:45   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Sure i still win alot but to be honest id throw away all my ranks to abuse this underdog mode.

Post number 7.

quote:

4) Uh this isn't challenging still. Just went from "Fun Easy Winning" to "Boring Easy Winning"

Post number 9.

quote:

3) Yes I like winning easy and my goal is to always win easy but I also would like to win fairly. If they were given + wep damage and + def/res id be cool.

Post number 9.

- Replies taken from the berserker killer that belong to the following post:
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21971709

Just wanted to throw this here so you don't forget the last conclusion we reached last time we talked about the underdog mode. And just so everyone here don't get confused, the impact the underdog mode has is great, sure there is alwats collateral damage, for anything, but in this case, benefits are way much better.

Looking forwared for the friday update, and ranloth, is the war coming this friday?

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/21/2015 10:49:57 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 32
5/21/2015 11:09:41   
Ranloth
Banned

Nope, the war is not coming this Friday. It still has 293 hours to go, so it'll either be Friday 5th, June.

Back to Underdog Mode. To keep is short and simple: it's not going to be removed. Yes, you paid for Ranks but the Underdog is also applied throughout all 40 levels, and not just Ranks. Underdog Mode has essentially allowed us to fix balance to an extent, improve matchmaking, and prepare us for the future (when playerbase will gradually get smaller and smaller).
Rewards from battles will be looked into, since power curve is smaller but the rewards remained unchanged, but don't really expect the bonus Exp/Credits based on level difference to be removed completely - it's there for everyone, and not just Ranks. We must think of everyone, and not a handful of people - balance isn't about being one-sided towards one group of players.
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
5/21/2015 12:14:11   
The berserker killer

Yes I understand that it won't be removed but for future releases please keep in mind that equality is not balance and at this rate everyones equal or at least near it. Good/Evil, Nice/Bad, Master/Slave, heaven/hell that is balance. I'm not saying that it's right, i'm not saying that it's fine that someone has to suffer in any scenario in order to reach this ultimatum or idealistic fantasy of "balance". I'm simply being real, and being honest and telling you that we can't all be equal because that is not "balance". That is just boring. Death/birth, healthy/sick, truth/lies, our lives revolve around true balance and theyre only interesting because someone suffers (E.G Being the victor in a boxing match while the losers pummeled). For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, and for the countless actions of trying to obtain "Balance" as an attempt to make PVP more "fun" you have obtained "Equality" which has made PVP "Boring".

quote:

balance isn't about being one-sided

You're right, it isn't about being one sided since true balance has two sides to it. Currently, instead of keeping in mind the fact that balance has two sides to it, you're trying to make it one thing al-together. Equal. There's nothing fun about equal and I'm not just speaking for myself. Im speaking for the 800+ players that have vanished from this game. Do I believe it's right that equality isn't fun? No I don't but I acknowledge the fact that it's true. I acknowledge the fact that there are players who pay for advantages, and players who don't. I acknowledge that there are players who PLAY the game and invest time for these advantages, and there are players who don't. I acknowledge that there are players who are just rich and players who aren't. I acknowledge that some players have more time than others. That's life, and if you guys re-call the game was much more fun to a higher % of players when there was that clear line. It may be fun to 30% of players now but, then, it was appealing to a vast majority of them. Now that clear line between players who play, pay, invest time, or have time to play the game has been cut so thin that it's simultaneously vanishing along with the 800+ players I have previously mentioned. For further elaboration:

-There's no clear line between varium and non varium besides the fact that the only advantage variums granting now is a name change, boosters, and access to a promo that'll come out the following year. Maybe the same year if we go back to Black Abyss. We can even throw in the fact that you guys offered a Varium Bike to free players on the last 2 days of gifting for free.
-There's no distinction between the rich and poor since the eradication of Battle Tokens, which was one of the greatest and most fun features in this game that created a mini-subculture amongst other features like PVP. Coding and buying bombs can't possibly be placed on the same scale as Battle Tokens.
- The distinction between players who actually play and don't can no longer be decided based upon ones level, but instead upon his NPC kills and record. Well his wins since we cant see losses.

It's not right that someone has to suffer, that someone has to lose, that someones gotta get the 30% win ratio, but that's life and that was fun. Maybe not to everyone but to a larger % of players than the amount that consider pvp fun today.

My main point: Balance and Equality are two different things.

Balance: Someone suffers, there are two sides, and it's fun to the majority of individuals because we're human. We're just twisted like that.

Equality: No one suffers, it's fair, it's plain and it's boring.

Edit: I'm just being real

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/21/2015 13:06:14 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 34
5/21/2015 13:54:32   
comicalbike

The berserker killer i agree with what you say and also they complained that some level 38 played against me as well
, but what the players don't sy is that they beat me a lot off the time i don't mind but they wont it always, but will they listen we know they wont so we will just put up and suffer as always. i liked your post nice, the only thing i like now is that Ranloth is answering the posts now fast wich we have never had in the past,
Epic  Post #: 35
5/21/2015 14:52:21   
Lord Machaar

It's funny to say the game shouldn't be equal when you are the stronger part in the equation. Legendary ranks have blocked the game, that's a fact, the fact that ranking system is getting older and older widens the difference between players who started ranking up when it first started, and ranking up after 2 years after it started. There is a difference.

Do we have the right to talk about giving hardcore players an advantage when the game runs with 200 players at reset? The game's player base doesn't allow this, advantages are given, when players who were given these advantages are matched with each other, when players having same "number of ranks" meet each other, only then we can say that ranking system should give advantage, but at the current state we cannot, because such thing doesn't exist in ED, in order to let you enter a 1vs1 battle in seconds, devs had to widen the difference between players who can face each other, otherwise any player ranked 60 + have to wait 5 minutes to find a match with another player that has a rank closer to you.

You don't have the right to talk about attracting new players because doing so means you need to create a balanced PVP environement for them at all levels, this is the minimum thing present at any good game. What you are trying to do here is to imply the strategy of games with thousands of players to a game with a couple hundred.

quote:

Uh this isn't challenging still. Just went from "Fun Easy Winning" to "Boring Easy Winning"

Fun easy winning comes with a price, it is sure fun for you, is it fun for everyone?

There shouldn't an advantage difference to make the game fun, there shouldn't be a stronger part and weaker part in the battle to make the battle fun, it's the reason why there are difference classes and different builds. The game was fun in ED Beta/Gamma/Delta, sure there was the varium difference, but what about a varium player versus varium player? Or non-varium player versus non-varium player? The game wasn't boring at all even when all players have had same level, if they have decreased the varium difference by tweaking enhancements, heck the game could have been better, but soon enough ranks were implemented.

And the definition of ranks is: Long term enhancements, before Omega enhancements were given instantly, but now ranks are enhancements that aren't given instantly, they are given with time, a plan that is good for a year or a year and half, until a lot of players obtain enough ranks and block the way for other players. So don't tell me have you bribed, or lied, or cheated to get ranks, you were lucky because you ranked up in the right time, when the system was still fresh, not now when it is dirty.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/21/2015 15:01:46 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 36
5/21/2015 15:13:47   
The berserker killer

Thanks comical, I'm just being honest. Humans crave true balance, which is the balance of nature. Sick/healthy, push/pull, yin/yang. Does that mean that we should leave things unchecked and untested? All I'm saying is that we can't all be equal. That's not balance. Theres a clear line between Equal and Fair.

Equal means being the same in quantity, size, degree, or value. In this case, giving everyone access to the same exact weapons, whether it be current access or prospective.
Fair means in accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate. Just as it's legitimate how players who played got their ranks and its also fair that those same players who pay, play, or invest time into the game will have an advantage over their foes.

I also noticed that. I constantly see players complaining that they play against you, yet they never include that they sometime win. Some even go as far and post screenshots on twitter and facebook when they beat you. That's borderline bullying.

I also love the fact that a dev takes the time to answer and reply to all of us on forums. @Ranloth: I don't know if anyones told you yet but Comicals right and that really means a lot. You're replying to 20+ different people and personalities with clear and efficient replies. We can't thank you enough for that.

Edit:
quote:

The game was fun in ED Beta/Gamma/Delta, sure there was the varium difference

My point exactly. As I have stated, it was balanced back then because of the varium difference.

quote:

There shouldn't an advantage difference to make the game fun, there shouldn't be a stronger part and weaker part in the battle to make the battle fun

And people shouldn't have to get sick before they go to the doctor for a check up. Police shouldn't have a faster response time to "dead bodies" than "domestic abuse". There shouldn't be 1% of individuals controlling 90% of the worlds resources. I don't believe it's right, but we cannot deny that it keeps things interesting when someone's suffering and someones on top. That's just who we are as people and you can look back to any phase and validate my statement.

We had fun when Varium was Overpowered with easy access to Battle Tokens and Turrets. We had fun with enhancements. We had fun with Promos that weren't accessible to everyone. We had fun with flags especially with players like Smackie El Frog and Nemesis. We even had fun with builds created by players from as early as Xendran to Jay Hawks Massacre Blood Commander build and UltraThors CH Massacre. Was it right? No. Should things be that way? No. But was it fun for a large % of players? Yes.

Edit: I said things shouldn't be that way, but they have to be that way because that's interesting and fun. I'm not saying that we should let Varium Players go wild. No, continue testing weapons/items with the thought in mind that Equality is not Balance.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/21/2015 15:28:12 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 37
5/21/2015 15:58:59   
Mother1

@ TBK

Have you seen twitter? I have been seeing many a low level posting how they beat Comicalbiker, and how easy he is to beat. Especially in #EDcodes. But many of those players are happy now that they aren't the punching bags they felt they were back when Strength tanks were the top banana and there wasn't any underdog mode.
Epic  Post #: 38
5/21/2015 16:53:57   
Lord Machaar

quote:

Equality is not Balance.

Inequality is not balance either. One part having complete advantage over another player is not balance also. Especially on games that counts on advantage.
Just because it does benefit you, it doesn't mean it should be implemented. Even if there is no difference in battles, classes variety and builds variety could make the game fun just like in early stages.
So if you tell me that the game was fun when varium gave advantage, no it's not, because this argument would be totally invalid if 2 varium players are matched in a battle and here is the proof.
https://youtu.be/S_mLtPMWVD0?t=7s
Varium players were matched against each other, equiped with full enhancements and full varium equipement. The game was about true balance, the intelligence of players, it was easy for me if you watched the video to do a strenght build and go ham like everybody else, but the game back then gave me the possibility to encounter them, because you already know that you have same advantage as your opponent, even if you are playing with the underdog class, and it was the case of CH, but who cared, it's not the case now, OP builds now don't make some classes the underdog only but on top of that make these classes useless at low rank ranges, because logically if a player rank 60 using strenght can defeat a tank player rank 60, before underdog mode was implemented, anyone will be stupid if (s)he couldn't defeat player rank 1 using a tank build. But on the other hand back then the game wasn't fair for other non-var players. The pvp was full of varium players, a small portion of highly experienced non-var players with rare weapons who were able to enter 1vs1 at that time and I salute them. Omega fixed that but opened another hole somewhere else.

quote:

And people shouldn't have to get sick before they go to the doctor for a check up. Police shouldn't have a faster response time to "dead bodies" than "domestic abuse". There shouldn't be 1% of individuals controlling 90% of the worlds resources. I don't believe it's right, but we cannot deny that it keeps things interesting when someone's suffering and someones on top. That's just who we are as people and you can look back to any phase and validate my statement.

The difference between the world and ED, we can control ED, it is a controllable environement, where cruel world rules don't apply, it's called a game. I hope you understand this, anything you gave as en example is irrelevant, because there is a difference between a "Game" and "Reality".

@Mother1

Comicalbiker was beaten because he used a build, support TLM that is risky, one deflection against a 5 focus player and you are done. I use this build also, and he knows what I'm talking about. Support builds are weak against strenght builds and especially str BH players. Comicalbiker knows this and he was beaten long time ago when the game was fair.
I respect Comicalbiker, but here is the thing, I'm sure he likes fast wins, that's why he prefers fast builds, otherwise if he plays a tank build he will have a good winning ration. But here is the thing having fast wins comes with a price, otherwise if fast builds give fast wins and high winning ratio then who the heck will play builds that count on strategy, and thanks to the underdog mode, low rank players have gotten free from them, so now they have the choice to try different builds.

-On Topic:
Fixing support builds after this update will have a huge impact on balance, excited to see how the variety in builds improve especially in the range of low rank players.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/21/2015 17:39:10 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 39
5/21/2015 18:18:10   
The berserker killer

quote:

Inequality is not balance either

On the contrary, inequality would suffice as balance. Good/Evil, Yin/Yang, etc.

quote:

So if you tell me that the game was fun when varium gave advantage, no it's not

and
quote:

The game was fun in ED Beta/Gamma/Delta, sure there was the varium difference

contradict eachother however what I think you are trying to say is that Varium granting an advantage did make the game fun however it should not be that way. In that case, yes I completely agree with you. It shouldn't be that way but that's just how it is in a PVP based game like EpicDuel and any of our past phases can prove that. If those examples were not enough to suffice then maybe these are
quote:

We had fun when Varium was Overpowered with easy access to Battle Tokens and Turrets. We had fun with enhancements. We had fun with Promos that weren't accessible to everyone. We had fun with flags especially with players like Smackie El Frog and Nemesis. We even had fun with builds created by players from as early as Xendran to Jay Hawks Massacre Blood Commander build and UltraThors CH Massacre. Was it right? No. Should things be that way? No. But was it fun for a large % of players? Yes.

Lastly,
quote:

there is a difference between a "Game" and "Reality".

however one cannot escape the Reality that the Game was more fun in the past phases due to many factors, one of which being the clear distinction between varium and non varium. If we really control this environment then that's merely proof that we have also destroyed it with the countless "updates" that keep leading to "Equality"

EDIT: I would watch your video however I am not a fan of "cut" videos since they exclude losses. Whether you lost or not is entirely your own discretion, however I would just like to stay on topic at the moment.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/21/2015 18:19:40 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 40
5/21/2015 18:38:49   
Lord Machaar

quote:

contradict eachother however what I think you are trying to say is that Varium granting an advantage did make the game fun however it should not be that way. In that case, yes I completely agree with you. It shouldn't be that way but that's just how it is in a PVP based game like EpicDuel and any of our past phases can prove that.

The game was fun when 2 varium players entered the battle, all that devs have to do is to integrate non-varium players, by:
A- Making stronger credits only weapons.
B- Tweaking enhancements to make them easy to access for all players. Enhancements were sold for a high varium value, imagine how much it was in credits.
C- ...

Here is the quote you take:
quote:

So if you tell me that the game was fun when varium gave advantage, no it's not

And here is the full quote:
quote:

So if you tell me that the game was fun when varium gave advantage, no it's not, because this argument would be totally invalid if 2 varium players are matched in a battle and here is the proof.

It wasn't varium who created fun when 2 varium battles face each other, it was the fact that they both have equipement of same quality, and they know they have the same chance to win the battle, only your class and how you play it decide who wins, same case when 2 players with same rank face each other. It's not the case however when 1 player used varium and the other one doesn't, in this case, it's clear that both players don't have the same chance to win the battle.
The game was fun to a certain point, when 2 varium players faced each other or 2 non-varium players each other, or in 2vs2 when a var player and non-var player get paired against a pair of some type of players. same now when 2 high rank players face each other or vice versa.
The wasn't balanced at all in 1vs1 for non-var players. Yet it was when it came to battles between players of same type.
And please next time learn how to quote because quotations are taken to reflect the whole context, the quote you take from my post and here is the rest:
quote:

But on the other hand back then the game wasn't fair for other non-var players. The pvp was full of varium players, a small portion of highly experienced non-var players with rare weapons who were able to enter 1vs1 at that time and I salute them. Omega fixed that but opened another hole somewhere else.

When I take a quote, I make sure it reflects the whole post, and no other exceptions come after it, which means a definitive statement.
@FYI: If the sentence isn't finished with a point, you can't use it as a quote, Gosh I thought they learn this in elementary school.

EDIT: Video cuts were made to show only the battles against classes who made a problem at that time, strenght blood mage players were ruling the game and everyone was looking for an encountering build. Cuts were made for a reason.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/21/2015 18:58:24 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 41
5/21/2015 18:47:50   
.Lord Ginger.

@Mother1 Comicalbiker wins like 75% now... That's not fair for all the EXP he gained.
@Machaaar TBH, if you were a high rank, you wouldn't care, everyone knows that.

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 5/21/2015 18:57:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
5/21/2015 19:08:05   
Lord Machaar

If you had low rank, you would be talking for a change also. If I was a high rank player, and I was having a 98% win ratio, I would make the same statement I made about juggernaut battles.

I didn't cry when enhancements were taken away from us. I have legendary enhancer cheevo. Yes I asked for a better compensation but I didn't quit the game for losing more. Just like you do now.

I don't want juggernaut to come back as it was before and I have 98% win ratio in it and stopped at 5.5k wins, where some reached 10k and 20k, it was easy back then, but I stopped with my will because I knew it was wrong.

I don't want varium weapons to have the same advantage they had before, I have plenty of varium weapons.

I don't want to get paired with level 36s/37s/38s/39s, and ask ranloth, I've told him that there is no need to screw the game for players from as early as this stage. Getting paired with some wolves who are thirsty to farm them to fulfill their own goals.

So if you have some useful for the game or the community, you are welcome to point at me, if you are going to target me personally for changing the game to a better state and screwing it for some players who stood against the change, then let me know to solve the situation with an AK.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/21/2015 19:25:15 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 43
5/21/2015 19:15:33   
The berserker killer

I actually didn't learn that in elementary school so I apologize if that offended you. However I do believe that we are on the same page here. The main point of my original post was to demonstrate/show that the game was fun in the previous phases due to the lack of equality. I also pointed out that
quote:

I'm not saying that we should let Varium Players go wild. No, continue testing weapons/items with the thought in mind that Equality is not Balance.

What I mean by that quote is that inequality is fine however devs should continue to limit it as much as possible.

Based on this quote:

quote:

The game was fun when 2 varium players entered the battle, all that devs have to do is to integrate non-varium players, by:
A- Making stronger credits only weapons.
B- Tweaking enhancements to make them easy to access for all players. Enhancements were sold for a high varium value, imagine how much it was in credits.

It is my understanding that you also support that the game was fun when it wasn't equal and that, rather than getting rid of enhancements, devs could've simply done one of the two options you have stated above. If not both.

It is also my understanding that you tend to defend the opinion that PVP was fun in a time when Varium had an advantage and I also support that. I believe that Varium should indeed have an advantage in PVP and should 2 players who have the same gear/stats encounter eachother then so be it. However should a Varium Player and a non varium player encounter each other then so be that also. I would also like to pint out the fact that I have mentioned many points, PVP being one of them. Said points included in this quote:
quote:

My main points still stand, that Inequality is Balance and that one cannot escape the Reality that the Game was more fun in the past phases due to many factors, one of which being the clear distinction between varium and non varium.

Once again, your losses (if you did lose) are at your own discretion hence the reason why losses are not shown on char pages. I just do not support watching cut videos.

EDIT: I hope we can continue this discussion peacefully. I did not mean to direct anything towards you, you simply replied to an open statement in my original post.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/21/2015 19:17:41 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 44
5/21/2015 20:08:25   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

I'm going to voice an unpopular opinion and say it was fun for a large % of the minority. In most if not all F2P communities supported by micro-transactions the people who pay are the minority and EpicDuel is no exception. I find it hard to believe that F2P's would have found these times fun based on my experiences as a F2P, as a Varium facing F2P's, and talking to the F2P players in my factions.

Now I'm not going to sit here and say this system is perfect but it is the model used by a lot of F2P games right now where money equals time or money equals cosmetics depending if you are buying a promo or a coreless item
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 45
5/22/2015 7:55:09   
Lord Machaar

^ Well sadly that came pretty late, if these changes have happened at the same time ED was at peak in Gamma/Delta (3k players), a large portion of these players which are F2P and according to general stats, 80-90% of players are F2P, but sadly ED at that time wasn't the right place for these type players. In either ways, if the game doesn't maintain a balance between both "Ways" playing, the game will end up closing, whether giving P2W players a push or keeping F2Ps on track. Omega is doing that, it's late and it's not perfect, but I'm sure this will elongate the life of the game since the majority of players (F2Ps) will stick to the game.

Another fact is, a game can survive without P2W players, but it can't survive without its F2P players, the reason is clear, F2P players are the majority, and making them the underdog, a punch bag for P2W players, will make them leave (e.g what happened in late Omega). Sadly not any gaming company can do that, only big ones, but even in that case, these companies make in-purchase packs, but they are in most cases "cosmetics". ED sadly isn't a big one, nor joined a big company, so to continue it has to give advantage, in the beginning, it was pretty huge but diminished with time.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/22/2015 11:02:23 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 46
5/22/2015 8:50:07   
The berserker killer

I will have to disagree with you OWA, I truly believe a large majority of the players back then were p2p but, even if I'm wrong, I want you guys to understand that P2P and F2P features in pvp are just a small part of my post. The game was also fun because of features we had that utilized varium or made players feel special such as Rare Promos, flags, turrets, and the old arcade system.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 47
5/22/2015 8:54:56   
King Bling

The game is at such a point, there is no fun in 1vs1, everyone has nearly same build, in beta such different builds such fun all because each weapon had unique stats, the fun collecting different weapons to try different builds to do different moves and try out different ways to take out different unique build was a different experience and something different from now, while atm every weapon is the same, we cannot try something different, so the game is no more different from the others, I have seen other games where each weapon holds its uniqueness giving the builds an edge, getting more items to try more, but here the limit over everything is the same, f5 is the limit for robot, str was the limit for abuse, supp is the new limit soon nerfed I guess, one good suggestion is to bring back the weapons different stats to make new different builds, instead of a cheap weapon equal to azrael or something different
Post #: 48
5/22/2015 9:08:31   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

I will have to disagree with you OWA, I truly believe a large majority of the players back then were p2p but, even if I'm wrong, I want you guys to understand that P2P and F2P features in pvp are just a small part of my post. The game was also fun because of features we had that utilized varium or made players feel special such as Rare Promos, flags, turrets, and the old arcade system.

I'm not dismissing the rest of your post I'm just telling you that F2P's currently are and always have been the majority of players in EpicDuel. I went and asked because outside of a gut feeling that F2P's were a majority I didn't know
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
5/22/2015 9:24:22   
The berserker killer

Ohh so that's a fact. The features i mentioned though were able to be participated by everyone, just that p2p players had an advantage and I believe that that is how it should be now. Currently, the only fun advantage varium has is bombs and this current war system is not all that fun. I am sure you are aware of this though and that something is being done.

@king bling- I can support that, weapons need to be different again or at least have some uniqueness. Some weapons can have extra stats on dex, on tech, or on support, or even extra stats all together (similar to the idea of making promos with permanent versions of +6 cores but, instead, there will just be more stats to use).

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 5/22/2015 9:25:58 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 19th, 2015 - Epic Artist Showcase: Deuce
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition