Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= May 22th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.46 (Balance)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> =ED= May 22th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.46 (Balance)
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/22/2015 14:25:07   
Rayman
Banned

quote:

May 22, 2015
Patch Notes 1.6.46

BALANCE CHANGES:
  • Maximum Rage defense ignore: 55% ⇒ 50%
  • Effective level is now capped to 48 instead of 50 for PvP matches (since two Legendary skills only affect NPCs). This will affect matching as well as Underdog calculations.
  • Underdog buffs will now be applied individual level differences, and have been adjusted upwards
    • 1 level = +1 to Str/Dex/Tech/Supp
    • 2 levels = Grants +1 to Str/Supp and +2 to Dex/Tech
    • 3 levels = +2 to Str/Dex/Tech/Supp
    • 4 levels = Grants +2 to Str/Supp and +3 to Dex/Tech
    • 5 levels = +3 to Str/Dex/Tech/Supp
    • 6 levels = Grants +3 to Str/Supp and +4 to Dex/Tech
    • 7 levels = +4 to Str/Dex/Tech/Supp
    • 8 levels = Grants +4 to Str/Supp and +5 to Dex/Tech
    • 9 levels = +5 to Str/Dex/Tech/Supp
    • 10 levels = Grants +5 to Str/Supp and +6 to Dex/Tech
  • Losing now grants slightly less experience and Credits than before.
  • Winning as an Underdog now grants slightly less experience and Credits per level difference than before.
  • Auxiliary damage scaling now matches that of Primary weapons.
  • Gun damage scaling slowed at high amount of Dexterity
  • Assimilation
    • No longer has a weapon requirement
  • Berzerker
    • Now has a club requirement
  • Double Strike
    • Now has a club requirement
    • Energy cost lowered by 10 at all levels
  • Fire Scythe
    • Stat requirement lowered by 5 at all levels
  • Shadow Arts
    • Stat requirement lowered by 3 at all levels
  • Static Smash
    • No longer has a weapon requirement
    • Now unblockable
    • Drain: 37% - 64% (+3% per level) ⇒ 37% - 55% (+2% per level)
Tags: Patch Notes Rabblefroth
Tagged. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 5/22/2015 14:52:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/22/2015 14:39:45   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Maximum Rage defense ignore: 55% ⇒ 50%

rip support builds

quote:

Auxiliary damage scaling now matches that of Primary weapons.

they must really not like support builds. And focus builds.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 5/22/2015 14:40:03 >
Epic  Post #: 2
5/22/2015 14:55:27   
The berserker killer

This is why you cant bring back old builds in a new way. This is why we can't have diversity. I introduce efficient support builds back into the game, you guys Nerf it. I introduce an efficient tlm build, you guys Nerf it. Ultra Thor introduces Ch massacre, you guys Nerf it. Jay Hawk introduces BC Massacre, you guys Nerf it. Variation introduces f5 bm, you guys Nerf it. Like stop....what the hell man how is that even fair to u? Just because you guys cant efficiently test things doesn't mean you get to use us as guinea pigs and take away everything we find fun. Mann thats such cow poop.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
5/22/2015 14:55:28   
Ranloth
Banned

5% less isn't as drastic as literally killing off the build. It'll have small but noticeable impact. Besides, Support was indirectly buffed when Guns got nerfed and so did Str, so this puts them almost on par again. Also, you may overestimate the Support progression change, since it's really small too;

For reference, these are the Diminishing Returns (pre-55 / 55-84 / 85+):
Resistance = 0.3, 0.4, 0.5
Defense = 0.3, 0.4, 0.5
Bot damage = 0.5, 0.6, 0.7
Primary damage = 0.5, 0.65, 0.85
Aux damage = 0.45, 0.6, 0.8 -> 0.5, 0.65, 0.85 *old -> new*
Gun damage = 0.6, 0.8, 1.0 -> 0.6, 0.9, 1.2 *old -> new*

So you need the above to get +1 damage. For example, under 55 Support, I will need 0.5 Support to get +1 damage (or 1 Support to get +2 damage since we can't increase stats in decimals).

Support builds are still viable, just like they were prior to the update. They just aren't as powerful anymore through indirect buffs.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
5/22/2015 14:59:27   
Stonehawk

Double strike CLUB ONLY? With a SWORD picture? IT'S MESSED UP!!!1 That wasn't needed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/22/2015 15:06:25   
Ranloth
Banned

Static Smash, with a Club picture, and can be used with a Sword!? It's just an icon. :p You could use it with a Club before, and the icon didn't really mean anything - neither does it now - it's just two blades to imply it's a double strike. If you could use Clubs before the update, you can keep using them now - or switch to Swords and get bonus stats, and still use Static Smash. Not mentioning it's also unblockable now.

Requirement had to be moved somewhere. Same with Zerker - and Double Strike also costs less EP too, even if it's a minor reduction. Strength builds often relied on Maul for the Stun, and then followed by Zerker - so similar was applied here. It also gave TLMs another skill which requires a Club, since they only had one.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
5/22/2015 15:09:50   
Stonehawk

My last suggestion is a complete back-up to when passives used to exist and giving all varium and credits we wasted back... :(
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/22/2015 15:10:52   
Darkwing

I still think 5 focus needs a look, tanks, poison, skills that increase luck factors, EMP, Parasite, tech, infernal android. If we are going on 'let's nerf' road.

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 5/22/2015 15:15:37 >
Post #: 8
5/22/2015 15:23:56   
Lord Machaar

Support builds are still working, I just tried a support build now (TLM), it doesn't give the same win ratio as before but still works.

quote:

they must really not like support builds. And focus builds.

Nonsense, Str's buff and supp's buff was for focus builds.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/22/2015 15:25:51 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
5/22/2015 15:46:57   
dfo99

Pistol scale nerf, aux scale nerf, in last patch happens str nerf, nerfs, nerfs, and more nerfs. Is not this a weired way to balance? Also, if this progression continues, beat npcs as leg titan will be impossible
Post #: 10
5/22/2015 15:51:23   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@Machaar, Supp builds are great from what I see. Using the Desolator aux's with the dual hit can be quite lethal.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/22/2015 16:00:35   
Lord Machaar

^ Indeed, they thought that with slowing down the stat progression, the build will be dead, well, it's not.

Sadly in ED, if a build doesn't give 100% win ratio, it's not a build, what logic is that.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/22/2015 16:11:36 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 12
5/22/2015 16:02:51   
Mother1

I have to ask why did they nerf the amount of credits you get from losing a battle? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Epic  Post #: 13
5/22/2015 16:06:51   
Variation

^The only thing I can think of are the botting complaints.
Post #: 14
5/22/2015 16:07:57   
romanu

inb4 5 focus BM takes over the game.

Fast battles, plasma cannon that does high damage and crits a lot, parasite, mark of blood, infernal crapdroid.

Only 5F CH with emp and TLM with poison and SS will stand a chance with them.

Have fun with them.

< Message edited by romanu -- 5/22/2015 16:10:03 >
Post #: 15
5/22/2015 16:31:16   
Stonehawk

@Ranloth

They took 1 requirement and added 2... but it's not so bad, it's more flexible now...

EDIT: They just make us need to use a club in order to make strength builds, isn't it? And assimilation usable with a sword... I really think game should give a number of free class changes so we can test out and choose one. So big changes. :/

@romanu

I'm beating everyone with a merc atm. Specially BMs. I was afraid merc became too strong with those changes, but in fact nerfing % conversion balanced this class with the others in my opinion... I think all classes are usable now, this is good.

Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page.
Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post.
If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post.
For more information, please read the
=AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~Caststarter

< Message edited by Caststarter -- 5/22/2015 16:43:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
5/22/2015 16:59:13   
Darkwing

Why there's still no way to nerf skills like plasma armor? It gives good res for 4 turns. Energy shield only lasts 3 turns and can be nerfed with bots, bazooka.

Post #: 17
5/22/2015 16:59:46   
shadow.bane

@romanu i am a bh and i have no hard time beating support builds . u just need to be smart plus i was tlm and also didn't have hard time beating them , and @mother1 they lower the amount of exp and creds gained from losing cause botter used to lose to get faster creds and exp (that's a good nerf)
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
5/22/2015 17:26:36   
Lord Machaar

I think the game in overall gives a good chance for each and every class, this changes could have gone with the wind if the underdog wasn't here, luckily with this mode, any nerf or buff, touches all players effectively. I think some tweaks here and there and the game would be close to a great state of balance, it's been a long time since I've seen so many builds, bounty hunters, cyber hunters, blood mages, tech mages, tactical mercenaries and mercs, every class has atleast an effective build to play with.

I think this is a fact we can't deny, without the underdog mode, none of this could have been possible. Looking forward for more tweaks but not changes in order to balance the game even more.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/22/2015 17:28:47 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 19
5/22/2015 17:41:59   
The berserker killer

I'm not gonna say that classes aren't equal now. What I will say is that you guys could've done things differently. Instead of nerfing/taking away, you could've added to the game. Imo you have taken away too much
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 20
5/22/2015 18:04:03   
Rayman
Banned

Darkwing: Why would you want to nerf plasma armor? its Perfectly Fine, just like Mineral armor. Its not supposed to be on par with Matrix or Energy Shield.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/22/2015 18:44:59   
Darkwing

@Rayman Skills like mineral armor, plasma armor, hybrid armor have no weakness like normal shields. You could nerf with debuffs before, but ever since they complained, they made thse shields too good. Either bring on par with matrix, energy shield or just buff so you can't nerf with bots/bazooka.
Post #: 22
5/22/2015 18:54:28   
Rayman
Banned

They are fine the way they are, these shields used to be the passives from CHs And TLMs and you couldnt Debuff the passives, so they work the same way.
Mineral and plasma are supposed to work this way and they also cost way more energy than EShield and Matrix.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
5/22/2015 19:33:12   
King Bling

@Darkwing

Your a fool to think Mineral/Plasma Armor are better than Defns Matrix and Energy Shield, while in real the Energy Shield and Defns Matrix are far more better than those, reasons?
1.) Lvl 1 needs only 90 energy while Mineral/Plasma need over 120
2.) Lvl 1 gives you pretty much 198 or 210 if you have good stats, while you need to be almost a hyper tank to get +198 or +220 even with lvl 5 or 6 Mineral/Plasma Armor.
Post #: 24
5/22/2015 19:34:38   
shadow.bane

@darkwing why don't u ask for removal of plasma armor and add energy shield and removal of mineral armor and add defense matrix ? as if it can happen this is a class unique skill that can't be played with and as rayman said it is perfectly fine as it is ...

@lord machaar the balance is so far so good but with one mistake that i did not like ! like what happened to me today i am rank 31 as elvl 43 i faced a rank 29 as elvl 42 so they gave him underdog mode level 1 ! for a 2 rank difference that's a bit harsh and unfair . he got + 1 to all attributes just cause am 2 ranks higher then him ? that +3 to defense and +3 to resistance ... not good man this need a bit of rework like not give any underdog mode to some on that is lower then u by at least 5 ranks and neither should u get any mode if ur enemy was 5 ranks higher no matter what ur elvl is .

@the berzerker killer sorry but no they are doing a great job , adding more stuff needs more attention and work and with more stuff added to game more calculation should be needed and then more bugs will pop out and the problem begins again with unbalance .
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> =ED= May 22th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.46 (Balance)
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition