Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Gamma Bot Must Get A Fix

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Gamma Bot Must Get A Fix
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/26/2015 14:23:16   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

There are only 2 Ultra-Rare Bots In-game so far, The Golden Yeti And The Gamma Bot. The Golden Yeti For its Rarity was the only bot to stay at 180 DMG While all the others bot at 170.

The Gamma bot is the other Ultra rare bot but the DMG of the bot is only 170 and this bot was designed to be a DMG Bot and is an Ultra rare like the Golden Yeti.

What They should do is make the Gamma bot attack 180 or Give the Gamma Bot Special 110% Instead of 105% or Just keep the 105% and make the dmg 180 so it can be on par with the other Ultra rare bot, the Golden yeti.

Dattebayo
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/26/2015 14:45:29   
Lord Machaar

Supported, the bot is totally useless at the time being.
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
5/26/2015 15:34:34   
King Bling

Not Supported. Omega is all about equality, so the robot so it doesnt make any difference from other normal robots, as for the Golden Yeti, that robot was not bought by people but was "achieved" by people who fought to get their rightful places.

And since a normal club is equal to Azrael's Bane then why not Assault bot be equal to Gamma Bot, as simple as that.
Post #: 3
5/26/2015 15:53:07   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

I Agree king, its all about Equality Somehow, so all the bots that come back every year and are always available for everyone should stay at 170 dmg while all the Ultra Rare Bots that Nobody can get Should stay at 180 dmg.

< Message edited by Uchiha Sarada -- 5/26/2015 15:54:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/26/2015 17:00:44   
AQWorldsFarmer

Gamma Bot? Useless? You're kidding me?
Gamma Bot has 2 attacks that can be used multiple times. BOTH are damage, physical an energy. Its a damage bot that allows its user to take advantage of their opponent, whether they have high resistance or defense. I personally would rather have Gamma Bot (not just because its rare) than infernal android. Infernal android may give a damage bonus over time, but it only has a 1 time energy attack.

< Message edited by AQWorldsFarmer -- 5/26/2015 17:01:21 >
Post #: 5
5/26/2015 17:04:56   
Satafou

Infernal Android will always beat gamma bot in PVP. Gamma bot was extremely powerful back when you could P atk and then E atk the following turn but now, since most people tend to equal their def/res anyways, and because of the nerf of that, the gamma bot is pretty useless at the moment.
Post #: 6
5/26/2015 17:06:22   
AQWorldsFarmer

I'll trade my infernal android for a Gamma bot anyday.
Post #: 7
5/26/2015 17:37:33   
Mother1

The gamma bot doesn't need a buff just because it is one of the only two rare robots in game. The bot does what it is designed to do just fine, and while it doesn't get increased damage per turn like the infernal android it can be used more than once which makes it the strongest multi use special in game.
Epic  Post #: 8
5/26/2015 17:53:41   
Ranloth
Banned

It kinda did get a buff with the Legendary Update, since the Energy attack deals 105% damage and can still be re-used.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
5/26/2015 17:55:37   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

Mother1: Didn't they say that the Golden Yeti Could keep the 180 dmg because of its rarity? well the same should apply to gamma bot, Im not asking for a buff im just asking to fix the bot dmg and make it the way it should of been since that robot balancing update Dattebayo.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
5/26/2015 18:16:26   
Mother1

@ Uchiha sarada

No they didn't say anything about rarity. In fact I will quote the patch notes where it shows the bot change in damage

quote:

Bot damage
Baby/Dark Yeti now deal 150 damage
Baby/Dark Yeti Warrior now deal 160 damage
Golden Yeti stays at 180 damage
All other bots now deal 170 damage
Infernal Android will still gain 5% damage per round, but will max out at 125% damage. This keeps the damage roughly on par with previous values.

Hope this helps.
Epic  Post #: 11
5/26/2015 18:50:18   
Lord Machaar

Gamma bot is inferior to IA at the moment, to compare the both bots, we compare their special attacks as for normal attacks their the same, for special attack, 105% damage of gamma bots special attack is nothing compared to IA's nuke, IA's nuke can finish off the battle with 600 HP in your opponents health bar.

The bot won't get buffed because of its rarity, it will get buffed because it is not up to the challenge with other bots, and so no one gets me wrong here golden yetis normal attack ~ equals gamma bots special attack, to do the math:
- Golden yetis normal attack has 170 + 10 (180) base damage + X amount of tech = 600 + 10 = 610 actual robot damage (for example)
- Gamma bots special attack is 105% the normal attack doing the math again:
Normal attack of gamma bot is 170 base damage + X amount of tech = 600 actual robot damage.
The special attack would be 105% the actual damage, doing the math, 600 x 105% = 630 damage.

So the difference between golden yetis normal damage and gamma bot's special damage is 20.
Gamma bot is also, like IA, can work only with 5 focus builds, unlike golden yeti that could work with various builds.

The bots special needs to be buffed to atleat 108% - 110% to get on par with other bots.

@King Bling:
quote:

as for the Golden Yeti, that robot was not bought by people but was "achieved" by people who fought to get their rightful places.

Golden yeti is like gamma bot, they have one thing in common, a lot of people missed them for 2 reasons: A- They haven't starte playing the game when it was launched. B- They couldn't do so for various reasons.
Following up your words, Golden yeti must have the same damage as evolved yeti, and also baby yeti should also have the same damage as evolved yeti.

Gamma bot needs a fix not just because its rarity or it was bought with varium, it needs a fix because its not up to the challange.

*Golden yeti tournament:So the golden yeti was actually bought not "earned", and the tournament was exclusive to varium owners only, in matter fact, it was the first tournament in the game and the last one.
Source: February 19th 2013 Design Notes http://epicduel.artix.com/gamedesignnotes/date/2013/02.

Cleaned ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 5/27/2015 17:08:37 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 12
5/26/2015 18:53:01   
.Lord Ginger.

Gamma bot is actually, pretty equal to IA, if not better. (I'm not trolling) It's actually really an effective robot, especially against Dex mages And it's reuseable many times, which
is definitely an amazing feature.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
5/26/2015 19:13:41   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

Mother:

I already took a look at the patch notes before doing this thread.

What I'm saying is, Why would they just leave the golden yeti at 180 dmg? why just say at the patch, golden yeti stays at 180, that makes you think that they did that because its an ultra rare bot.

At The end it should get buffed because it needs it and not because of the rarity which is indeed a good reason too dattebayo.

Ginger: You don't know if its effective or not, you don't have it and its not equal, IA is way better and useful,

Cleaned ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 5/27/2015 17:09:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/26/2015 19:16:36   
Lord Machaar

I have both gamma bot and IA, if gamma bot was an actual bot, I would be using it, but sadly IA has better potentials that's why I'm using it, IA's nuke, is just 10 times better than gamma fire (gamma bots special) for the simple reason that you can control the fight with infernal overload (IA's special attack), you can control the fight by forcing your opponent to maintain an amount of HP atleast superior than 500, because if he has so, azrael's will + infernal's overload = battle is over. Gamma fire can't do this, it is just your normal attack + 30 damage at its finest (explained in the example above, when normal attack does 600 damage, the special deals 630).

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/26/2015 19:19:24 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 15
5/26/2015 19:56:15   
Mother1

@ Lord Machaar

As one of the 100 players who actually own this bot I can tell you that you that there is some truth to King bling's words. While you are right you had to pay to get in due to it only being available in the pre order, that is all paying got you. The right to compete in the tournament.

To actually get the golden yeti as King bling mentioned you had to earn the robot once you were in.
Epic  Post #: 16
5/26/2015 20:21:55   
Lord Machaar

"Partially" earned, would it be the case if the tournament was open for everyone? The bot was bought in the first place and the competition was just an interface as frankly I believe that 100 spots in the tournament were more than enough to contain most of the players who bought the ticket in the first place. Anyways, this is past, and just wanted to remind/inform king bling that the bot was bought in the first place like gamma bot. The main argument I based my reply on was the damage one (105% being too low).

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/26/2015 20:22:13 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
5/26/2015 20:22:13   
  Exploding Penguin

The thing about gamma bot now is that essentially every build has almost equal defenses/resistances. This was nowhere near apparent back when defenses were prioritized over health due to agility being in the game, but now that health is the priority it is very easy to get a desired stat spread while maintaining equal defense/resistance, especially with Omega's customization of stats and armor.

Gamma bot is pretty bad. The fact that it can deal damage in 2 different types is nice, but that really fit the old meta where debuffs were a staple and making both defenses absolutely equal wasn't that essential. Now that debuffs are generally not that good and people have so many different damage types from cores and stuff that balancing defenses is essential, gamma bot is pretty much the equivalent of a robot without a special.

Epic  Post #: 18
5/26/2015 20:24:21   
Lord Machaar

^ Besides what you just said, before Omega, there were passives, so the gamma bot was flexible towards a huge variety of builds/classes, as back then mineral armor made mercs defense beasty, and the weakness was in their resistance.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/26/2015 22:41:03 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 19
5/26/2015 21:15:01   
Mother1

@lord machaar

If that was the case then everyone who pre ordered the ticket would have a golden yeti which isn't the case. You still had to PVP battle to earn points just so you could qualify to get the bot so even if you did "pay for the right to play in the tourney" You still had to "earn your golden yeti."

As for there being no passives in omega, we had passives for a while in omega. Back when we had them Strength BM was the flavor build that most players ran until the passives became actives and then Dex TM and a few other builds took over.
Epic  Post #: 20
5/26/2015 22:28:23   
.Lord Ginger.

@uchicha I have used gamma bot before, so don't call that crap out on me. And you said nothing to @mother1 About it, nothing to @King either.

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 5/26/2015 22:43:33 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/26/2015 22:52:04   
Lord Machaar

@Mother1 :
My point is still about damage, and the argument that says golden yeti should have advantage over other bots is invalid, since if everyone had access to that tournament things could have been different. Leaving this apart, and it is frankly off topic as it has nothing with gamma bot being one of the weakest bots in the game. Its special as explained earlier is worthless compared to other bots, as gamma bot is pretty old, damage back then was the only thing that matters, in Omega that doesn't normal damage is preserves by normal attack of the bot, while the special attack does something special, what's the special thing about gamma fire? +30 damage? Golden yetis normal attack does closely the same damage with 20 dmg difference.

I frankly think gamma fire should be buffed, once again not for its rarity, nor it was bought with varium, it should be buffed because it is now roasted by other bots.
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
5/26/2015 23:08:18   
Mother1

@ Lord machaar

As Ranolth explained the gamma bot already got a buff during the last bot balance update as well as quite a few of the other bots.

Also to roost with the other bots?

In case you haven't noticed in terms of damage all the bots other than the golden yeti are equal.

Also the Gamma bot's special does 105% damage which means it does more damage than any other bot minus the infernal android.

Every other bot special damage wise does either

None

Assault bot
Bio borg
Lionhart bot

locked at 30 damage
Botanical hazards

60% damage

All yeti's other than the omega baby, Dark, and golden yeti's

70% damage
Azreal borg's heart attack

85% damage
Pyro fly
omega baby, dark, and golden yeti's blood hawks black abyss bots

90% damage

botantical borg

105% damage

gamma bot

120 max

infernal android

As you can see damage wise the gamma bot as I pointed out outclasses all other bots in terms of damage minus the infernal android. So trying to use that as an excuse especially when it got a buff not to long ago isn't a good reason.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 5/26/2015 23:19:11 >
Epic  Post #: 23
5/27/2015 0:03:17   
King Bling

Uchiha you said since Gamma Bot is ultra rare so it should get a buff, in that case there are many ultra rare swords, guns , aux which should get a buff, cuz duh they are ultra rare and wont come back, if we go by this then alpha gear should get + 100 because it is now roasted by other gears.
Post #: 24
5/27/2015 5:24:16   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

King:

You cant compare Weapons to Robots, They are way 2 different, all swords have the same stats and you can add cores to it. Robots are Unique Items with Different specials and attacks and there are robots with a higher base attack than others which make them way different than swords and that kind of weps.

The Gamma Bot shouldn't get the buff for its rarity, it just needs it, just read above.

Mother:
quote:

As Ranloth explained the gamma bot already got a buff during the last bot balance update as well as quite a few of the other bots.

The Buff wasn't enough, it doesn't mean it cant get another one dattebayo.

Also Mother1: Saying that the Gamma bot special dmg is higher than most of the other bot specials doesn't mean anything relevant at all, Gamma
Attacks only work with High Focus, this bot is useless without focus, and the special is just DMG and nothing effective unlike the other tons of bots in-game with unique specials.

< Message edited by Uchiha Sarada -- 5/27/2015 5:25:31 >

Dattebayo
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Gamma Bot Must Get A Fix
Page 1 of 712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition