Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

waiting time

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Bugs >> waiting time
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/12/2015 21:10:44   
AQWorldsFarmer

Name: Flame the Fame
Level: 32
Class: Techmage
Server/s: Epic

Operating System: Windows 8.1
Browser: Chrome
Flash Player Version: Not sure.
Internet Connection (wireless, high-speed, etc.): Wireless

Brief Description: Have to wait over a minute to start a new battle.
Error Messages (if any): Please way a moment before starting performing this action.

Step by step details to duplicate issue:
1. Have a character with a high percentage of loses
2. Finish a battle
3. Try to start a new battle.

Screenshot (if any):
wins/loses
Error

Additional Details (if any):
I believe it has to do with a band-aid fix a long time about for lose-botters...if you had a large percent of loses you had to wait a long time to start a battle, but this is just a character i had to revive (had no gear)

< Message edited by AQWorldsFarmer -- 6/12/2015 21:11:09 >
Post #: 1
6/13/2015 1:24:25   
Variation

It's caused from having a low win percentage (as you pretty much stated). Players with very low win percentages have longer delay times on when they can create a battle.

The developers are aware that this system is in place, though I strongly doubt they've taken a look on how it would realistically impact the game. There are certainly better ways the developers could go about programming semi-prevention against loss botters.

This thread will raise the negative issue with the current system to the developers' attention. Since it isn't a bug or even a drastic issue with the game (while certainly problematic it's hard to see players with horrid win percentages having to wait longer to create battles as drastic) it's definitely not an issue the developers will lose any sleep over.
Post #: 2
6/13/2015 14:17:24   
shadow.bane

^ so ur saying that who have low % in pvp will wait longer for finding a match ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/13/2015 15:11:00   
.Lord Ginger.

That's bull, tbh...
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/13/2015 15:27:46   
Variation

@shadow.bane: For those who have extremely low win percentages yes. Low as in extremely low, <25%. Of course they must meet a certain amount of battles to prevent lower levels from being treated like "reckless" players.

There are definitely better ways to implement the functionality of the current system without realistically harming those with horrid win percentages that actually try.

Note on the realistically part.

< Message edited by Variation -- 6/13/2015 15:31:40 >
Post #: 5
6/13/2015 16:20:30   
.Lord Ginger.

Idk if there's a server way to differentiate between the two...
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/14/2015 12:05:19   
shadow.bane

hmmm , i never noticed that before , thanks for letting me know Variation
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Bugs >> waiting time
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition