Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Getting to know you RP

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> Getting to know you RP
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/19/2015 7:35:01   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

Okay, this is an old concept and has worked well in the past. It is similar to the various other tavernesque rps you have seen in the past but shall I say a tad less restrictive. I have been watching the active members list on the forum for the past week and have noticed something, we have a lot more reading our rps than participating in them and I think I know why. There are only a handful of active rps on the forum and they are all eloquently put together and on a larger scale. This can be a bit intimidating to some, even me. (I recently joined an rp forum and it blew me away, I haven't even brought myself to post a bio there yet.)

So I was thinking of perhaps pulling another Getting To Know You Rp. Some very old members may remember it. It was the first rp I ever hosted here. The main plot was simple - meeting people. The location was standard - a tavern in a crossroads town. The characters - Anything from humans to God's. To length and skill requirement - None. The last I think is what brought so many into it. It was quick, simple, no pressure. Short posts were welcomed. I think we may need that again here.

I am not saying tossing out all the skill that has been culled here on the forum but throw something out there that may bring in more members that are perhaps hesitant because they haven't done this before or that are so out of practice they want to get their feet wet before taking a dive.

I am not sure what the current status is about running multiple rps but I would love to do this. (And now that I have the amount of time on my hands that I had so long ago, I know I could easily juggle hosting multiple rps.) I would kill to give this a try and see what we could do to bring in some fresh blood here, as well as bringing back some of the older players. As some may have noticed, us old timers are starting to crawl out of the wood work.

With a simple set up, requiring only a basic bio, allowing for the basic of posts and giving people the freedoms of both being able to sit in the shadows and having no post time requirements( meaning one post or back and forth constantly) I think, I hope, we might be able to get a bit more activity around here.

Another plus to this type of rp is that it helps those out of practice or pressed for time get their posting speed up. It helps get you in a groove not having to read long posts and helps you respond quickly and succinctly.

I would really like to give it a go. I know it risks a fall in quality of posts but hey, we all started out as noobs. Even in my beginning I would post things like. ~Tif walked in, yadda yadda, yadda and sat down.~ But that changed over time. I'd so love to watch some new comers grow.

Thoughts?
Post #: 1
6/19/2015 8:22:15   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

I would love to participate in such an RP. While my college-life prevents me from hosting and participating in full-sized RPs, namely ones including heavy content, regular action and plot involvement, I would definitely like to participate in an RP where conversation and the act of getting to know each other are key elements.

I would further love it if everyone participated in this RP. The more, the merrier. :3

Count me in...!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
6/19/2015 11:57:00   
Kooroo

Hmm, fair enough. Although this is sounding a lot like Yulgar's.
Is there anything really different?
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/19/2015 12:07:41   
Afina
Weaver of Epic Yarns

The biggest difference is the active gm that is able by reading all the plot lines to throw out sudden actions that can drive together or rip apart character groups. It's a more guided handed in the over all aspect, with npcs that are gm controlled but with a more lax setting and flow.
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> Getting to know you RP
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition