Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Birthday / Leaving / Returning / Welcoming Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Birthday / Leaving / Returning / Welcoming Thread
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/28/2016 22:15:31   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

Popping in for nostalgia's sake. It's bittersweet to see some of these names making one off posts again even if it was from months ago (Circe!). At least I know the old crowd is still alive.

AQ AQW  Post #: 51
2/4/2016 0:45:33   
Travis Touchdown
Reality Touchdown!

Well, folks, it's about that time.

Well, to be entirely honest, "that time" was quite a while ago, and yet... I just couldn't bring myself to let go quite yet.

It's been no secret that my activity for... well, let's call it what it is, two or so years now has been on the spotty side. I wish I could spin you an epic tale of adventure, romance, and incredibly spectacular duels to the death to justify my absence... but that would be a lie. The truth is... no matter how much I hate to admit it, the time has come to say goodbye.

It's been a heck of a journey. When I first showed up here in 2009, I was just some teenage dweeb, looking for an online place to roost. And boy, did I find it.

That was... holy, has it really been seven years? And what a seven years it's been.

We've had some times, haven't we? Many of you, I fought dozens of virtual wars with. Others, we've talked at length over games, movies, even philosophy. Whether the times were good, or bad, this place was here for me. YOU were here for me. Some of you might remember, about three years ago I had a full blown mental breakdown. Some of you, seeing just how deep into my depression I was in, sent me messages of support. Believe it or not, while I've made a recovery, I still keep a copy of those old messages for those times where I start to slip. You have no idea how much you helped in my darkest hours.

You guys are absolutely amazing, you know that? I've plumbed the depths of the internet and I've never found a place quite like this. People quite like YOU. I'll say it (or rather, type it) until my fingers atrophy and fall off, this place is one of the most wonderful places on the internet. And that's all because of YOU. But, ultimately, all things come to an end, and it seems the season for my time here has passed.

There are... SO many people I would love to shout-out to here. Far too many to do one by one. So, forgive me if I generalize a bit.

To my fellow ArchKnights, the mods, and the development team: It has been an honour. Truly, I mean this. You lot, you crazy lot, are some of the most insane and lovely people I've ever known. When I was first approached about joining the ranks of the ArchKnights, I was so unsure of my ability to live up to you that I spent four days deliberating before I accepted. It's a decision I've never looked back on, and if given the chance to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. The times we shared are ones I might never forget. Thank you so much for sharing them with me.

To the Warmongers: It has been a pleasure. The late nights of banter, the community spirit, and the way that we, as complete strangers, bonded over virtual warfare is an experience I have never seen replicated elsewhere. In particular, Operation Gameocide was one of the most beautiful community efforts I've ever seen. It may have been three years ago, but the way that the defenders of BattleOn, Falconreach, and the others came together was a thing of beauty. Never judging, always supportive, and ever so welcoming. Never change, my friends.

To the forums at large: It has been a privilege. You, my friends, are what make this place so great. I think it says a lot that I hardly ever had to step in directly to keep everything peaceful... because peace was in your hands all along. Some of the various forum activities here were insane in all of the best ways-- April Fool's comes to mind. The delightful madness of the EbilCorp Cookie Corruption was my personal favourite, though the big "SOON" prank is a close second. But even beyond that... whether we were getting hyped, having civil debates, or, well, whatever our moods compelled us to do, we did it in style. And I have YOU to thank for that. Love you guys. <3

Truth be told, I don't know where the road ahead leads for me. I mean, who ever really knows, right? Could rock. Could be dangerous. Could totally suck. But rest assured, come what may, I'll draw my beam and stand triumphant in the garden of madness.

It's been a wonderful seven years, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Maybe someday, I'll return, and we'll pick up where we left off.

Peace out, folks. Travis Touchdown, signing off.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
2/14/2016 8:54:39   
Corvus Corax
♥ Senpai ♥

Had a free moment and thought I'd visit the old OOC. Ah, I wish it were more active but I suppose I haven't the right to say that.
Oh well *waves*
AQ AQW  Post #: 53
2/14/2016 9:03:36   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Interesting to see all the old timers popping in from time to time... I've been here for almost 5 years now, yet I still feel so nooby compared to some peeps!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 54
2/14/2016 23:34:25   
Dragon_Koopa

Popping in to check my childhood. Nice to see some familiar names popping in as well. (Looking at you Xplayer c:)

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
2/16/2016 13:33:49   
Warmonger DragonJax
Creative!

The warmonger has is now level 18 right now!
Post #: 56
2/22/2016 9:20:39   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

@Travis Touchdown: I know it's a couple weeks late, but it's still sad to see another community member "officially leave." See you around the internet!
AQ AQW  Post #: 57
2/27/2016 9:51:47   
UnderSoul

I've decided to return to posting here again. Sad to see a number of friends left while I was gone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
3/6/2016 16:22:17   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Well, life has been a bit busy for me lately, and I don't have a lot of time anymore. Therefore I'm afraid I'm going to be taking a break from Twitter and the Forums. I don't know how long I'll be away but I suppose this is farewell for now.
DF  Post #: 59
3/15/2016 7:57:17   
SSJ

Hello all. It's been awhile ^_^
AQ DF  Post #: 60
3/30/2016 21:32:01   
Baker

Someone referenced AQ on Reddit today and I couldn't resist coming back to check this place out. It's fun (but also sad given the state of the forums) to see some names floating around here. I started to list everyone I remember from this thread but it's literally every name checking back in here so I decided that was redundant.

Such incredible memories of late night IRC, AK'ing, creative writing (with Circe's edits!), AQ, DF, Space Pirates, and everything else with this community. I started doing creative writing to get the title on here, as vain as that is, and that talent helped me get into my college and end up where I am today. I have no doubt that having to express myself in writing when helping out in Newbie Help, GGD, the OOC, the Encyclopedia, etc. helped me develop, and I know that spending time here was a lot more productive than what many other teenage kids get up to. A good lesson for any parents that worry about strangers on the internet -- I think all of us circling back to say hi can testify to how many positive things can come from it. I'll always cherish AE and the people here.

Big, hearty, sentimental thanks and best wishes to everyone. I hope you're all happy and healthy.

- Baker (Bballman23 pre the name change...all of you had cool non-number names so I had to get rid of mine!)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
4/20/2016 15:30:29   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Well, I level up IRL. I can now legally enter clubs ^__^
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 62
4/20/2016 17:14:39   
UnderSoul

Happy Birthday ss!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
4/20/2016 17:56:50   
SonicTbear

Happy Birthday! You are now old enough to enter Fight Club!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
4/24/2016 14:16:50   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

Oh man. That rare SSJ appearance! :O

Also, Happy birthday, ss! Woo!

Also-also, I too have aged once again! Do I seem wiser? More mature? No? Okay. ;-;
AQ AQW  Post #: 65
4/27/2016 22:50:17   
Sir Nicholas

Hello AE Forums.

How long has it been? One year and two days. Yet, it seems only yesterday that I was writing my first stories and having fun with my old crew. Eleven years. That's how long I've been part of this Forum.
AQ  Post #: 66
5/2/2016 7:51:35   
Helixi

Time certainly does fly. I saw an advert for DF on Google and decided to pop back.

< Message edited by Helixi -- 5/2/2016 7:52:27 >
AQ DF  Post #: 67
5/23/2016 1:14:46   
Zero Hex

Still alive!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 68
5/25/2016 9:53:35   
Enzeru

Hello everyone. Just stopping by to say hi after so long. Anyways if someone could give me a hand with this, I would really appreciate it.

< Message edited by Enzeru -- 5/25/2016 9:55:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
6/18/2016 6:03:23   
skydrite
Silently watching...

oh, finally I can log in again. it's been a while. after years of dealing with a broken desktop i was able to buy a new one. haha.

i'm glad to be back.
AQ  Post #: 70
6/18/2016 13:04:44   
pjc
Legendary AK!!!

Boarding the nostalgia train ^
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 71
7/18/2016 10:35:24   
kkaionsg

I think I used this forum once or twice a long time ago. Before AQ worlds. Going on a nostalgia trip heheh. Hi all!
AQ  Post #: 72
7/31/2016 3:40:03   
Supertails
L♥ve

Wow...haven't been on here in years. I wish it were more active, I'd love to participate in discussions again. :[

So yeah anyway HI EVERYONE

I am a tired person.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
8/1/2016 5:22:20   
Superemo
Constructive!

Didn't want to jinx it by mentioning it before it was over, so yesterday was my birthday. It was actually a pretty good one. Spent time with family, then spent time with some friends. Got a few things I've wanted for a while. Overall, a good start to the next trip around the sun.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 74
8/28/2016 9:29:58   
DarkLore

Forgive this huge bump to this topic, but today (August 28th) is my 24th birthday! I feel old! LOL!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> RE: Birthday / Leaving / Returning / Welcoming Thread
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition