Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Energy control

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Energy control
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/25/2015 3:25:51   
Front45

Hi all. i wanna say once. every class need energy to play.

Tactical Mercenary has energy backup and atom smasher.

Tech Mage has energy backup and assimilation.

Cyber Hunter has emp grenade and static charge.

Bounty Hunter has only static grenade only one skill for energy.

Mercenary has only static smash.

Blood Mage has also energy parasite.

Why 3 classes have 2 skills for energy and other 3 classes have only 1 skill
Post #: 1
6/25/2015 3:35:30   
Mother1

Answer because

Bounty hunter
Blood mage
and Mercenary

Have 2 moves in one.

Their moves both drain and gain energy where as Cyber hunter, Tactical Merc and Tech mage have them apart.

Well TM has 2 energy gainers (since Assimilation give and takes energy) But the point is the other three don't need them because their moves energy control moves are duel purpose. So it is basically like having an energy drainer and gainer in one.
Epic  Post #: 2
6/25/2015 7:53:07   
The berserker killer

Use a Gen. All classes will have 2 sources of energy (minimum). Youre welcome
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
6/25/2015 8:11:17   
Front45

Also i forgot Tactical Mercenary's Frenzy skill which gives u energy.

There are 3 poor classes and 3 power classes. need work on Blood Mage, Bounty Hunter and Mercenary
Post #: 4
6/26/2015 11:12:54   
SS

I agree, energy is unbalanced, this used to be countered by using strength for damage (strike needs no energy, so you could at least use that when you're empty and it gave you a shot to win) but doesn't work any more, for obvious reasons (see last unbalance update).
Post #: 5
6/26/2015 14:58:25   
Dual Thrusters

This is because BM, BH, and Merc have potent energy drains- giving them EP and burning the opponent's EP at the same time. Cyber and Tlm need to give up energy to burn the opponent's energy.

The only exception is Tech Mage's Assimilation, but they get away with it since they have so many damage skills.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/26/2015 18:01:03   
King Bling

bm merc have burst moves so they have an energy draw back, you remove it and it gets op
Post #: 7
6/26/2015 19:52:35   
Illuminist

Bunker is hardly used @Bling
Post #: 8
6/27/2015 2:02:23   
kittycat

My overall experience with Energy Parasite, Battery Backup, Frenzy, and Atom Smasher has been quite distinct.

Energy Parasite is definitely weak in its control. After its reduction in duration, the opponents can activate their EP-generating potential (Battery Backup or Generator) without additional loss of energy after 2 turns. BMs do garner more energy in less turns, but the old version is preferable because there can be a higher chance of recovery in the event that an EP drainer hits. To address the energy draining concern over three turns, I believe the minimum energy garnered should be raised to 50-100 EP per turn while maintaining its 2-turn duration.

Battery Backup is essentially free EP but using it at the right time is contingent on whether the EP-draining moves are in cooldown or can no longer be used. The amount is feasible, but I wonder if it is possible to do it based on % of one's energy pool? The only controlling factor of this move is others' EP-draining mechanisms, so no need to address.

Frenzy, I believe the % can be reduced by 5%, but unblockable.

Atom Smasher is useful, but the only concern is that it cannot be on par with EMP, so perhaps reverting it from % of damage to a set amount may be helpful.

< Message edited by kittycat -- 6/27/2015 2:03:12 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 9
6/27/2015 8:55:39   
SS

Energy parasite has been weak since its beginning, since it has a delayed effect, giving the "victim" a chance to react before the energy drain is completed. Changing it to 2 turns shortened the period in which the victim can react and improved a little bit the energy drain feature, but keeping the cooldown at 3 created a hybridization monster of a skill, and not in a good or strong way. Overall I would say the BM has the weakest energy drain/generating skill set of all classes, which is weird for a "mage" (especially considering the other mage has 2 energy skills at once, both generating), but hey, names are just a convention in this game.
Post #: 10
6/27/2015 14:05:38   
  Exploding Penguin

Sometimes it's more convenient to have both a drain and a heal in the same skill so both can happen in one turn.

Epic  Post #: 11
6/27/2015 14:36:32   
nowras

Parasite is good tbh but the requirements are alot 42 support at max level? why!!?!!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/27/2015 20:28:27   
Lord Machaar

^Because strenght BMs back then pretty much were ruling the game, but anyways, I think requirements (stats, weapons..) should be reviewed, as some draining/gaining skills are way too overpowered now compared to others. Mercs for instance have the worst energy-wise move, compared to some other moves like assimilation, which if used with a strenght build, it can drain the same energy drained by static smash, which is a bit absurd, as TMs already have a stable energy source, so at the end of the day, TMs will always have more energy than Mercs, as if for example TMs use battery back up, mercs will usually use static smasher, that, at its best, can drain 300 energy, and gives back almost 250, now assimilation can drain up to 290 energy, and brings back 145, leaving mercs with 0 energy. This can happen to all classes but to mercs in a much worse way.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/27/2015 20:37:12 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 13
6/28/2015 3:25:18   
King Bling

Machaar your really sad.
Post #: 14
6/28/2015 13:52:07   
Lord Machaar

Haha not really, I'm just saying that before all, mercs should be buffed because static smash is way too weak compared to some other skills. Reasons are explained above.
MQ Epic  Post #: 15
6/28/2015 19:36:29   
The berserker killer

Really really sad
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 16
6/28/2015 20:41:46   
Illuminist

Really really really sad
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Energy control
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition