Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= June 25, 2015 - Bido Has Arrived!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= June 25, 2015 - Bido Has Arrived!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/25/2015 14:32:22   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

June 25, 2015
Bido Has Arrived!

The adorable android Bido has finally arrived on Delta V! Well...technically. He's still hanging out in the Afterlife (accessible from Frysteland), but he's SUPER curious about all these humans running around and dueling each other. He knows the quickest way to a human's heart is food, but new weapons are also a big draw to the combative citizens of Delta V.

Visit Bido, floating casually on a piece of broken Void rock, and investigate his brilliant shop packed with amazing items!

Bido knows what humans like, and he knows they love the thrill of battle! Help Bido enjoy that same thrill by bopping him on his shiny round head with your new Heavy Katanas! Bido is withholding a couple weapons for himself. Through enough battle, you may be able to "persuade" him to drop them for your use.

Help Bido get in touch with his human side and learn about the world beyond the Void through a series of new missions with spectacular rewards! Plus, be sure to claim the Bido Breaker achievement for besting the runty robot in battle!

Home Sweet Bido

Bido is also bringing a hearty bounty of new home items for your enjoyment! Stock up on katana displays, dragons, and bobbleheads to really help tie that Frysteland Yurt of yours together.

Void Essentials
During the Frozen Fury event, we offered a mission chain that allowed players to use the gifting system to obtain ingredients for the very powerful Endless Armor. After gifting was removed from the game and reincarnated as the Code system, the only way to obtain Void Shards was by purchasing directly. Many players hoped for a way to obtain the ingredients without outright purchasing them. To accomodate this request, we will be introducing a new ingredient: Void Essence

Void Essence, made from coalesced Void particles, can be collected from the level 35 Void Creature, the Void Kind, and Bido. This will give those who missed the Gifting event a chance to collect one of the most awesome armors in game!
If you're very close to unlocking the armor the old way, Void Shards will now be available as Silver Tier items form the Frozen Fury Arcade machine!

Limo-ZEEEEEEEN!
This Friday, Revontheus will be offering a new, full color custom version of the Limousine. It was a heady task to break this complex vehicle down to perform the color separations while maintaining the effects of the gradients (Rev loooooooves him some gradients).

We would like to extend a special thanks to RomanianMaster for suggesting this. He will be receiving his own in-game as soon as the release goes live! I hope to see some trendy duelists cruising around Delta V in style!
Tags: Nightwraith

Tagged! You're it. ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 6/25/2015 14:58:30 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/25/2015 14:36:59   
Mother1

This is nice and all but what about the war? Did my match on counting the hours from what I remember and the war should have been here by now.
Epic  Post #: 2
6/25/2015 14:45:07   
comicalbike

Mother1 the war does not matter there is nothing to do in it and exile will win so these updates better
Epic  Post #: 3
6/25/2015 21:55:17   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Void Shards will now be available as Silver Tier items form the Frozen Fury Arcade machine!

What
Didn't these things used to cost like 25K credits or somehting.
Epic  Post #: 4
6/25/2015 22:11:49   
Lord Machaar

The balance has officialy stopped I see, sure the underdog mode was a good move, and you applied just a portion of what players with brain told you, and you can already see that there isn't that huge desire for a balance change, a minor ones, but I believe there are a lot of other things that still need to be fixed, 2vs2s, juggernauts battles and wars, or did the balance team start another project also, a new mobile app of theirs? or they are already balancing biobeast?

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/25/2015 22:21:36 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 5
6/25/2015 22:55:23   
dfo99

the war countdown will no more back? why the wasteland war ends for almost 2 months (or aprox 1400 hours) and there is not even a prevision to the new one starts?
Post #: 6
6/25/2015 23:31:55   
One Winged Angel1357

@Machaar The balance team is still working on balance and if we haven't heard anything it is because they don't want to make promises for a change that isn't happening. My guess is they are doing something with Strength based on Ranloth's thread about strength
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/26/2015 0:13:45   
Lord Machaar

If we are talking about tweaking a stat, which frankly consumed almost 2 months since the strenght/Underdog mode, I think 2vs2/juggernaut underdog mode will be coming in 2016 and war balance in 2017 basing my words on how much time was consumed to tweak a stat. I think it is time to call for some help, as there are many players who are willing to help. (excluding me, because life and my ED 2011's chat history, no seriously, I wish devs can give me my history chatlog of 2010/11/12/13, I was a naughty boy, I would have a good laugh reading 2010's bad jokes).

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/26/2015 0:14:35 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
6/26/2015 5:34:15   
Ranloth
Banned

Charfade has mentioned once in the Livestream, that we do want at least 2 weeks between each (bigger) balance change, to gather data. Ideally a month, if the balance permits to do so - for example, like now.

And no, we don't have plans to tweak just Strength. Since we left quite a gap between last balance change and the one we have planned (no ETA, but it's not months away / 2016 / etc.), few issues have popped up and few others which are unrelated to last balance change but issues nevertheless. This includes some Bots underperforming, some cores being a little bit too weak (compared to others), some skills underperforming after the last change + variety tweaks to skills (changing how some skills work to be a bit more creative), and taking another look at Strength.*
We can do more common balance changes, but it's only extending our testing times, creating bigger workload, lack of sufficient amount of data, and the amount of changes would also be minimal - to the point where it'd have little effect, or even shift the game meta (because some changes should go alongside eachother, rather than separate).

Getting more people on board to do balance, won't help at all. If anything, testing wise it would improve but the discussion part of it doesn't need a whole load of people - we have Forums for that, since we take balance issues from here and discuss them (if they are actual issues, that is). The frequency of balance changes would remain the same for the most part.

* Before it's taken out of context: it would not be a nerf, but a buff
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
6/26/2015 6:18:38   
SouL Prisoner

I am confused! Is this release live yet or not??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/26/2015 8:12:38   
One Winged Angel1357

@Soul if you log in and are greeted with a screen showing Bido then it is live
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/26/2015 10:01:22   
The berserker killer

You're taking balance issues from here rather than testing them yourselves....that would explain alot
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
6/26/2015 10:03:59   
King Bling

Ikr they need spoon feeding for knowning that str is nerfed to ground, skills working with str are nerfed to ground, massacre is utter crap, and rest stuff.

Edit: Dont need new weapons, give us new cores, classes, skills, bots, not house items, maybe shut epicduel down for a year and then bring out a whole new ed with new classes but status tag remains.

< Message edited by King Bling -- 6/26/2015 10:05:07 >
Post #: 13
6/26/2015 10:08:08   
Darkwing

What is void essence? Cause I din't get it from Nightwraith.

It gives you the armor, ordoes it replace void shards??
Post #: 14
6/26/2015 10:26:42   
Bender Rodriguez

@Darkwing it replaces armor.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/26/2015 10:57:18   
Mother1

@ King Bling

you aren't the first person to suggest shutting down epic duel so they can fix the problems that is wrong with the game. heck I have said this many times but the game truly needs a Jenny Jones make over for it to be successful.
Epic  Post #: 16
6/26/2015 11:02:06   
One Winged Angel1357

@Darkwing it looks like Void Essence is used to replace Void Shards

@Ghost God Have you ever considered the option that they are doing both? Some balance changes are forums suggestions others are creations of the balance team

EDIT: I believe Artix's promise to never take down a game would prevent the dev's from taking the game down and fixing it Arkham Knight style even if they wanted to

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 6/26/2015 11:04:40 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
6/26/2015 11:04:47   
Mother1

@ OWA

The design notes mentioned that the shards would be in the arcade as a silver prize unless I am mistaken.
Epic  Post #: 18
6/26/2015 11:20:21   
One Winged Angel1357

@Mother you are correct

quote:

After gifting was removed from the game and reincarnated as the Code system, the only way to obtain Void Shards was by purchasing directly. Many players hoped for a way to obtain the ingredients without outright purchasing them. To accomodate this request, we will be introducing a new ingredient: Void Essence
If you're very close to unlocking the armor the old way, Void Shards will now be available as Silver Tier items form the Frozen Fury Arcade machine!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/26/2015 12:01:41   
Lord Machaar

@Ranloth:
It has been almost 2 months, because the last balance changes were applied on the 1st week of May, and since the next balance update didn't come this week, and probably isn't coming in the next week, it will eventually mean that you took 2 months to tweak the game, because according to me, the game has never been this good, a huge variety of builds emerged after strenght builds were slowed down:
- Dex TMs, BHs, BMs...
- Support TLMs - Mercs.
- 5 Focus builds (all classes).
- Strenght TMs.
While before the last patchnote of may, only one build ruled the game which was the strenght abusing build.
The game now isn't perfect and it takes "Tweaks", some bots are off the charts, some cores are off the charts, some skills are off the charts, but the main thing here is, these things can be replaced, if you think a core isn't doing well, use another one until it is fixed, same goes for bots, etc... I don't consider a balance problem as a serious one until it is directly affecting a whole class, which you can't easily replace (not everyone can pay 50k credits) or a battle mode, which not everyone can replace, for instance 2vs2 battle mode, which frankly I consider as a critical battle mode to balance the game, especially when we talk about level ranges (36 - 40) and rank ranges (1 - 10). Underdog mode really helped, but in my eyes it still needs a buff, not at high rank ranges, but at low ones and also at some level ranges, because at reset, when the player base drops down, this forces the game to match players of different worlds, which sadly occurs on all battle modes.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/26/2015 12:15:40 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 20
6/26/2015 12:27:25   
The Jop

Geez, does almost every NPC have to be level 40? I feel like more than half the game is not accessible to you until you reach the max level.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
6/26/2015 12:50:56   
The berserker killer

Yes I have considered it until I saw a few live streams from our testers and came to the conclusion that you guys aren't that experienced. I'm not downplaying anyone here or anything but hear me out.

Most of you guys don't play the game. If anything you guys have probably only made it to level 40, if even that, and maybe 6/7 ranks by actually playing. Yet when you go inside the dev server you guys merely type in an action, boom youre whatever level you want to be and you try to "test it". Now thats like the equivalent of giving a poor man a thousand dollars. Its overwhelming and he doesn't know what to do just like you guys don't know what to do with your newly acquired ranks because you haven't earned them. You haven't played at that level so everything just seems really strong to you and powerful. But you understand that it should be powerful because you made it that way. Yet when other players( low rankers) complain you say to yourself "maybe we missed something" then you Nerf not knowing that a rank 40 (example) actually wasn't that strong and you didn't know that because you didn't play with the general population. You didn't fight with us. You fought another dev using builds that no one would ever use (with all due respect).

THE ONLY DEV IVE SEEN IN OMEGA WHO FOUGHT WITH US AND TESTED RANKS OUT ON ACTUAL PLAYERS WAS REVONTHEUS. And actually that was quite fun. He would change his ranks around, change his build and fight us and it was fun and I bet it was 10x more effective to balance that way as opposed to catering to the needs of the lower rankers. Because who has something to complain about more: A rank 40 who loses 55% of his matches or a rank 1 who loses 55% of his matches? The rank one will complain because hes under the impression hes losing cause of ranks when in reality he sucks just as much as the rank 40 who wont complain he knows he sucks. I'm not being mean, I'm just being honest.

So now who floods the balance section? Rank ones, rank 5 tops because at the end of the day they cant deal with the fact that maybe they just suck and at the end of the day you guys, our testers, just type in an action and get whatever rank you want without battling and testing over thousands of builds and using millions of credits to retrain. You dont have that problem nor that experience.

Just being honest. You need a wider tester population. At least 35-50 dedicated individuals to fight on a tester server for at least an hour a day testing diff builds with a large quality and various quantity of people.

EDIT: I mean lets be honest here....you guys still single click to add stats instead of holding down shift. You guys thought gun scaling with dex was a good idea. When referring to ranks and legendary mode you guys said "What do the green things do".

I'm not calling anyone a noob and I apologize if it seems that way. You may have been the best in delta or gamma or alpha or whatever but we're not there anymore so that experience you had means nothing. We're in omega now and previous phase experience wont aid you that much when it comes to balance.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 6/26/2015 13:01:48 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 22
6/26/2015 14:14:48   
Lord Machaar

Anyways, beside balance and stuff, have you noticed that Bido's NPC has a weird stand in the battle?
I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with the stand, where his right foot isn't equally put on the ground as the left one. At first I thought he is flying in the air, but once he attacks, he is walking.
It would be a nice thing though to make next NPCs fly in the air rather than the typical standing of NPCs in-battles.
MQ Epic  Post #: 23
6/26/2015 15:18:16   
comicalbike

just to let all know the drop rate for void level 35 is about 2% i just fought him 100 times got 1 at fight 37 the next one at fight 50 then no more for the next 50 fights so have given up for him today as drop rate very low

< Message edited by comicalbike -- 6/27/2015 8:25:49 >
Epic  Post #: 24
6/26/2015 15:26:02   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

50% is a very high drop rate, maybe you meant to say 5%?
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= June 25, 2015 - Bido Has Arrived!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition