Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Frost Shard

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Frost Shard
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/25/2015 16:22:14   
King Bling

Why not usable when enemy has 0 energy? I wanted to use an energy move at rage without a chance of getting blocked by the dex mage, the safest move was to frost shards since he was low and its deflectable since I have high tech, chances were less.

Conclusion - Make it usable even if enemy has 0 energy since it can be used in various situations when enemy has higher dex, you dont want to take the risk of getting blocked, etc.
There's absolutely no harm from it, this wont over power the core as well.

Moved from ED GD ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 6/25/2015 18:12:01 >
Post #: 1
6/25/2015 16:34:19   
Mother1

Because frost shards primary purpose is to be a lingering energy drainer with the damage being secondary. That was why the damage is only 85% seeing as it is putting more emphasis on it's effect rather than damage.

It was never meant to be a primary source of damage otherwise the effect wouldn't be there and the damage would be like any of the other damage based cores.
Epic  Post #: 2
6/25/2015 17:34:47   
Stonehawk

But it does its purpose even if energy is 0, because we know the player going to recover energy, and allowing it to be used while in 0 energy can strategically prevent the opponent to recover energy in that turn or decreasing it's energy on the turn he tries to get some energy back.

< Message edited by Stonehawk -- 6/25/2015 17:35:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/25/2015 18:02:05   
Mother1

@ Stonehawk

That because the effect lingers for 3 turns like frostbite. Which is why it still works after the energy is put down to 0. However even with this when it was first applied the opponent still had energy. With the exception of energy parasite all energy drainers work in this same manner. They are active when the opponent has energy and go inactive if their isn't any seeing as they are used for that purpose to drain energy with any secondary effects (in this case damage) being secondary.

If OP wants a free unblockable attack there is the sidearm, the aux, and any deflectable/unblockable special robot that can be used. There are many choices that can be used. Or he is looking for a strength one Hawk guardian, Plasma meteor, and the yeti core are all unblockable sources of damage that work with strength as well.
Epic  Post #: 4
6/25/2015 21:40:47   
  Exploding Penguin

Supported. It shouldn't be restricted like that.

Also I don't quite remember if this was fixed but at one point there was a glitch concerning frost shards actually being unable to bring people down to 0 energy or something. Does this still exist?
Epic  Post #: 5
6/25/2015 21:48:36   
The berserker killer

Supported. I can use Piston when my opponent has 0 Energy, and I can use parasite when my opponent has less than 10 energy ( I think I can use it at 0 energy too because ive done it before)
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
6/25/2015 21:58:11   
Lord Machaar

Supported, I would like to use frost shards one turn in advance (if my opponent is going to energy up with parasite, which means less energy drained or with static grenade also) while I dedicate the following turn to heal, I would like also to use it to just waste energy if there is no other means (to prevent my opponent from draining my energy to use it for his own intentions). In conclusion my opponent would be unable to drain a bigger amount of energy if I didn't use frost shards, example if I had 200 energy and my opponent has 0 energy, and it was my turn to play, I wouldn't be able then to use frost shards, so in the next turn my opponent will be able to drain effectively all my energy (Mercs - TechMages - Bhs - BMs), being able to use frost shards in this case while my oppponent has 0 energy is beneficial.
The damage thing indicated by King Bling also helps, as @Mother1, just because the skill isn't made to deal a damage, well, it doesn't deal 125% damage and it is deflectable, so I think the skill should be used even though your opponent has 0 energy.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/25/2015 22:03:58 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 7
6/25/2015 22:40:48   
King Bling

Like machaar said, if I am fighting a tm with 0 energy left and I want to use up my energy through frost shards so even if he assimilations I am sure that he can use minor cores which take 60 to 80 energy. This 0 energy thing shouldnt be restricted since it not only does 85% damage but is also deflectable and yea thats it.
Post #: 8
6/26/2015 1:57:46   
The berserker killer

Exactly, kinda adds in strategy to foresee your opponents next move and counter it. I do the same with parasite
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 9
6/26/2015 19:49:39   
Illuminist

Since when has frost shards been 85%... JUST TESTED IT. SHARDS IS 100% DAMAGE
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Frost Shard
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition