Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A new core called : Fair Game

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> A new core called : Fair Game
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/27/2015 8:36:42   
nowras

An armor core called: Fair Game

Effect: Reduces block and deflection chance by 20% for all the players in the field
Reduces Critical chance and stun chance by 10% for all the players in the field

Type: Passive

Note: Luck factors can't go lower than 5% with this core

< Message edited by nowras -- 6/30/2015 11:13:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/27/2015 9:31:53   
Oswald Cobblepot

I think this is the right place to post core suggestions bro → http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21022311
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
6/27/2015 14:09:16   
  Exploding Penguin

This kind of core isn't suited to be a core as it doesn't benefit only the wielder.

Basically an alternate version of lucky strike/aim assist that benefits all people in the battle.
Epic  Post #: 3
6/27/2015 16:07:05   
8x

Hmm, this actually seems interesting. What if it did zero damage and removed all chances of blocks, deflections and critical hits for, lets say, 2 or 3 turns?
Epic  Post #: 4
6/27/2015 16:15:57   
Mother1

@ 8x

How would that work if someone used the Cyber yeti core which ensures you get 100% blocks and deflections? Which one would take priority?
Epic  Post #: 5
6/27/2015 16:27:30   
The berserker killer

I like this....removes it for the entire match. cyber yeti would take priority of course
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
6/27/2015 17:16:57   
Mother1

@ TBK

I could totally see strength builds getting a buff if that core gets into the game since the major bane (hindrance) of a strength build would be defensive luck factors.
Epic  Post #: 7
6/27/2015 17:29:46   
8x

Yeah, having it last the entire match seems a bit much, that's why I suggested 2-3 turns.

@Mother1
Any skills/cores with secondary effects like Ice Shield would take priority.
Epic  Post #: 8
6/27/2015 17:46:14   
The berserker killer

So would Support builds, or focus
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 9
6/27/2015 17:57:04   
Mother1

@ TBK

Actually a nerf/buff. While support builds wouldn't have to worry about being deflected the one thing the use high support for (Crits) will be taken out of the game. So for them it is a buff and a nerf.

For Focus it will be more of a nerf seeing as they make their builds to get all the luck factors (Deflections, blocks, and crits) and these would be gone from the match as well. The only buff would be for those infernal android users who use the laser with rage seeing as it would have 0% chance of getting deflected.
Epic  Post #: 10
6/27/2015 18:22:11   
The berserker killer

Then str would get the buff it needs. Bedsides the user will most likely be a str user based on what we just went over. Hes gonna benefit the most so just make the energy cost really high if it will take effect throughout the entire match. Sacrifice a large %of energy for 0% luck. The users opponent will still have energy and not take any dmg
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
6/27/2015 22:02:43   
One Winged Angel1357

Crits were added to the game to deal with super tanks so removing all luck factors may actually lead to a more powerful tank build instead of a more powerful strength build.

That said I don't see anyone saying this core should change rage which was the other measure introduced to deal with tanks so maybe not
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/28/2015 0:39:36   
Lord Machaar

^ In fact, removing all luck factors will definetly promote for stronger strenght builds, since then, you won't really have to worry about getting blocked, a 1.5k HP with all other stats to strenght would rule the game as you will deal 300 damage each round, inflicting a damage equal to 25% of a tank build player in one attack, meaning that you can basically finish your opponent off within 4 turns. Builds like support builds, dex abusing, tech abusing builds and a vast majority of other builds will go off to the bin. As for super tanks, they will eventually lose the battle, no matter how much defense/resistance they have, since strenght builds can deal a huge amount of damage each turn, and you can't forget about rage, unless rage is being removed also, that might give tank builds a chance.

As for OP, putting the fact that the devs will no longer make cores for the game, which will mean that everything we said, will be said, suggested about cores, will be suggested about cores, don't matter as devs won't be making cores anymore since they consume a lot of their time, a time dedicated to build a new game. Devs now barely work on making Design notes/tweets/dealing with in-game reports and ofcourse saying that they are still working on ED. Anyways, moving on, I think we should focus on balancing the game we have now, with its current assets, with its current content, giving suggestions about things that will never happen is just a waste of time, instead giving suggestions about how to fix the flaws in it, will pretty much be useful as testers still can fix that without the intrusion of devs. As for removing luck factors from the game, I think this will remove a bit the unpredictability of the game, and the game will pretty much turns into who starts first, or who has more levels/ranks, I however think that blocks/defs/crits get more controlled so they can be dealt while there is a reason for that, not in case where you have 50 more dex than your opponent, but still, your opponent blocks 20 attacks of yours, while you don't block any of his.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/28/2015 1:01:52 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 13
6/28/2015 3:31:29   
King Bling

Na machaar one shield spam like tlm's and gg 5 turns 30 damage.
Post #: 14
6/28/2015 9:43:08   
nowras

Reducing block chance by 20% wont affect alot on dex mages since they have 35% chance to block so 35-20=15% chance to block while i will have 0 chance to block him the same thing goes to high focus builds

Support builds wont be affected alot too as my defl chance gets lowered with his critical chance but we still have a chance to critical or defl

its a unique core but not super op
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/28/2015 13:55:24   
Lord Machaar

King bling: tms for instance have bludegon, fire scyth, they can equip a physical core and gg.
MQ Epic  Post #: 16
6/28/2015 15:23:46   
King Bling

Talking in general. Not all classes have access.
Post #: 17
6/28/2015 18:28:48   
Lord Machaar

It doesn't even matter, because once a build/class go viral, everyone will use it, same thing that happened awhile ago with str BMs and strenght builds in general.

@Nowras; 15% is pretty low, and we are talking about dex builds, all other builds will have 0% blocking chance against str abusing builds, and if only blocking chance is the one that is lowered here, well, I think that only strenght builds are the ones who will benefit the most from it, because the only barrier between strenght builds going OP is the chance of their attacks getting blocked.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/28/2015 19:33:47 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 18
6/29/2015 5:38:58   
King Bling

It does matter.
Post #: 19
6/29/2015 12:14:12   
Illuminist

Unless you want battle elf to come and lock this thread, I'd stop posting....Machaar
Post #: 20
6/29/2015 15:25:00   
nowras

Lord Machaar block chance can't get lower than 5% or defl chance or crit chance
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
6/29/2015 15:52:48   
Lord Machaar

@Illuminist:
Who are you to tell me if I can reply or not? If battle Elf saw that my replies are off topic, you would already see that my replies have been edited/deleted. I have no problem if my ideas are way too complicated for you, because in the end they aren't meant for you, therefore if you didn't grasp the idea within my replies, well that's your problem and you don't have the right to tell me if I should stop talking or not because that is called mini-modding and you can get banned for that. If you got something personal to discuss with me PM me because I don't like to go off-topic, if you have a personal problem against me, you can go ahead and send a report to an AK. My ideas were clear, I am an open minded person and I woud like to discuss the after math of suggestions given by other members, the consequences are after all the only problem that could get between a suggestion and its implantation.

@nowras:
Following the current formulas, they can go lower than 5% unless this core doesn't make it go under 5%.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/29/2015 16:28:00 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
6/29/2015 16:06:48   
Illuminist

@Machaar, chill.
@nowras Btw, I don't really like the core... It's better than celtic cleaver core because 15% less block chance is better than 8% hit chance.

EDIT: That's a 23% Hit chance for a strike...

< Message edited by Illuminist -- 6/29/2015 16:10:16 >
Post #: 23
6/29/2015 16:11:02   
Mother1

@ Nowras

With the last balance change they to stats it is quite possible for block, deflection, and crit chance to go down to 0%. If you have a high enough amount of X stat than your opponent you can make it impossible for them to get whatever luck factor comes with said stat.

The only effect chance that doesn't go down to 0% would be stuns.
Epic  Post #: 24
6/29/2015 18:43:22   
King Bling

Nope mother, I have been deflected despite enemy having 21+14 tech and I had 101+35+6, he dint have any deflection cores just doggy buff +5
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> A new core called : Fair Game
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition