Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Checking for Interest.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> Checking for Interest.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/27/2015 11:55:26   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Okay, before I begin, some clarification.

Vanguard Academy won't be coming back. I've delayed its return indefinitely and PMed Ronin of Dreams to lock up the current version. Sad as it is, I am in no state to host an RP of that scale that requires a really high level of planning and organization and one to which I need to devote a lot of my time, something my college Wi-fi is not letting me do. So, I am sorry for that.

Anyways, over to what I have in mind next.

This one is a relatively lighter setting and has a limited number of central characters.

In the olden days, the world was ruled by celestial Dragons who used to roam the lands and soar through the skies, a select few of them were known as the Great Elemental Dragons for they had absolute control over their respective elements and were the Kings of their elemental draconic tribes. However, there were those who wished to take them down and harness their immense powers for themselves and to end the reign of beasts from this world. They called themselves Hunters and much like the Dragons themselves, the Hunter families too could harness the elements to some degree.

As it happened, a devastating war broke out between man and Dragon where the Hunters managed to defeat the Dragons sealing their souls in shrines which were then buried deep within the earth never to be found again.

This is essentially the backstory of the RP and is there just to give you an idea of how the RP is fuelled. Moving on...

In the modern days, the shrines have long since broken and the Dragon souls have entered the bodies of humans. Now in their late teens, these few young men and women have started lives of their own and as reincarnations of the Great Elemental Dragons, have learnt to master the Elemental Powers to some degree. Most of them are of college-going age while working part time jobs while the rest are into their own respective fields. Life for them is as it should go.
However, even the Hunter bloodlines have advanced through the generations and they now seek what is known as the Valfrieger Crystal, a Crystal which if used correctly will let them end the Dragons for eternity. Searching it however is not easy as only a dying Elemental Dragon's cry resonates with the crystal and reveals its whereabouts. Who will win in this battle for survival where none of the parties know of the other's identity...?

So that's pretty much what this RP is about. I figured that since we didn't have an RP set in a modern day setting, I should suggest one and see how it works out. You can either be the Reincarnates or Hunters. Reincarnates stay in the same household(not mandatory but recommended) whereas Hunters can stay wherever or however they want. Part-time jobs involve running book cafes or shops or helping out at restaurants etc.

Do note that you are not the only Dragons. There are tribe Dragon Incarnates who don't know of your identities as well and then there are Rogue Dragons as well who'll try to take you down and take control of your tribes for their own means.

The characters are as follows:

Light Dragon & Hunter
Darkness Dragon & Hunter
Fire Dragon & Hunter
Water Dragon & Hunter
Earth Dragon & Hunter
Wind Dragon & Hunter
Lightning Dragon & Hunter
Ice Dragon & Hunter

So 16 spots in total excluding all the secondary characters that you can make if you want. I seriously doubt if we'll have enough RPers to fill all the spots. That's my only fear since 16 is a big number.

One interesting thing worth noting is that there is indeed one significant way to find out who is a Dragon and who is a Hunter. If a Dragon/Hunter comes in contact or comes too close to a Hunter/Dragon of the opposite Element, a very strong pulse surges between them that's strong enough to push them back or cause a strong gust in the environment. So, careful.

I doubt if with the player requirement, anyone would be interested but do let me know if anyone's interested, or has any suggestions or queries that I can clarify. I look forward to RPing with you guys. :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
6/27/2015 13:29:41   
Bastet

I'd love to play a dragon, and I'd very much be interested in this RP if it actually went live and gathered a decent following.
Post #: 2
6/28/2015 13:23:40   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Answers to a few questions:

quote:

So Reincarnates will have to 'find' each other?

No, Reincarnates know each other and can sense each other to some extent. For the most part, they are all parts of a Council so they are all well-acquainted.

quote:

Can Reincarnates transform into dragons? If so, I take it this would use a lot of energy to maintain and fight with and thus used sparingly.

Yes. Reincarnates can very well transform into Dragon but doing so out in the open or at ground level where they'll be in clear sight might result in Hunters spotting them and coming after them. This does take up a lot of energy but exponentially increases their elemental powers.

quote:

Can we choose to be Western winged-dragons or Eastern serpent-dragons?

You are free to pick your Dragon-types. Whether you want to be a Wyvern, a Four legged Dragon or a Chinese Serpent Dragon or even a Wingless Dragon is completely up to you.

quote:

Are Reincarnates naturally more stronger, faster, and resilient than normal humans?

No. Unless this aspect of you is covered by your powers or you have designed your characters as such, your character is very average in any and all fields, again, unless specified otherwise.

quote:

Can the Water dragon (as a human) breathe underwater? Can the Darkness dragon see in the dark? Can the Energy dragon use their powers to charge their electronics for free?

Yes to all of the above and more. The choice is yours as long as you stick to your element. Ice users cannot wield water-based powers even if their powers involve changing the state of water for their own benefit.

quote:

What is a Tribe? Is it only made up of the same element dragons?

Every Dragon is elemental, and within these elementals are those who've honed their abilities and gained supreme control over their elements. By unanimous decision, they are made the Tribe Chiefs and are as such called The Great Elemental Dragons. Do remember that it is only a title and the Reincarnates are the very first Great Elementals. Their offspring won't necessarily become Great Elementals by default.

quote:

Why do Hunters want to wipe out all Dragons? Were Dragons destructive in the past or is it their powers they want? If it's the latter, do the elder Hunters feed the younger generations lies to fuel their hatred and desire to hunt?

It is the Hunters' belief that Dragons having supreme power and control is bad for their growth and that such power should be wielded by man. Dragons weren't known to be destructive unless compelled to act so. Also, they want the Dragons' powers for themselves so as to become almighty and regain what they believe belongs to them. They nurture their children in a similar way but ways can change.

quote:

I assume there's a Hunter clan for each element and they're ruled by Chiefs?

No. Hunters do not follow a Draconic hierarchy in their families. Hunters are divided into families. Each member of the family can be born with affinity towards any element or no element at all. The ones that do become element-wielders are by default considered to be the primary Hunters and as such go in for the hunt. The non-element wielders mostly go into different jobs or in very rare cases, become hunters too.

quote:

Is there a rite of passage that involves slaying a Dragon?

I'll choose not to answer this question here.

quote:

Are the families influential in the world? Appearing as a successful business on the surface, but Hunters in secret?

Very much possible, ancient bloodlines as they are. The more progressive-minded families might have gone into large-scale business or might be big-shots in the country or something like that. Or they might be conservative and still be laying low. Again, it's your choice.

quote:

Do the Hunters all know each other? If so, doesn't that make it easy and narrow down the Dragon suspects to the other 8 players?

The Hunters know each others' families. The more well-known your family is, the higher the chance the other Hunter might know your family. If however, you have made for yourself a name hunting dragons, then you might be well-known as well.

About the second part of the question, you are expected to be known to each and every player and then RP. The only risk here is meta-gaming but I do hope that can be prevented.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> Checking for Interest.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition