Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Project: HEROES WIP

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> RE: Project: HEROES WIP
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/18/2015 14:33:21   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I'd like to offer just a tiny bit of Constructive Crit if I may Arachnid. I like the overall designs of the person and the shape of the tail on the creature came out really nicely done.

But upon a more careful look at the face, I notice there's a spot (a tiny one) right near the exact center (of the bridge line below the horn) that seems slightly out of place.

Also, this is just my opinion as a fellow artist, but that hole on the bottom jaw that gives way to the undercoating flesh (the red flesh mind you ) doesn't seem like it smoothly blends with the rest of the nice green texturized skins.

If it's for a development purpose, I can understand that being there. One last comment I'd like to make. I can't help but notice that the bottom jawbone line is very slightly extended past where the top jawbone line finishes (probably by a few centimeters or so)

I can't help but wonder why that is, given that most jawbones (even those of dragons) in the case of lower jawbone design, should very well be on par with the rest of the skull structure?
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
7/18/2015 18:35:24   
Arachnid

quote:

But upon a more careful look at the face, I notice there's a spot (a tiny one) right near the exact center (of the bridge line below the horn) that seems slightly out of place.

That's just because of the lighting; it's not really a hole. The color of the skin is just material properties, so it's completely dependent on the light right now. It's just there for color reference.

quote:

Also, this is just my opinion as a fellow artist, but that hole on the bottom jaw that gives way to the undercoating flesh (the red flesh mind you ) doesn't seem like it smoothly blends with the rest of the nice green texturized skins.

Hmmm... I see what you mean, and I just thought of a way to correct it. Thanks!

quote:

If it's for a development purpose, I can understand that being there. One last comment I'd like to make. I can't help but notice that the bottom jawbone line is very slightly extended past where the top jawbone line finishes (probably by a few centimeters or so)

I can't help but wonder why that is, given that most jawbones (even those of dragons) in the case of lower jawbone design, should very well be on par with the rest of the skull structure?

The way I have it designed is less like it's actually anatomically correct, but more of the bottom jaw became unattached and moved to give more of the illusion of a decaying body; sometimes stuff moves during decomposition, and that's what I wanted to do.

Thanks for your constructive criticism!

EDIT:

Two gifs today, a spin of both shading versions.

Which looks better, and any advice on either?

< Message edited by Arachnid -- 7/18/2015 20:48:55 >
AQW  Post #: 27
7/22/2015 3:10:06   
Crystal Lion

I think the second shading spin sample looks better. Not so shiny. If there was a way you could transpose the shading of the boots and chestplate in sample 1 to sample 2, I think you've got a convincing 3d look.
Post #: 28
7/28/2015 17:11:17   
Arachnid

It's been ten days since the last update; been busy with various things.

Alright, so shading. The issue with trying ti make an anime type shading is that is relies on cel shading. But unlike 3D animation, the light doesn't change like it would in real life. Characters seem to be lit up on surfaces that wouldn't normally be lit, in ways that it wouldn't normally be lit. This is very hard to copy using 3D animation.

Now, there is a way to do it; using normals. Increasing or reducing the light threshold of a normal tells it how often or how much light it takes to either light up the surface or darken the surface. Using this method, 3D animators can manually adjust the lighting in every frame to look like it's 2D shading.

One issue. Blender doesn't even support normal editing, let alone adjusting their values. So that causes any cel shading to look rather strange when it moves, as the light reacts as light normally would, but that isn't how it works in 2D.

So. That causes a dilemma. Lucky for me, someone else has the same dilemma. And so, RWBY comes in.

For those of you not familiar, RWBY is an animated series produced by RoosterTeeth (I recommend watching it, it's pretty awesome), which looks 3D, and yet still 2D, in a way. So that leaves the question of how they did the shading.

Well, simply put: they didn't. Light does very little to the characters (though it does seem to artificially make them darker/lighter, pretty sure from post processing). This is because the shading is done with the texture; everything is pre-shaded by the texture. So that's what i'm going to do.

It'll be difficult, considering I don't know how to texture, but hey. Have to learn sometime.

TL;DR: I'm dropping (most) shading and using textures for it.
AQW  Post #: 29
8/12/2015 0:55:34   
Arachnid

Willow update.

Textured the head, eyes, hair, and metal armor pieces.
Eye texture isn't very good so it's going to get changed.

Next up is texturing the clothes and making a weapon. Again.
AQW  Post #: 30
8/12/2015 19:40:17   
Jecht Dracopyre
Original Hybrid

Hmmm, the hair seems to have lost a bit of detail from previous versions or that could be the lighting, I see what you mean with the eye how are you going about shading/texturing it? All in all she's coming along nicely love the symbol on her armor, what kind of weapon are you going for now?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
8/13/2015 3:25:37   
Arachnid

quote:

Hmmm, the hair seems to have lost a bit of detail from previous versions or that could be the lighting, I see what you mean with the eye how are you going about shading/texturing it? All in all she's coming along nicely love the symbol on her armor, what kind of weapon are you going for now?

It's just the lighting, I think. If not, I can redo the texturing.
Weapon... I have no idea. I keep changing what weapon I want her to use, so right now i'm just not even going to bother making one until I can get a solid idea.

Another Willow update.
Remodeled the face, retexture the eyes (along with making them spheres instead of places in sockets), and texture the gloves.

This whole working on it from midnight to 3 am thing is making my family think i'm insane.
AQW  Post #: 32
8/17/2015 22:51:46   
Arachnid

​Update to the blood beast this time.

Becoming a lot less zombie T rex like, and more dragon/wyrm like. The skeleton tail is going to stay, but I have it hidden right now because it hasn't been resized to the model and so it looks really bad. Yes, there will be arms. Feet too.
I've also begun making a male base model so that I can start work on Krieger, who just so happens to be the guy who turns into the blood beast. Right now, he has no clothes, so i'm going to clothe him ​before ​I post a picture.

< Message edited by Arachnid -- 8/17/2015 22:52:03 >
AQW  Post #: 33
8/18/2015 23:29:37   
Arachnid

Another blood beast update.

It actually looks like someone mixed a dragon and a big velociraptor now, heh heh. Nearly done with the base model, just gonna add some spikes and other small details before I start the sculpting.
AQW  Post #: 34
8/20/2015 3:23:19   
Arachnid

More blood beast progress. This time: DETAILING.

This is pre render.

This is post render.

THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN TO DO.
Like before the detailing it's pretty flat. It has substance, just not much.
BUT THEN THE DETAILING STARTS AND JUST LOOK AT IT.

I like the progress that has been done tonight.
AQW  Post #: 35
8/22/2015 0:54:34   
Arachnid

Alright, so I feel like Willow is done with modeling and texturing.

And here is the final model for the blood beast.

It's gonna get textured, I promise. It won't stay white.

Willow is ready for rigging, and the blood beast is currently being rigged.
Looks like Krieger is going to be the first one to get his trailer. I need:
-Krieger
-Willow
-Blood beast
-Soldiers with variations
-"Red"
-Environment

That's all I need to make for his trailer. Willow and Blood beast are almost done, Krieger shouldn't take too long, and the soldiers are going to look fairly generic/similar, but with slight differences so I don't have to spend too much time modeling EVERY SINGLE ONE. Red is a supporting character; she's probably going to take a while to get right. The environment is a medieval prison/compound sort of thing, so not too complicated.

Small steps towards a big goal.
AQW  Post #: 36
8/22/2015 3:17:56   
Crystal Lion

You'll get there. Maybe a silky/scaly texture for the blood beast? It's your call in the end.
Post #: 37
8/23/2015 2:56:35   
Arachnid

quote:

You'll get there. Maybe a silky/scaly texture for the blood beast? It's your call in the end.

It is my call in the end, but I value every single piece on input anyone throws at me!

Also:
Rig tests.

Rawr.

< Message edited by Arachnid -- 8/23/2015 2:59:36 >
AQW  Post #: 38
8/24/2015 4:54:54   
Crystal Lion

Needs teeth and a tongue. Nice monster posing.
Post #: 39
8/26/2015 1:58:36   
Arachnid

​Alright, so I have news. Not really good or bad, yet.
First, I start a full time job on monday; 3:30-midnight, monday-friday. This will obviously limit the time I'll be able to spend animating, but i'll still be spending as much time as I can on it, just know that progress will come slower.

Second, I tried rigging Willow, and I came to two different realizations:
1. I have no idea how to rig a human.
2. I don't really have a good understanding of actually animating things, let alone good action sequences.
So, as of now, progress on Project: Heroes is going to slow down substantially. I'm not halting completely; I'll still be working on models and textures, but not as often as before.
What will I be doing with the rest of the time that I'm not spending on Project: Heroes? I'll be working on a second project, which I have named Arena.

Arena is going to consist of 8 very low poly, low detail fighters in an arena deathmatch. The models won't have a lot of detail, and they won't be textured. Each fighter will have two distinguishing features (asides from gender): The color on their chest, and a piece of armor/clothing, though currently all we see is the color distinction. This greatly reduces the time it takes to make the characters while still testing my ability to rig cloth, armor, and moving robotics. The point of this project is two-fold:
1. Learn how to rig humans, along with cloth and other things.
2. Learn how to animated quality fight animations.
The project won't be pretty visually, as nothing will be textured, and everything will be very low poly count, but should be good looking mechanically, with good looking motion and camera angles.
The eight fighters for Arena will be:

Lancer- The red fighter, Lancer is a female warrior wielding a spear/scythe hybrid.
Rogue- The black fighter, Rogue is a male warrior wielding dual daggers.
Archer- The green fighter, Archer is a male warrior wielding a bow.
Cleric- The yellow fighter, Cleric is a female warrior wielding a one handed mace.
Crusher- The brown fighter, Crusher is a female warrior wielding a two handed war hammer.
Dualist- The white fighter, Dualist is a female warrior dual wielding a dagger and sword.
Warlock- The blue fighter, Warlock is a male fighter wielding a staff.
Battlemage- The purple fighter, Battlemage is a female fighter wielding a one handed sword.

Each fighter has a trick up their sleeve, from gadgets to magical powers. Each fighter will have two lives. The arena itself will be a very simple structure, likely a circle of ground floating in an open space.

I'm a little sad to be dropping a majority of production on Project: Heroes, even if i'll still be working on it, and that i'll go back to it right after Arena, but it needs to be done so that I can learn how to do these things efficiently.
I hope I still have your support for both projects, and I will continue to keep you guys and girls posted.
Thanks for looking!
AQW  Post #: 40
8/26/2015 9:19:20   
Crystal Lion

So Arena is your practice project? At least you didn't stop halfway when you hit a roadblock.

I did something similar for the Mechanical Armageddon, making a game where the characters got stranded on an island and have to get off in order to learn the game maker myself.
Post #: 41
8/28/2015 0:35:02   
Arachnid

quote:

So Arena is your practice project? At least you didn't stop halfway when you hit a roadblock.

I did something similar for the Mechanical Armageddon, making a game where the characters got stranded on an island and have to get off in order to learn the game maker myself.

Nah, quitting halfway just wouldn't be fair. It's already a pretty expansive story, even though it isn't animated yet.

I present two of our fighters for the Arena:

Archer

The green fighter, Archer is a ranged threat with excellent accuracy. A master of the bow, Archer possesses a unique set of skills to take down his prey.
Archer's unique bow does not rely on standard arrows, rather an infinite supplies of energy arrows summoned by Archer.
Archer possesses the unique ability know as the Super Jump. The Super Jump allows Archer to reach extended heights in his fight agains the other warriors.

Battlemage

The purple fighter, Battlemage is a mix of ranged and melee prowess. A skilled warrior with a single blade, Battlemage wields a one handed sword crafted from bone.
Battlemage's unique blade possesses her unique ability: Telekinesis. Pointing the blade at an enemy allows her to lift and throw them at will; this is how she deals with ranged threats.
Her crown, blade, and dress/skirt thing are a nod to Gravelyn, one of my favorite AE "villains".

Undoubtably, these two fighters will prove to be unique threats in the upcoming Arena deathmatch.
AQW  Post #: 42
9/8/2015 20:06:56   
Arachnid

​I've got two good news and one bad news.
We'll start with the bad.

Alright, so this last week and for this week until saturday(ish), approximately nothing has been or will be completed for The Arena or Project: Heroes. My schedule has been... Hectic since starting my job, and they decided to start me on first shift, which starts at 6:30. In the morning. So, yeah. No progress.

The first good news is that next week i'm being moved to second shift, which fits my typical sleep schedule, so i'll have plenty of time to get back to working on these projects.

The second good news is that my job is fairly brain dead, so while nothing physical has been going on, the story of Project: Heroes is growing quickly and nicely. Another little bonus good news is that i'm learning new tricks for the 2D shading that i'm going for in Project: Heroes, so it'll look better.

'Till next time.
AQW  Post #: 43
9/23/2015 2:34:55   
Arachnid

Alrighty! So week day nights are animation, weekends are video games.
Bam. That's the plan.

Right now i'm working on the model for Experiment 217, but it's very basic at this point and not clothed, so no pictures.
Maybe we can do some basic story description?

Alright, so Project: Heroes is based around how I feel people would react to humans suddenly gaining magic. Now, this is not to be taken as me saying that there has never been magic; there has. Our main setting is a fantasy type land, where magic has existed for as long as anyone can remember. Dragons, phoenixes, unicorns, ogres, alchemy, holy magic, etc. The only magics that humans have been able to utilize are Holy magic and Alchemy.

Holy magic is magic give by the church. There are two kinds; Enchantments of Light and Purified Light. Enchantments go on weapons, armor, tomes, water, anything. It will instantly destroy undead with just a simple touch. It has no effect on the living. Purified Light is magic given to a select few chosen by the church; these are Paladins. Paladins can focus the power of the Purified Light and direct it at anything dark or unnatural in this world. Again, the living are unaffected, but evil people are mildly disgruntled by it.
Alchemy is the interaction between science and magic to make medicines, poisons, poultices, reagents, etc. This is how the medicine in this world is seemingly as advanced as ours; they have magic to help them. Alchemy uses not magic from a person but from innately magical ingredients, such as dragon's blood.

These are the only magics that have existed up until this point regarding humans. But now some people are acquiring magic from an unknown source for an unknown reason.
These are the magics that I currently have planned; they may be dropped and this list may grow larger.

Elemental Magic- this is your fire, lightning, air, water, etc mage. Fairly basic magic that allows the control of these elements. Advanced mages can conjure their element from seemingly nothing.
Etheric Magic- for elder scrolls players, this is your bound weaponry; though this is not limited to weapons. Etheric magic is essentially a hard light in the shape of anything.
Shifting Magic- these are your shape shifters. Most can only change into one form and back to human. Advanced mages can have many.
Blood Magic- magic is typically fueled by the users soul or mana. Blood magic is a corruption of magic stemming from a damaged soul. the soul is damaged to where it can no longer create mana, and so the magic turns to a more concentrated source of power: the users own life force. Blood magic is extremely powerful and extremely dangerous. None have been born a blood mage.
Healing Magic- surprisingly not considered holy magic, healing magic has no offensive uses to note. Used to heal injuries, wounds, and sickness, healing magic is a controversial topic due to its usefulness.

Those are the five main forms of magic as of now. Keep in mind, these five categories can intersect. Etheric shifters exist. Blood mage healers exist. Healing elemental mages exist. Magic is not limited by certain categories, but by the power and wit of the user.

That's enough information for tonight. Next will either be a progress on 217, or more information regarding our four main characters.
AQW  Post #: 44
9/24/2015 3:12:26   
Arachnid

I thought I'd have more than a base model. I was mistaken.

So, story time!
Since i'm working on 217, we can talk about her.

Experiment 217. An adorable little girl. Why is she a main character? I'll tell you why.
Because murder isn't cool. And murdering the mind of a child isn't cool.

We need some backstory fro this backstory. Alright, so magic is showing up. People are getting godly powers. That's bad, mmk? So the king forms an elite team of warrior called the Silver Axe. Their job is to collect mages and put them in camps for their safety and the safety of others.
The leader of the Silver Axe has other plans.
You see, the leader has strong ties to the church, and the church views all non-holy magics (other than alchemy) as impure and evil. It is not to be contained, it is to be destroyed.
So what do we do? We find out the cause of magic and use that information to destroy it.

And so people are no longer asked to come for their safety, they are forced, violently, to come to these prisons. If they protest, then they die.
In 217's case, it wasn't her. You see, 217 was blessed by the gods with healing magic. She was able to restore dying plants to life, heal sickness, and mend wounds. But it is not considered holy magic, and so it is evil.
The Silver Axe came for her, and her parents tried to resist. They were cut down in front of her, and they took her and her little brother to a compound.

Magic is tricky, and so they felt they needed to find the source of this magic. Tests 001-150 were testing the blood through various means. Tests 151- 250 were brain tests through less desirable means.
And so Experiment 217 was tested. Violently.
They tortured her brain, trying to break her mind, trying to force the magic to destroy itself or her. The torture wasn't enough by itself, so they upped the ante, using alchemical poisons to cause enough pain to kill someone, yet keeping her heart at a normal pace so as not to kill her. Her mind was fractured, and 217 was broken.

About two weeks after the initial trials, 217 began noticing that she couldn't feel the pain during the tortures anymore. In fact, she couldn't even remember them.
One fateful day, a rampaging beast destroyed her cell and she managed to escape. She ran as quickly as she could away from the beast, and ended up in the torture room. There, she saw the torturer standing over the body of her now dead brother. Experiment 217 changed, shifted, into something evil. A pure embodiment of hatred, malice, and wrath. This being has powers truly fit for a god, yet it chooses to kill its victims slowly with its own claws, savoring their screams of agony.
This beast was 217 herself; a fragment of her mind that all of the pain was directed to during the torture, turning it into a malicious beast.

This fragment of her is not always in control. It claws at the inside of her mind constantly, trying to force its way out. There is no friend or foe, there is only an obstacle that must be eliminated. Every moment of her life is now a torture of trying to not unleash this creature that would undoubtably kill anyone and anything around her.

Experiment 217 is now forced to live with the consequences of the actions of others. This little girl, from whom everything was taken, even her own mind, understands what she has become. She is a monster, and a monster doesn't deserve a human name. And so she is know as Experiment 217, to remind her, and her enemies, that they have forced a little girl into the worst form of torture imaginable.
The Silver Axe tried to destroy her magic. But they failed. And now the time has come to make them pay. To make the world pay.

So, that's the gist of her. My plans for her in the future are (to me), pretty cool. Tomorrow will be... How about Krieger?
AQW  Post #: 45
9/27/2015 3:58:58   
Arachnid

Ugh, I hate being sick. I can barely focus on anything. Makes modeling hard. So, i've been playing with Willow's shading. Learning some stuff, making progress.

Anyways, I promised some Krieger backstory.

Krieger is part of a long running family of knights, paladins, and other do-gooders. They're good people. So when some Silver Axe decided to show up, asking if Krieger would like to volunteer for some testing to help them cure this "magic", why would he say no?
Fast forward a week or so, and we see Krieger, on his knees, shackled to a wall in a windowless cell, and drained of a lot of blood. Krieger was Experiment 003, so he was one of the first in the blood trials. His specific mode of fun was being drained of his own blood, nearly to the point of death, but supplied with blood from someone else; just enough to keep him alive. Obviously very weak, he doesn't try to escape for two reasons: First, he's too much of a good guy to want to. If he did, how would they be able to help cure others of this terrible disease? And second, he barely has enough strength to stay awake, let alone escape.
And so, we insert Scarlet (formerly know as Red) into our scene. Scarlet has plenty of reason to escape, but she doesn't have the numbers or the strength to do so. She kills the two guards, busts open the door, and throws them inside to hide them. And what does she see, but someone else that has survived these tortures! Unfortunately, he can barely muster up the strength to look up at her. She borrows a key from one of the guards and unlocks the shackles anyway, and leaves Krieger in the room.
Blood starts flowing from the guards towards Krieger. It flows up his arms and soaks into hims, restoring his muscles, his strength, his vitality. He grows to nearly seven feet tall, his muscles and strength restored. The guards are entirely drained of blood, all of it absorbed by Krieger. They'll blame him for the dead guards; they'll kill him. He has to escape. He runs out out of his cell, though the hall, and out the door to the main courtyard. There he finds Scarlet, held down, arguing with the torturer. Something about morality. It's hard to focus. There's yelling. She knocks her captor in the face with the back of her head, drawing blood. She turns and scratches at him, and run towards Krieger. She shakes her hand, flinging blood on his face, and the air explodes into steam, blocking all visibility between her and the captors.
Krieger falls to the ground. His heartbeat grown louder. Faster. His blood pumps. And then he changes.
And all there is...is blood.

As we know, Krieger has the ability to shift into the Blood Beast. This, however, is not an intentional change. The magic in his body has been irreversibly changed. In order to keep him alive, it's changed to passively absorb blood from others to keep him in top condition. Once he hits this magic amount of blood, his magic will no longer absorb blood from dead or unconscious targets. However, if he comes in contact with any, his body will absorb it, and it will force the body to uncontrollably seek out high amounts of blood. It turns him into a monster that was crafted to do this task.
The details on how he shifts back are a little hazy, but one could assume that not getting any blood would return him to his normal state.

Krieger is our resident "villain". Though, I don't like playing standard roles just because the story demands a good guy and a bad guy. A villain is never a villain "just because". Every character has a story, even a villain. Krieger has a fairly interesting story being that he starts as one of societies nicest and most caring people, and slowly turns into someone who wipes out villages to gain power. He has to deal with what the Silver Axe has done to him; making him into the bad guy.

Next up will be either Echo or Scarlet. Scarlet is our most important side character, whereas Echo doesn't yet have very much story.
AQW  Post #: 46
10/1/2015 13:56:52   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

Everything here looks pretty darn nice mate. Having played with 3D programs for a while I know how hard they can be to learn by yourself and produce decent models. Have you checked out the tutorials on Lynda.com? They have a variety of tutorials for 3d Programs, some free and some require a subscription but I can't recommend the site enough. Keep up the great work mate and don't let real life deter you too much.

One small criticism before I go: don't overlook the details in your animating. The fingers on your blood beast looked a little stiff in the two poses you posted after he was rigged up. other than that though everything looks pretty tight.

Art On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
10/11/2015 22:54:23   
Arachnid

quote:

Everything here looks pretty darn nice mate. Having played with 3D programs for a while I know how hard they can be to learn by yourself and produce decent models. Have you checked out the tutorials on Lynda.com? They have a variety of tutorials for 3d Programs, some free and some require a subscription but I can't recommend the site enough. Keep up the great work mate and don't let real life deter you too much.

One small criticism before I go: don't overlook the details in your animating. The fingers on your blood beast looked a little stiff in the two poses you posted after he was rigged up. other than that though everything looks pretty tight.

Art On!

Glad you like it! Linda.com, huh? I'll check it out, any information is good information.
The rig with the blood beast was a pretty quick one, so the fingers only had two bones, I think, so there wasn't much ability to make tinier adjustments that i'd like to do.

Ok, so we have three updates, one of which is rather...huge.

First, the Arena.
The original plan was a big battle between multiple fighters. This is no longer the case, as it seemed against the point.
The point of the Arena was to learn and demonstrate rigging and fighting animations. I feel that this can be accomplished by a simple 1v1 battle.
And so, the Arena was shut down and replaced by the Duel. This Duel is a one life battle between the two fighters Duelist and Battlemage. Battlemage is also going to have her current materials toned down to basically the beginning material, since the sword and cloth seemed to not fit. So, the plan now is:
1v1 fight between Duelist and Battlemage
Learn and demonstrate rigging and battle animations
Create an awesome battle!

Look forward to this... before thanksgiving, maybe? Not sure.

Second, Project: Heroes.
Alright, this is a big one.

So to make things clearer, I need to define a difference in semantics.
For me, a plot is something that takes place of a season and rarely two. A big plot is something that can take place over the entire life of a show, or for many seasons of it.
We clear? Cool.

So the plot of Project: Heroes was the beginning of magic; how people would react in a fantasy setting that now has magic in people. This has not changed.
Basically everything else has.
The big plot is...well, to avoid spoiling anything, I'll just say this: The old gods are dying. And gods can never die.

Now, the stuff I can say without spoilers are the bigger changes:
Willow is no longer the main character, and has been given the name of Zephyr (though she is still known as willow for some time towards the beginning).
Experiment 217 has become our main character.
The scientist that performed the experiments on the mages has become more important.
A new character comes in about halfway through the first season, by the name of Loki. More details on him later.
Echo is gone, and replaced by a new male character. He is our only non mage main character.
That means that our main team of four is now: Zephyr, 217, Krieger, and the new male.
No, he doesn't have a name yet. I'm bad at names.
The setting has been changed from multiple big continents to only one that anyone talks about: Arcenell.
This does not mean that there are not other lands, or that no one knows about them. This allows (on the small chance of being hired) an easy way to add Arcenell to another pre-established lore.
Arcenell is a fairly new kingdom, only about ten years old, currently ruled by an anti-mage King.
New magics have arrived: Wind magic, Shadow magic, and Parasitic magic. Details later.
And finally, the name "Project: Heroes" is no longer the name. It has instead been changed to Project Broken/World.

I'm sure there's more that i'm just forgetting. Oh well.

And finally, an actual update on modeling!

So, the idea of magical familiars.
Not every mage gets one, they are made from pure energy (and so cannot be hurt), they are almost never aggressive, they seem to react to the emotions that their owner is experiencing, and we are unsure as to why a familiar appears in the first place.
This specific familiar is Experiment 217's! The white form is its normal form, and the glowy-blue one is the radiant form that it becomes when 217 switches to her darker side.
Her familiar is never aggressive, and it is the only thing that can consistently bring her out of her darker form.

Krieger is the only one that I currently plan on also giving a familiar to, but i'm not completely certain what his will be.

I'm modeling 217 right now. I have everything done except for her outfit, which is proving...difficult. What would a little girl wear in a fantasy setting? She doesn't wear armor, since Krieger and Scarlet do their best to keep her out of any form of stress. She doesn't wear basic rags or peasant clothes because, again, Krieger and Scarlet take care of her. So, kinda stuck there. I'm really hoping I can have her done modeling by Haloween, including her dark form. Here's hoping'.

Thanks for looking, stay tuned for more!

< Message edited by Arachnid -- 10/11/2015 22:56:23 >
AQW  Post #: 48
10/12/2015 3:35:41   
Crystal Lion

The familiar looks a little like an Espeon or a furless Kyuubei. Maybe I'm just looking at too many cutesy familiars.

As for 217's clothes, maybe give her a simple plain robe-dress? Clean, since she's being looked after, and with a little trimming for decoration.
Post #: 49
10/12/2015 3:55:40   
Arachnid

quote:

The familiar looks a little like an Espeon or a furless Kyuubei. Maybe I'm just looking at too many cutesy familiars.

As for 217's clothes, maybe give her a simple plain robe-dress? Clean, since she's being looked after, and with a little trimming for decoration.

I used espeon, some fan made eeveelutions, and ori (from Ori and the Blind Forest) as references when I was making it!

217 in a dress? Don't mind if I do...

Yeah, I know. No feet/shoes. Still, does the dress look good?
AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> RE: Project: HEROES WIP
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition