Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What would you do?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What would you do?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/3/2015 10:57:16   
Oswald Cobblepot

What would you do to make this game better?
If you were a developer what would you do for the game future?
Would you make a phase like "Omega" if you were a developer and it were Delta phase?

Allowing this thread for now since it's too open ended to go in ED Suggestions. Hopefully, this can be a platform for constructive suggestions that provides valuable information for the staff. If it turns into a bunch of complaints and whining, it will be locked. ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 7/6/2015 17:41:31 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/3/2015 11:33:28   
SonicTbear

Well, first thing's first. Removal of Ranks and continuation of the leveling system. It would be better to level up instead of going through a complex system of becoming #1 in the world. I would at least make the final max level 50 and just end it there.

Re-add passives. No more wasting turns and energy on passives that were passives in the past, but are now active. (E.g. Shadow Arts) It was better with passives...

Add a "smart mouth little punk's" penalty system. As I have mentioned in an earlier thread, penalizing players for acting like jerks in combat with not mutes or bans, but battle penalties in combat, as well as not saying anything in 2v2/1 but ditching using the refresh button on their browser before dying.

Buff nerfing/buffing skills. As I was told, Smokescreen is useless. Instead of having moves such as Smokescreen and Reflex Boost/Malfunction and Technician/Strength Strike and Field Commander affect a person's Dex/Tech/Str by a certain amount of points, it should affect it by a percentage of their current total points in that stat.

That's all I can think of for now...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/6/2015 17:06:12   
Cons

Easy, just load the gamma version of the game.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/6/2015 17:33:00   
Mother1

Make it so PVP battles give influence once again for starters. Having a system where world domination and influence gain can be brought literally spits on anyone who worked hard for their influence in the past IMO.

Next off I would make classes different like they were in the older phases. This "Since this class has it this way and/or everyone class has it like that so it is only fair that we get it like that attitude is wreaking the game. Classes are supposed to have strengths and weaknesses as well as being able to do somethings better than other. It is not supposed to be this class can the same thing just as good as a class that specializes in that.

E.G Tactical merc before passive to active change was the best juggernaut class
B.M had the ability to run even without energy in the past
TM has the best energy regain.

Also as SonicTbear mention the active to passive change would be 100% reverted and the passives would come back. Passives are what made the classes unique and when we had them we had a lot more variety than we do now. Passives would also make it so certain builds would work again while others wouldn't dominate like they used to as well as destroy a lot of this heal looping that some classes can do so well.

Epic  Post #: 4
7/6/2015 23:08:37   
shadow.bane

first things i do are :

bring back passives
bring back enhancements and agility
bring back influence old system 5 for 1 vs 1 10 for jugg 15 for 2 vs 2
bring back tokens and flag capture and old ARCADE system
bring back ignore button
most important of all is to stop the rare promise

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/6/2015 23:16:23   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

@ Above

bring back passives
bring back enhancements and agility, Enhancements Removal was a great thing and it should not come back, Agility can Come back but not that strong as it used to be.
bring back influence old system 5 for 1 vs 1 10 for jugg 15 for 2 vs 2, This is Fine.
bring back tokens and flag capture and old ARCADE system, Everything here is fine but the Old Arcade, The arcade we have now is way better than the Old Arcade which suks alot.
bring back ignore button, Hmk
most important of all is to stop the rare promise, Neutral.

Quotes removed. Please don't quote the poster above you, to avoid clutter. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 7/7/2015 17:16:33 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/7/2015 11:05:34   
shadow.bane

^ lol enhancements are what separate varium users from none varium users ! and removing them was a big mistake , anw everyone has his opinion ! don't quot me and do ur own suggestion next time please . and thank you ^^

Signature removed. Please only use it once per page. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 7/7/2015 17:17:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/7/2015 14:18:56   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

It was not a mistake it was a good idea and No, enhancements didnt separate non varium from varium because Non varium could still buy enhancements, what separated them was the exclusive varium items with better stats and DMG, thats it.

Also this is not a suggestions thread is a discussion thread and I can reply to you in that way, you clearly dont know whats good and whats bad for the game if you cant see something simple dattebayo.

< Message edited by Uchiha Sarada -- 7/7/2015 14:20:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/7/2015 15:48:34   
shadow.bane

^ so everyone have his own opinion why not posting ur opinion and not interfering in other people's opinions ?

Signature removed. Please only use it once per page. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 7/7/2015 17:17:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/7/2015 15:56:06   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

Im not Interfering, Im giving Feedback for the things you posted which is fine, and you're going offtopic now btw dattebayo.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/7/2015 22:20:12   
Lycan.

quote:

bring back passives
bring back enhancements and agility
bring back influence old system 5 for 1 vs 1 10 for jugg 15 for 2 vs 2
bring back tokens and flag capture and old ARCADE system
bring back ignore button
most important of all is to stop the rare promise

+1 I agree with everything you said.

Enhancements was basically the same as legendary rank points and you have to still pay for them.
Only difference is you have to work for it and it cannot be bought straight up with var, the ranks must be worked
for. Also that non-var and var users can use it at the same advantage which tbh could have been done with the
old enhancement system e.g. non-var items have same enhancement stats as var items.

Id also like to suggest revealing win/loss records because it made the game more competitive and people
actually "tried" to win instead of stacking half their stats on health and str and just bot or play super fast builds which
provides fast credit farming but does not increase competitiveness, this is also the reason why I think agility needs to be
re-implemented except not to the degree of how it was in the past, maybe a slight nerf to high hp users e.g. -3 def and res
for over 120hp.

I also agree with bringing back passives although I highly doubt that will happen because once a suggestion is implemented
Developers don't want to work on the same thing twice maybe? I'd reccomend opening a test server to test balance for the public
before making these "permanent changes" so there is no complication in the future because I remember people suggesting to remove
passives before and as soon as it was implemented, the very same people wish it was reverted back to the old system.

The only problem I can think of for bringing passives back is the problem we had at the start of Omega. When passives
interfere with cores it can create a huge luck-fest, therefore if passives was to be re-implemented then passive cores would have to be
removed and refunded which I highly doubt the developers would do as they would lose out on the money as everything can be bought with
credits now.
That's just my two cents fellas'
Epic  Post #: 11
7/7/2015 23:19:47   
overdead

Yes please. Do something about the high HP str tms botting. That's all I want.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/8/2015 19:38:00   
Stabilis

I'd probably move onto a different platform. Browser gaming was a popular niche circa Runescape, Neopets, and even AdventureQuest. They have greatly fallen out of popularity or stalled in their growth, while digital marketplaces for downloadable games for both clients and servers (Steam platform) are leading.

The fact that AE stopped innovating, or stuck to browsers, whatever the choice of the directors... they may dominate a sector of browser gaming, but that market is small.

I would advise the stockholders of AE to invest in developing games in a different language and platform as opposed to stagnating with browser Flash games.

< Message edited by Stabilis -- 7/8/2015 19:41:38 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
7/9/2015 12:02:30   
Greed Redemption

I would bring back agility but a nerfed version of it. I'd like to bring back some of the passives like reroute and bloodlust, I'd give tlm smokescreen back and replace it with commander that gives strength I don't see many use the skill much anymore so I see it as an opportunity to bring it back but keep frenzy and I'd buff it a bit but not too much. -Vizrus
Epic  Post #: 14
7/10/2015 6:01:27   
SS

Make the items (weapons and armors) really different again, with individual fixed stats, encouraging build variety. Maybe with the enhancements or a similar system.
Variety is what makes everything interesting to most people!
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What would you do?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition