Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The End Of The FlashPlayer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The End Of The FlashPlayer
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/20/2015 19:49:52   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

This is the full story, Mozilla temporarily disabled Flash in Firefox because there were vulnerabilities in Flash that would allow someone to remotely take over your computer and infect it with malware. Mark Schmidt, head of Firefox support at Mozilla, stated that this block was only until Adobe released a fix, and even during the block, you were still able to manually enable Flash. Adobe has since released a security patch and thus Flash is no longer blocked on Firefox.

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 7/20/2015 19:53:02 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
7/22/2015 20:52:52   
MirageD

give it up.....AE and by default ED have decided to cease enhancements to their current games. they will attempt to migrate to the mobile market but these games....specifically ED are dead in the water
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
7/23/2015 2:39:30   
comicalbike

well i am crashing 5/6 times a day now
its normal to crash now i have got used to it

< Message edited by comicalbike -- 7/23/2015 3:16:37 >
Epic  Post #: 28
7/23/2015 2:54:23   
overdead

I thought I was the only one. Frequent crashing plus lag spikes.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
7/23/2015 5:24:26   
King Bling

I use Google Chrome and some times, all of a sudden the Plugin Fails, (it shows some dead microbe pic kind of), and crashes a lot, ya and sometimes dcs, lags etc.
Post #: 30
7/23/2015 6:01:18   
Mother1

Wow and here I thought it was just me. Was doing a 2 vs 2 recently and I was one move away from victory when the stupid game decides to kick me. Needless to say when I saw my partner again they weren't happy seeing as me getting kicked was the thing our opponent needed to win the match.
Epic  Post #: 31
7/23/2015 7:59:36   
overdead

I hope a dev at least tells us if they can promise to keep ondeeloping ed in one way or another for a few more years or so. I really don't wanna invest in something that'll be gone in a few months..
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
7/23/2015 9:35:29   
comicalbike

its not epicduel fault flash has given up and is dieing very fast now, all you can do now is play and hope when it crashes its not important game, but dont blame epicdul blame flash
Epic  Post #: 33
7/23/2015 10:40:42   
8x

I get the feeling that because of this thread all of the problems that players run into will be blamed on flash from now on.

On topic: Wasn't the "death" of flash being constantly announced for the last few years? It's not like it's just going to go "puff", be gone and take EpicDuel with it.
Epic  Post #: 34
7/23/2015 12:18:14   
  Charfade

If you guys are experiencing frequent crashing plus lag spikes, take some notes when they happen and under what conditions. If you find anything that might be an ED issue please report all you know in the bug forum. The more details we have the better we can address the issue. It will help us rule out if it something that can be fixed on our end or see if it's indeed a Flash issue.

Also make sure you have the latest version of flash installed, they have been patching constantly over the past 5 or so months trying to "fix" flashes underlying issues.

quote:

give it up.....AE and by default ED have decided to cease enhancements to their current games. they will attempt to migrate to the mobile market but these games....specifically ED are dead in the water

I wanted to clarify, we're not just migrating to mobile... we are migrating to Unity technologies. Unity's slogan is "Build once deploy everywhere." So the idea is will be able to bring ED many more platforms. Including a web player. The full list is here: https://unity3d.com/unity/multiplatform

quote:

Wasn't the "death" of flash being constantly announced for the last few years?

Admitivily 50% mobile market saturation happened much faster than we anticipated. But that's something we could only vaguely predict. At least we've already had a start in mobile projects.

Will keep updating EpicDuel on Flash for as long as we are able to. We definitely don't want abandon it completely. Google isn't wanting to give up on it just yet either. Google and Adobe have been working together this past year to try and solve some of its issues. A artical posted on 7 19 2015 goes into more detail http://www.eweek.com/security/adobe-secures-flash-with-help-from-google.html

In the mean time we also know core dev time is better spent learning new technology. AQ3D Undead Assault and BioBeasts are 2 confirmed projects AE is in the middle of working on.

This is a transition era for AE, for EpicDuel and to all of you. I hoped this helped explain more of all that's been going on... we want transparency between players and Devs, just sometimes we get caught up on all of these external issues we can't get back to what we really want to do, which is make EpicDuel fun and awesome. Ultimately we can't depend on Flash anymore. Instead develop on a engine and platform that will continue AE games and EpicDuel for the future. It's going to take all of us together to get us through this time.

< Message edited by Charfade -- 7/23/2015 12:52:44 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 35
7/23/2015 13:39:57   
comicalbike

well Charfade my flash crashes are not epicduel i get them all through the day
so its just flash not just here and i use google so i just put up with it np
Epic  Post #: 36
7/23/2015 21:08:49   
overdead

Charfade, can you answer honestly if the ED devs really DO plan to migrate the game to Unity (as in have you planned how to transfer each item or how to preserve game data and translate the code to Unity, etc.)? Or is it just like, we'll do it if we can but if we can't, we move on.

I'm sorry. I just can't help but feel anxious about this. AQ for example will continue until the end of flash. Artix (or AE as a company) made a statement about it that AQ will never be abandoned because it was the company's first game. I just want to know if the same can be said of ED.

< Message edited by overdead -- 7/23/2015 21:11:05 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
7/24/2015 9:25:56   
  Charfade

Hey overdead, we share a mutual feeling of some degree of anxious as well. Can we answer honestly if we do plan to migrate ED to Unity?

My response is there are options on the table but we haven't had the conversation yet. Not that we don't want to have the conversation, we're just not ready to have it. We are still learning Unity ins and outs and want to be able to make the best decisions when we cross that road with what we are learning now.

And comical, ah I see. well thats indeed a real bummer.

< Message edited by Charfade -- 7/24/2015 10:02:06 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 38
7/24/2015 9:28:01   
comicalbike

Charfade thats the best reply i have heard thank you
Epic  Post #: 39
7/24/2015 10:52:34   
overdead

Thank you, Charfade. Your response means a lot to us. Looking forward to the best the team can give, whether it means successfully migrating (or find any way to somehow last through the years) or failing to bring it out of a dying platform. Whatever the outcome, it's inspiring to know you're doing your best. That's enough--in fact, a good--reason for me to support the team behind the game.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
7/24/2015 15:58:51   
Xendran

Transferring epicduel to unity would be worth it if you put in the effort to really revamp the battle system, and try their hardest to add new combat options somewhat regularly (similar to how a card game adds new cards).
The market is really lacking a large 2d turn based pvp game right now, and i think if Epicduel ran as smoothly and was as easy to get into as a game like Hearthstone, ED could rival AQW in size.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 7/24/2015 15:59:11 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 41
7/24/2015 16:51:17   
  Exploding Penguin

migrating the whole game to mobile could be very very successful.

The base framework of the game is fine, and transferring the game is a great opportunity to rework a lot of problems that the staff are hesitant on.
Epic  Post #: 42
7/24/2015 17:13:40   
One Winged Angel1357

Remember when you are talking about Unity it isn't just a mobile thing you also can tap into the steam market which is currently being flooded by indies who aren't great so even a good game looks great
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
7/26/2015 10:44:04   
King FrostLich

Exactly how long will this transition come to a complete end? Redesigning a game including the graphics, gameplay, coding and retroactive data would take a minimum of 1 year and a half if done all day since day one or around 3-4 years. I'm not sure how long but let's just hope Flash doesn't completely kill itself.
Epic  Post #: 44
10/7/2015 14:46:08   
.Sir Lazarus.

Im scared....

Epic duel is a part of my huge history and i personaly would be devastated if it came to the end.

@Charfade - You can count on me if you need anything. I hope i can somehow be in service to you guys and help in this transition.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
10/8/2015 16:53:52   
unknownaka

The good thing is, flash will never remove their program, not because of flash games, but because alot of well known cartoons are made with flash. Also, I really wouldn't care if ED is discontinued cuz its really unbalanced.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
10/8/2015 18:15:47   
nowras

ED doesn't have a lot of balance problems,
In fact balance problems can be fixed easily if they listen to high ranked players 1st then low ranked ones and so on...:)

Well, I know one person that can fix all the balance problems. Do you know who? It's me.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
10/8/2015 18:20:56   
  Exploding Penguin

IMO ED is actually pretty close to being fairly balanced. The problem is that matchmaking very inconsistently pairs people who are the save level/rank with each other so it's hard to actually figure out what needs to be tuned since matchups are never fair in the first place.
Epic  Post #: 48
10/9/2015 3:21:41   
dfo99

why this thread was not locked after lazarus 3 months bump?

Inappropriate signature removed. Please read the Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283 ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 10/9/2015 7:04:08 >
Post #: 49
10/9/2015 4:13:38   
Silver Sky Magician

^

Possibly because this has been tagged by the mods as an FAQ thread.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The End Of The FlashPlayer
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition