Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= July 17th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.50 (Balance)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> =ED= July 17th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.50 (Balance)
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/17/2015 17:48:45   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

July 17, 2015
Patch Notes - 1.6.50

BALANCE CHANGES:
  • Primary Damage
    • Diminishing returns lowered from 0.85 to 0.8 at high amounts of Strength
  • Stuns no longer prevent blocks and deflections
  • Overload
    • Stat scaling: Dex → Support
    • Stat scaling: 0.4 → 0.45
    • Base stun chance: 30% → 25%
  • Stun Grenade
  • Plasma Grenade
  • Double Strike
    • Energy cost: Reduced by 10 at all levels
  • Fireball
    • Energy cost: Reduced by 10 at all levels
  • Cheap Shot
    • Defense Ignore: 9-36% → 13-40%
  • Azrael’s Borg
    • Heart Attack damage: 60% → 70%
  • Bio Borg
    • Spirit Thorns duration: 3 → 4 turns
  • Assault Bot
    • Cleanse: Now also reduces poison damage by 70%
  • Energy Storm
    • Energy cost: 0
    • Energy drain: 25% → 20% of strike damage
  • Energy Shot
    • Energy cost: 0
    • Energy drain: 25% → 20% of gun damage

Tags: RabbleFroth Patch Notes

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 7/18/2015 10:31:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/17/2015 17:56:30   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

Okay, So Dex TM Got nerfed but its still perfectly fine, who needs stun anyway dattebayo?

From what I can see about the bot Buffs I Can predict that the Gamma Bot Buff will happen soon.

Tried Energy Shot again and its a viable core now, So get the new guns and start using energy shot.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/17/2015 18:04:40   
Darkwing

Good thing they nerfed Dex BM. It was a big problem!!! Not! You guys just made sure dex BM is deleted from the game, if before this change you would still see a fool or 2 use dex bm.

At least make us able to use overlord with a sword.

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 7/17/2015 18:10:30 >
Post #: 3
7/17/2015 18:10:17   
DELTA BEING

been waiting for this finally
Epic  Post #: 4
7/17/2015 18:35:59   
Stonehawk

1- Overload

Result of changing Mages' stun skill:
1- Dex TMs/BMs with a staff are GONE.
2- Stun is extinct. Even with a high support focus build (not using insane support) stun does less than 600 damage at max. it means a COMMON BUILD won't use stun, absolutely.

Now, all classes can stun, except mages. The other classes' stun skill improves with defensive stats, and Mercenary (only exception) can boost it's strength to do a higher damage stun, which also ignores some defense and can have % chance to stun increased for each skill point.

What I'm trying to say is:
It's damage is TOO LOW! Increase it a lot and decrease its damage scaling or that skill will be completely ruined!

(if anything, make artillery strike require tech too, just to see what happens.... I can't agree with this change, sorry)

2- Stun change

What's the point of making stun useless? First of all, stun could be a decisive move that depends on luck. It was already random and not a certain win. Fine, lower chance to stun with those skills but... now a SLEEPING PERSON can still block and deflect? Come on... Balance was so fine in my opinion, but I can't agree with those changes at all. Only thing I enjoyed was lowering % chance to stun, the rest doesn't make sense.

P.S.: You know what? I'm not posting anything about balance after those changes anymore, it ruined everything in my opinion.

< Message edited by Stonehawk -- 7/17/2015 18:44:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/17/2015 18:37:53   
dfo99

The str builds buff was needed. But nerf the dex tms was not necessary
Post #: 6
7/17/2015 20:48:19   
Lord Machaar

^
Atleast now you can run a high dex TM build with a sword, with no regrets.

quote:

Stun Grenade
Base stun chance: 30% → 25%

Wow. Just Wow. Do you see OWA what I was talking about earlier, the two ways to nerf/buff builds, this is a clear example, stun grenade is the most useless skill in the TLMs' skill tree, it scales with dexterity that currently, no build counts on it if you are playing TLM. If the nerf was done because of high dex BH builds, well the nerf was so unnecessary for TLMs, but hey, the 1 tester and a half that we have got a solution for that, let's nerf it.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 7/17/2015 20:49:13 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 7
7/17/2015 20:52:50   
Mother1

@ lord machaar

All the more reason for them to get rid of overlapping skills so stuff like this doesn't happen.

Dex BM bit it as well thanks to TM being strong with dex.
Epic  Post #: 8
7/17/2015 21:08:01   
Lord Machaar

^ Exactly, in other words, collateral damages. Screw up 20 builds to fix one.

quote:

Primary Damage
Diminishing returns lowered from 0.85 to 0.8 at high amounts of Strength

high amounts of strenght, that basically could be anything, is it 85?

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 7/17/2015 21:14:00 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
7/17/2015 21:33:49   
overdead

I just realized that energy shot doesn't cost mana anymore which is pretty neat. But the plasma grenade, basically an emergency use skill, got nerfed because of dex BH. Dex BH isn't even thriving in 40s anymore. Only in low levels. Str tms on the other hand...

I think this has something to do with statistics. Maybe they saw in the data that high dex builds had high win rate. actually, high str tms have higher. The only problem is, it won't get detected because those mindless bots have high losing rate (beatable 100% if you've memorized their moves). But when the player using it is not botting, they can pose a challenge.

< Message edited by overdead -- 7/17/2015 21:50:32 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/17/2015 21:46:48   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

I think this has something to do with statistics. Maybe they saw in the data that high dex builds had high win rate. actually, high str tms have higher. The only problem is, it won't get detected because those mindless bots have high losing rate (beatable 100% if you've memorized their moves). But when the player using it is not botting, they can pose a challenge.

Remember that Dex TMs are mostly effective withing levels 1-25 ish.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/17/2015 21:56:56   
overdead

Oh yeah. I was a TM from 1 to 34. Hmm.. Maybe it's just hard to see the balance changes' logic from a level 40's perspective only. I only remember two good dex tms who both use pyro, azrael sidearm and aux, and endless armor. I bet they'll turn str now. Sigh.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/17/2015 21:57:01   
Lord Machaar

^ Nope, they are also highly effective at level 30 - 40 (and ranks), ask dfo99.
MQ Epic  Post #: 13
7/17/2015 22:03:15   
overdead

If they could so much as allow a stunned/paralyzed/sleeping person block an attack, I guess there's hope that massacre could be used with a sword. *Crosses fingers
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/17/2015 22:10:26   
Silver Sky Magician

I felt that the change to overload was unnecessary...in my experience, dex tms were strong but not overpowered, and could be easily outmanoeuvred by a variety of other builds. The reduction of stun chances also came out of the blue. With this change, the recently resurgent dex tm build is buried. I doubt that new builds will emerge, or that balance will be better off because of this.

Aside from that, I'm not sure how to interpret the 'lowered diminishing returns from 0.85 to 0.8' for primary damage - it seems to me that strength has in fact been nerfed further i.e. 0.8 primary damage instead of 0.85 per 1 stat point at high strength levels.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 7/17/2015 22:14:05 >
Post #: 15
7/17/2015 23:04:31   
Lord Machaar

Believe me, a high dex TM build is still OP, a build with 400 + defense and 400 + resistance, plus a high sidearm damage, and 2 powerful energy skills, and 2 powerful damage sources (now 1), and a powerful shield which technician that perfectly improves with dexterity, and even for builds that have less resistance will benefit a lot from it, and a nice robot called pyro that could disable your energy source skill, so yeah, I still consider dex TMs build pretty OP, and if you are looking at a rank 1 user of this build, well you should look at a rank 60 user of this build.
MQ Epic  Post #: 16
7/17/2015 23:20:19   
shadow.bane

@machaar npt this buff to str is useless ... i didn't know the exact starting of it maybe 85 as u said idk but what i got is 139 + 35 str ( +30 damage from ranks ) used to give me 702 not it gives me 711 so + 9 points on 174 str points , it's useless in my opinion .

and i've used a dex buld with a sword for mage and a level 7 muli , it was even working fine as now like 85 - 90 % .
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
7/18/2015 1:46:11   
dfo99

dex tms was not op even before this patch, a str tlm or str smart player with other classes could defeat dex tms without dificult if they attacks don't keep blocking, and with the blocks odds nerfed from 2.5 to 5 dex per 1% + luckly strike buffed ofc. they give the dex tm the pistol scale, but basicaly delete the overload from the game (since use support tlm is better than support tm), but forgot completly that dex tms almost can't block anything actually.
Post #: 18
7/18/2015 2:14:40   
shadow.bane

@dfo99 no disrespect but the main weakness of str players is dex player due to the high amount of blocks and the little damage they do cause if u play dex u can't but be tanky .
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/18/2015 4:24:00   
lampur1

recently? did you know that dex mage build was 90% of the builds used at lvl 5-25 and had about 80-90% win chance. and it has been that way since omega started. i know the build isnt that hard to beat but it removed the builds you want to use. players at such low lvls were forced to use certain builds and could not even try anything new as the builds would get destroied. you may think that the build just came up but thats because you only play with your high end character. i am really happy that they finally changed overload and for once they did an update that only didnt help lvl 40 characters but all lvls.
just logged into my lowbie 25 and felt the freedome of builds i could use as most people can't even make a decent build at such lvls :3 the nerf was needed as alot of NEW players had left the game due to all of these dex tm and yes i admit. they werent that hard to beat. sorry for my english.(for some reason my laptop changes some letters so sorry for that aswell)

< Message edited by lampur1 -- 7/18/2015 4:26:37 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/18/2015 6:21:35   
Silver Sky Magician

^

Interesting point, I can see how dex mages would be a problem at lower levels. Definitely looking at the recent changes more favourably now, though I am still of the opinion that they might have been a tad harsh.
Post #: 21
7/18/2015 10:26:06   
One Winged Angel1357

@lampur while Dex mages aren't hard to beat at low levels(just about every energy drain will do it) they were omnipresent and if they got to go first and got a stun that was basically game. Dex multi BH worked for me up until level 20-23 then I was forced into a strength build. Stun zerker was also a build that I saw and it received an indirect nerf by allowing blocks and deflects in stun.

These changes that we are all focusing on the late game impact are all very important to early game players. People we want to make it to the cap and be a member of the game and not turned off by rampant stun builds in the early game
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/18/2015 10:41:31   
Stonehawk

Can anyone tell me ONE build with a good overload? All other stun skills can hit high, because they improve with defensive stats, so you can increase its respective stat without being defenseless... Now tell me about overload, with those changes they made for it:

1- Its cost was increased
2- Its damage was lowered
3- Now improves with support

If you make a focus build with support, you can't hit 600 even if it's maxed. The skill is dead now!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
7/18/2015 10:56:49   
romanu

I imagine they made the damage low because TM can combine it with malfunction( that also increases with support) and the skills is also likely to crit rather often with high support abuse.

Still, BM does't have malfunction.

And again, the classes that share skills mistake shows up.

You guy should of made original skills for classes back when the team that creates skills and classes was active on the game, and not copy skills just to get 3 new classes out. now is too late since they focus on other game.

< Message edited by romanu -- 7/18/2015 11:00:44 >
Post #: 24
7/18/2015 11:10:22   
Stonehawk

There's shield, all classes has shield, if you malf they shield and when shield is gone malf is too, lol.

P.S.: Not to mention damage is a joke if you don't max the skill and sacrifice most of your points in support. I was trying to make a single build that it works, but I just give up. I think they just want us to keep changing classes and getting more varium for it. *sigh*

< Message edited by Stonehawk -- 7/18/2015 11:13:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> =ED= July 17th, 2015 - Patch Notes - 1.6.50 (Balance)
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition