Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Make Free Items Fully Upgraded

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Make Free Items Fully Upgraded
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/24/2015 13:43:08   
DELTA BEING

has anyone ever received a 'free' weapon or armor from a mission or prize code, but because the item isn't upgraded, you have to spend a lot of credits to use it? well, I suggest that whenever a player earns a free weapon, the weapon should be already fully upgraded to the player's current level, so that the player won't have to spend a lot of credits to upgrade the item, but instead spend only 100 credits to retrain it

< Message edited by DELTA BEING -- 7/24/2015 14:35:50 >
Epic  Post #: 1
7/24/2015 13:54:28   
RaXZerGamingZ

makes sense , supported but the title needs a change i thought you meant the removal of varium
Post #: 2
7/25/2015 4:33:33   
King Bling

Not supported, since people will sell the "free" item for over 10k etc, devaluating the item, plus flash limitations.
Post #: 3
7/25/2015 14:10:33   
DELTA BEING

then maybe it should be unsellable then
Epic  Post #: 4
7/25/2015 16:18:10   
  Exploding Penguin

^Inventory space problems.

Since ED is supposed to be heavily focused on a competitive PvP environment why is there so much encouragement of farming NPCs mindlessly for credits to do stuff like unlock ranks, retrain, upgrade weapons? It seems very counterintuitive to me.
Epic  Post #: 5
7/26/2015 2:11:22   
Thylek Shran

^
It is. The game does get flooded weekly with tons of new items but they are very
expensive when being fully upgraded (cores !) so that only a few could buy them.
We even cant see how they would look on us so we have to buy the cat in the sack
and waste our money.

Free weapons and armors definetly are not free as they have to get upgraded and
stocked with cores. They are a seducement for spending money. But the devs dont
termed them to be free. This is the definition of the thread starter. The rewards are
only the textures. Making the items competitive does cost money.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 7/26/2015 2:14:23 >
DF Epic  Post #: 6
7/31/2015 6:14:53   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I understand the point being made here, the issue is that the whole 'free item' works exactly as it says, it's a free item. This means you get that item for free, not exactly the upgrades, since they are separate. If all items came completely upgraded, it means that if you build up to a high level, doing quests periodically specifically to get new 'fully upgraded items' to your level, then you could in theory go through most the levels simply retraining and not having to really spend on anything else that was truly needed. This kind of destroys the games economy, and makes farming pretty pointless. Yes it could be argued that items are aesthetic now for the most part, however upgrades gives you a reason to farm and earn things - if they're given on a plate in some form, it defeats their purpose to an extent.

That's just my opinion on it though!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/31/2015 6:57:17   
  Exploding Penguin

ED has been geared towards a more cosmetic game yet still is supposed to be a competitive PvP-based MMO.

I think that credits should only be spent as the base cost for weapons, and for class changes, completing quests, hairstyles/color changes, etc... Not to upgrade weapons. The idea of upgrading weapons leaves most notably new players quite often in a pit where they messed up and didn't manage their money right and eventually got behind others that are the same level, only to spiral into an endless pit of mindlessly farming NPCs or consistently losing to those that are the same level or sometimes even lower. Yes, new equipment is entirely for the appearance now but I think that a varying base price + a massive upgrade price should not be happening. The base price is actually already very high on many items IMO.
Epic  Post #: 8
7/31/2015 7:53:35   
King Bling

Not supported, second reason is, the "free" weapons from the codes given have a sell back of 200 creds, if they would come fully upgraded, ppl would be multi millionaire by now
Post #: 9
8/1/2015 21:31:36   
Dark Worshgiper

I support one thing .
quote:

the weapon should be already fully upgraded to the player's current level
but not any weapon . it should be the main weapon which you get after changing your class .
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/3/2015 15:06:52   
Oswald Cobblepot

Supported, but the sell back price shouldn't be changed or be set to 0.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/25/2015 5:23:47   
lampur1

maby make the weapon you get sell for 100 or 0 so people wont turn into cash gods (by that even when it's upgraded already it sells for 100 or 0) Is what I mean
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Make Free Items Fully Upgraded
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition