Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - The Final Battle

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - The Final Battle
Page 1 of 912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/28/2015 5:15:03   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Crimson sands gleam under the fair weather sky. Embracing the Eight with ancient blood, power leeching into the world as simple stone becomes something more. Something so very much more. The time has come, the Arena breathes. Nearby Bren begins to clamour with frenzied activity and final preparations. The time has come.

Come one, come all, and bear witness. Come aspirants, come activist, and bear testimony. Come challenger, come competitor, and behold your chance at glory.

The time has come...the Elemental Championships are upon us.

Once more the time for the Elemental Championships have arrived, and once more I will be serving as your humble Director of affairs. It has been quite awhile since I’ve served in this capacity, but at least I got a chance last year to satisfy the itch of competition. However, don’t think I’ve lost a single step in being able to craft a solid competition!

Now for those of you wanting to enter the forge of battle, you need to provide me a character biography that satisfies the registration requirements. Anyone can participate, you do not have to previously have participated on the RP Boards here. To begin with, you will provide some form of identification for your character - a name, usually, but titles or other designations for “nameless” characters will serve - as well as the Element your character shall participate for and strive to earn favor enough to advance. Then outline your character’s appearance, including obvious carried weaponry, and outline any skills or abilities that require elaboration. Further details, such as history and personality, are not required. However, if a decision is extremely close and in need of tie-breaker material, additional well-crafted detail may be considered.

I am a merciful tyrant, in the vein of Vetinari, so if you feel some aspect of your character needs to remain secret from your competitors, you may utilize spoiler tags. That may not guarantee others don’t peek, but I would hope others conduct themselves with honor. However, if there is not a sign in your bio that can support a certain action, spell, or ability shown in your posts then I shall discard the silken glove covering my iron fist and act without mercy. It is what I do, and I hope the imagery has you smiling despite the seriousness. Overall, all of your listed abilities, skills, and so forth are what your character will have admitted towards during the never-actually-seen in-character testing process. Out-of-character, surprise reactions can be nice to read about, but I should not be surprised that your character can do something.

Yes, I am going to try expand a bit on the story and setting this year. Like explaining why, exactly, there aren’t hundreds of other competitors from every corner of Lore each year.

Applications shall remain open until Wednesday, August the 12th, at which point I will select which Arenas will be utilized and randomly assign participants to each. Given how variable the numbers of participants have been in past years, I do not have a specific set of Arenas already pre-planned for use. Rather, I have them all already updated and revised - at least those requiring changes - and will use as many as needful once I have the numbers. Submissions will be evaluated by myself, and approved competitors will be added to a sorted list at the bottom of this post. If your initial submission is not approved, you have until that date to either resubmit a fixed application in a new post, or an entirely new character. To that end, characters not approved will be given a brief reason why, and you can request further elaboration via PM.

In the past, the first phase of the actual tournament facet has been called the preliminaries or the Dropoffs phase. Assuming we have the numbers, I am changing that naming to the Paragon Phase, since you are technically competing against others of your element while generally staying alive in the melee in your assigned arena. The Paragon Phase will last anywhere from two to three weeks, with some variance depending on how active the competition is and how tight the decisions may get. If you need to plan your time out, plan on the full three week period. Currently, the period will end as expected on Wednesday, September the 2nd, but if that changes, I will change the date here in addition to posting why.

At the end of the Paragon phase, one finalist from each element will be selected to move on, and this usually takes a day to process my decisions and get the Finals thread ready. Anticipated start date of the Finals will be Friday, September the 4th. More information on the Finals will be forthcoming when the time grows nearer.

Rules:

As for rules, all normal RP Boards Rules will apply. In addition, I have one item of legal boilerplate as well as the Elemental Championship specific rules: By participating in this Tournament, you recognize my role as Judge and my say as final.

1. Characters must engage in combat.
This is a combat RP event. Make war, not love. If you can manage both...kudos to your multitasking.

2. Do not use cross-element powers.
This is the Elemental Championship. Your character is competing for the favor of one of the Elemental Lords in the preliminaries, and against the other elemental Paragons in the Finals. No Lord will ever choose as their representative someone who cannot win upon the strength of their Element alone.

3. You must post regularly.
Consistent activity is paramount. Please do not enter the tournament if you are not committed to staying the course. Nothing is worse than an RPer paralyzed and unable to participate because his or her opponent has gone missing. Therefore, during the preliminaries any competitor who does not post at least once every 4 days (counted from the post time of your last post) will automatically forfeit. Your character will then be considered free for the slaughter - any other character in your arena will be allowed to kill him/her/it. If something comes up and you know you are going to miss the deadline, PM me. Exceptions can be made in these cases, but you must inform me beforehand.
I am a tyrant about enforcing this rule. You have been warned.

4. Do not edit your posts once you have submitted them.
As with bios, you may only edit your posts with the express permission of myself. Editing of bios or of posts without foreknowledge creates suspicion of foul play. Double-check your post before you submit it, and live with any errors you might have once it is submitted.

5. Each RPer is allowed one and only one character.
You may not enter pairs, squads, platoons, battalions, armies, or swarms.

6. Do not use colored text or other excessive formatting.
We require your posts to be easily readable. The default formatting of the forum is the best option for this. While you may use bold, italics, and underline as normal, do not, for example, create a post consisting entirely of bold text.

7. Death has Consequences.
Characters who die within the Elemental Championships are dead. Period. This is a Canon event with regards to normal RP Board rules. Characters who die during the Paragon Phase are still eligible for being chosen as Finalists, and this is the only free pass to revival. Dying in the Finals is, sadly, permanent. Unless you wish to center an entire RP around reviving your character later, or put forth similar efforts.

8. Have some fun!
All these rules and regulations may seem daunting, but while this is a tournament and a competition, the entire objective is to have some fun. We all like to win, sure, but try to enjoy yourselves along the way!

The penalty for failing to follow the rules may result in your immediate disqualification from the tournament. Failure to comply with the direction of the Director may also result in immediate disqualification from the tournament. While discussion of a ruling may be allowed, as stated before, I have the final say.

General info and tips:

You should note that though this is a competition, collaboration is your best friend. Your character is in combat with other characters; you, however, are not in combat with the other players. We urge you to discuss combat and options with your fellow contestants. You are free to make collaborative posts, and to work out battle sequences. Keep records of your discussions for collaboration, however! I may request them depending on closeness of running. OOC threads will be provided for each arena for the express purpose of communication with your fellow contestants and with us. Additionally, if you are able, the channel #RPBoards will be available on irc.caelestia.net. We have created an IRC tutorial for RPers, that can be found here. Additional information on IRC can be located here. Additionally, the master list of approved entries also has link buttons for PMs as an additional shortcut for your potential collaboration needs.

List of Accepted Entrants by Element

Ice [2 1]
Ywris, The Angel of Silence as played by Draysin! Elimination by Disqualification
Sheriff Dell Wolf as played by Dragonnightwolf!

Earth [3 2]
Hideyoshi as played by Caststarter!
Tomarul Valpar as played by Riprose! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Shud Stoneskin as played by Rayen!

Wind [4 3]
Keihäs Törsätä as played by Dwelling Dragonlord!
Cole Govad as played by deathlord45!
Echo as played by Daimyo Daimyo! Voluntary withdrawal before competition began.
S.O.N.A.R. as played by Bastet!

Energy [2]
Elysia, Storm-Bringer as played by Starflame13!
Raiu as played by Draycos777

Darkness [4 2]
Ravinia "Backstab" Rastmaata as played by salene! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Garreth Blietstresky Balthasar as played by nield!
Zane as played by Tdub!
Moriar Thornewood as played by Starstuck! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out

Water [3 2]
John the Janitor as played by Ultrapowerpie!
Uriel as played by Retro the Watcher! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Yeni Ara as played by TormentedDragon!

Fire [2 1]
Micha Wiedii as played by Kellehendros!
Lance, Hell’s Fang as played by draketh99! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out

Light [2 1]
Lucia Deis as played by Apocalypse!
Arvensis Elekar as played by Azan! Voluntary withdrawal as Real Life got in the way.

Master List of Accepted Characters
Total: 21, as of Official Start

Keihäs Törsätä as played by Dwelling Dragonlord competing for Wind!
Cole Govad as played by deathlord45 competing for Wind!
Echo as played by Daimyo Daimyo competing for Wind! (This approval is Conditional! Please see this post for details.) Voluntary withdrawal before competition began.
Elysia, Storm-Bringer as played by Starflame13 competing for Energy!
Micha Wiedii as played by Kellehendros competing for Fire!
Ywris, The Angel of Silence as played by Draysin competing for Ice! Elimination by Disqualification
Raiu as played by Draycos777 competing for Energy! Conditional Approval note: Still thinking on the Odin's Hold spell.
S.O.N.A.R. as played by Bastet competing for Wind!
Lance, Hell’s Fang as played by draketh99 competing for Fire! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Ravinia "Backstab" Rastmaata as played by salene competing for Darkness! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Hideyoshi as played by Caststarter competing for Earth!
Garreth Blietstresky Balthasar as played by nield competing for Darkness!
John the Janitor as played by Ultrapowerpie competing for Water!
Sheriff Dell Wolf as played by Dragonnightwolf competing for Ice!
Lucia Deis as played by Apocalypse competing for Light!
Zane as played by Tdub competing for Darkness!
Arvensis Elekar as played by Azan competing for Light! Voluntary withdrawal as Real Life got in the way.
Moriar Thornewood as played by Starstuck competing for Darkness! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Uriel as played by Retro the Watcher competing for Water! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Yeni Ara as played by TormentedDragon competing for Water!
Tomarul Valpar as played by Riprose123 competing for Earth! (This approval is Conditional! Please contact me to work out lingering issues.) DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Shud Stoneskin as played by Rayen competing for Earth!

Rosters by Arena:

Spike Arena Roster

S.O.N.A.R. as played by Bastet!
John the Janitor as played by Ultrapowerpie!
Sheriff Dell Wolf as played by Dragonnightwolf!
Lucia Deis as played by Apocalypse!
Arvensis Elekar as played by Azan! Voluntary withdrawal as Real Life got in the way.
Tomarul Valpar as played by Riprose! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Raiu as played by Draycos777

Twilight Arena Roster

Uriel as played by Retro the Watcher! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Zane as played by Tdub!
Shud Stoneskin as played by Rayen!
Elysia, Storm-Bringer as played by Starflame13!
Moriar Thornewood as played by Starstuck! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Micha Wiedii as played by Kellehendros!
Garreth Blietstresky Balthasar as played by nield!

Fountain's Arena Roster

Lance, Hell’s Fang as played by draketh99! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Yeni Ara as played by TormentedDragon!
Ravinia "Backstab" Rastmaata as played by salene! DQ by Rule #3 Idle Out
Cole Govad as played by deathlord45!
Keihäs Törsätä as played by Dwelling Dragonlord!
Hideyoshi as played by Caststarter!
Ywris, The Angel of Silence as played by Draysin! Elimination by Disqualification

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 9/4/2015 1:08:02 >
AQ  Post #: 1
7/29/2015 14:58:12   
nield
Creative!

Name: Garreth Blietstresky Balthasar

Element: Darkness

Race: Fiend of Babel. (The Fiend of Babel is a species that is human to the undiscerning eye, with the distinction of being partially shadows, and the base desires. Where humans desire food and survival, the Fiend is focused on undermining civilisation, razing important buildings and mixing tongues to the point where a single word can have many meanings, and just generally reveling in the misery of other species.)

Appearance: Garreth has ceased growing and now stands at 5 foot 2, which is fairly short for his people, who stand at around 5 foot 6 on average. His skin is fairly pale by nature, though a lot of the time his skin appears reddish, as he gets sunburnt very easily. He wears his hair in two distinct fashions. The hair on the right-hand side of his head is worn relatively short, and spiky, while the hair on the left side of his head is worn relatively long, and straight, and covers his left eye at all times. His hair is rainbow-coloured by nature, as is the hair of all Fiends. However, Garreth has a mixture that he applies to his hair in the mornings, which turns his hair jet-black for the rest of the day, and wears off during the night. Garreth's right eye, which is the same in appearance as a human's, has an ordinary set of colours, with black pupil, white sclera, and baby-blue iris. The left eye, however, is an entirely different story (See section below). For his clothing, he tends to wear all-black clothing, which is worn, and torn, even shredded in places, and adorned with chains. For the duration of the ECs, he is also wearing an eye patch over his left eye.

The Left Eye: The left eye of a Fiend of Babel is a most peculiar thing. The most immediately obvious irregularity with the eye is its appearance. The iris and pupils of the eye make a six-pointed pentacle in appearance, with the seven pupils making up the inner hexagon and the six outer triangles, and the iris making up the lines that separate the pupils, and the outer partial circles. The pupils are all different colours, with the central pupil being black, as one would expect, but the six outer pupils are (from the top, going clockwise) red, yellow, cyan, orange, green, violet. The iris is a pure white, while the sclera is magenta. However, the absurd appearance is one of the least-weird features of the eye. The eye actually acts as memory storage. While the memories do still accumulate in the brain, they also accumulate inside the eye, as it 'records' everything it sees, as well as all its bearer has heard. The eye is capable of piercing through one layer of any material, which is part of the reason Garreth wears his hair over his, as once his eye has seen through his hair, it cannot pierce any other materials. He also wears his hair over his eye so as not to freak people out.

Another odd feature, is that the eyeball is actually removable, and doing so does not cause any damage, either to the eye, or to the Fiend it belongs to. Probably the most unusual feature of the eye, is that if a Fiend places another Fiend's left eyeball into their own left eye socket, they will gain knowledge of what the other Fiend's left eye has seen. Most curiously, this is actually how the King/Queen of the Fiends is chosen: The left eye of the King/Queen is actually unique among the race: the colours of the eye are inverted: The middle pupil is white and the other pupils are (from the top, clockwise) cyan, violet, red, blue, magenta, yellow, the iris is pure black, and the sclera is green. To become King/Queen, a Fiend must first be eligible, either by being related to the current King/Queen via blood, or by otherwise being 'notable', which usually means they have wreaked havoc on a large populace. Then, they must beat the current King/Queen in combat, and then place the King's left eye in their own eye socket, which gives them not only the title, but the knowledge of everything the previous Kings have seen.

Abilities: Born of Shadow: Fiends originally came into being from shadows, and still maintain some aspects of this origin, being that they are more agile, more flexible, but also of less substance: A Fiend's most powerful attacks utilise the momentum of a full-pelt run to compensate for the fact that they are not naturally inclined to being physically strong.

Hand-to-hand expert: Fiends all train in mastery of hand-to-hand combat, specifically for the use of clawed gauntlets, and Garreth is no exception.

Agile: Fiends are naturally more agile than most other races due to their shadow origin, being about 1.6 times faster than a particularly agile human. (Let me know if I need to lower this. It's already been significantly nerfed, but I'm not sure if this is acceptable or not)

Flesible: Fiends are naturally able to contort themselves to levels that other races would have to train to accomplish.

Equipment: Garreth has only his two clawed hand gauntlets, which are ornate, and made of a metal that resembles gold in appearance and colour, but which can meet steel without giving, or being scratched any more than steel would against steel. On the back of the hand of each gauntlet is a gem, a ruby for the left hand, a sapphire for the right. The fingers are segmented, with the undersides sharpened, slightly more sharper than steel on a regular hit, but on a fuill-pelt, swinging momentum strike, the gauntlets are capable of cutting THROUGH steel. The fingers also end in vicious points that no man would like to get stabbed with.

Personality: Garreth is the opposite of normal Fiends of Babel. He is kind towards people and acts as an interpreter whenever the need arises, his knowledge of the many confused tongues coming in handy. He hates killing, but he is willing to use violence readily if it's needed. Due to his dislike of killing, Garreth only fights using his clawed arm gauntlets, and doesn't even wear his feet gauntlets, and would only resort to using his feet if it came down to his life or the life of his opponent. Garreth is extremely loyal towards his friends, and an honourable fighter.

History: Garreth was born into a very minor family, they held no status, and hadn't had a single member be notable for well over six generations. Garreth's older brother, Isaac Dewford Balthasar, sought to change this. When Garreth was five years old, and Isaac 25, Isaac left the family, and headed across the sea. He travelled quite far, and found a large island that was in dire straits, overpopulated and economically struggling. Over the course of 5 years, Isaac took this struggling nation, and drove it into ruin. Over the first year he was there, he managed to separate the population into eight distinct groups. After the second year of his time there was done, each group spoke a different language, a simple greeting in each, translating to the most vulgar insult of another. On the eve of the third year, he re-introduced the groups to each other, and throughout that third year he manipulated diplomatic relations, which were constantly frayed even without his input. Isaac then sat back as civil war destroyed the island and its inhabitants over the next two years.

Satisfied with what he had accomplished, Isaac returned to his family and sought audience with the then-King of the Fiends, to tell of his exploits across the sea. The King was dubious of Isaac's tale, however, and was set to banish Isaac for wasting his time, when Isaac suggested the ultimate lie-detecting technique: As a Fiend can learn of all another has seen by placing the other's eye in his own eye socket, this was all the King had to do to know if Isaac was telling the truth. The King agreed, but not before warning Isaac he would be killed if he was lying, and gave him the chance to opt out. Isaac, knowing he spoke the truth, agreed to go ahead. The then-King plucked Isaac's eye, and set it in his own eye socket. It was not long before a slow smile came upon the King's face, and giving Isaac his eye back, bestowed notable status upon the man. Isaac, grateful, bowed, and in his next breath, challenged the King for his own title. The King, having not been challenged in the 20 years he had held the title, was amused by Isaac's arrogance, and agreed to the battle.

After one week, the two engaged in battle. Isaac, who had trained hard, and had kept his battle skills in peak condition, and the then-King, who had not fought since he gained his title, twenty years previous. Despite the difference in the upkeep of their skills, the two were quite evenly matched. After a long battle, taking around an hour, Isaac triumphed, and plucked the King's eye. As was the custom, he placed the Eye of The King in his eye socket, and placed his own left eye into the now-ex-King's eye socket, so that he would still have an Eye. With this act done, all that every King and Queen previous to him had seen and heard was transferred into Isaac's mind. With this act done, Isaac returned to his family, and informed them of their new status among the Fiends.

Garreth was very uneasy of this news. From a young age, Garreth had found he didn't agree with much of the Fiends' way of life. In fact, one time, at a Gathering, he had voiced his thoughts among his family, which led to him being introduced to the 'educational chair', aimed at brainwashing Fiends who thought differently. First, you were strapped down, then the backrest reclined. From the ceiling would descend several blades, each of them swinging. Slowly they would cut away at your arms and legs, while what was expected of a Fiend was slowly and methodically spoken. You would be pushed to the brink of death, then healed. Then, the swinging blades were swapped for stabbing blades, and the process repeated. Since that time, Garreth had learned to keep his thoughts to himself.

After that incident with the 'educational chair', Garreth found himself thinking more and more that he was what was known as The Saviour of Babel. The Saviour is something of a mythical figure among the Fiends, and said to appear only once every 20 generations. The Saviour is said to be the opposite of normal Fiends. For this reason, The Saviour is hated by all, and even occasionally feared by some. Whenever a Saviour is discovered, the Fiends engage in what can only be compared to a witch-hunt: A small, carefully selected group of Fiends systematically and methodically go through every family, looking for the Saviour. There is no chance of the Saviour being among the group, however, as it is a prerequisite that Fiends be of notable rank in order to join the group, though they themselves ARE still tested. No Fiend is safe from this process, not even the King.

So Garreth, thinking himself to be the Saviour, was very uneasy at the news of his family's new status. They would now be a lot more high-profile among the other families, which meant that not only were they far more admired, but far more SCRUTINISED. It was expected of the King's family that every member was as ruthless as the King, and Garreth had not only not shown that in any way, but he had voiced to his family his thoughts on the Fiends' way of life. This was something that would be remembered, and Garreth would be far more highly scrutinised than most, because of this fact. However, being still only ten, he knew he still had eight years before he came of age, and it was expected of him that he participated in the activities of the Fiends.

For the next six years, Garreth managed to stay below the radar, but eventually, he was found out for what he was. It was the eve of his sixteenth birthday, and his family was on the move again. Garreth managed to sneak away, and back to the settlement they were now leaving, having thrown it into a full state of discord. Garreth tried to help the people there, having himself been a part of causing the current situation. He tried his best to help them back into all at the very least speaking a single language. Unfortunately for Garreth, some of his family came back, looking to see if he'd been left behind somehow. When they found him trying to HELP the people there, they realised what he must be. Rather, they jumped to the conclusion, as it was the right time for the Saviour to appear.

At that point, Garreth felt that he was done for, but to his surprise, the people he had been vigorously trying to help sprang to his aid, and drove the members of his family off, but not before they swore they would hunt Garreth down. Once Garreth got the settlement back into speaking a single language, they told him about Vanguard Academy, where he enrolled. Garreth has since graduated from the Academy and found himself in Bren, to fight in the ECs to test himself, and see if he can go out into the world, and fight his own kind.

Fiends of Babel Culture: The Fiends of Babel are somewhat nomadic in nature. They travel around a fair bit, staying in one location only to sow discord. They travel in small families, and are spread throughout many different lands. Every three years, the whole race comes together in an event they unoriginally call a Gathering. At these events they share tales of communities they have ruined since the previous Gathering, and some of the Fiends that are of age- 18 years plus- engage in a fighting tournament, sheerly for fun, as they are somewhat of a violent race, when amongst only their own kind. The Fiends' weapon of choice are clawed gauntlets for both hands and feet, which are usually ornate, and they are gifted their own set when they come of age. However, gifting another Fiend a pair is actually a challenge, to fight. So when a Fiend comes of age, they must fight whomever gifted them the gauntlets. A Fiend's fight style utilises all four limbs, with different roles for the different sets, A fiend's arms are used to wound, maim and disable, while his legs are used to kill.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/29/2015 16:23:47   
Bastet

Great, I'll join in on this year too. I already have a character concept ready but I won't be able to write it down until after the 5th because of a laptop breakdown.
Post #: 3
7/29/2015 17:49:47   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Name: Keihäs Törsätä

Element: Wind

Race: Wind Elf

Appearance: A slim, dark-skinned wind elf with golden catlike eyes and transparent wings.

Bio (short): Youngest out of three siblings. Her oldest sister, Taito Puhaltaa, made a magnificent glass statue of the Wind Lord depicting her as a female wind elf wearing a flowing robe. Her other sister, Suppattaa Laula, wrote songs in honour of the Wind Lord's full splendour and grace. She in her stead decided to fight in Bren to honour the Wind Lord.

Her family was always one of the more devout followers of the Wind Lord, or her avatar Khazri, amongst the Wind Elves and they always sought to gain her favour. Her parents make wind chimes and decorate the forests with them to appease the winds spirits and elementals. This in turn made their daughters make friends with the latter and some claim it stimulated their wings' growth substantially. It is certainly no lie that all three of them had their wings early.

Bio (long): Keihäs is the descendant of sailors, both of her grandparents were employed aboard the great ocean liners for their people's extraordinary ability to work with the wind and getting it into the sails. In this line of dangerous work on seemingly endless stretches of water with no place to take shelter but the boats themselves faith blossoms, making most sailors turn to praying to the Water Lord. For her grandparents however, the Wind Lord was the logical choice to turn to when praying for favourable winds and clear, blue skies. Later when they retired they instilled that faith into their children and they in turn in their children even though the last two generations have not gone into the profession of sailing.

Her siblings were very artistic and used that to honour the Wind Lord, but Keihäs found she had no such craftsmanship. This left her very torn up and she tried to make up for it by hanging more wind chimes in the forests than either of her siblings, something which earned her a special friend who bonded with her to the point where they were always together. Then, one night after hearing her grandparents recall a time they went to the Elemental Championships in Bren and how those who fought there did so to win the favour of the Elemental Lords she knew she had to go there to earn the favour of the Wind Lord. Subsequently, she started training with a spear and learning how to throw it at a makeshift practice range she had constructed but she found the time to recover the spear painfully slow. In that her partner provided a solution by bonding with her weapon upon which the spear would fly back to her hand each time after it hit, or missed, its target.

Upon leaving for Bren, she had an emotional goodbye with her family knowing that she might not return and was given a glass ring by her oldest sister for good luck.

Abilities:

Airborne: She can fly and hover using her wings. Flying is essentially a big jump, once it commences the destination cannot change.

Pirouette: When cornered or surrounded she can spin around while levitating, in the event there is a dry or loose soil it will cause the sand, snow or droplets of water to fly around potentially blinding her would-be assailants.

Equipment: She wields a metal, aerodynamic spear inhabited by a wind spirit, should she get separated from the weapon she can summon it to her at which it will come flying across the distance that separates it from her. However, should the spear become stuck in the ground (provided that the ground is softer than rock or metal) or target it may wiggle but must be removed by hand. She wears a light metal armour over a black vest and she wears black gloves which do not cover her fingers. On one of her fingers she wears a glass ring.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
7/29/2015 23:27:25   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

The thread has only been up for around a full day now, but already we've two competitors committing to characters! Excellent turnaround given the state of affairs these days. Now then, to the reviewing!

@Nield - Okay, I see what your trying to get at here. Mostly. However certain aspects are simply meaningless despite attempts at conveying an idea by metaphor. For instance, "1.6 times faster than a particularly agile human" is nonsensical. Agility, reflexes, flexibility and footspeed are all different, concrete aspects that this could refer to, but 'faster' is a poor term to use with anything outside of foot speed. Understand what I'm getting at here with your presentation? It is confusing, in part because you are effectively being too specific and bogging yourself down with metrics that make little to no sense depending on the reader. This particular Fiend of Babel is significantly more agile than a human and moves faster would be sufficient to drive the point I think you are getting at here.

The occasional glaring typo doesn't help. "Flesible", Nield? Truly attempting to baffle and confuse the Director, are we? *chuckles* Jesting aside, there's another issue here: the gauntlets. Again, wording is heavily contributing to muddling the point you are trying to convey with its enhanced effects. Namely the phrasing in this passage: "but on a fuill-pelt, swinging momentum strike". It's rare to ever pull a strike without trying a specific tactic or maneuver, so presumably the majority of your strikes should trigger the enhanced effect. Unless you mean strikes aided by moving at a full sprint prior...but that has its own nitpick level factors I could bring up. Or is this more a reference to truly wild swings, of the type which leaves you wide open because it is truly putting everything behind them? It isn't clear here, and that's a problem. I cannot approve Garreth yet because of those problems. Feel free to talk with me either here or privately if you need help making things clear while maintaining the core intent I think you have been aiming for.

As an aside: Not that I am a huge fan of things which treat steel effectively as paper, but such is the nature of magic and enchantments. The nature of the arms race among character gear, I suppose.

@Dwelling - Simple, well described, and there's something to be say about conciseness in presentation after enjoying Nield's titan of a post. Flight's a tricky thing, even given natural wings, but how you've chosen to restrict yourself is similar to what has been done in the past. Pirouette is interesting as a defensive trick while also being a rather fitting capability given wings. The equipment is also reasonable - and I like reasonable just as much as I like touching fluff like the ring - so I see no reason not to approve the character. Our first Wind competitor has been approved!
AQ  Post #: 5
7/30/2015 0:07:29   
deathlord45

Name: Cole Govad

Race: Human

Weapons: Wind Bow-gun(Flintlock styled rifle that shoots crossbow bolts, uses a wind gem to provide the propulsion for the bolt. 50% accurate at 50 meters, 80% accurate at 20 meters. Propulsion force generated via hammer striking the gem. Stronger the propulsion but at a 25% detriment to accuracy and faster gem depletion), Dark hard wood crossbow with the bow arms able to be brought next to the stock for ease of carrying, 2 regular daggers with empty circles as the pommels.

Weapon proficiency: Average proficiency with the Wind Bow-gun due to problems gauging the amount of force to cover distance to the target along with reloading and aiming speed. Above average proficiency with the crossbow along with better aiming speed. Averagely proficient with the daggers in close quarters combat. Hammer.

Gear: 50 feet of climbing rope. 15 climbing anchors. 2 Climbing picks. Snake anti-venom and spider anti-venom. Bandages. Sewing needle and thread. Thick leather gloves. 50 crossbow bolts. 10 Wind Gems. Stone for sharpening. 10 feet of extra bow string.

Appearance: Athletic, medium height. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Heavily tanned and has a scar above his right eye.

Personality: Cold, untrusting and quite. Preferring to travel alone as a opposed with a group because he works better on his own. More than capable to work together if a situation calls for it he tends still not to work well with more then two or three people. He rarely speaks unless he can't convey something through hand signals. He's also scared dogs due to a hunting accident when he was a child leading to the scar on his face. He also relies a frequently on traps and the like in order to survive.

Abilities:

Above-average Aiming: Years of practice with his crossbow and daggers have lead him to be very competent with aiming them decreasing the time it takes for him to aim by a couple seconds with either weapon.

Skilled climbing: Years of travel and climbing have made him deft at getting up off the ground and into an elevated position.

Knot tying and rope traps : Experience gained from being on his own has led Cole to develop some of his own knots and has made his hands deft at creating both knots and traps.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
7/30/2015 4:25:55   
Daimyo Daimyo

Name: Echo
Race: Approximation of a Siren
Appearance: Wispy, medium-length black hair that doesn't get in the way of his eyes that glow a radioactive-green. Brows which give the semblance of two raven feathers. Thin but not bony, pale body. Looks like a human in their late teens.
Equipment:
  • Black cat-ear headphones for looking cool.
  • Goggles to protect the eyes from: sand, water, wind, smoke, chemicals, etc.
  • Detachable black neck-guard to protect the throat.
  • Form-fitting, long-sleeved shirt and pants.
  • Steel-mesh gloves to protect the hands against sharp objects.
  • Black water-proof boots with crampons attached to keep from slipping on ice/snow.
  • Black megaphone for amplifying Sound Replication and Wind Breath.
  • 16 oz Water bottle strapped to right hip.

Abilities:
  • Sound Replication: Echo can copy the sound of anything he has ever heard and release it through his mouth, whether that be: the voice of a person, the roar of a tiger, the barking of a wolf, the chirping of a bird, the shriek of a banshee, the buzzing of a bee, the explosion of a bomb, etc. For combat purposes, he tends to use loud noises to startle his opponents, making them cover their ears or otherwise drop their guard. Whatever he is, it seems his race was designed with ears resistant to being damaged by loud noises; a safety feature against their own powers.
  • Wind Breath: By sucking in air until his cheeks are like that of a chipmunk's, Echo can then expel it like a dragon breathing fire. Those caught in its path will be sent flying, off-balanced, or pushed away; preferably slammed into a hard surface. Like Sound Replication, it has a drawback of tiring out the throat with repeated use. May allow you to smell what Echo had for breakfast.
  • Vibration: From the palm of his hands to the soles of his feet, Echo can choose to vibrate people and objects just by touching them. On people, this can either be a pleasurable massage or make you spasm as if you've been thrown naked into snow. Offensively, this can weaken someone's muscles enough so that they have difficultly standing or make them unable to clench a pencil with their hand; let alone a weapon or other object. With the right amount of force, this can shatter glass, break apart rocks, or cause tremors in the ground.

History: An actor who has starred as the lead role in many plays and sung in just as much concerts. He goes by the stage name "Echo", true name and past unknown. He has been criticized--mostly by people whose voice he has "stolen"--and called a copycat with no talent of his own. It doesn't help that companies who like a certain celebrity's voice but don't want to pay them an exorbitant fee will hire him to save money. But while there are hate mail threatening him with derogatory terms and harm (usually to his throat or vocal chords), there are also mail that thank him for brightening their lives.
  • MQ  Post #: 7
    7/30/2015 11:32:02   
      Starflame13

Name: Elysia, Storm-Bringer
    Element: Energy

Appearance: Around 5'5" and 120 lbs. Light brown hair that is cut short and spiked at the top to stay out of her way, and hard green eyes. Broad shoulders and deeply tanned skin from living outdoors on the plains. She has one battle scar across her left cheek and several others that are hidden by leather armor and steel and leather gauntlets. Under the armor, she is all muscle.

Personality: Extremely serious, no-nonsense type of person. Skilled leader, used to having a group of 15-30 people under her command. Observant and doesn't like to speak more than necessary. Loyal to family and tribe, but very distrusting to outsiders.

Weapons/Belongs: She rides a pure black gelding named Blossom, who has simple leather tack built for speed over comfort. Blossom had special training in order to remain calm while her rider plays with lightning, but otherwise is a fairly average, if lightweight, war horse. He is trained to respond to simple, spoken commands (like halt or stay). The saddle is designed to carry two small saddlebags as well as her primary weapon, her glaive. The glaive is a 5 foot long wooden staff topped with 18 inches of curved, deadly sharp steel blade. One saddlebag has healing supplies, a mix of magic potions and natural herbs, while the other has more basic survival supplies such as trail food, flint for fire, a compass, etc. She carries a water skin slung over the pommel. At her belt are her hunting knives, one long and one short. She also carries several other hidden blades within her armor.

Abilities:
    Weapons: Having fought in countless skirmishes, in both hunting patrols and border wars, she is extremely skilled with her glaive, both in one vs. one or in defending herself against a group. She has basic knowledge of hand-to-hand combat and wrestling just from sparring with her fellow tribesmen, but never chooses to fight unarmed. The same is true of her knives and daggers. While she can use them, and is relatively skilled, she is not an expert.
    Lighting: (She herself is not harmed by lightning strikes, though a direct bolt of pure energy could still affect her, depending on the situation)
    Lightning Javelin- a single bolt of lightning that can be summoned in her off-hand and thrown at a target. The closer the target, and the more metal they're wearing, the better accuracy.
    Lightning Web- a bolt of lightning called down directly from the sky that hits the tip of her glaive (or knife, if she's desperate for metal) and splinters into many bolts to create a web around her. There is a very small safe zone right next to her so Blossom would not be hit, but nearby allies could. The more metal around her, the more branches that will split off from the starting point.
    Sphere of Energy- summoning a sphere of pure energy around herself to disintegrate projectiles. Extremely thin, so a desperate person could try to charge through it, though wearing armor would be bad. The larger it is, the harder to hold and the more mana it takes. Her other lightning attacks take concentration but very little mana.
    Thunder:
    spoiler:

Shock Wave- An unseen and unfelt branch of lighting that arches out away from her, followed almost instantaneously with a huge overwhelming crash of thunder, powerful enough to knock most opponents off their feet. Weaker opponents would be paralyzed/stunned for a few minutes, while stronger ones would merely be disoriented. This type of attack leaves her fairly exhausted, and casting it too often could permanently damage her own hearing (or that of those around her).

History: Lived in a nomadic tribe whose name is unknown to outsiders that followed different herds across vast plains. Niece of Chieftain, so not in line for leadership but important enough to have a fairly educated upbringing (so can read and do basic math). Everyone in the tribes are trained to fight, and at 22 she was put in charge of one of the smaller groups who lead the more dangerous hunting patrols. At 25, she lead the largest group of warriors for her tribe in the various border skirmishes. Now at 27, her uncle asked her to competed in the Elemental Championships for the glory of their tribe and in the hopes bringing back greater wealth, as hunting is becoming more and more scarce.

Additional notes: I will be out of town from August 10th to August 18th, so posting will be extremely difficult for me then. I will do my best to post at least once, but I can't guarantee I'll have internet access.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
    7/30/2015 17:29:20   
    TJByrum

-Might- check this out later, but that's a big 'might'. Never once participated in the EC's, but I might this year!
    DF AQW  Post #: 9
    7/30/2015 21:53:40   
    Ronin Of Dreams
    Still Watching...

Another 24 hours, and another three bios up with two more on the way that I'm already aware of, which is a most excellent turn of events! As a heads up, since I've already fielded a few questions from both Starflame13 and deathlord45 over IRC, my responses to those two bios will be a bit more brief than normal.

@deathlord45 - So much dedication to a climbing rig means I would love for the dice to favor a certain arena or two when it comes to the random assignment bit for the Paragon Phase. I'm just not that sure an opportunity to use that gear will otherwise crop up, but how about we see if you can surprise me. The gun is neither the first nor the last to be used in the history of the tournament, and it seems you put in some good effort to be a balanced weapon while also being creative with it at the same time. Approved!

@Daimyo Daimyo - I remember seeing you in last year's OOC! Feels like quite awhile since I've seen you about, but I'm happy to see you around for the EC. I cannot recall ever having a siren-like being participate in the past, but you are certainly adding fuel to the fire for Wind being the most popular element out of the gate. Sound replication looks like it can range from a very utility-based ability to a rather useful combat one and seems alright to me. Knockbacks are a useful thing, certainly, and the Wind Breath doesn't strike me as abusable given it shares a strain with replication. I rather approve of non-conventional resource management instead of just mana and its cousins, so the throat tiring being a core concern amuses me terribly. Echo's vibration ability is the only one to give me any significant pause. Thematically, I can see why it continues the theme. Mechanically, I do wonder if you have something that by nature cannot be blocked, although certainly can be dodged. I'm willing to let you run this character as stands if the intention of the touch attack matters, i.e. if aiming to cause a spasm in muscles would have lessened effect if someone knocked Echo's hand away with the flat of a sword before Echo could grab their arm. If so, then this character is approved, if not please get in touch with me so I can better understand the ability in case I am misjudging it.

@Starflame13 - You also have an ability I had some concerns about, though in that case it was whether or not it could function within certain conditions. Since I managed to touch base with you via IRC, that has since been answered! Huzzahs all around for timing! We also talked in advance about your time-frame issues so I'm perfectly willing to allow a "late" start for you, and will help you facilitate posting while otherwise away if that opportunity arises for you. I perfectly understand that the runtime for any Elemental Championships usually winds up being less than ideal for some folks. I can't please everyone, but I can try to work with them. The lightning immunity could be a powerful thing - but there are far more forms of Energy than just lightning so I am not actually too worried about it being a thing beyond preventing self-harm from Elysia's own abilities. Mounts and pets similarly could be a thing from a problem standpoint, but you already asked about that and I'm willing to allow it given what we talked about. Mounts make for bigger targets, after all, so there's a definite downside as well. Approved.
    AQ  Post #: 10
    7/31/2015 0:04:28   
    draketh99
    Purple Armadillo

Name: Lance, Hell’s Fang
    Element: Fire

Appearance: Tall and athletic build, standing at six feet and four inches and weighing nearly two hundred and thirty pounds. Snow white hair kept slicked back and cut at the shoulder. He bears a long, black cloak that covers from his shoulders to his knees and has metal bracers woven into the forearms, chest and ribs.

Personality: Regal and stern, Lance is bearing or feigning composure at all times. With his dignity as close a companion to him as failure is a foe.

Equipment: His cloak is his largest bit of equipment. It’s thick, black cloth is woven with an enchanted sulfur that insulates him from extreme heat, as well as thick pads of leather lying under the metal plates to further insulate him from the elements to a reasonable degree. His belt holsters two flintlock pistols that are enchanted with hellfire and sulfur bullets.

Abilities:

Hellhound commune: Lance is a summoner who summons and communes with the spirits of hellhounds. His ability allows him to to grant them orders which they must perform on their own, which is limited to simple actions that one would expect of a well trained hound. In circumstances or locations in which he is unfamiliar with, his focus limits him to two hellhounds at a time. As the ritual for communing with a hellhound is extremely costly of both time and resource, as well as is impossible to summon one back during a battle should he lose one, he keeps his eldest two with him at all times unless they are forcibly despawned. Their range is limited to the outer edge of his focus, as they become useless if they wander off further than he can see, as he would have to trade off his focus in order to bear their senses.

Hellfire shot: An explosive burst of hellfire from his flintlock pistols, The level of heat decreases exponentially with the distance it travels, giving it a lethal range of a meter and an effective range of three meters

Sulfur shot: He carries with him 15 pellets of shot enchanted with sulfur. The enchanted shot acts as a poison, causing loss of sense of smell, blurred vision and disorientation for an hour. This shot has an effective range of roughly five meters.

Hellhound description: Standing just smaller than a wolf and made completely of bone, They give off an incredible amount of heat at all times, causing the air around them to warp and ignite, giving off the illusion that they’re made of fire and bone. Aside from the heat their bodies give off, their only method of attack are their teeth and claws, their tails are long enough to grab a leg, but are not strong enough to cause injury.

History: Lance, the son of a well off hound tamer, had been raised by his father to carry on the task of raising hunting dogs for the prince of his homeland. He grew up alongside hounds and other hunting dogs his entire life, and took to heart his father’s commands to remain of a dominant stature, else his dogs turn on him at the first sign of stumbling. By the age of 30 he was grown and running his late father’s business for the prince and had a family of his own. After raising a hound that turned on the prince and his stewards, the prince ordered Lance’s dogs be slaughtered and his family killed. Lance rebelled with what remaining dogs he had in the late hours of the knight and killed the prince. Finding his revenge far from fulfilling, he turned to the magical world in an attempt to summon back his wife to him, drawing to him the spirits of otherworldly hounds instead. Now turning to the Elemental Lord of Fire, Lance is hoping to find a way to commune with his family again.

DF  Post #: 11
    7/31/2015 19:16:49   
    Kellehendros
    Eternal Wanderer

Name: Micha Wiedii
    Race: Enkeli Kissa Mar
    Element: Fire

Appearance: A feline-human hybrid, Micha stands at a slender five-foot and eight inches from head to paw. Her most striking feature is perhaps her very large, prominent eyes: amber orbs with slitted pupils that seem just a hair too large for her head. She has a blunt snout that is framed by two dark stripes which curve down her forehead and around her muzzle, passing around the inner edges of her eye sockets like dark tear tracks. Her ears are a pair of rounded triangles perched atop her feline head, their backs black with white splotches in their center.

Her build is slim, with a modest bust, giving her a look that is more tomboyish appeal than curving conventional beauty. She is covered head to paw in soft, tawny fur that is spangled with rosettes of black and deeper brown. Her hide also bears a series of longitudinal black streaks, most notably a pair that run in parallel tracks down her spine. A banded, three-foot tail with a black tip sways and bobs behind her, often giving indications of her mood for those who can read such information by the way it swings or lashes. Her belly, as well as the undersides of her limbs from armpit to elbow and thigh to knee, are of a soft white with shorter fur.

While Micha has furred and dexterous human hands, though her digits end in sharp claws which she keeps trimmed back. These natural weapons interfere with her use of her hands for other tools. Her legs are those of a feline: lean muscles and powerful, digitigrade hind limbs that give her excellent jumping power and swift running capability. The limbs end in claw-tipped paws of surprising size, giving Micha a soft, steady step. The unique physiology afforded to her by her feline physique makes her an adept and assured climber, equally at home in trees as on the ground. It also gives her exceptional senses, including sharp vision, acute hearing, and a keen sense of smell.

Equipment: Micha eschews heavy armor in favor of a set of light leather armor, including a vest, vambraces, and shin guards. Beneath the chest protection she wears a short-sleeved tunic of red fabric, while her legs are covered with white trousers. Under the tunic, about her neck, is a leather thong holding a supple skin bag containing mementos of a lost friend.

For weaponry, Micha has a trio of bolas: tough leather cords knotted together with weights at the end of each cord. The main cord is fitted with a heavy stone on each end, and a longer cord fitted with a lighter weight. They are designed to bind up an opponent, especially to entangle legs and trip. In use, the weapon is twirled and thrown, spinning while in flight, generally with the two heavier weights leading. Once the the main cord contacts the target’s legs, the lighter weight attached to the longer cord swings around, twisting around the point of contact by dint of the momentum of the throw. At range, without the option of her bolas, the Kissa utilizes a sling, and always carries a pouch of hand-picked riverstones hooked to her belt along with her bolas and chain.

Her main weapon is an eight-foot chain, a combination between the chain dart and the meteor hammer. One end of the chain is tipped with a long, metal dart meant to pierce and impale. The opposite end of the chain is surmounted by a sphere of solid metal about the size of Micha’s doubled fists, which is perfect for crushing or bashing strikes. It is an elegant weapon, able to strike hard and fast, often from surprising angles. It is also demanding to use, requiring a full commitment of Micha’s body, as it utilizes arms, legs, and even her torso as part of its use. Micha carries a dirk for close work, and as a holdout weapon. The blade is strapped to her left leg. Unlike her other gear it is not originally hers, but comes from a dear friend. If worse comes to worst, she does have training in unarmed hand-to-hand combat, though it is really a last resort choice. Micha also has the claws on her hind legs, which can be used to rake enemies, and she can administer a rather vicious bite.

Abilities: While Micha has no power that the average person might recognize as magic, the Kissa have certain abilities of perception beyond those of others. Kissa can faintly perceive spirits, both those of an elemental nature, as well as those of the dead. To those without the ability to see, it appears that Micha sometimes stares into open space, watching things that are not there.

However, Micha’s ability surpasses that of most normal Kissa. Her people refer to the ability as flame sight, or the Eyes of the Enkeli. The Enkeli have greater strength of perception than normal Kissa, and can even communicate with the spirits they perceive, leading many outsiders to think them insane. Micha’s powers are not so powerful as some Enkeli, but she can clearly perceive spirits, especially those of the dead. She can speak with them, though she is not powerful enough to hear what the spirits might say in return to her unless the spirits are rather powerful themselves.

Even though she has no magical ability, her powerful perception allows her to see currents of magic, meaning she can identify mages and those with magical powers, and even see when they gather their power to utilize it, though she won’t be able to identify what effect the patterns represent until she sees them two or three times. Combined with her acute senses of smell and hearing, Micha’s flame sight renders her particularly hard to fool with magical illusions or misdirection; she can generally identify or “see through” illusions by perceiving the threads of magic of which they are made.

History: Micha’s childhood was marred at the age of four by the death of her parents. Until their deaths, the small family had traveled the continent freely, with her parents taking odd jobs and living off the land. It all ended when the family traveled into a village wracked with slowfever. Her mother was hired to help care for the sick due to the overwhelming number of the afflicted. Unfortunately, like so many others in the village, she was infected by those she cared for, and her husband took ill as well. By the time the infection had burned itself out the town was decimated, and Micha was an orphan.

She was taken in by one of the local Kissa Ty (of the tiger branch) families, who made up the majority of the village, and Micha became fast friends with Kahana, the only daughter of her adopted parents. While the Kissa are not known for cruelty to outsiders, and are generally accepting of those of other branches, Micha was Kissa Mar (of the margay branch), very different from the tall, strong children of the Ty. As such, she was teased a great deal. Micha found comfort in the form of Kedron, one of the only children of the village besides Kahana who accepted her despite her differences.

Growing up, Kedron and Kahana were her closest friends, but that friendship was complicated. Both Kahana and Micha grew to love Kedron, and as a result their friendship became strained as they matured. The three were always together, the young women united in their love for Kedron, even if each wanted him for herself. They traveled together a great deal, roaming the countryside about Kedron and Kahana’s home village.

Yet, like Micha’s earlier life, tragedy brought an end to this period of her happiness. The trio had camped near a river, unaware of the Makis making its lair beneath the seemingly innocent surface of the river. Kahana was not in camp that morning, but Micha was ambushed by the Makis, a degenerate mockery of a normal Kissa. The beast would have killed her if not for Kedron. In the desperate struggle that followed Kedron was slain, though the Makis was also killed. Kahana returned to the camp hours later, finding Micha sobbing, holding Kedron’s body, curled up next to the corpse of the dead Makis.

Kedron’s final words drove Micha away, sending her fleeing from her homeland. West, always west, into the setting sun. The Kissa fled the horror of Kedron’s death, fled Kahana’s scorn, and tried to find a new beginning free from the phantoms of the past and the spirits that haunted her Enkeli sight.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
    7/31/2015 19:29:55   
    salene

Name: Usa Rīchi
    Element: Darkness
    Race: Onna

Appearance: Usa is a small shapeless ball of dark gas. She has thick, dirty black hair that drags on the ground behind her, and a large gray mask that covers her face. The mask is completely blank, save for two empty holes where her eyes should be. She seems to be wearing tattered, dirty, ripped up rags, but its very difficult to tell. She hovers a few inches from the ground, and seems to bob up and down when idle. The gas with which she is made of is hard to define, and seems to be constantly moving in different directions, as if pulling against itself. As you draw closer to her, you can faintly hear the sounds of battle, a great serpent moving against a mountain, and the screams of a long forgotten village. She smells of rotting fish, and when near her you begin to feel strangely calm. A single arrow sticks out from her forehead, wedged deep in her mask.

Personality: Usa is very calm, and while most people mistake her calmness for serenity, the sharp witted will notice a tinge of malice hidden behind her cool and composed demeanor. Usa is also very slow, both physically and in the way she acts. When communicating, she speaks in a very low, raspy voice that seems to echo in your head, even after the conversation has ended. Although none would describe Usa as loyal, she would never break a deal she has created with someone. That doesn't mean that she won't try and find loopholes though...

Abilities:
    None of Usa's abilities actually deal any damage. All of her spells and abilities grant buffs to heroes (or debuffs to enemy heroes) who have gained her favor/made a deal with her. She is completely reliant on others. Think of her as a support character more than anything.
    These abilities are only usable after bonding with someone:
    Heizu: Your opponent begins to think slower, and have a slight headache. This effect goes away after a few seconds, however Usa can choose to keep this ability going as long as she doesn't cast anymore spells.
    Kyōfu: Your opponent begins to become frightened of Usa, as well as Usa's host hero. As long as this effect last's, your opponents attacks will become slightly tentative, and your opponent will begin to feel unsure of themselves.
    Kon'nichiwa: Your host hero begins to fell slightly revitalized. This effect can heal minor cuts and bruises, as well as to make your host hero feel more awake and vigil.
    Surudoi me: The host hero temporarily see's through Usa's eyes. This effect can only be used with the consent of the host hero, and only lasts for a few seconds
    Mentaru: Usa temporarily gains one ability from her host hero. This effect can only be used with the consent of the host hero
    Usa can use this ability without having a host:
    Kiri: The shadow's around Usa temporarily darken, making Usa seems almost invisible. This ability only lasts for a few seconds, and can be dissipated fairly easily.
    Chōkoku shimasu: Usa's mask temporarily becomes extremely frightening, showing the enemy hero what they fear most.
    Usa can only use this ability WITHOUT a host:
    Suiron: After finding a potential host, this ability will make Usa seem harmless, and will allow Usa to speak in whatever language the potential host uses.

History: Not much is none of where Usa came from. Through years of gathering information, we have gathered that she comes from a far off land, ruled by a tyrant warlord named Xing Lao. After her family was killed in one of his sporting raids, she was released into the woods and hunted for sport. She hid in a moldy log for three days, until Xing himself found her crouched there, and shot her directly in the head with one of his arrows. Little is none of what happened after that, however, Xing disappeared a day later, only to be found crying alone in the woods that night. As his soldiers began helping him up, and he turned to face them, they realized his mouth was completely gone, torn off and discarded. He died a day later of unknown causes, his fortune going to an unknown adviser, who had only begun working at the palace three days before his death.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 13
    7/31/2015 20:07:36   
    Draysin

Name: Ywris, The Angel of Silence.

Element: Ice

Race: Elemental

Appearance: A clear, angelic, female figure made up of thousands of icy hedrons, cold to the touch. Large wings sprout from her back. Her face is expressionless, and unfeeling. Her eyes remain closed at all times and her hair floats like it’s suspended in water. Her body is constantly rippling with movement, as she evaluates her surroundings to optimize her performance in battle. If threatened, she may rip of her wings to optimize her speed and power, while lowering her defenses.

Abilities:

Wing Proficiency: The wings on her back can be used, not only for flight, but for up close melee combat, by using the sharp serrated feathers as cutting implements, and defensive combat, by wrapping her wings around her.

Hedron Control
    : She can control the shape, size, weight, density, and positioning of the hedrons that make up her body. She can even control them when she isn’t attached to them. While this may seem useless, it actually is her greatest asset. She can change her weight to boost strength, but this makes her to heavy to fly, while decreasing weight will make too fragile to sustain blows. Every change comes with a drawback.

Hedron sense: More of an drawback, than a actual ability, Ywris has no senses besides her hedrons. By feeling air currents, she can sense where objects and people are, roughly. Having one sense makes her very good at what she does, but bad at guessing where people are.

Personality: Cold, unfeeling and watchful. Nobody knows whether she cannot talk, or whether refuses to do so. All that interact with her describe her emotions as metallic. Shre refuses to interact with other unless it suits her, and, to our knowledge, cannot expirience emotions like happiness, love, or joy.
    Post #: 14
    7/31/2015 22:35:16   
    Ronin Of Dreams
    Still Watching...

Another four! At this rate this year's EC may hit my ideal goal for participation well before the final deadline. All it will take is for more applications to keep rolling in steady as they have been. Alas, I cannot get away with that comment alone though, so to the reviews!

@draketh99 - I know you and you know me, Sir DeDeDillo, and I say that because I promised to try and give my review of your summoner as unbiased an appraisal as possible. I even went so far as to get a consulting opinion from another, former Director of this tournament just to ensure a lack of bias. This year is even seeing me be rather lenient and forgiving, so none can say I'm not giving it a fair go.

That said, Summoners are a big problem. Always have been from a balance attempt standpoint, and for good reason, up to the point of Summoners being an auto-denial under other Directors. So, I will stop beating around the bush and get to the brass tacks. You have two active summons from the get-go, no downtime present. They can be killed in the sense of being impossible to summon again - a plus - but they are also permanent otherwise. You mention a sharing focus/splitting focus mechanic, but that's vague, particularly since you can also use that link to issue commands to beings that are akin to well-trained dogs. Well-trained dogs are scarily intelligent for a combat realm, more than enough so to be fully effective without further command in a vast wealth of situations.

Your character also has enough core competencies as a combatant have no reliance on his summons for either offense or defense. Fully functional even were both slain. Twice over, since for balance, I cannot assume you wouldn't choose the full restore aspect and have replacements if not the very same hellhounds re-summoned for the Finals if you managed that far. Compounding the issue even further is the minor ambiguity in the nature of the hellhounds. Made of bone...are they simply skeletal forms similar to a canine? Are they more or less resilient, as bone, than a normal dog? Thicker, thinner, no indication either way but that doesn't mean a hit wouldn't be contested. Not that being made entirely of bone and heat doesn't already complicate damaging them to a degree.

As a known quantity, I wanted to give you a fair shot at possibly redeeming the entire concept from its history of past Disqualifications and stretches of auto-declines. The submission just hits too many problem points, however, and it just cannot be accepted. What's worse is, because of the historical lack of balance, I have no idea what you could change to bring it into an acceptable line without potentially gutting a character you have obviously spent a fair amount of time envisioning to his current state.

@Kellehendros - Well, its always easy to tell the folks who have been around the block too many times. I've nothing to really say here. A balanced character with an interesting quirk that can give minor advantages over those that lack it, but nothing abusable nor too terribly useful outright. Combined with the...shall we say interesting?...writer's handicap of a flexible weapon type and its a character that shows promise while putting your veteran skills on an even playing field with less experienced blood. Okay, I guess I did have something to say, hah.

@salene - If I'm honest, I don't really see advancement potential for this character. She will, at best, very nearly brush up on the first EC specific rule regarding combat since she cannot initiate without a bonded host. At worst, she will easily cross into metagames reactions through her abilities as written since they lack a means of concrete apparent delivery. They just 'happen'. That might just be a case of trying to keep a description brief, but still. It seems like something out of a MOBA-style game more than a solo competitor I do not see the point of this type of character within the EC given the rules I have to enforce, but perhaps you have some idea I'm just not seeing. I won't deny the character if it is what you really want to play, but you will be extremely handicapping your chances at progression from how your character seems to function based on the biography.

Oh, and if I later find out it is some blatant ripoff of a MOBA character, I'll have to enact rule 5 of the main RP rules. Just a warning. A homage works, but I just don't play MOBAs to know offhand, and the copyright rule exists for its own reasons.

@Draysin - This is a character that screams of a unique take on the old thematic of angelic beings. I like it, because it is refreshing and looks interesting to see in action. However, Flight is historically a problem because of its potential for abuse, and alternative biologies can sometimes be difficult to evaluate. True, most Arenas have a ceiling height in some form, either physically like in Cellar or magically due to the crown protection elements, but it is still one of the abilities that will always make me pause in concern. Your character seems fine, balancing entirely around that being one of her only core attributes aside from the odd body structure. I'm willing to let it pass and give this character a shot, while also using this opportunity to remind others that this is one ability/attribute that will always be under scrutiny.
    AQ  Post #: 15
    7/31/2015 22:57:08   
    Draysin

So approved, then? I could change some rules about flying and the hedron mechanics. (Thanks for the design compliment bythe way.)

< Message edited by Draysin -- 7/31/2015 23:17:59 >
    Post #: 16
    7/31/2015 23:07:19   
    salene

Hmm, I tried to make it as different from Abathur as possible. If you want I can edit my character to both improve their play alone, and to make them even more different then Abathur. Im also completely fine with creating a totally new character, as I do have some ideas.

< Message edited by salene -- 7/31/2015 23:11:56 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 17
    7/31/2015 23:51:17   
    Ronin Of Dreams
    Still Watching...

@Draysin - Yes, approved. I haven't had a chance yet to edit the master list, sorry if my comment left you confused.

@salene - Again, didn't know the source or how close it was a homage or reference, just commented that it felt like a MOBA style support character. It sounds like you made efforts to avoid a direct rip, and according to your PM any such reference was actually entirely unintentional in any case, which is fine. Whether you want to run the character as he currently stands or want to post a revised version is up to you. It'll be listed as a Conditional Approval in the master list in the meantime. If you decide to change it up, just post a new version as per normal followup submission rules, if you would.
    AQ  Post #: 18
    7/31/2015 23:55:49   
    salene

Is there anyway that I could create a new character? I've looked more into Abathur, and the similarities are a little too large to overlook. I would have to almost completely recreate the character in order to make it different enough to be playable.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
    8/1/2015 0:09:45   
    Ronin Of Dreams
    Still Watching...

As long as you remember to do so via a new post, then yes you may! Go figure, I had just sent a PM to you to boot, having not realized with my edits of the master list that you had snuck in this question. My bad!
    AQ  Post #: 20
    8/1/2015 0:23:46   
    Draysin

I'll just go and tinker with the abilities some more. Should get the reavaluated one in by tommorrow.
    Post #: 21
    8/1/2015 0:24:12   
    salene

This has been a surprisingly funny series of PM's and Posts! I just PM'd you, but considering your newest post here, I suppose I'll come up with an entirely new character!
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 22
    8/1/2015 5:49:18   
    AsperStorm

First off I'll like to say that this has a few references to dragonfable such as the Rose and Doomwood so if these things aren't allowed let me know.

Name:Annabelle Hearts,Knight of Darkness.
    Element:Darkness
    Race:Vampwolf(A hybrid of a Vampire and Werewolf)

Appearance:Around 63 Inches and 115 lbs. She has long white hair . Her right eye are blood red and pale skin. She wears a light(as in weight light not element light)black and gold armor along with a red leather glove on her right hand and a brown mana glove on her right hand.
    Personality:Out of battle she's very friendly, is constantly smiling, a little reckless and always tries to get people to enjoy and have fun together regardless of species. In battle however she is a killer who will show no remorse for whoever she has to kill and does so strategically throwing aside her recklessness.

Fighting Style:She attacks head on and prefers to kill her enemies quickly so as not to make them suffer, she does however sometime lose control and knock them out before drinking their blood then killing them. She is a very agile fighter preferring to hit the opponent

Weapons:She wields two weapons a Sword named Runed Blade a gift by her mother and a Light-weight Scythe named Runed Claw a gift from her father, they can be materialized by using her magic so she doesn't constantly need to hold them. She also wears a mana glove which allows her to use magic without the need of a wand or staff.

Abilities:
    Super Strength and Agility:With both the blood of the werewolves and vampires in her this should be pretty obvious.
    Sword and Magic Mastery:No explanation needed.
    Blood Blast:A ball of dark power that explodes upon contact.
    Blood Shield: A magic shield that materializes blocking of attacks.
    Transformation:She can turn into a wolf and bat.
    Shadow Travel:She melt into a shadow and move around through it though it makes her very tired.
    Hypnosis:Yeah this doesn't work she says she can but really can't, I'm just putting this here for fun.

History:She was born when a vampire princess fell in love with a werewolf prince(cliche I know) but the moment her existence came to be known she was rejected by both species and only through the banishment of her parents from those parts of Doomwoods was she allowed into their areas. Overtime she slowly made friends with both the vampires and werewolves as they understood her predicament and was taught how to fight using the both of the powers that flowed though her blood mastering both Magic and Melee by her parents. After losing her vampire boyfriend to the bloody war between the two species when she was 14, she convinced the Queen and King to end the fighting after successfully defeating the strongest of their kinds proving to them that uniting them both was better. At the age of 16 when the Rose tried to destroy magic she lead the vampires and werewolves to victory ending them and succeeded with making peace between the creatures of Doomwoods and the humans followed by her parents finally being unbanishment and once again becoming royals of their respective species. Also Annabelle became a princess or more of werewolf vampire warrior princess that was loved by everyone of Doomwood even the people in AmityVale.

< Message edited by AsperStorm -- 8/1/2015 6:00:25 >
    Post #: 23
    8/1/2015 9:20:07   
    Draycos777

Ok, let's try doing this years EC :)

Name: Raiu

Element: Energy

Appearance: Raiu is dressed in a purple cloth shirt and knee-length skirt with two vertical lines down the sides . On her hands and feet are leather gloves and boots, while strapped to her waist is a leather pouch; covering her shoulders and back is a black and white, upper-arm length cloak. Raiu is 5'8 in height, and is slightly on the thin side, but appears healther then one would expect for a magician. Raiu sports short, messy(the ends are some-what spiked like a razor cut), light-brown hair and hazel eyes.

History:Raiu is a relative of Minus, the dark lightning sage, as well as her, "self-proclaimed", arch-rival. Believing that an element that imitates another can never be a strong as the original, Raiu trained in energy magic since the age of sixteen. She's tried besting her great-grand aunt two times now, failing at both attempts. Trailing after Minus, Raiu has been to many places, training along the way and growing stronger. However, she knows that it still isn't enough. Frustrated at this road block, Raiu decided to battle against skilled warriors of other elements. Raiu hopes that in fighting these warriors, in real combat and not in some fake tournament, will give her the push she needs to break through her wall. Raiu joined the Elemental Championship, fully aware of the risks, certain that she'll not only be able to prove herself to Minus and the Lord of Energy, but also to accomplish something monumental with the years of hard work she put into her training.

Abilities:

Lightning: Raiu's basic attack; a simple lightning bolt. Reaches about 20m before it disappears.

Chained Lightning Bolt: A stronger version of 'Linghtning', that jumpes from one opponent to the next as long as they are within 5m of eachother. Each jump diminishes the strength of the spell until it no long has the power to jump. The longer it is charged the stronger the attack is; amount of times it can jump is also increased. Has the same initial distance as Raiu's normal 'Lightning' spell.

Jupiter Thunder: A skill taken straight from Minus' book, reworked as an energy spell. A large ball of energy that takes time to charge, however, anyone that is caught in it's path is hurled like a mini electrical bomb. She normally tries to aim this at opponents that are standing in-front of groups, but perfect scenarios don't always happen in the mists of battle, so it is sometimes used a means of knocking back an opponent she sees coming for her; if all other options have failed. Travels for 30m before it discharges.

Odin's Hold: Raiu's crowd control spell. Shooting a blast of energy towards the ground, the spell goes to work immediately, sending out arching waves of energy looking to bind anyone and anything within a 5m radius of the origin point. The effect is amplified on those wearing metal or those who have water on them and degraded on those of the same element as Raiu and on the element of Earth.

Static Armor: Charging her clothes with an electrical current, anyone that comes in physical contact with Raiu will recivce a powerful shock. This is a more of a getaway skill then a defensive measure. It lasts for one use and is active of only one minute.

Staff Combat: If forced into a meele situation, Raiu can charge her metal staff, and use it as a blunt, energy weapon.

Overcharged Battery: An ability that only works while Raiu is in the middle of charging an attack. An energy spell aimed at Raiu can be used to fuel her own spells. However, she must be careful using this ability. Since a weak spell won't do anything at all for her and if she absorbs more power then her spell can handle, it can explode , causing her damge instead. Also, this ability as no effect on physical energy attacks.

Equipment: Raiu carries with her, a seven-foot metal staff. On the top of the staff is a metal loop, sticking straight up and connected to on either side of the loop are three rings.
    Within Raiu's leather pouch are small wooden balls filled with gunpowder and pieces of metal shrapnel. In the middle of fights, Raiu will toss these into groups of enemies and blow them up. The resulting explodsion sending the metal pieces flying randomly. Not only will being cut by the shrapnel cause bleeding, but her own spells can be amplified by the fragments of metal lodged in her opponents' bodies. There is a limited amount of wooden balls, due to the size of the pouch, so Raiu can only do this ten times. Also, the balls are pretty much useless if they hit the ground before she can blast them. Common sense also dictates that she sets thim off as far away from her as possible, because having to remove metal from flesh afterwards... is not nearly as fun as one would think.
    AQ  Post #: 24
    8/1/2015 11:21:02   
    Dragonnightwolf
    How We Roll Winner
    Apr/Jun/Aug15

Name: Lucius Snow
    Element: Ice
    Race: Human/supernatural

Apperance: 6 feet, weighing 182 LBS, Dark blue hair, dark blue eyes.
    Skin looks cold and pale, body appearance has a lot of muscularity. A dark blue lab coat that is usually open, with the sleeves torn off. The shirt is all white and feels cold if touched. The pants are dark loose blue jeans and the shoes are similar to Steel toed boots. Wears a mask over his face.

Personality: Cold, mostly unfriendly (unless the person is of the same element or close), demented.

Equipment: 14 liquid containers. 1 Machete. 2 Ice Katana strapped to back (think of Leonardo of the ninja turtles). 1 Crossbow with 15 bolts in quiver. 1 length of chain wrapped around the waist.

Abilities: Regeneration ( heals at 20% of damage given on a per turn basis) Super Strength (Maximum of super strength is that of lifting cars, ships, trucks, heavy boulders, etc).

Ice Abilities:

Ice to meet you: Lucius can turn the floors and walls surrounding him to a thick layer of ice by dropping 2 containers of water onto the structure and touching it. The range of the ice layer is 10-12 feet in length, will cause slipping/falling to opponents. Lucius is immune to this because of his elemental alliance.

Shattering Shellshock: By using 2 containers of water (or another water source) Lucius can cause an ice spear to form. When thrown above, it will explode and fall downwards as an area-shrapnel style of attack. The range of fallout damage is 20 feet in all directions surrounding Lucius.

Refreeze katanas: By using a single container of water (or other water source), Lucius is able to fix his ice katana, in the unlikely case that one breaks.

Ice shield: By tossing three containers (or using a water source) at his feet, Lucius is able to form an ice shield around himself that will take an amount of damage to protect him.

Cold Doom Bloom: By using at least 5 containers of water (or another water source) Lucius is able to create an area damage attack that can inflict massive damage to opponents within and outside of his immediate range. Note: This attack is only used in an emergency situation, as an example, if he was about to die. The range of the attack is 35 feet in length.
    Icy toss: By using a single unit of water(or other water source) Lucius is able to form a simple snowball made entirely of ice. The range of attack is that of how an average snowball would fly, with the exception that this is thicker and would likely travel faster than the average snowball.

Frozen Chain: A layer of ice encompasses the metal chain making the damage a little more potent. The length of the chain is 5 feet.

History: While exploring through the world of science, formerly known as Dr. Lucius Snow, the man came across a mixture that was chemically balanced to be the perfect substitute for a below freezing level compound. But while he was experimenting with the mixture, he made an accidental miscalculation causing a terrible explosion that damaged his face in the blast radius.

Ashamed to show his face in the public’s eye, Lucius hid his grotesque features from the world by wearing a mask. The damage has driven him to a demented mental state due to the injury and him being forced to hide his face. He called for some kind of help and an ice devil came to his summons. They made a bargain and he was given some supernatural abilities.

He heard of the Elemental Championships and the granting of a wish. He would desire immortality. His cold heart no longer cares about the outside world. They mocked him, bent him, broke him. He could not show his face without ridicule or people making fun of his misfortune.

AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - The Final Battle
    Page 1 of 912345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition