Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - Competitors Assemble

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - Competitors Assemble
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/5/2015 18:28:20   
Bastet

Hah, thanks Salene. I have a post in the works that I'll release tomorrow.
Post #: 126
9/5/2015 22:35:57   
deathlord45

This was a fun event. Can't wait for next year have a few character concepts that I'm already working on for the next competition. Good game everyone from Fountain and good luck to the Chosen.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 127
9/6/2015 3:10:40   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

I've been asked. Ergo, dimensions. At 3 AM, so I'll be a touch brief.

The Grand Arena is a touch larger than the Paragon Arenas. From the geometric center, the boundary wall is 80 feet away in any direction. That's a radius of 24.38 meters or 26.67 yards for those preferring other measures of the radius. The Pillars themselves are, from the geometric center, arranged 60 feet away (18.22 meters or 20 yards) and placed equidistant from each others. In an effort to shake things up, this year the Pillar of Wind has manifested at cardinal north, and the introduction of the Finalists also serves as a listing of their positions moving clockwise if looking down at the arena from an aerial view. This was mentioned in response to an earlier question, but I figure it is worth repeating.

Feel free to send any other questions my way here, via PM, or via IRC. I'll probably mention the answer via a post here as well as directly if asked elsewhere, if it is something relevant to everyone else.
AQ  Post #: 128
9/7/2015 0:03:41   
Apocalypse

@Bastet: Just an FYI that Lucia will be referring to S.O.N.A.R. as "Sonar" because there's no way for her to know that's an acronym. That is all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 129
9/7/2015 3:42:50   
Bastet

That's alright, Apocalypse. Lucia has indeed no way of knowing it's an acronym.
Post #: 130
9/7/2015 19:00:25   
Tdub

Shoutout to George Gascoigne for writing the wonderful sonnet from which Zane's quote was taken.

And let's begin!
Post #: 131
9/7/2015 19:07:51   
Apocalypse

Has anyone else noticed that every element's polar opposite came from the other arena?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 132
9/7/2015 20:48:19   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

My post is up. I discussed some details with both DNW and UPP, and they have approved of relevant portions of the post.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 133
9/7/2015 20:54:14   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

20:18 Micha: Alright, so how about this?
20:19 Micha: I'm going to throw the stone anyways. We'll say that, for purposes of timing, Micha throws it a bit late, about when Dell starts speaking.
20:20 Micha: As a result, they're both a bit surprised, and it throws Dell's aim on the second shot off a bit?
20:21 Dnw|Semisick: sounds good to me :)
20:22 Micha: alright
20:24 Micha: I'm thinking a hit to Dell's right arm or shoulder. A glancing blow would probably be enough to throw the aim off
20:25 Micha: Even without doing a great deal of damage
20:25 Micha: a solid hit would probably leave the arm numb
20:25 Dnw|Semisick: sounds good to me.
20:26 Dnw|Semisick: Ironically, that was the shoulder in the previous battle that got mangled the most XD
20:27 Micha: I'll note in my post that the stone hits and throws his aim off. I'll be vague so you can detail damage.
20:28 Dnw|Semisick: all righty :)

Here is the proof that presented itself. We were able to happily discuss the situation and I was more than happy to listen to Kell's overall explanation of what the sitch was and all. So I was like, Yeah I'm cool with that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 134
9/7/2015 23:53:39   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

An edit was made to DNW's post to account for a mistake made. As I dislike edits even more so in finals, I did the editing myself for assurances sake.

No harm has occurred, just a potential problem being nipped in the bud. All is well. Carry on.
AQ  Post #: 135
9/8/2015 0:01:37   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Just a reminder. I'm going to be unavailable from like 9 am to 5 pm or later my time on wednesday due to college.

Ditto on monday/weds.
AQW Epic  Post #: 136
9/8/2015 13:33:31   
Apocalypse

@Rayen: Aww, Shud, Lucia was challenging both of you! No need to feel ignored!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 137
9/8/2015 15:51:36   
Rayen
Constructively Discussional!

@Apoc: Sh-she broke the poor man's heart! He's just a gentle giant (with extremely violent tendencies towards non-family members).
AQ DF  Post #: 138
9/9/2015 13:22:01   
Apocalypse

@Rayen: Yeah, a giant with FISTS THE SIZE OF BABIES.

I have a post-written, but I need to edit it. I'll do that in a bit and hopefully have it up by 5.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 139
9/9/2015 16:10:10   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Bastet! Your last post was similarly on 9/6/2015 at 16:06:04 server time. This meant your deadline for posting has elapsed according to the rules laid out fir the Finals phase. You have been disqualified by Rule #3: Idle Out.

Since there has been an Idle out, no one will be Cut tomorrow night. Cuts will remain on schedule.
AQ  Post #: 140
9/9/2015 17:51:12   
Apocalypse

Posted, and collab-ed with Rayen for the interaction between Shud and Lucia.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 141
9/9/2015 20:55:09   
Tdub

I meant to have a post up yesterday, but real life interrupted in a big way. I haven't had time to hop on IRC, so I'm saying here that I will be posting tomorrow, well before my Idle timer expires. Just letting everybody know in advance!
Post #: 142
9/9/2015 20:59:56   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Good, we already have one DQer, I'd hate to have a second one :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 143
9/9/2015 21:19:45   
  Starflame13

I have my post up as well! Let me just say I know absolutely nothing about shotguns, so if my representation of the scattered ice/shot is a bit off, my apologies! Otherwise, I don't think Elysia wants to go near any of the elemental pillars ever again xD
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 144
9/9/2015 21:20:56   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

If the rest don't mind, I'd like to call dibs on finishing the golem please. Considering myself and Lucia had such a go with the construct during spike arena.

I'm intending my next post here to be able to take him out (how?) By way of long range gunshots.

smack into it's own pillar, kaswoosh. you get the idea.

AQW Epic  Post #: 145
9/9/2015 21:52:14   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

We're talking about it on IRC rightnow, but it would appear that Kell will get the kill simply because his char is unoccupied with direct combat.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 146
9/10/2015 0:46:58   
  Starflame13

Question: Does S.O.N.A.R's death/destruction mean that the gate behind the wind pillar is now open?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 147
9/10/2015 1:48:43   
Bastet

Sigh... Sorry, everyone. I couldn't get my post done quickly enough, but I hope the rest of you have an awesome time.
Post #: 148
9/10/2015 12:26:02   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Yes, but only meant for the Chosen of Wind. Blossom could run out through one, but any other Paragon attempting to do so is a sign of Surrender.
AQ  Post #: 149
9/10/2015 13:35:29   
Tdub

I'm somewhat unsatisfied with how this post turned out, but I can't do anything about it. Ultra, I'll be on IRC in about three hours for a short amount of time, if you have any questions. Long story short, Zane is diving toward John's stomach, hoping to bring the fight to you. This is a close-range assault, so collaboration will probably be necessary for you to complete your post. Like I said, ai'll be on IRC in three hours. If you can't wait that long, shoot me a PM.
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - Competitors Assemble
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition