Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - Competitors Assemble

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - Competitors Assemble
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/11/2015 14:54:57   
  Starflame13

So we had another debate in IRC about location today :p I know some people are making their own maps, but just in case, here's a map of the arena (NOT TO SCALE) that I made in GoogleDocs. It's not perfect, but I find it helps me to get basic directions. You're not required to use it (though if you see I put you in the wrong spot, you can comment in the doc for me to fix in case other people want to use it). Hopefully it'll be helpful!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 151
9/11/2015 15:29:58   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

@Starflame I left a comment in the google doc indicating my new position. Feel free to move the piece since it won't let us :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 152
9/11/2015 19:58:54   
Draycos777

I'm sorry dnw, but gosh is Dell the biggest hypocrite. Wasn't he one of the first that tried to take out S.O.N.A.R back in Spike? Even if he didn't plan on totally destroying it, he was fighting along side someone who, more than likely, was.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 9/11/2015 19:59:12 >
AQ  Post #: 153
9/11/2015 23:40:41   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

As I recall, you still need to post an exit Draycos777.

AQW Epic  Post #: 154
9/11/2015 23:45:59   
  Starflame13

Exit posts aren't required, Dnw ^^ Some people do them, some don't. Either way, people may be wanting to focus on how the final battle turns out before deciding what their plans are for their characters, either in this year or others.

Edit: And my post is up! I will inform Ronin, but to let everyone know, I will most likely not be online Sunday evening, due to a religious holiday. This should not affect my own posting (I'll be back well before idle out time), but might make it harder to reach me in chat. If you need to ask about Elysia, shoot me a PM through the forums.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 9/12/2015 11:46:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 155
9/12/2015 22:32:57   
Tdub

My post will be coming within the next few hours. I've had a busy afternoon and have been unable to hop on IRC, but I'm definitely posting tonight.
Post #: 156
9/12/2015 23:29:13   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Just a reminder folks. The next cut, and technically the first actual cut, will be tomorrow, September 13, at 20:00 server time (or 8:00 PM). Or as near to that as I can manage, given RL concerns. Possibly as late as 21:00 / 9:00 PM knowing what I have going on.
AQ  Post #: 157
9/12/2015 23:55:54   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

And now the fear sets in.
AQW Epic  Post #: 158
9/13/2015 12:00:15   
Tdub

Forgot to say so last night, but ALL actions in my latest post were discussed and approved of by myself and Ultrapowerpie, and he can confirm so himself. He will also be posting the fight from John's perspective.
Post #: 159
9/13/2015 14:12:55   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Yes, we did so, so there's no bunnying going on here. Strictly collab :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 160
9/13/2015 16:17:23   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I have a draft finished, and I hope to have it up before the cut comes in. Need to duck out for a couple of errands, then I'll be back to edit and finalize.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 161
9/13/2015 21:21:56   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Tonight is the night. A Cut night. And, as predicted, my evening engagement delayed me just a bit but not overmuch before managing to post and inform you all of your fates.

As the first official Cut for this particular Elemental Championships, normally I would have a tough decision to make based on a lack of new efforts by the competitors. The idle, as unfortunate as it was, alleviated that aspect of the early cuts nicely. With more posts came the opportunity for each of you to develop your Finals presence, and give me far more information and writing to critique in order to make my decision. While I could have based some of my decision based on your Paragon Phase performances, I prefer not to need to do so. A fresh start, as it were, that lets any issues from Paragon circumstances by forgiven or overlooked. (Often these occur due to Idles in that phase, but not always, as we saw in Spike.)

Even with this fresh start, I'm afraid the first cut has come under rather clear circumstances. Further cuts will likely pose a great deal of welcome difficulty by comparison. DNW, it has been a pleasure working with you, and it has been enjoyable seeing your game as you stepped into the realm of the Grand Arena of the Finals for the first time. Sadly, that time has come to a conclusion, as you are the competitor being cut this evening.

Now, unlike prior years, the Pillars do not suddenly become some dormant edifice of their glory. There are no palpable signs from the Eight in that regard for what has occurred. Dell will know at the level of self-awareness that the grace of Ice has been withdrawn from him, and the gate he had originally entered from will open. The choice, however, is yours. Since this is the first Cut, I shall elaborate on your options. You may Submit to the Will of the Arena and exit the stage, or you may Surrender to the Fate of the Arena and allow for one of your opponents to slay Dell in a collaborative manner with your input if he feels there is no path forward from such defeat, or you may make one single attack by choosing the Spite option. Should you choose Spite, your character's fate is placed entirely in the hands of others, with no allowances for requested killing blows. I do not guarantee the effectiveness of a Spite attack, but I ask any competitor targeted by such to treat it with some additional seriousness and gravitas.

To the rest, any among you may include the following flavor bit within your post, if appropriate for your character to notice and within the appropriate timeframe. You score no points for this, but I feel it better than a post from myself that otherwise holds very little.

quote:

Amidst the stands, the chanters turned as one to place their backs to the arena floor. Facing the audience, the began to intone in somber harmony. "We stand witness as the graces of Ice is withdrawn. By the Will of the Arena, it is clear that it is not the stranger's time. So to, do we here assembled, stand in witness for his choice and honor his last moments upon the sands."
AQ  Post #: 162
9/13/2015 23:17:23   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Well, that's it for my story folks.

Been a pleasure writing along side you.

Somebody make a new role-play so I'll have something other than Algebra homework to do in the future here.

AQW Epic  Post #: 163
9/14/2015 20:55:13   
  Starflame13

And posted! I did discuss with Rayen and get permission for Shud to glare Elysia away from his fight.

Also, for those not familiar with horses, a frog is this triangle that's on the underside of a horses hoof. Hooves are kinda like human fingernails, so the equivalent to an ice bullet to the frog would be like trying to pry your nails off with a pocket knife (don't do that).
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 164
9/14/2015 21:00:05   
Tdub

Life complications put my post tomorrow, a little after noon server time. Sorry, but it really can't be helped!
Post #: 165
9/14/2015 23:00:36   
Apocalypse

Have a post, but want to proofread it tomorrow and post it then.

EDIT: And post is live! Kind of...sort of. It's there, check it out or something.

< Message edited by Apocalypse -- 9/15/2015 16:48:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 166
9/15/2015 22:39:19   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Tomorrow marks the next Cut. It will likely be around 10:00 PM / 22:00 given I will be at a small bachelor party. However, if that party concludes early, it will be at the original 8:00 PM / 20:00 timeframe.

*All times are based on Server Time.
AQ  Post #: 167
9/16/2015 22:10:37   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Some years are better than others. By which, I will point out, I mean in terms of overall skill and competitiveness rather than any ease for my job. I prefer my tasks to be difficult and onerous and dreadfully hard to balance out strengths/weaknesses over the long view than to have a series of straightforward choices to make.

This is, at this point, one of the better years. That said, in order for the competition to move along, a Cut needs to be made. And I'm torn, which is a good thing in theory but still something I can internally be frustrated over. Who am I kidding, though? I enjoy being put in the position of having to make the Hard Choices sometimes.

This year has a wealth of new blood talent mixed with some old competitive souls, and that has made for quite the fun little foray of interesting twists and balances. A mix of styles, certainly, but the aspect of coping with another's style while maintaining one's own native trappings is a consideration in this grand game we call the Elemental Championships. Tdub, it has been an absolute wonder to have you back, and I have enjoyed seeing Zane this year. I hope to see you back next year, certainly, but the luck of the draw seems to have been against you.

Same deal as before, ladies and gents, to whomever wishes to add the following in:

quote:

Amidst the stands, the chanters raised their arms as one towards the heavens, knowledge filling them with certainty. Facing the audience, the began to intone in somber harmony. "We stand witness as the graces of Darkness is withdrawn. By the Will of the Arena, Zane is cast back into the shadows, from whence he may strike unseen across the world once more."

AQ  Post #: 168
9/17/2015 9:56:40   
Tdub

It's been a great year and an honor working with all of you. My exit will be up tonight, and I'm looking forward to reading the remainder of the competition!
Post #: 169
9/19/2015 23:15:34   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

When I have to make a decision that I don't like, then we have the signs of tight decisions. Once again, this is a decision I don't necessarily like, but it is the decision boiled down to after careful evaluations and balancing the weights of various factors between the writers of this year.

Rayen, it has been a blessing to work with you. I sincerely hope to see you return next year!

Same deal as before, ladies and gents, to whomever wishes to add the following in:

quote:

As one, the chanters lower both their arms and their heads. Over the passage of the competition on the sands below, they seem to grow ever more refrained, their voices tinged with a despair that all things must end. "We stand witness...as the very Earth beneath our feet withdraws its support. The Will of the Arena has been made, the sands shift the destiny of Shud away from the arena. We shall witness his choice, and herald his tale for the year to come as Paragon most adamant."

AQ  Post #: 170
9/20/2015 13:51:25   
Rayen
Constructively Discussional!

This has certainly been a lot of fun, so many thanks to all those who took part this year and good luck to the Final (Fantastic, Fabulous, Frenetic, etc.) Four! I very much look forward to following the rest of the event and seeing who is crowned champion. In the spirit of unbroken allegiances, I'll say "Go Elysia!" :D

Next year is sure to be a [thistrulyisnotaspoiler]blast[/stillisn't], so you'll definitely see me again ^_^
AQ DF  Post #: 171
9/20/2015 17:03:34   
Apocalypse

FYI: I have a draft written and will be editing it/posting it either tonight or tomorrow morning.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 172
9/20/2015 21:51:26   
  Starflame13

Thank you, Rayen! Sad to see Shud leave, but can't wait to see what we both come up with for next year when we have a bit more experience xD

Also, I ok'd the "throw the bucket" maneuver with Moogle, so don't be surprised to see John pull out some fancy schmancy daredevil stunt to rescue it :P

Edit: I'll let people know in the IRC channel, but I will not be online/available from late Tuesday evening until early Wednesday. You can PM me if needed, but I probably won't respond unless its an emergency.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 9/21/2015 7:34:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 173
9/21/2015 8:49:45   
Apocalypse

FYI: Post was collab-ed with Rayen's approval and what-not.

Also, bring it on, furball.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 174
9/21/2015 21:40:07   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

The post is up.

Also, if Micha is a furball, Lucia is a nearly hairless freak. :p

Exotic and unusual are all about where you're standing, after all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - Competitors Assemble
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition