Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - Competitors Assemble

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - Competitors Assemble
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/22/2015 19:13:54   
Apocalypse

Furball count is up from one to two.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 176
9/22/2015 21:46:38   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Irony. We had the fierceness of Dell Wolf. Now we have the Ferociousness of Lucia Wolf :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 177
9/22/2015 22:14:57   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Aces up sleeves are being played. Alas, the Cut is a trump as it stands...but no, not for Lucia.

Many years see many different stylings, and those stylings offer fresh looks at presentation and at showcasing different writing strengths. These strengths often give an edge over more tried-and-true methods, at least initially, but once their newness fades the weaknesses of new styles are easier to determine. I must say, I rather enjoyed the posts of Ultrapowerpie. Not that his innate comedy-infused style is all that new per-se, but he did take it in a slightly new direction during this year's portrayal of John the Janitor. Sadly, it is not quite enough to make the final three this year. Moogle, it has been a pleasure, but John's time in the spotlight is now over.

For the Final Three, you have an extended period to lay it all on the line. In part because of real world responsibilities, and in part an interest in seeing just how far certain folks can push their limits, there will be a five day period before final deliberations will commence. As of 20:00 / 8 PM on Sunday, new further posts will be considered, and I will begin my final evaluations to determine the Champion. Choosing from the Final Three is never a simple process, and while a midnight announcement will be something I will strive for, it could be as late as Monday evening for an announcement to occur. In part because I pour over every post all over again for each of the remaining competitors, and update my notes with only them in mind rather than the full field. I take what I do seriously, so I apologize in advance if the delay causes anxiety.

May the ironically All Female Final Three commence!

Note: Flavor bit will be incoming soon for the IC aspect regarding the Cut. Juggling a few things with family atm.
AQ  Post #: 178
9/22/2015 22:24:05   
Apocalypse

FEMME FATALE FINAL THREE!

Also, Ultrapowerpie, I bid farewell to my last cospirator from Spike. Hope you had as much fun as I did, and I can't wait to see what you bring next year.

EDIT: Latest post had collaboration with the wonderful Kell.

< Message edited by Apocalypse -- 9/22/2015 22:35:35 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 179
9/22/2015 22:49:26   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

I talked with Ferret, the current post is fine as is, the outro post will come after Star has posted.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 180
9/22/2015 23:15:46   
  Starflame13

I'll get a post up late today, Moogle, and then probably be gone most of tomorrow.

Since there's no flavor text, I'll just post without knowing John's been eliminated, meaning you may have one last lightning bolt to dodge :p
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 181
9/24/2015 0:05:34   
Apocalypse

Ay, this post is being a pain in the butt. I'm gonna try to get it up tomorrow morning, but it's being rather fickle and difficult now.

EDIT: Post delayed until tonight. Hopefully up before six server time.

< Message edited by Apocalypse -- 9/24/2015 10:12:33 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 182
9/24/2015 14:52:24   
Ultrapowerpie

I'm a posting, it's been fun...

*plots for next year*
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 183
9/26/2015 16:47:30   
Apocalypse

Posted. Might be my last one, might not.

@Starflame: Lucia is a little less-than graceful in her approach. Dizzy, but steady to get there (eventually).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 184
9/26/2015 22:49:55   
  Starflame13

And posted! If Apoc gets another I'll try for one more. Let's see if we can shock Lucia back to her senses, shall we?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 185
9/27/2015 10:45:22   
Apocalypse

Not gonna have time to post today, so it looks like this is it. It's been a pleasure.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 186
9/27/2015 17:34:50   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Surprise post up, thanks to getting back earlier than expected.

As a reference for the curious, a kiai is a focusing shout or cry used by a lot of Japanese martial arts. The premise behind the idea is that it focuses mind and body on the blow for increased effect. Also, it may be intimating. Then again, hard to intimidate an opponent that can't hear your terrifying shout. Thanks for that one, Elysia.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 187
9/27/2015 23:26:29   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

The deliberations have been over for awhile know, and as per tradition I've actually been talking with the Final 3 for...actually for a few hours now.

The verdict is official. Welcome to the Champion club, Apoc!

Resolutions will be forthcoming, but for tonight at least, everyone will be getting their rest.
AQ  Post #: 188
9/27/2015 23:28:39   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I, for one, welcome our new Apocalyptic (Alpaca-lyptic?) Champion.

Congratulations on a victory well-earned!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 189
9/27/2015 23:31:35   
Apocalypse

Everyone, I just want to thank you for a fun tournament of fighting and blood (and humor, in some cases). Beyond that, I really don't know what to say.

Thank you, one and all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 190
9/27/2015 23:31:53   
  Starflame13

Congratz to Apoc and to Kell! I've learned so much from you both and from the others of the group.

Needless to say, Blossom will be retiring after this :p Just goes to show that even if you have no clue what you're doing and are a complete rookie to forum RPs, you should still be willing to give new things a try!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 191
9/28/2015 1:07:24   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

It is now officially time for me to scream in surprise.

OH! LUCIA HAS WON YAY! :D

In real regards though, all three contestants did exceptionally well and I'm very proud of all of you.

I've taken a few pages (gunfighter wise) from Apoc and look where it got me.

And with the delegations of the EC almost over save for the crowning achievement itself. I would like to welcome you one and all to next years EC. I'll not only hope to see you there, but I'll likely be a participant myself.

AQW Epic  Post #: 192
9/28/2015 7:25:17   
Tdub

Congratulations, Apoc! It's been a great year, and I hope to compete with you all again next year!
Post #: 193
9/28/2015 12:34:44   
Ultrapowerpie

Hurray :D

Let's celebrate with cheese and root beer
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 194
9/28/2015 19:40:32   
Draysin

Ooooooohhhh, I'm back from the dead!

CONGRATS APOC! Guess you could say the scrawny underdog won? (Get it? Because Lucia is scrawny, and a werewolf? Shut up! It's funny!)

Well I neeed to get back to wrighting my RPA entry and getting Ravinia out of the arena, and stop watching Netflix! Ronin, was there any signal that the finals had started in the fountain arena?
Post #: 195
9/28/2015 20:24:18   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

@Draysin, Yeah when the contestants disappear…oh. I forgot Fountain arena didn't have any winners this year. You'd probably see the crowds leaving maybe?

Also welcome back Draysin.
AQW Epic  Post #: 196
9/28/2015 20:34:42   
Draysin

Yess I am back! From the dead!

But, how do the crowds know when the finals start? And more importantly, the contestants? I don't want to walk into a battlefield!
Post #: 197
9/28/2015 23:55:12   
  Starflame13

Draysin, at a guess, there would be some light show in the sky above Fountain, with none of the lights going to the fighters as none were chosen. That would act as both a signal to the crowds that the final arena was beginning, and that those in Fountain could depart the fight if they so chose.

In other news, I'll be going on an trip to an Astronomy this weekend. It's a "quiet zone", meaning we aren't allowed to bring in outside electronics. So hopefully we'll have some of the posts of the closing up by then, because from Friday to Saturday evening I'll be completely out of contact!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 198
9/30/2015 0:23:40   
Draysin

Thanks Starflame! As Ronin hasn't come and corrected anybody, guess I'll take that as "canon". Good luck on your trip this weekend! I'll probably get started on my post tommorrow or this Friday.
Post #: 199
9/30/2015 20:11:41   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Took a bit of time off, myself, once I made the Announcement. My apologies for missing the query, Draysin. Fountain didn't get any particular 'signal' post for two reasons: 1) No one in Fountain was Chosen as a Paragon this year, so there were no sprite effects within that arena. & 2) Time involved. Making everything as customized as possible takes a fair amount of time and I never went back to do it because it was lost in the juggle of note taking and such.

There is a time delay between the spite capture choosing trigger and the actual Finals themselves. Roughly about 30 minutes or so, give or take, between Paragons being Chosen and the kickoff announcement over in the Grand Arenas for Finals. This gives time for the crowd to filter over and take their seats for the Finals to occur. As for Fountain itself, the lightning strikes would cease and the spire would stop turning about the same time as the Choosing happens in the other Paragon arenas.

You don't have to post to get Ravinia out on salene's behalf, but do feel free. She will be removed from the arena itself by staff, the Arenas are dangerous after all so non-contestants aren't allowed on the field save the circumstances of a death vigil, but you can 'collect' her from one of the gateways and take over from there. Its just staff, so no need to ask for control of the staff, its yours for that purpose.
AQ  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2015= OOC - Competitors Assemble
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition