Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Sword balance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Sword balance
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/31/2015 18:55:14   
Mother1

Originally swords were made to give extra stats in exchange for giving up certain moves in the process. For a while this has been the case. However due to the massive balance changes and the removal of class weapons from certain moves the drawback to using swords is almost nonexistent with most classes. So much so that these items are now out of balance and are completely outclassing their primary weapon counterparts.

So my idea would be to take away one of the following from swords.

1) the extra stats swords give

or

2) the extra damage they give.

Feel free to give any ideas on the subject if you like.
Epic  Post #: 1
7/31/2015 19:31:38   
DELTA BEING

why not buff the class weapons instead of nerfing the swords?
Epic  Post #: 2
7/31/2015 20:01:40   
kittycat

Remove the extra damage.
AQ MQ  Post #: 3
8/1/2015 3:24:30   
Camoflague MerC

No weapon requirements for skills, what a brainless mechanic to have in a PvP game, make primary weapon stats and damage the same as swords, done.
Epic  Post #: 4
8/1/2015 4:11:28   
Lord Machaar

I agree with @Delta Being, I think they should increase stats or damage given by class's specific weapon. The reason why I prefer this, working the other way around and nerfing swords, will mean most builds that currently work with swords will get nerfed, whether they are doing good or not. Buffing staffs, claws and clubs means all builds who count on them will be buffed directly leaving other type of builds intact, then ofcourse there is balance to sort things out if some build(s) outperform(s) others.

I do however believe that swords should maintain a slight edge otherwise they will become useless.

There is also another way to fix this, making some skills work with swords only, and giving claws/staffs/clubs same stats/damage as swords, this will prevent swords from going totally useless.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 8/1/2015 4:26:23 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 5
8/1/2015 4:33:49   
Camoflague MerC

What was the point of Swords in the first place anyway? If you use a Sword sure you get some extra stats and slightly more damage but you can't use some of your class skills, most players will take the extra stats and damage and make a build around the skills you CAN use with swords because its statistically superior to anyone using their class weapons, why would you ever try and limit the creativity and variety of builds and play-styles especially in a turn based strategy PvP game of all things? No other game i can think of has such a succinct advantage for one weapon type over the other.

Swords should be a purely cosmetic choice.
Epic  Post #: 6
8/1/2015 5:33:54   
RageSoul

This problem between swords and class specific weapons exists because of lack of actual variety of options from weapons for them to be used in various ways like proper stat placement (back then , swords restrict skill usage but has better stat placement / distrbution ) , lack of conditional bonuses ( suggested ex. swords do more damage but class-specified weapons give more stats or something ) , no special interactions between classes and the weapons ( suggested ex. BHs do more damage when using Massacre and Cheap Shot than CHs ) , etc .
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/1/2015 6:05:07   
King Bling

quote:

I do however believe that swords should maintain a slight edge otherwise they will become useless.

Absolutely correct, if the primary weapons are buffed to make them equivalent as sword or vica versa, then what use will swords be at all?
This implementation will be like making primary weapons = swords + all skills usable.
Post #: 8
8/1/2015 14:17:16   
  Exploding Penguin

The problem happened when they made crutch skills like ones involving energy require class-specific weapons, then made swords able to use them so there were barely any skills which needed the class-specifics and if there were they were very easy to ignore.

If they just make more skills require class-specifics but aren't crutch skills so that there is yet again a reason to use the class-specifics then that would probably fix the problem. Probably a good time to fix overlapping skills by addressing new ones to work in such a way.
Epic  Post #: 9
8/1/2015 18:28:40   
nowras

I think they should make a new promo with mutating weapons that have +30 damage
And another one with +2 on all stats and another one with +1 str/dex/tech/sup and +15 damage

< Message edited by nowras -- 8/1/2015 18:29:14 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/4/2015 18:59:38   
.Lord Ginger.

You know...When massacre, plasma bolt, maul, and firebolt were good skills... Or you can just double the passive?
4% lucky strike-2 for blades but make stats n dmg the same. Atleast make stats same, not necessarily dmg. I miss my blades with 11 on dex and tech and mjolnir with 5 dex, 10 tech and 10 supp for a level 25...We're level 40 and the stats for mjolnir are better than any maul/blade/staff now. Hell, Caden's Wraith was +28 or +24 at level 28... I'd love to have +28 tech with 1 wep. -.-

HONESTLY, remove the endless energy loop crap (static grenade, battery, static smash, parasite) and take them away. I'd rather y'all remove actives, cuz honestly... this energy looping garbage kills high energy builds and the fun. I love battles that everytime my TM opponent does battery, I do static, then they assim, then I robot, then they heal, then I aux, etc....STR doesn't work with class weps because tanks are freaking ridiculous(and all recent str nerfs kill strength builds. But seriously, add back the normal stats that used to be there so you could do 45 everything and like +65 strength 45 tech, 50 dex and 15 supp

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 8/4/2015 19:03:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/10/2015 19:47:39   
Variation

I believe class specific primaries should offer the same amount of stats swords do. Consequences resulting in damage negation don't bother me nearly as much as consequences resulting in stat negation because I chose to battle with my class specific weapon. The fact so much experienced players prefer using swords on ALL classes in general offers a great approximation to the value of a class specific primary. That being said swords should keep a slight advantage (the +10 damage boost) because swords do place a limit on the skills a class can use and class specific primaries should get +5 more stats than what they currently offer.

The reason why I would choose to give class specific primaries the same amount of accessible stats as swords is because of the versatility that even 5 extra stats offer. Sometimes even a few stat points can make or break the success of a build. No class should lose out on stat points/(build potential in relation to raw stat points) for choosing to use a class specific primary.

< Message edited by Variation -- 8/10/2015 20:07:58 >
Post #: 12
8/10/2015 20:16:02   
.Lord Ginger.

^^^ Genius ^^^
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Sword balance
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition