Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 26 of 30«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/31/2016 23:24:42   
orc orc orc

quote:

MAKING THE KEEPERS RANDOM WAS A BAD IDEA.

I second this. The notion of RNG adding 'challenge' just baffles me. There's no incentive for me to finish the Frostval release when the first quest is completely luck-based. While some may complete it in one try, others, such as myself, would take much more time. I'm not against RNG if it is used for bonus stuff i.e. cosmetic items, but when it's the crux of a release, that's when it crosses the line for me. The release feels unnecessarily padded as a result and I would prefer legitimate challenge instead. While it is true the dungeons require no keys, they are lengthy and repetitive. Making them luck-based does not help. If anything, it can worsen the monotony like rubbing salt to a wound.

The Mogloween release did it right when it comes to the quest chain, but it too had a similar problem regarding RNG. The Intact Pumpkin is not a guaranteed drop. Even though it has a high drop rate, there's still a good chance to miss it. In addition, the Epic Spectral Wing dungeon offered no other rewards besides Pumpkin Seeds. An Intact Pumpkin not dropping pretty much meant a wasted run. (Since it is easy to cap the seeds) Aren't Epic Dungeons and Epic Items supposed to be challenging AND rewarding? The chance to get nothing after all the hassle just defeats their point, in my opinion.

The only instances I see where RNG can be rewarding are bonus stuff like cosmetic items, like I said before. Gold and potions could also work so long as there are more efficient, non luck-reliant methods for them. I do like the use of RNG for the Dricken Hat in Shadowskull Tower and the treasure chest items in the Pre-Beta Umbral Caves. Summing up, I believe luck should be an extra and passive thing, not a direct requirement of quest chains, dungeons, and farming gear.

As for the Acevorah release, NEVER AGAIN! 10 minute respawn rate + RNG is just overkill.

< Message edited by orc orc orc -- 12/31/2016 23:37:06 >
Post #: 626
1/1/2017 4:03:40   
megakyle777

I just figured to add to this, I beleive the idea behind it is that the Frost Labriyth is supposed to have magical protection that protects it and has the labrityh ever changing.

SO USE THAT.

Make some wall moves.
make it a ACUAL LABRIYTH, with twists, turns and cool bits.
Have the bosses in placed sections so you know where they are roughly, but have the secions of the labriyth changing (BUT WITH A PATH TO EACH BVOSS ALWAYS THERE) so you have to think your way to each boss each time.
Hell, you can even use the limitations of the game to your advantage in this way. When a wall locks off, lock off and delete that area till it unlocks. You cut down on space AND make the ILLUSIOn of a ever changing maze.

I think if the labriyth was a ACTUAL LABRIYTH and relied less on RNG, it would have lasted long enough and BEEN FUN.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 1/1/2017 4:06:55 >
DF  Post #: 627
1/1/2017 6:09:24   
Blabivix

It is very frustrating that the keepers are random, I've done about 10 runs of the first dungeon and I haven't even been able to complete the 2nd quest yet. I haven't had time to grind up to level 13 yet either, I'm only at 11, so I've got that to look forward to as well. I would really like some alpha and beta item souvenirs for when the game is fully released, but the grind just doesn't feel rewarding enough to me. The fact that bosses don't have any rare weapon drops or anything is immensely annoying, and you're going the whole "crafting" route for armor sets (and weapons).

My "reward" armors and weapons for being a kickstarter backer are currently completely useless, and have been since level 5. I would like to either have the option of having those at any level, or at least be able to equip it as a cosmetic set, replacing the look of the armor I'm actually wearing. Pebblar shell armor isn't fun to look at.

I have about 45 hours played of this game on steam and not a whole lot to show for it, just getting called a noob by level 15's who clearly have much more time on their hands than I do.
I've also had my account since the first build of this game was playable on unity.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 628
1/2/2017 5:58:06   
Amethystlock

In the skulltower dungeons there's a chance you'll spawn near the boss room and your key doesn't give you as much gold as you'd like, if gold farmers could have the option to toggle on/off the ability to spawn in the first room definitely, they wouldn't need to worry so much about putting their keys to bad use.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 629
1/2/2017 14:44:24   
Roaros

There was a suggestion WAY back in like august of 2015 about movement with the mouse and keyboard. I really think those suggestions need to be implemented. What I have noticed that makes movement less natural for me is when I an moving with the mouse (both buttons pressed) and then start moving with the keyboard with the W button. If i let up on the left mouse button, I can no longer control where my character goes with the mouse. I lose all mouse control completely. This is kinda wonky in my opinion. I feel like the mouse and keyboard need to work in unison, not separately.

Love the game so far though. I think when its released it will really be awesome! Already donated $20 to the cause!

< Message edited by Roaros -- 1/2/2017 14:54:15 >
Post #: 630
1/4/2017 19:10:53   
Amethystlock

In the Livingstone Caverns, for the Silverstone quests, the last quest of a quest chain called "Handle with Care" is repeatable and we should let people know which quests are repeatable so they know if they are unlocking more quests or not by doing them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 631
1/5/2017 12:11:40   
Dominus Tenebrae

I would suggest that players of AQW, which supported the company for a long period (7-8 years), and got the Achievement (VIP), deserve a special recognition in the 3D version, because there are many players who have invited many people to play the game. Thus, I suggest an armor set and a badge , in recognition of our loyalty.

so ..everyone who agree with that please support it.
Post #: 632
1/5/2017 16:06:26   
Meloette Wells

Is it normal for the guardian class to be stuck in permanent combat after switching to it in a dungeon?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 633
1/5/2017 22:23:31   
Amethystlock

The feature of joining a single-player room by yourself in aqw by using /join nameofplace-9017 in aq3d is extremely useful for people want to play quietly at the time and farm undisturbed if the enemies are weak and are one/few hit ko, to give more to this quietness, an Appear Offline feature would help people who are in one of those moods where they want to be quiet but don't want to be rude, or they are concentrating on other things.

we're going to get more skills. a popular feature in mmorpgs is the ability to rearrange skills, and add items to an on-screen slot that you can quick-use on the world or simply to keep track of the item. One example: you can drag your enraged spirit onto a slot so you'll know how many you have without checking the bottom of your inventory. you can only have three enraged spirits at a time, so this feature would be very useful to have your eyes on. when you reach max stack, the number could turn green, because you won't know when you reach the max stack unless you find out the hard way or you research the wiki (information on max stacks may not be available for some), or you ask others

< Message edited by Amethystlock -- 1/5/2017 23:07:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 634
1/6/2017 5:50:28   
Roaros

/join nameofplace-9017

Does this actually work in AQ3D? I havent tried it yet, but I can solo the tower with some pots and honestly I ***HATE*** having other people in my instance. all they want to do is GO GO GO GO GO GO GO.

GOod lord. Stop it. why not pick up the loot? If you dont want the loot for whatever reason, why not be CONSIDERATE and WAIT for your fellow teammates?? Why do people have so few manners and are uncaring towards other players?? Considering how few keys we get I cant believe ppl want to waste them so quickly.
Post #: 635
1/6/2017 10:13:29   
Sparhawk
AQW Game Moderator

No, that hasn't been implemented yet, to the best of my knowledge. No idea when or if it's planned.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 636
1/11/2017 20:26:37   
Amethystlock

Feedback for cut-scenes - theme: making it personal. many closer up shots from the chest up to make you feel you're there and in on the action, which is everywhere; a conversation is between people who want something out of it, so when two people can't trust each other or they want different things, or pretend to want the same things or have different agreeable objectives that don't work out; a cut-scene can get loud and have many dangerous adrenaline rushes so some can't stand or stay still, and the camera would have to be fast-paced to switch between; every second feels like it could escalate to something terrible, a frequency with ups and downs but surely going higher with every low. like music; the buildup keeps us going and full of anticipation.

camera would need to feature more than one movement per cut on the characters; characters react to each other real-time. camera would seem to have a personality of its own, putting emphasis on close ups on things deemed important. most important; capturing emotion, struggle of surviving, thoughts both spoken and unspoken through facial and body movement. Cut-scenes that make us think hard about what we're doing every step and as always, make us feel the weaknesses and limitations of being human, the weaknesses of others, and deciding our identity.

tips for the camera: a camera that can move as if it is a real third person's view, so not perfectly still, tilts/pans/moves forward/moves backward/slow zooms to gather attention/slow zoom outs to get the bigger picture/humanly follow the movements of people and fast-paced cutting for reactions, the continuous voices/dialogue can slip between two or more different cuts smoothly; don't have to fit a speech to one cut; and short and fast back and forth conversation tensions and one-wrong-thing-said-or-done-by-you-could-be-the-end, doing the right things buys you your life.

When you want people to feel vulnerable a moment when the character talks about their surroundings ex: the "least of their problems" or "robbed this whole place" or "something's on this station;" camera angle from higher places looking down to feature more of the place, but still personable; waist up from above shots.

< Message edited by Amethystlock -- 1/12/2017 8:24:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 637
1/12/2017 4:22:02   
RKC

I havent opened game on my PC because last it did, it spiked my CPU and did a blue screen on it. Please someone tell me its safe to open this on PC now.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 638
1/12/2017 12:55:02   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I'll run MSI Afterburner and check my CPU usage. What are your computer's specs? It's just a flash game.

Mine:

i5 3570
Zotac AMP GTX 980ti
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
Super Flower Leadex 650w PSU.

I cannot see this game spiking your CPU usage to the point of a BSOD. I'll run it and report back.

If I can remember my old Login.. I had to have the names changed etc.

Edit: Got it. CPU usage averaging between 19% lowest, 30% highest.

< Message edited by Digital X -- 1/12/2017 13:10:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 639
1/13/2017 6:50:35   
RKC

@Digital X

I use a Asus ROG G752VT

ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz
GeForce GTX 970M
16 GB RAM
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 640
1/13/2017 7:08:56   
Roaros

aq3d isnt a flash game?
Post #: 641
1/13/2017 10:24:27   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

My bad, been ill for months, not thinking right. But still the CPU usage should not be causing that. It has to be something else.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 642
1/13/2017 19:32:46   
Crystal Lion

What are your graphic card specs? Usually if I use an old graphics card I tend to get BSOD frequently or screen glitches. Since using an Nvidia 1050M I no longer have this issue.

Another thing, loose memory might cause BSOD, so clean those contact points.
Post #: 643
1/13/2017 22:35:53   
RKC

Is it that whenever I open the game it loads everything all at once, thats why my CPU sky rockets. Is there any fix for that?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 644
1/14/2017 4:06:57   
Crystal Lion

It no longer does this for me on my end, and the most recent hardware change I did was on my graphics card. Yours should be able to load without the CPU being hogged up in theory. I'm not sure how else I can help.
Post #: 645
1/29/2017 7:42:33   
Fenna

Playing on iPad. I'm left-handed and can't access the attack menu without obscuring my character's hp bar with my arm. Not good during a fight when I'm trying not to die. Just thought I'd point this out in case it could be improved in some way.

Also, are the monsters meant to start attacking me even when I'm trying to rest or walk to an NPC? Lol, so many times a sneevil attacked me when I was trying to get to the guy near the bridge in Greenguard, resulting in me dying.

< Message edited by Fenna -- 1/29/2017 7:51:02 >
Post #: 646
1/30/2017 6:40:30   
Roaros

The monsters (mobs) in the game arent going to just wait around for you to run up and attack them. They want things. Shiny box-shaped things. YOUR THINGS. They also have hopes and dreams too! One of them being bashing you into a bloody pulp and getting your stuffs! I'd stay well away from them if you dont want to fight. ;)

< Message edited by Roaros -- 1/30/2017 6:43:12 >
Post #: 647
2/2/2017 22:11:04   
Valtorous

AQ3D is gonna suffer the same fate as AQW as it is now. The game will become stagnant, because the game is too simple in my opinion. While I know it is in beta phase, it is a 3D MMORPG style game, and can't even compare to the bigger competitors it has like WoW.

I've played a little bit of it and it is so similar to AQW it hurts. Questing is basically like AQW. It's like no creativity was added to it. You just go back and forth, back and forth, between the mobs you need to kill. Since classes never develop, or gain anything new, future classes are going to be hoarded just like in AQW. The level curve will also turn off many players. The max level is only 15, yet still takes a huge amount of effort to get. If the curve continues then the grind to a level like 30 will be insanely long.

While I do think AQ3D has amazing art, that can only carry a game so far. AQ3D's overall game mechanics leave something to be desired.
AQW  Post #: 648
2/26/2017 15:14:34   
LouisCyphere

Is there still a chance that the XP needed to level is decrease?
Because right now, it takes too long to reach another level.

I'll be honest, the game is just boring since I'm doing the same thing over and over again.
And the level cap is still low. How many hours would it reach if the level cap is over 50? It's just tedious.

Well, guess Valtorous and I have the same concern.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 2/26/2017 15:27:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 649
3/1/2017 14:25:44   
Loftyz

I think there is a problem with how the money scales. The boss of our level 15 content drops 36 Gold. The boss of WoW level 15 content drops 56/10000 Gold (56 Copper). Nothing too abnormal here, however, having three tiers of currency gives them a lot more freedom. The boss of their level 60 content drops 48-76 Gold, and I can say with certainty that our Level 60 content bosses are not going to drop 480k-760k Gold.

And then there's Shadowskull tower, which is 2k Gold per run for Level 15 content. While the boss of Level 16 content gives 36 Gold (any materials are worth virtually nothing), a Level 15 dungeon is straight-up 2k for 5 minutes work. It also sets the standard of "gold-per-dungeon" that future dungeons have to scale to, in order to stay relevant. I think that any dungeon should offer a good amount of gold (not too much) for the items and crafting that its leveling zone requires, but also enough to clearly obsolete the previous dungeon as an inferior method.

But I still think there's still a problem with 36 Gold from a Level 15 content boss, because Zards drop 1 Gold. Yes, I'm making the argument that 1 Gold is too much for a Zard to drop. If the game had just two tiers of currency, then it would be ok, because the Zards would only be dropping 1/100 or 1/1000 of "unit of currency x", and Enraged Valek could safely drop 80/100 or 80/1000 "unit of currency x" (along with actually requiring us to kill all the enemies along the way, as well as a dungeon key for entry). The way I see it, the game has to look at the thing that drops the lowest amount of currency (that everything else scales from), and scale that - along with everything else - back, or continue to perpetually scale up the amount of gold that higher level content offers, to the point that dungeons are dropping many tens of thousands of Gold per run, and I don't want that.

So when the game goes live (and all our gold is reset), I definitely think Gold from Shadowskull, Spirit Wolf, and the Bridge (4 Gold per skeleton still too much IMO) should be nerfed to oblivion, and the price of items in their zones adjusted accordingly, so it is on a scale similar to what the relationship between gold-drops and item-prices is now. That said, the Ashfall dungeons should give slightly more Gold than Shadowskull, to match the slightly higher prices of their items (which should also be reduced, and adjusted in accordance with the Gold that Ashfall quests and dungeons offers).

That said, Going back to WoW as an example, Their best money-making dungeon are daily or weekly, while our best money-making dungeon can be completed 8 times every day, or practically endlessly if you spend Dragon Crystals for refunds. So it's ok if our dungeons give very bad Gold.

< Message edited by Loftyz -- 3/1/2017 14:26:52 >
DF AQW  Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 26 of 30«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition