Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/15/2015 10:30:48   
Gorillo Titan

I feel this game needs more clothes and other weapons besides swords.
Post #: 76
8/15/2015 10:39:40   
LyRein

@above
This is alpha, those things they can always add whenever they want.

Right now we need to think of the gameplay, combat, monsters, quests, npc's and maps.
Post #: 77
8/15/2015 10:55:15   
Gorillo Titan

weapons matter cause I remember it being said some weapons would have different swing speeds.

Clothes matter cause we get to see how the stats functions.
Post #: 78
8/15/2015 11:07:51   
blllaaaaaaaa

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but would it be possible to put portals to the different areas in Battleon? I'm playing on a Macbook Pro using the Chrome browser and I'm experiencing the inability to type glitch. It means that walking to doomwood is a 3-minute hike every time I log in/out instead of the nice /doomwood magic.
DF  Post #: 79
8/15/2015 11:59:18   
afterlifex
Legend-X

^ That's an issue that will be worked on & there is talk of using portals rather than the commands.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 8/15/2015 12:21:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
8/15/2015 16:37:29   
LyRein

@blllaaaaaaaa

What's wrong with a little 3 minute adventure?
Post #: 81
8/15/2015 18:52:57   
blllaaaaaaaa

@afterlifex: Sweet

@LyRein: Heh, it's not so bad unless I only have 10 minutes to go jump around

< Message edited by blllaaaaaaaa -- 8/15/2015 18:58:59 >
DF  Post #: 82
8/15/2015 20:04:34   
Evangel

quote:

Will there be a fast travel system in AQ3D?
These may stay but probably won’t. We hope to add a teleporting system to fixed locations based on discovery. Once you discover a new area by walking around, you will be able to use the map to teleport directly to it, for a small fee. If this does happen, it will be post beta.

Basically tells you what they have in mind. I think it's a good idea. Rewards exploration, with a little bit of balance with traveling. "Do you want to pay a fee, or spend some gold to fast travel?" As long as they don't make the fee require premium currency, of course.

The more I think about it, the less I am confident that AQ3D and probably other "Omni" games like AQ: Guardians will be deeper RPGs like AQ and DF and more like AQW in simplification, at least in terms of classes and combat. As much as I think 6 combat skills will add to the classes and combat, AE needs to fit the UI on tablets and smartphones, which don't have a lot of room on the screens to begin with.

Unless AE either drops PC/mobile parity and adds more to the PC versions of the games, or create a new game specifically for PC like all their past games(highly doubtful at this point), don't expect much more than what AQW has going for it.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 83
8/15/2015 20:18:28   
Neilandio

It would be great if we could auto-attack using the left mouse button too. The 1 button in the keyboard works no problem, but I've had pain in my had from repeteadly hitting that button. I can't imagine what farming like that would be like. Another thing I've had issues with is the rotating camera with the mouse. It works great except on the part where the cursor moves with the camera. It would be great if the cursor could "lock in" when we drag so that I don't hit the edge of my screen, that way I wouldn't have to do several swipes with my mouse to rotate the camera, which can be specially annoying when you just want to slow down and go sightseeing/screenshooting in the game. Also, the way the jum functionality works right now is radically different from most games I've played, in those games one could control the direction of the jump mid-air, which really helps to get to where you want to jump to, in AQ3D though you can't and it can be annoying, though it may be I just need to get used to.
Other random suggestions:
*New kind of quests other than the typical AQW ones, for example:
**Following x NPC
**Defending y NPC
**Grabing z item and taking it to x location
*Ranged weapons (bows, crossbows, guns, etc.). This combined with the left mouse button for auto attack could allow for aiming weapons.
*Mounts and taming monsters
*A sneak mode, perhaps as a skill/ability for specific classes like ninja or assassin. This could also be another new type of quest, follow x NPC without it noticing
*Collectibles/achievements/other kind of rewards for pointless stuff. I'm not a big fan of these, but I think they manage to keep the players engaged in the game, even if it's only in pointless tasks.
EDIT: Oh and another thing, I really liked the roll to get drops from Legends of Lore, I would love it if that came back, not for quest items though. But I'm pretty sure almost everybody else disagrees with me :/

< Message edited by Neilandio -- 8/15/2015 20:39:34 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
8/15/2015 20:26:03   
Evangel

Mounts and pets probably won't happen because it would basically double the population of "player entities" in the map/ on screen, which would cause a lot of lag. Another limitation of mobile. Unless they get "mount armors" like in AQW, which would require a whole new model and rigging, etc...
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 85
8/15/2015 22:05:34   
LouisCyphere

I'm not sure if I'm the only one bothered by this because based on the videos and design notes, they still have one of their feet on AQW. They wrote that AQ3D would be more in line with AQClassic but judging on the trend of their releases (which is a grindfest), it's like they're transitioning AQW into 3D. I hope they would implement quest line or quest chain which open shops at the end and not grind for a <5% drop rate weapon. Sure it is still in Alpha but they should set the first impression that it is different from AQW. Just like how their other games offere different gameplay despite being a 2D game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
8/15/2015 22:15:47   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

Remember that the Alpha exists primarily to test things out at a more "basic" level: errors in the code, bugs, gameplay balance, glitches, monster AI, etc.
Stuff like questlines and deeper quests and areas will appear much, much later. The extra-grindy quests exist to keep the testers occupied, and to incentivate people to play more, making it more likely to spot problems with the game.
DF AQW  Post #: 87
8/15/2015 22:25:37   
LouisCyphere

That's why I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Still too early too judge or heavily critic their ideal build of the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
8/16/2015 4:45:23   
Foulman

I dunno about this, but how about an actual stealth element to the game? A rogue/ranger/assassin should not be charging like a knight. Maybe give them some kind of backstab skill, or give them a mana boost like AQW's ninja class.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 89
8/16/2015 8:55:00   
LyRein

@Evangel

Exactly why mobile was a bad idea.

The only reason they aren't trying to make the combat deeper, is because it won't FIT on a screen.
Seriously? They want it to look better instead of be better?

If big companies aren't moving to mobile, then that obviously means mobile is not ... worth.. it.
The bigger gaming companies obviously are experienced with the gaming industry (which is WHY they're big in the first place, they know what to do with a game).

It lacks the amount of freedom a PC gives.

AE are moving to mobile with the wrong games in mind.

Games like UndeadTerror and BattleGems and AQ:Dragons are great on mobile devices, but an MMORPG? (with a proper staff team working on it).
One they *hope* to put on Steam? (Steamites aren't very fond of mobile games, they see them as casuals).

Until mobile gets better specs and still be portable, moving to it now is just going to hold you back.

< Message edited by LyRein -- 8/16/2015 8:56:18 >
Post #: 90
8/16/2015 13:35:56   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

I'm interested in seeing people's thoughts on the right mouse button changes. Previously right mouse button would be used to rotate your character with your camera, while left mouse button would turn your camera while leaving your character alone. With that you were able to rotate your character much easier than having to hold A/D and if you used left mouse button you were able to move your camera and the camera would stay where you left it when you walked, so you could have a camera angle where you're in front of your character as it's running towards you and so on. Now it's changed so left mouse button and right mouse button both rotate your camera but not your character, and after setting up your camera if you start walking it'll automatically reset your camera behind your character so you can't get those neat camera angles for videos and whatnot.

Anyhow, I don't particularly like the change but I'm interested in seeing if the change was something people liked or not.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 91
8/16/2015 14:41:38   
Neilandio

I did like the change in camera rotation, the old control was confusing because I'm used to having my character run in the direction the camera is pointing in PC games. It would be great if we could have an option to change it back to the old control scheme for those who prefer it that way.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
8/16/2015 14:53:06   
LyRein

@Undead Lunatics

Why can't you just make it so that;

Rotating your MOUSE moves the camera AND character (to face in the direction, not a sudden choppy turn but a smooth fluid one), but HOLDING RIGHT-CLICK will ALLOW YOU to move the camera WITHOUT your character facing the direction?

This will work, since mobile can't move the camera so it doesn't matter either way.
To make it function with the inventory, settings and whatnot just bind those things to keys, same with chat, so you don't have the two ugly icons near the bottom right-hand corner and still have a way to access it.

As for NPC's, just make it so you go up to them and have to press a key too, they'd get a faint white outline to show you're close enough to interact (the ! sign doesn't need to go since you would want to know who to talk to, but I do feel like it can be more appealing).

This will add easier walking around, also give you freedom to look where you want, not break other gameplay aspects and be more immersive.

< Message edited by LyRein -- 8/16/2015 14:54:09 >
Post #: 93
8/16/2015 15:28:04   
Neilandio

@LyRein
I wouldn't like that control scheme at all.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
8/16/2015 15:40:27   
LyRein

@above
Can you be less vague, what's wrong with it, why is it bad, how does it affect the game negatively?
Post #: 95
8/16/2015 15:40:30   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

quote:

I did like the change in camera rotation, the old control was confusing because I'm used to having my character run in the direction the camera is pointing in PC games. It would be great if we could have an option to change it back to the old control scheme for those who prefer it that way.

@Neilandio
That's definitely something I'd like to see more of in AQ3D, options. Anything ranging from volume controls (like DragonFable's) to keybinding would be extremely useful.

quote:

Why can't you just make it so that;

Rotating your MOUSE moves the camera AND character (to face in the direction, not a sudden choppy turn but a smooth fluid one), but HOLDING RIGHT-CLICK will ALLOW YOU to move the camera WITHOUT your character facing the direction?

This will work, since mobile can't move the camera so it doesn't matter either way.
To make it function with the inventory, settings and whatnot just bind those things to keys, same with chat, so you don't have the two ugly icons near the bottom right-hand corner and still have a way to access it.

As for NPC's, just make it so you go up to them and have to press a key too, they'd get a faint white outline to show you're close enough to interact (the ! sign doesn't need to go since you would want to know who to talk to, but I do feel like it can be more appealing).

This will add easier walking around, also give you freedom to look where you want, not break other gameplay aspects and be more immersive.

@LyRein
As someone who has played games like TERA & Skyforge, I'm definitely familiar with a system like that. Don't get me wrong I think the idea is awesome, however I just don't think a change like that specifically made for PC would be viable since AQ3D is focused around mobile.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 96
8/16/2015 15:42:15   
LyRein

@Above

See, mobile bringing so many problems, i'm lost as to why they thought it was a good idea to move to basically the worst gaming platform?

No matter which system you choose mobile won't have it since you can't rotate the camera view..
Why are you making the PC platform worse just for mobile?

Why can't the UI be cleaner, why can't the controls be better, why can't the overall look be enchanced with options to change it around?
You'd still be playing the same game, just PC will offer better performance because it can.

Instead of dumbing it down so mobile can stand out actually bother to make both sides as good as they can be?

< Message edited by LyRein -- 8/16/2015 15:47:46 >
Post #: 97
8/16/2015 16:07:02   
Vexx
Undead Lunatic

quote:

See, mobile bringing so many problems, i'm lost as to why they thought it was a good idea to move to basically the worst gaming platform?

No matter which system you choose mobile won't have it since you can't rotate the camera view..
Why are you making the PC platform worse just for mobile?

Why can't the UI be cleaner, why can't the controls be better, why can't the overall look be enchanced with options to change it around?
You'd still be playing the same game, just PC will offer better performance because it can.

Instead of dumbing it down so mobile can stand out actually bother to make both sides as good as they can be?

@LyRein
Well from what I understand, the idea is that basic core-game mechanics are being built first and mobile is being focused, but afterwards we'll be able to see some quality of life changes for PC. I understand the mobile implementation, it makes AQ3D unique. If you look at other MMOs like WoW as an example, you can't play it when you're away from your PC, however with mobile devices you'll be able to take AQ3D with you wherever you go and you'll be able to play w/ friends who are at home on their PCs.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 98
8/16/2015 16:25:16   
LyRein

@Above

Just because the core focus is mobile doesn't mean they shouldn't be focusing on PC too much.
You can only play on PC right now anyways, I fail to see the logic to that.

Having a way to play the game wherever you are (provided that you do have a phone, which most of AQW's fanbase won't, they're the ones taking up the most of AQ3's community and majority are underage) is nice, but only as a time passer.

Once you get home, you'll end up using your PC or console because the games on their are up to date with today's standards, they're the games you favour.

I'd prefer a quality game with fun, deep and immersive features over a game with a much lower quality and features but playable on any device.

And anyways, you need battery % on mobile to do anything, as-well as the specs, they NEED to always be up-to-date to play more games.
Post #: 99
8/16/2015 16:40:57   
blllaaaaaaaa

Are they planning on an auto-run feature? WoW had one on V back when I used to play and it was most enjoyable.
DF  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> RE: =AQ3D= Feedback Thread
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition