Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=EC 2015= Spike OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2015= Spike OOC
Page 1 of 612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/12/2015 21:16:09   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

This thread will serve as an OOC forum for competitors to discuss their tactics, collaborations, or provide additional details as to their effects. The order of the roster provided below is actually vitally important this year. In addition to all the descriptive changes from years past that you will find in the Spike Arena thread, we are universally adopting the equidistant starting points normally showcased in the Grand Arena for the Finals. The order in which you are listed in the roster is the relative location you enter the arena in, with the first competitor entering in at the North of the arena and moving clockwise around the edge of the arena. Alternatively, you can view this as the competitor listed above you will be on your right and the competitor listed below you in the roster will enter in on your left. All contestants are assumed to enter roughly at the same time, regardless of posting order.

Feel free to ask me questions within this thread, via PM, or via IRC if you have any details you would like clarified.

The Roster

S.O.N.A.R. as played by Bastet!
John the Janitor as played by Ultrapowerpie!
Sheriff Dell Wolf as played by Dragonnightwolf!
Lucia Deis as played by Apocalypse!
Arvensis Elekar as played by Azan! Voluntary withdrawal from tournament due to RL. This makes me sad, but it happens.
Tomarul Valpar as played by Riprose! DQ by Rule #3 - Idle Out
Raiu as played by Draycos777

Also, I will be adding in any questions I have been asked that may have potentially useful or relevant information for your descriptive use. On that note:

What are the dimensions of the arena?

All Paragon Phase arenas share a similar construction when it comes to the dimensions. From the geometric center it is 65 ft of terrain until reaching either a barrier wall or, such as with Spike or Sky, the lethal hazards ringing the arena. That's either 65 feet, or 21.6 yards, or just shy of twenty meters (at 19.812 specifically) as the radius for the arena. Entrance ways vary by arena in terms of design, but consist of eight equidistant points starting from cardinal North. Were one to connect the entrances with lines, you would inscribe a perfect octagon within the circle of the arena.

But there are only seven of us in the arena!
Yes, but arenas are designed with a maximum occupancy of eight contestants. I would rather use more arenas than pack more than that in an arena. The eighth location on the octagon reference is Vacant, with the first location being cardinal north and counting clockwise if looking at the arena from above. For this arena, that means that S.O.N.A.R. is standing on the cardinal north entrance and Lucia has no one directly opposite her entrance.

What is the deal with the ramps?
The ramps are solely to provide a safe means of decent into the gladiatorial pit - or alternatively the great maw of a mythic beast - that Spike Arena represents. They are not a permanent obstacle and will be retracted after competitors descend until the conclusion of Paragon Phase.

Exactly how many stakes have sharpened, hooked barbs exactly?
Poetic wording in the arena description aside, it is 1 in every 4 stakes on average. Given the vast number of stakes overall, they may not necessarily be perfectly distributed, since they aren't placed in some grand symmetric design. The stakes are many and legion, really, so it is a very, very wise idea to try and avoid being impaled at all on the border wall. Not that being impaled thanks to one of your opponents throwing you onto one of the Martyrs would be any better.

What are the Martyrs?
The Martyrs are the name of the obelisks. This is a flavor aspect that may be further explained in future iterations or fluff jaunts, but the name is an intentional reference analogy.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/27/2015 9:43:47 >
AQ  Post #: 1
8/12/2015 21:18:33   
Apocalypse

Just want to say good luck to all involved before we begin, and I hope you all have a blast.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
8/12/2015 21:20:36   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Ditto Apocalypse.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/12/2015 21:32:28   
Draycos777

Yup, good luck everyone. I'll try to get a post up tomorrow.
AQ  Post #: 4
8/12/2015 22:03:21   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

All right fellas, Ol Dnw has a question for you.

How many of you would mind if I was able to pay someone (for example in a saloon) who might have heard some rumors about ya'll (for example let's say Apoc's char is known and someone mentions to me that the person is a she, and she has a sense of justice)

I need to get a general idea before I can write my first post here.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/13/2015 2:06:17   
Apocalypse

All right, guys, let's look alive. I expect Lucia to be in some perilous danger by the time I check this again.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
8/13/2015 22:41:19   
Azan

Hello Spike competitors!

While it saddens me because my very first ECs have only just begun and they promise to be very interesting, I have to inform you (just like I already informed Ronin) that I won't be able to access any Internet device until Sunday at best, Thursday at worst. That means I won't be able to reply to anyone trying to interact with me. In my first post, I described my character Arvensis remaining idle, not attacking everyone and just watching precisely so I don't interact with anybody until I'm able to maintain a decent level of activity. If you choose to interact with Arvensis, he will pretty much just go into defensive mode and try to push you elsewhere until I return. That, or he'll offer you a cookie.

With that said, I wish all of the competitors a good luck and a mighty good time - just as I can guess I'm going to have a mighty good time myself when I get back. (About the good luck part, I'll consider it done if someone hasn't impaled me yet by the time I'm back. :P )

Oh, and cookies are awesome.

< Message edited by Azan -- 8/13/2015 22:42:13 >
Post #: 7
8/13/2015 22:50:58   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Don't worry Azan, I'll take all your cookies for you so you don't have to worry about it :D

Anyways I posted, leaving of course, the ball to someone else to mix things up :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
8/13/2015 23:18:03   
Apocalypse

You know, for a paladin, y'all are making it difficult for me to find a reason to pick a fight. From being passive to stoic to just plain lovable.

I need a heretic of darkness, STAT
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
8/14/2015 0:25:25   
TormentedDragon

Everyone who steps in the arena is there with the expectation of fighting, to the death if necessary. That's all the reason anyone should need!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
8/14/2015 2:09:00   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Fighting is one thing. But a really good fighter is one who plans like a chessboard. Because that's kind of what this is like. A giant chessboard.

We still have 2 more characters that need to enter.

< Message edited by Dragonnightwolf -- 8/14/2015 10:26:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/14/2015 23:07:49   
Apocalypse

AHHHH, JUST LOST MY POST, AHHHHH!!!

I should really learn by now. This happens at least once an EC.

Do to my bumbling idiocy, I shall be rewriting my post tomorrow after I'm done crying myself to sleep (though hopefully I'll be done with it by early afternoon.)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
8/15/2015 9:09:58   
Draycos777

I'm not sure just how that works, but, I'd imagine Tomarul's magnetic fields would make him a living lightning rod to Raiu's attacks. So even if she isn't aiming for him, just being close to her attacks might cause trouble for Tomarul.
AQ  Post #: 13
8/15/2015 14:25:49   
Apocalypse

All right, boys and girls, let's get the party started!

Collaborated with DNF, FYI.

Seems I have an M.O. when it comes to EC.

1.) Have my character incorrectly know other participants' names and classes.
2.) Picking fights with things a lot bigger and a lot scarier than me.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
8/15/2015 14:56:40   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

3.) Misspelling Dnw as DNF.

;)
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/15/2015 16:13:54   
Apocalypse

...I is not smart
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
8/15/2015 20:08:09   
Bastet

Come then, let us have our fun. ;)
Post #: 17
8/15/2015 23:16:37   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I'll have a response up just as soon as I get a reply pm from Draycos
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
8/15/2015 23:30:48   
Ultrapowerpie

This is just so delicious.

I'll post tomorrow :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
8/16/2015 3:13:44   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

if anything is unclear, let me know. :)

AQW Epic  Post #: 20
8/16/2015 4:28:47   
EmbraceTheDarkness

quote:

You know, for a paladin, y'all are making it difficult for me to find a reason to pick a fight. From being passive to stoic to just plain lovable.

I need a heretic of darkness, STAT

Just find a brave war-maiden who loves her hair dearly :(

< Message edited by EmbraceTheDarkness -- 8/16/2015 4:29:40 >
AQW  Post #: 21
8/16/2015 17:40:14   
Apocalypse

@Bastet: BRING IT ON

@EmbraceTheDarkness: I understand not your reference. As such, I declare you a heretic and will deal with you after the behemoth and Lady Lightning.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
8/16/2015 18:52:10   
Azan

Well, now it would seem that all of us are locked into combat (or on our way to be!) except John. Would be funny if all of us died and only he was left to claim victory without doing anything else than mopping the obelisk.

< Message edited by Azan -- 8/16/2015 18:53:26 >
Post #: 23
8/16/2015 18:56:18   
EmbraceTheDarkness

@ Apocalypse

haha, last years Cellar Arena and you'll get the reference
AQW  Post #: 24
8/16/2015 19:01:48   
Ultrapowerpie

Don't worry Azan, I promise something will happen. Soon. :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2015= Spike OOC
Page 1 of 612345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition