Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

1 vs 1 Balance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> 1 vs 1 Balance
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/16/2015 12:22:00   
Front45

Hey all. everyone knows that jugg battle is dead. ba123r play only 2 vs 2. i thought win daily 1 vs 1 but no matter play against 50 Rank player

just look 50 Rank player has 30+ def. 30+ res. 40+ bot damage. 40+ aux damage and 30+ primary damage

underdog mode don't matter not works. almost always losing. what mods can do for low rank 40 lvl players? i don't playing 1 vs 1 because of there are so many high rank players

i am waiting balance. boring always 2 vs 2. lord machaar is 25 Rank and always winning over me. what matter game if 100% lose ? can anyone explain me. i don't know how to solve that problem but i am really sad. if all be 40 lvl 1 rank everyone will have same power and people will not complain but i hate that i have 0% chance to win. what does it means?
Post #: 1
8/16/2015 15:21:25   
Alkimos
Banned

quote:

lord machaar is 25 Rank and always winning over me.

Machaar has beat me twice and I'm rank 29. Simply put, he is a skilled player. His rank is not to blame clearly.
Epic  Post #: 2
8/16/2015 16:33:29   
Front45

i understand that, that Ranks inspires us to continue our power and be hard but in second situation no one likes Rank 1-5 vs Rank 25-50 because it is almost 100% unfair. please think about it. i am not complaining about loses. i don't like that i don't have any chance to win. this is not right. please do something
Post #: 3
8/17/2015 4:33:16   
Foulman

Try having a 6 E-Level difference. It's funny when you beat them, but most of the time that just does not happen...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/17/2015 6:09:35   
Silver Sky Magician

With the introduction of underdog and other major balance changes, I find that ranks are not longer a key balance issue, and personally have no trouble beating players dozens of ranks above me. You can seek build advice if you need help.
Post #: 5
8/17/2015 7:21:22   
Foulman

The problem for me is the 16 stat and 4 skill point advantage these people have over me plus the ranks, as well as bad luck. Like a battle I would have won if they didn't randomly crit through my total of 550 resistance with a strike...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
8/17/2015 12:10:57   
Lord Machaar

You can lose in a 1vs1 battle due to various reasons, your opponent's build/class encounters yours, ranks/levels difference, experience/skills difference, luck factors, etc... sure balance can be blamed, but you can't really blame it when you lose to one of these reasons except when we are talking about ranks/levels difference.
For instance when a rank 1 faces a rank 50, you can't really neglect the fact that there is a 50 ranks difference, sure UM helps, but in some cases, it just doesn't work.

I started doing PVP (1vs1) from level 35 till now (rank 26), I've been through many stages, the worst was probably at level 38 - rank 5, I can't deny that I was lost then, I've tried strenght builds, support builds, and then I just decided to do it the classic way, 5 focus. I had to quit ofcourse 1vs1 at that stage because my winning ratio was so bad (50 - 70%) that I couldn't stand it, so I tried a TLM support build for 2vs2, that made me hate 2vs2 and everytime I see it on a mission chain (last update), I ask myself, is it really the time to quit the game. Ofcourse that stage made me hate 2vs2 but atleast I had enough ranks to get my build working properly.

I've went from 50-70% winning ratio to 90-100%, ofcourse this isn't totally due to ranks, especially when you see players at rank 25 suffering. But still, I confirm everything I said about ranks when I was a rank 1 player, ranks do have an impact, sure skills and experience do have an impact too, but ranks do have a bigger one. Ofcourse such thing depends on the situation, when 2 players using the same build with 2 different ranks (rank 1 and rank 50), the result of this battle is known except something miraculously happens, the impact of ranks varies also from one player to another, I swear if not for ranks, some rank 80 - 60 players would probably quit the game for their bad playing methodes.

I don't want to go any further in boring details which will make this reply longer, so I will tell you something, just don't fall in doubts when you lose due to factors that are out of your reach, when you lose because your build is not working, you can feel bad but in the end your build is something that you could work on. The worst thing is when you feel bad about losing to an opponent that has 50 - 60 ranks more than you, it is something that you can't change, especially when you meet that player 6 times in power hour, because believe me some of the players you face with high ranks wouldn't stand the things you are doing with the few ranks you have. Don't feel sad because personally I wouldn't have won some battles against lower rank players if not for my ranks, and vice versa, some players I currently face, they wouldn't make it to the 5th round if not for their ranks. Some builds are only usable at high ranks, I'm not saying that having a lot of ranks shouldn't have its perks, the great winning ratio, the huge amount of options when trying builds, advantage over NPCs/Bosses, but on the other hand, I don't think they should be big enough to make low rank players punching bags.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 8/17/2015 12:31:33 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 7
8/17/2015 14:11:20   
  Exploding Penguin

I beat level 40s when I'm a few levels below them all the time, and I lose to them all the time too. Yes they have an advantage even with underdog but it's not so massive in most cases that I still have a chance to win if I play my cards right.
Epic  Post #: 8
8/18/2015 3:11:38   
shadow.bane

umm dude what @lord machaar said was true ! 100 % i had the same thing , skills in these levels/ranks (level 38 ---> rank 5) can give u hard time . make a good build and it's okay to lose , but rank up maybe use npcs ? then there should be no problem if your a skilled player u can get above 85 % in daily bases . good luck .
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
8/18/2015 3:43:03   
Foulman

How do you get a high ratio? Is it just my bad luck that some days I get like 15 Rank 10s in a row who always beat me with crits, blocks and deflects? And how do you counter focus poison TLM with SS?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/18/2015 12:52:33   
  Exploding Penguin

You get a high ratio by playing well. Any class can deal with any build if you make the appropriate build to handle it, but as long as you are convinced that a specific class/build counters the class you are playing as you won't improve.

Your problem seems to be with the massive amounts of energy that TLMs have. Stay on the offensive and keep on battering them to get your rage first since they don't get rage from using battery backup. When they are about to use surgical strike drain their energy so they have to wait at least 1 more turn to use it. Also invest in energy drain cores.
Epic  Post #: 11
8/18/2015 18:33:45   
Foulman

I do play reasonably well, but the fact that I have no frost shards does put me at a disadvantage. I can a win rate of 75% on average now, but my overall winrate is at 66% because I kept using dex builds for the first 30 levels. I can win against TLM that have a two level advantage, but after that I'm screwed.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/18/2015 23:13:38   
  Exploding Penguin

75% is actually decent because matchmaking sucks and there are a lot of other stupid factors coming into play. That kind of win ratio was once considered really bad but it's alright now. Unless you have capped the benefits from ranks I don't really think it's possible to achieve anywhere near a 95% win ratio like it once was, and 90% is still a very hard task.
Epic  Post #: 13
8/19/2015 3:36:08   
Foulman

Then is 75% good enough for a level 36? I'm using focus 5 atm.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
8/19/2015 6:54:01   
shadow.bane

75 % is good for u level but u can increase it to reach 90 % plus with a better MIND strategy .
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/19/2015 8:29:18   
Foulman

It's just that when I do lose, it's a very close battle that could have been won if i had azraels stuff or stuff like that.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
8/19/2015 10:14:46   
shadow.bane

weapons and special weapons don't mean anything ! i use Egg Gun and Lagomorph Launcher , with Liberty Scythe and Nightwraith's duds . and i do 95 % + on daily bases , weapons not an issue ! and trust me when i use Azrael's anguish sometimes , i very very rarely use azrael's will ! it's just a matter of thinking right ^_^ .
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
8/20/2015 3:05:31   
Foulman

The thing is, I can't really beat other focus BH, because it's the same build. Just with 16 extra stats and 10 ranks to invest in something.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
8/20/2015 3:28:32   
shadow.bane

still good for your level tho man ! keep up the good work u will suffer at level 38 - 39 but trust me worth it :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
8/23/2015 5:58:41   
Front45

the game is 100% broken. i even don't have wish to play. 1 vs 1 started 3 battle and 1st was Rank 42, then both Rank 24. how u can play and win. going again 2 vs 2, i will wait 1 vs 1 real balance update changes. don't matter 1 vs 1

< Message edited by Front45 -- 8/23/2015 6:00:50 >
Post #: 20
8/23/2015 6:27:40   
  Exploding Penguin

balance is different from matchmaking, just so you know.
Epic  Post #: 21
8/27/2015 14:09:55   
nowras

To be honest the ones who should complain are high ranked players (60-80)

Why?

Its becuz if a rank 80 versus someone whose rank 59 the rank 59 is going to have everything maxed out except 1 level of his gun damage and the medical mastery and the energy reduction perk

The rank 59 is going to get underdog mode III that means +2 str and sup and +3 dex and tech he is going to also get a higher chance to start 1st (by 15%) and a higher luck chance

so basically the rank 59 player will have extra primary damage / gun damage / aux damage / robot damage/ def/ resis / luck chances and a 15% extra 1st turn chance.

while the rank 80 is going to have the medical mastery (+20 health from and healing) and the -10 energy thing on cores

Which one has an advantage on the other? Its actually the rank 59! like omg how that should be supposed to happen? a rank 80 paid 315k more credits and played more than the rank 59 to be even weaker?!?!?!!? nice one ED if only there was the ability to tag Admins like @Charfade @nightwraith @titan @rabblefroth in the forums so they see what they have done with this underdog mode

even rank 49 players have an advantage over rank 80 players

and plus high ranked players should get extra credits now.. why? its becuz the low ranked players now have advantage over u and kill u then get extra credits? lol :o and exp too I think rank 60-80 players should get like 70 credits for defeating a rank 50-59 and 55 for defeating a rank 40-49 so it becomes fair at least...

and there're those who are new level 40s they get like 100 credits for defeating a rank 80 while we rank 80 players got nothing for defeating high ranked players in the past I think we need a prize for that something like 300k credits or even more lol.. (extra exp too ofc)

An easy solution for this

MAKE THE LOWER RANKED PLAYER GET 50% OF WHAT THE HIGHER RANKED PLAYERS HAVE OF PERKS

Ex. A rank 80 vs a rank 59 the rank 80 has the -10 energy thing on cores and the +20 health and +4 gun damage what should the rank 59 get? he should get +2 gun damage -5 cores energy cost +10 more health from field medic

this will make it fair even for those who are rank 1 as they r going to be rank 40 players when they vs a rank 80 player and this is fair enough tbh so that the low ranked people get a better underdog mode the med ranked players doesn't get affected and the rank 49-59 players get a nerf and a buff for the rank 60-80 WHICH IS FAIR.

< Message edited by nowras -- 8/27/2015 14:24:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
8/27/2015 17:01:08   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

An easy solution for this

Or just getting rid of legendary ranks and increasing the level cap would solve a LOT of problems. The only big issue is just too many skill points and not enough skills, but it's about time the staff finally just made new skills. Overlapping skills are long past overdue and skill trees should just get expanded followed up with the removal of ranks and increase to the level cap. It would bring about a lot more interesting stuff into the game and people would like playing around with the new stuff for a while.
Epic  Post #: 23
9/2/2015 4:13:41   
Front45

jugg is dead. 2 vs 2 is dead, if u don't have force azrael's gun. 1 vs 1 no matter also. this game is totally destroyed and no one cares. i lose in 2 vs 2 straight 13 battles because of this force gun. i guess i will give up forever !@

if u are low rank u can't beat Rank 62 player, Rank 29 player, Rank 24 player and etc. because of them u don't have wish play 1 vs 1 never

< Message edited by Front45 -- 9/2/2015 4:48:25 >
Post #: 24
9/2/2015 14:22:03   
  Exploding Penguin

I'm a level 37 and I beat level 40s sometimes. Not rarely but not too often.

This isn't low levels where a level 5 has no chance of beating a level 10. A level 40 who is behind 30 ranks is at a disadvantage but there's something called outplaying and it really works well.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> 1 vs 1 Balance
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition