Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Pyro Fly

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Pyro Fly
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/21/2015 22:39:21   
Foulman

Pyro fly destroys the game. Why should it even exist? It's so OP. We need to give out double stat and skill points to nerf this thing so that it doesn't completely ruin the game.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/21/2015 23:11:28   
  Exploding Penguin

It wasn't OP on release at all back in delta.

The reason why it's broken is because of the stupid thing where energy-related skills are basically mandatory in the current meta. There are so many other problems that rise up from this that we should just fix the skill trees instead and knock out like 30 birds with one stone.
Epic  Post #: 2
8/22/2015 4:38:09   
Mother1

@ Exploding Penguin

The bot was still broken even back then. I had it with an alt at a low level and every time I would fight a juggernaut with a low level partner I never lost due to the effect taking out their critical moves.

Also it was still broken for cyber hunter seeing as you could still take out their static charge and if you took that they were dead ducks unless they had boosters.

The only reason people didn't complain back then was because it wasn't in the hands of non varium players at low levels where they could destroy Juggernauts.

I grantee you if the pyro fly was usable back then like it was now (meaning available to everyone an not varium only players) We would have had even more complaints about the pyro fly wreaking Juggernaut mode and game play like we do now.

Otherwise your post would be accurate.
Epic  Post #: 3
8/22/2015 13:00:34   
  Exploding Penguin

Back then its damage in comparison to other bots was also very bad though, which is one of the main factors in why people refused to use it.
Epic  Post #: 4
8/22/2015 14:15:45   
Mother1

@ Exploding penguin

Even now I see all builds use it bot for it's offensive power (unless they are focus 5) but for it's effect.

But not only that, but back then when the pyro fly first came out the only other bot that had less offensive power was the rusted assault bot which was what all non variums were stuck using (unless they won an assault bot from the old arcade) before the inferno android came out.

If the pyro fly had been a non varium bot back then and they had to choose between the rusted assault bot and the pyro fly the pyro fly would have been taken if they wanted offensive power seeing as it was superior to the Rusted assault bot.
Epic  Post #: 5
8/22/2015 14:53:02   
  Exploding Penguin

@Mother1:

They actually used IA I think, since it's always been credit-only as far as I can remember. IA has always been a top pick for robots since it's never really been weak, but back then pyro fly just didn't have the same effect it has now since using attacks with lower power has less of a penalty than it once did where fights could consistently end in under 10 turns. Now that damage in pretty much everything has been reduced, 85% damage moves and other weaker moves like assimilation and robot specials are a lot less punishing to use.
Epic  Post #: 6
8/22/2015 15:38:53   
Mother1

@ Exploding penguin

I was talking about if it was available for credits back then before the infernal android came out. That was why most of the robots were never used by the masses because they were mostly varium only. I just remember using the bot on an alt because it was the only bot that came with the keys and I wanted to use it at a low level to see how it worked.

When I found out how powerful it was against juggernauts almost always grantee me a win if I got the right skill I knew it was powerful against Juggernauts.

Also I remember cyber hunters complaining about the bot because as I pointed out it could take away their static charge which was mandatory for all cyber hunters back then (and surprisingly still is today) So while it wasn't as powerful as it is now, It still had an impact against Juggernauts and Cyber hunters for those reason.

It didn't become a problem for the soul reason that the masses couldn't get their hands on it due to it being varium only.

As for the infernal android the horror of that robot when it first came out. I am still pissed that in one blast that thing remove 90 health from me with a crit and no it wasn't with the war weapon (which surprisingly was how much health I had left) and that Tactical merc was literally one attack from losing.

That was why people used it because it wasn't tested properly and it was vastly overpowered.
Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Pyro Fly
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition